The changing plays issue?

Just to add a little more specificity to this bug, it not only calls a different play...most annoyingly, it can call a whole different formation. I could deal if it was just considered an audible, but if I'm in a 5-2, my defense shouldn't just show up in a 3-4.

Arlie, let me say again that this is a really good game. However, this defense changing thing is really hurting the experience for me. I've lost 3 games this season alone to the computer opting me out of the Defense I called into some random commit to run in an obvious passing situation. I wouldn't be so p.o.'ed if it wasn't going to make me lose to an 0-9 Rutgers team because only 60% of the defenses run are what I've called.

Here's a bit of heresy, but . . . i don't think the program really [I]is[/I] changing the defensive plays; it only changes the graphic display of your play call. The next time you're simming and see this happen, do this: 1) Check the in-game PBP report immediately. You'll see the recorded defensive alignment was the one you called. 2) Watch the defensive play call display. When the offensive display disappears in preparation for the next play, you'll see the defensive display revert to the formation and play that you called. So maybe the play is being resolved based on the requested defensive alignment and only the display is wrong?

Archived