Reputation and Experience

Hi all,

I've been messing about in the editor and so far I'm pretty happy with everything except Experience (general, cage and ring), Reputation, Performance and Aura. The fighter generator seems to place these values pretty high.

I've tried a few different way to calculate this so it's consistent across the board but I'm not sure i've balanced right.

How do those of you that make mods balance these stats?

I'm creating all new data so I can't balance it against already existing fighters at this stage.

Cheers,

Barrie

I can safely say that reputation, aura and performance will not impact fights in any way. They will only impact potential AI hirings. You are of course free to set these any way you like, as fighters could have had amateur fights that were very exciting and warranted a '70' rating on performance. So feel free. Reputation I personally never put at 10+ for 'new' fighters. I tend to make cross-over stars start with a better number. Data to strenghten this are, for instance, Ronda Rousey's title fight booking. She was 3-0 so, by the game's logic, would be around 30-35% rep. at best, fighting a 60%? rep fighter. Yet she was (I believe) 3-1 on Vegas odds, which could only happen if there was a reputation factor that contributed to the fighter's rating. I try to reflect that in the game as well by attributing higher rep stats. Aura works in the same way; some sort of more direct/immediate reputation factor. I guess you can sometimes go overboard with this stat if you want that 'Rousey-effect'. My reasoning could perhaps be better applied to this Aura stat instead of reputation. Remains to be seen.

As for experience. Right now I haven't really 'studied' this stat and the way it goes up. I always made 'new' debutable fighters

instead of ones that were already there so there was no need. I'd study some of the game's starting fighters, note the values in relation to their records, and go from there. Sorry.

If your question was about how you could make the game put less emphasis on those stats, then I have no idea. I'm not sure you can. Perhaps lower their skill level?

I can safely say that reputation, aura and performance will not impact fights in any way. They will only impact potential AI hirings. You are of course free to set these any way you like, as fighters could have had amateur fights that were very exciting and warranted a '70' rating on performance. So feel free. Reputation I personally never put at 10+ for 'new' fighters. I tend to make cross-over stars start with a better number. Data to strenghten this are, for instance, Ronda Rousey's title fight booking. She was 3-0 so, by the game's logic, would be around 30-35% rep. at best, fighting a 60%? rep fighter. Yet she was (I believe) 3-1 on Vegas odds, which could only happen if there was a reputation factor that contributed to the fighter's rating. I try to reflect that in the game as well by attributing higher rep stats. Aura works in the same way; some sort of more direct/immediate reputation factor. I guess you can sometimes go overboard with this stat if you want that 'Rousey-effect'. My reasoning could perhaps be better applied to this Aura stat instead of reputation. Remains to be seen.

As for experience. Right now I haven't really 'studied' this stat and the way it goes up. I always made 'new' debutable fighters

instead of ones that were already there so there was no need. I'd study some of the game's starting fighters, note the values in relation to their records, and go from there. Sorry.

If your question was about how you could make the game put less emphasis on those stats, then I have no idea. I'm not sure you can. Perhaps lower their skill level?

Rousey had 3-4 amatuer fights, and a great judo career. Not like she walked into the Strikeforce cold turkey.

Rousey had 3-4 amatuer fights, and a great judo career. Not like she walked into the Strikeforce cold turkey.

I you'd read my post again, you'll see that that is exactly my point. An identical character in WMMA would rate 30% on reputation, yet is actually reputed far better in reality. Amateur fights are not taken into account in the default database. Modders will have to compensate for this by adding more reputation.

The main reason why I have never made a fictional mod for this game, well other than the fact that I can't make renders and graphics, is because I do not understand how the experience stat works. I have looked at it in the past and it seems that some fighters seem to gain experience quicker than others.

For instance you can have two fighters with three fights under their belts. One fighter will end up having more experience than the other even though both fighters have the same amount of fights. Really I think Adam is probably the only one who can explain how the experience stat works.

Though I also don't really understand how it works, you must be joking if this is the main reason why you're not modding the game. Surely you see that you can actually open up a game in progress and check the experience levels for every amount of fights and determine how much it rises each fight, using that data to make your own fighters. I assure you the differences are minimal if you control the start amount of experience (or take it into account), so you won't lose much efficiency.

Other people will make renders and gfx for you if you just want to handle the data, so that is no excuse either. :)

Haven't really studied it with WMMA 3 but in previous games experience goes up by three for each fight.

Archived