Pure Combat: New Begining

New MMA promotion in Boston Mass seeks to create a splash in the mix martial arts world

It has been reported that CEO Ryan Parker stated today that he is opening up a new MMA promotion based in Boston Massachusetts. The new promotion, Pure Combat, will be holding shows at local colleges featuring fast paced highlight reel action. With UFC recently expanding their weight divisions to include bantam, feather, and flyweights, there has been a rising interest in smaller fighters. Not too many other promotions feature these fighters so Parker is giving these guys a chance to show what they are made of. Pure Combat will debut with 4 featherweight fights on the 3rd saturday of july. Stay tuned for more updates on this new promotion.

I plan on doing a quite fast paced dynasty here, updating frequently with results. I dont plan on writting alot of stories or fake press releases, as I like to focus more on gameplay and moving things along. Starting with Low Level Regional Pop at 33. (33.1 is mid level). Going to start with just 1 division and then expand when I get more money/can afford it. Ultimate goal is to overtake UFC in terms of USA Popularity. A few rules im following are not to sign any fighter outside of america untill I hit Low Level National as its just not realistic that someone from brazil would want to come fight in boston for a no name company. Will try like hell to avoid vacating titles or interm titles but as I have injuries set to very high, I may run into problems with that. Following UFC's rules, 3 5min rounds, title matches are 5 5min rounds, etc etc. next update comming soon anouncing first card

Pure Combat 1: The Begining

Main event: Dane Sayers 9-2 vs Chris Bennet 5-3-1

Co-Main Event: James Vick 4-0 vs Dustin Akbari 5-1

Matt Giancario 1-0 vs Casey Dyer 7-2

Jeff Lentz 9-2-1 vs Johnavan Vistante 3-1

All four winners of these fights will advance in a 16 man tournament to determine the first Pure Combat Champion

predictions? Tried to look threw all the available affordable fighters and pick guys who had interesting style and who may be future stars. If there is enough interest in this diary i would be open to taking suggestions for future matchups and possibly even signing fighters that you guys want to see if its plausible. Any comments, suggestions are also welcome. Results to be posted later today/tonight.

Pure Combat 2 Card

Aljamain Sterling 6-0 vs Cody Bollinger 12-2

Dustin Akbari 5-2 vs Justin Rice 2-0

Johnavan Vistante 4-1 vs Jeff Smith 9-1

Anthony Gutierrez 4-0 vs Tateki Matsuda 6-3

Pure Combat 2 will be held 3rd saturday of september and the winners of these fights will fight the winners of Pure Combat 1 on the next card. Aljamain Sterling is creating a buzz around the MMA world, with a perfect 6-0 record he looks very impressive and is the favorite to win the whole tournament. Also of note, Tateki Matsuda is the only Pure Combat fighter to hail from Massachusetts. Can the hometown hero pull a major upset against 4-0 Gutierrez and advance in the tournament? Dont forget to catch this card and the debut card Pure Combat 1: The beginning.

Any comments/suggestions are appreciated. I skipped august so I could build up some money. Im assuming im going to lose money on the first even and starting with only 10,000 dollars, im trying to not go bankrupt. First card results will be posted today. Predictions from you guys would be awsome :)

Pure Combat 1 Results

Chis Bennet defeats Dane Sayers by submission, arm triangle in 4:03 of round 3 (good)

James Vick defeated Dustin Akbari by Unanimous Decision (average)

Casey Dyer defeats Matt Giancario by submission, americana in 3:09 of round 2 (decent)

Johnavan Vistante defeated Jeff Lentz by Decision (good)

An exciting night of fights. Chris Bennett, James Vick, Casey Dyer, and Johnavan Vistante move on in the tournament. The standout fighter of the night is without question Chris Bennett. Lost the first round but then came back with a dominating 2nd round, and then the submission win in the 3rd round to win Submission of the night and Fight of the night. Also an historic victory as he is the winner of the 1st ever Pure Combat fight. Dont miss Pure Combat 2 coming in September.

Pretty good start. Critical success was good, commercial success was decent. Raised from 33 pop to 33.8 to boost me to mid level regional. However, thought i didnt realise you dont get any sponsership money if you dont run a show that month....... so after losing a little more than 5,000 dollars the first month, i lost another 5000 in august just to admin cost and other expenses... so im already in the red. negative 450 dollars. fml.

and im bankrupt......... sorry to anyone who actually wanted to follow this. Ill leave the diaries to the pros :) haha. I usually start with more money, tried doing a challenge game starting small but obviously failed hard. so yah, diary over, Pure Combat is once again out of business :(

and im bankrupt......... sorry to anyone who actually wanted to follow this. Ill leave the diaries to the pros :) haha. I usually start with more money, tried doing a challenge game starting small but obviously failed hard. so yah, diary over, Pure Combat is once again out of business :(

On the bright side, I think you unintentionally made the most real-to-life MMA dynasty ever. Like countless promotions in the real world, Pure Combat started simple, showed a bit of promise, and promptly fell by the wayside.

Archived