Clash of The Titans: WCW 1994

In 1994, WCW's Eric Bischoff declared open war against Vince McMahon's dominant WWF. Bischoff's first major step in this direction came in June 1994 when the biggest wrestling star in the world, Hulk Hogan, signed a multi-year contract with WCW. By July, WCW was heading towards the match sought for by fans for years, which WWF teased but failed to deliver when they had the chance: Hulk Hogan vs. Ric Flair, the latter being WCW World Heavyweight Champion. All signs lead towards a true clash of the titans...

This game begins in the first week of July 1994. As WCW heads closer to Bash at The Beach, these are the ongoing storylines leading into it:

The main attraction and the buzz of the wrestling world right now being the aforementioned Hogan vs. Flair match for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Hogan is backed up by manager Jimmy Hart and 80's icon Mr. T, with whom he have seen great success in the wrestling world previously. Ric Flair is backed by his valet, Sensuous Sherry (Martel).

Another rivalry is Vader and his manager Harley Race against The Guardian Angel, the former Big Bossman of WWF, who had recently changed his name from "The Boss" due to being stripped of the right to carry a nightstick and handcuffs by WCW commissioner Nick Bockwinkel (no, it had nothing to do with WWF suing WCW for copying their Big Bossman trademark, no sir).

Dustin Rhodes against Col. Robert Parker and his Stud Stable with Bunkhouse Buck in particular is another main storyline, with Dustin Rhodes and a yet-to-be determined partner going up against Buck and Terry Funk at Bash at The Beach. Dustin has asked Arn Anderson to be his tag team partner for the event, but the former Horseman has yet to answer the request.

The Sullivans, Dave and Kevin, were set to fight The Nasty Boys for the WCW Tag Team Championship at Slamboree - but the Nasties jumped and injured Dave, which led to Cactus Jack successfulling taking his place and winning the titles with Kevin. At Bash at The Beach, the odd partnership of Cactus and Kevin are poised to face Pretty Wonderful, Paul Roma and Paul Orndorff.

We are also expecting to see Ricky Steamboat take on WCW United States Championship holder "Stunning" Steve Austin for his title. It should be noted that 2 years ago, Steamboat won the WCW Television Championship from Austin.

Speaking of which, the honorable Lord Steven Regal is being challenged for the TV title by Johnny B. Badd as well at The Bash.

Stay tuned as we head towards the biggest matchup in pro wrestling history...

I am really looking forward to this. Can't wait to see how you build WCW up going forward. The momentum was on their side with the Hogan signing so I hope you can duplicate the run they had in real life without the big fall at the end. It would be awesome to see this diary go on a few game years if possible.

I am really looking forward to this. Can't wait to see how you build WCW up going forward. The momentum was on their side with the Hogan signing so I hope you can duplicate the run they had in real life without the big fall at the end. It would be awesome to see this diary go on a few game years if possible.

Thanks, I'll do my best!

Needless to say, I will try to create a bit more interesting feuds for Hogan than Brutus Beefcake and Kevin Sullivan.

Archived