MAW out with the old, och aye the noo

Its been almost six years since I last stepped foot in a ring. I must be outta my mind. When I left the business behind me I thought it would be for good. Me and my fiancée at the time had decide we wanted to leave the business. We had our reasons, the main one for me was I wanted to go out at the top. I never got to win the SWF World heavyweight title that I had always chased and I wasn’t going to get the chance to either. They weren’t gonna offer me a new deal. Of course I had other offers but I had history with Peter in hollyweird and my soon to be wife had history with Alex in DaVE, and I had always envisioned I would go out in the top promotion in the world. So I did.

It was just meant to be a quite trip to the mall for me and Babs. No one really recognises us anymore a far cry from our heyday in the late nineties but on this trip things seemed a little different. I noticed a small crowd gathering around us, pointing and whispering. Babs didn’t pay much attention but I missed being noticed, damn I’ve only been retied six years and no one seems to notice me at all. I turned to her and said “look see people still know who I am darlin”. She said “it ain’t you there looking at” without even lifting up her head to have a look. So naturally I called her a big headed you know what before I looked around and saw Rip Chord. Sorry Babs.

I should have known the crowd wasn’t for me. Even though we had been retired for almost the same amount of time Rip was a legend in pro wrestling. Where I was just a big draw in the top company for a few years. After he had finished signing autographs (I signed a few too) we got to catching up. We spoke about being retired, golf, our families and before too long the conversation had turned to wrestling. Seeing as his son has just broke in and my other half was one of they most famous female managers of her generation it wasn’t hard to imagine it going that way. You see Rip was the holder of the main title in the promotion I debuted in at the time of my debut. He was also the SWF heavyweight champion when I debuted there and was the man who got me the offer at Hollyweird on his recommendation. We went all the way back to nineteen seventy eight. If you wanted you could say we were old buddys, not close friends but we had a mutual respect for one another.

Me and Rip exchanged details which took some time as nether of us know how to use a damn cell phone. Then just as he was about to walk away I said “wait”. “you know what I said earlier about being happily retired”. Yeah he replied. “it wasn’t exactly the truth” I said. Then I preceded to tell him how much I missed the business, the fans, the boys, even just getting recognised in the mall. He said I could come and help him out down at Mid Atlantic. He was looking for someone to take the book. Jean had become tired of booking the shows and wanted to concentrate on his wrestling for a while, Charles and Brandon weren’t interested and he was too busy himself running the company and working at the boot camp. I said I wouldn’t know how to put on a show on. He said Jean could still lend a hand and so would he and that MAW’s the kinda place where everyone helps out. I looked over my shoulder to see my wife queuing at the till and said “ let me speak to Babetta.

So I head down from my home in Hartford, Connecticut to the Mid Atlantic, to meet Rip to discuses the job. He sent me a text message and from what I could make out he told me to come Tuesday midday and watch the boys train. I’d been to a couple of shows over the years as I didn’t live far, being in the New England area. So I knew what the company was all about and who most of the boys where. As I walked through the doors at the MAW boot camp, I was pleased to see Rip laying belly down in the middle of the ring, with the huge Findlay O’Farraday clamped tightly in a front face lock. Jean Cattley saw me as I walked in and came over to say hello. He called Rip outta the ring and told me he was pleased I had come and that he was a big fan, I told him the same, then I felt a hand on my should. It was Rip, who got me up in the ring and introduced me to the boys and the girl, who’s father I had wrestled with many times.

Me, Jean and Rip stood outside the ring and watch the guys train as we talked business. Jean said he felt a little drained from wrestling and booking and felt as though he had run outta ideas and with no one else wanting the full responsibility of taking over his booking duties he was glad I was here and he would do everything he could to help if I took over the position. Rip said if I wanted to be more involved we could have me in an authority type role. Occasionally booking matches live on shows, presenting titles and what not to give some of the guys the rub. I said I hadn’t been near a mic in years but it sounded like a pretty good idea. The truth was I was feeling slightly nervous at the thought of performing again in front of a live crowd. After he offered me an amount we shock hands and continued training. Man it felt good to be back in that ring but I still had to smooth things over with the wife.

The Roster

Main Event

American Patriot

He’s our current champion and a fantastic athlete who’s as tough as they come. He’s gotta great look, charismatic to boot and decent on the mic. As far as in the ring goes very good chain wrestler who can brawl and has a good understanding of puroresu. Some guys may not like facing him because he’s as stiff as hell. As long as he can stay injury free and protect that dodgy knee it could be time to move on to better things as he has pretty much done it all here. Maybe a tour of Japan.

Face

Citizen X

He’s a former Mid Atlantic champion who’s been a very good performer since his arrival in 2006. Very intense and dynamite on the mic along with being ultra charismatic. He’s gotta decent look about him and is a good athlete. X is also a good high flyer who can pull off flashy looking manoeuvres. He’s gotta be a big part of my plans the only thing that worries me slightly is his fitness, for someone in his position on the card we can’t afford to have him blowing in the main event.

Face

Mean Jean Cattley

Jean is a former two time Mid Atlantic champion and is mister dependable, you know if you put him in your main event he’ll put on a great show. He’s also the most over man in the company. As consistent as they come. Ok charisma and mic skills and technically very good combining chain wrestling, mat wrestling and submissions makes him perfect for the top of a company like this, well I say perfect, he isn’t really much to look at but apart from being a little bland, Cattley is defiantly someone I want at the top of the card.

Heel

Archived