Just got into this

I finally got around to trying the demo for this and I seriously get sucked in so much. I don't follow college football all that much so there's some stuff that I don't understand(like what SOS rank is?).

Probably the first non console game that's come out since TEW2010 that's made me wish I had money to buy it. I didn't really expect much from the game for some reason, but I've played through as much as I can in the demo three or four times now and I gotta say, I wish the forum for it was more active. Hopefully I'll have the extra money to drop on this sometime soon because it's been a really long time since I've wanted a game this bad.

Just thought I'd share my new finding of this game :)

It is a very good game and there are some rumblings that sometime soon maybe there will be a new football game. Not sure if pro or college, but a while back Arlie mentioned he had a game in the works, but nothing else has come out lately. For a game that is coming up on 7 years it is still very playable, but does have an occasional bug that freezes the game and it if is not back up you could lose the game you were playing.

Anyway to answer your question on SOS. That stands for Strength of Schedule. Basically if you play in a weak conference your SOS would be much lower than playing in a BCS conference. Or is you play the sisters of the poor in your non-league (like Ohio State typically does), then you would have a lower strength of schedule than a team that played Georgia Tech, Boise State, and Texas A&M in a non league schedule.

It is a very good game and there are some rumblings that sometime soon maybe there will be a new football game. Not sure if pro or college, but a while back Arlie mentioned he had a game in the works, but nothing else has come out lately. For a game that is coming up on 7 years it is still very playable, but does have an occasional bug that freezes the game and it if is not back up you could lose the game you were playing.

Anyway to answer your question on SOS. That stands for Strength of Schedule. Basically if you play in a weak conference your SOS would be much lower than playing in a BCS conference. Or is you play the sisters of the poor in your non-league (like Ohio State typically does), then you would have a lower strength of schedule than a team that played Georgia Tech, Boise State, and Texas A&M in a non league schedule.

Thanks for explaining that!

Buying this game is actually going to be one of the first things I do when I get a new job. I've been spending so much time on the demo.

There are still some active online leagues that make the game very enjoyable. PM me for some info if you'd like the links to some that I'm in. That also helps because most of the league forums have FAQ's and long time players that can help answer some questions.

Archived