Putting people out of business

What are some tips for putting companies out of business. Has anyone ever been able to make WWE go under? Any tips? Thanks.

In order to put the WWE out of business in any mod that is realistic at all, you'd need to get to their level at first. Once you're there, you've got to start stealing their key workers, which is most likely going to cost you an arm and a leg because their wages will skyrocket thanks to WWE competing with you in negotiations. I'm not saying it can't be done but it's a long, long process. In my TNA diary game (which is currently on hiatus because of rl) I am now past WWE in importance and all, and I AM stealing workers from them but it'll be years ingame before they'll go under, if ever, because their warchest isn't only big but also rather full.

Also in game mechanic terms its also targeting the right workers to steal. Those guys who might have overness or a certain hook will deliver less for them but will still cost them a bundle to keep around. Within the Cornellverse Rocky Golden is an excellent example if you want TCW to fail. He is more fitting for SWF but works even better in screwing TCW imho. WWE is a hard one to kill as they should be heavily popularity based. The killing zone is low cult and below regional in general, hard to get WWE way down there.

He is more fitting for SWF but works even better in screwing TCW imho. WWE is a hard one to kill as they should be heavily popularity based. The killing zone is low cult and below regional in general, hard to get WWE way down there.

As long as Wolf and Tommy are on the roster, Rocky will be able to put on B rated matches at the very least

As long as Wolf and Tommy are on the roster, Rocky will be able to put on B rated matches at the very least

But the problem is, or rather the good news is, the game doesn't always pair Rocky Golden with them.

Watching Rocky Golden bomb in TCW is one of the most face-palming things ever.

Thanks for the help everyone...how do you steal workers though, I keep getting error messages saying more than a month is left on contract.

Uh... that's not an error message. That means they have written contract, and no one can negotiate with them until they have less than a month left on their contract.

Thanks for the help everyone...how do you steal workers though, I keep getting error messages saying more than a month is left on contract.

If a worker is on a written contract put them on your shortlist. When they have 1 month left in the contract you'll receive an e-mail telling you that the contract is about to run out and negotiations can be opened. Then you open negotiations.

You can also watch the news feeds. When someone is on the last month of a contract, the fact that their current company is negotiating with them will sometimes show up in the news feeds. The bigger the company and worker, increases the odds of this happening.

If a worker is on a written contract put them on your shortlist. When they have 1 month left in the contract you'll receive an e-mail telling you that the contract is about to run out and negotiations can be opened. Then you open negotiations.

You can also watch the news feeds. When someone is on the last month of a contract, the fact that their current company is negotiating with them will sometimes show up in the news feeds. The bigger the company and worker, increases the odds of this happening.

The thing is though, if you're not anywhere near the level of their current employer (WWE in this case) they're not gonna want to negotiate with you simply because WWE's workers will want to stay with the top promotion instead of jumping ship to a smaller one.

The thing is though, if you're not anywhere near the level of their current employer (WWE in this case) they're not gonna want to negotiate with you simply because WWE's workers will want to stay with the top promotion instead of jumping ship to a smaller one.

True, but you can get lucky. In one of my dynasty games the contract for Ernest Youngman came up for renewal with SWF. I decided to try starting negotiations figuring that SWF would be resigning him. It turned out that SWF allowed him to leave and I snapped him up. I got four good months out of him before USPW hired him and boosted his overness to the moon. I ended up not renewing his contract.

There's another reason to do it: to raise the asking price, so that SWF would have to pay them more. It's a game of chicken, but you can make the bigger promotion pay out much more than they should have for the guy.

Archived