Wrestle Spirit 2 Road to Glory

I love Wrestling Spirit 2 (had it since release) but it's now taken a backseat to TEW 2010. I've seen how the Road to Glory rules have reinvigorated TEW 2010 for many people and was wondering about doing the same sort of thing for Wrestle Spirit 2. So, with apologies to Kamchaka, here is my attempt at making some rules for a Wrestling Spirit 2 RTG. I'm thinking of making a diary of it, to keep my interest in the game

Road to Glory challenge

Goal = Take a nineteen year old rookie wrestler to a major world title. (National sized company and above)

Character starting information

- Has to be nineteen years old at start of game

- No mentors!

- For the first nine months, have to work in home area or bordering area. I'm happy to consider Europe a bordering area to the UK as the UK is part of Europe :)

- Has to start with realistic potential

- Only one 'Finisher' level move allowed to begin with

- Fluent in Home area language only

- Only allowed half the full move allowance (i.e. You're allowed 25 strikes in the game, so it's 12 in RTG)

After every year, you can roll the dice and select from the mystery box, a la the TEW 2010 mystery box. I've compiled a few so far, suggestions welcome.

1 - 'Mama, I'm Going To Wrestling School!' - Learn a new 'Finisher' level move.

2 - 'Change Of Heart' - Change disposition for the biggest company you work for.

3 - 'Shooter' - Learn a new 'High' Level submission hold

4 - 'Prior Appointment' - Miss the next title match you're booked in, regardless of company

5 - 'Two Heads Are Better Than One' - Form a tag team with someone of the same disposition and overness (if you can't do this for your first contract, try the second, then the third)

6 - 'Secret Identity!' - Change your worker name for your second contract to something mysterious...(If under a written contract, then do it for that contract)

7 - 'Take This Job And Restaff It!' - Quit your third contract and find employment elsewhere. (if under a written contract, then roll again)

8 - 'Times Are Hard' - Move to the next lifestyle choice down.

9 - 'Personal Trainer' - You hire a personal trainer; put your Stamina rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

10- 'Rivals' - Request a feud with someone of the opposite disposition and similar overness (if you can't do this for your first contract, try the second, then the third)

11 - 'A Burning Ring Of Fire' - Quit your third contract and apply to ROF (if under a written contract, then roll again)

12 - 'Ring Rust' - Lose your most damaging 'High' level standing move

13 - 'Teacher and Student' - Form a tag team with the oldest person you can! (if you can't do this for your first contract, try the second, then the third). If you are one of the five oldest wrestlers(includes ties) in the promotion, form a tag team with the youngest wrestler on the roster.

14 - 'Career Suicide' - Quit your Main contract and find work elsewhere (including written/exclusive PPAs)

15 - 'Suplex Machine' - add three suplexes to your move list (must be standing position, up to 'High' level)

16 - 'The High Life' - move up a Lifestyle level

17 - 'Dr Freud' - You read the textbooks of Freud; put your Psychology rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

18 - 'Homage To The Creator' - Change your worker name on your main contract to an anagram of 'Adam Ryland' for a year.

19 - 'That's Cheating!' - Add an 'illegal' move (weapons, chokes, mist etc) to your move list (Any level, standing position)

20 - 'Is It A Bird? Is It A Plane?' - You hire a trampoline to practice some new moves on; put your Aerial rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

21 - 'Innovator' - Invent a 'Finisher' Level move (Damage no higher than 70%)

22 - 'Rainy Day' - Buy an investment if you have the money or save the next $250 you earn. This $250 must remain in your account for a year.

22 - 'Looking for Love?' - Save your money to play blackjack with the next female you encounter backstage.

23 - 'Falling Out' - break up a tag team in your main contract (if none, work through second contract, then third)

24 - 'Black Eyes' - You randomly engage in bar fights to improve your fighting technique;put your Brawling rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

25 - 'Acrobat' - add a 2nd turnbuckle/top rope move to your movelist (any level)

26 - 'Eye Of The Tiger' - Request a feud with someone of the next higher card position, if a Main Eventer then a ME of opposite disposition

27 - 'A New Challenger Approaches' - as above, but with next lowest card level/another jobber

28 - 'Mid Life Crisis' - You must spend as much money as you can on investments, starting with the most expensive and working downward

29 - 'Wrestler's Best Friend?' - You have to save for a monkey as your next investment.

30 - 'Supreme Inspiration' - Having watched SWF over the weekend, you decide to take the SWF World Champion's finisher as your own! (You can pick which finisher)

31 - 'Year Out' - Quit your main contract to work abroad for 9 months.

32 - 'Leading Man' - You take some acting lessons; put your Acting rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

33 - 'Little Help?' - Request a manager to aide you (if you can't do this for your first contract, try the second, then the third)

34 - 'Powerhouse!' - You hit the heavy weights in the gym; put your Power rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

35 – ‘Uber Finish’ - Invent a powerful 'Finisher' Level move (Damage higher than 90%)

36 – ‘Hunger’ – In an attempt to regain the hunger you had at the start of your career, drop two lifestyle levels until you win a title (If you are only on the first two levels, roll again)

37 – ‘Student Of The Game’ – You spend time studying your wrestling hero and decide to take two of his trademark moves as homage (Only one can be a Finisher Level move, hero must be same style and disposition as your player character)

38 – ‘Change Of Focus’ – You decide to change strategy; change two of your high level moves to that of a different Move Area.

39 - 'Stop Trying To Hit Me And Hit Me!' - You let people hit you to test and build your chin; put your Toughness rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

40 - 'Burning Inspiration' - Having reflected on Japanese wrestling all weekend, you decide to take the BHOTWG World Champion's finisher as your own! (You can pick which finisher)

41 –‘Not As Quick As I Use To Be’ – You lose two running attacks as wear and tear slows you down (you can pick which two)

42 - 'Answer To The Ultimate Question Of Life, The Universe And Everything' - You gain the answer to what your career needs - add either a finisher, upgrade any chosen skill to a maximum you can afford or form any alliance with any wrestler of the same disposition.

43 - 'Make Over' - You get a complete makeover; put your Looks rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

44 – ‘Brother From Another Mother’ – You decide to take the surname of the TCW World Champion in your main contract, as a way to generate some publicity for yourself.

45 – ‘Head Ache’ – You add a marinate to your move set (Piledriver, DDT, etc, High/Finisher)

46 - 'Stealing From The Indies!' - You watch some indie tapes and decide to steal the finisher of the Champion of the biggest Regional company in your Home Region (You can pick which finisher)

47 - 'Back To Basics' - You decide to go re-learn the basics; put your Basics rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

48 - '$500 Friend' - Save up $500 (if you don't have it already) and play blackjack with the next person wanting this or less than this to play (cheapest takes priority)

49 - 'KO!' - You head to a martial arts gym to practise striking; add a big striking move to your moveset (Any position, High/Finisher level)

50 - 'Public Speaker' - You read a book about public speaking: put your Microphone rating up as much as you can afford (don't forget living costs!)

Feel free to add any suggestions to the list - I've left some gaps to be filled in. I'm planning on updating this until next week then starting a diary.

Just some thoughts:

4 (Prior Appointment) should be made to be a bit more penalizing. I'd suggest that instead of your next match, it should be your next TITLE match (makes things interesting if you're the champion....).

13 (Teacher and Student) could have a provision that if you are one of the five oldest wrestlers(includes ties) in the promotion, you form a tag team with the youngest wrestler on the roster.

Could also add provisions for "Eye of the Tiger" (Request a feud with someone of the next higher card position, if a Main Eventer then a ME of opposite disposition) and "A New Challenger Approaches" (as above, but with next lowest card level/another jobber).

Also, "Mid-Life Crisis." You must spend as much money as you can on investments, starting with the most expensive and working downward. May want to force a monkey purchase before anything else can be bought if funds allow it.

Just some thoughts:

4 (Prior Appointment) should be made to be a bit more penalizing. I'd suggest that instead of your next match, it should be your next TITLE match (makes things interesting if you're the champion....).

13 (Teacher and Student) could have a provision that if you are one of the five oldest wrestlers(includes ties) in the promotion, you form a tag team with the youngest wrestler on the roster.

Could also add provisions for "Eye of the Tiger" (Request a feud with someone of the next higher card position, if a Main Eventer then a ME of opposite disposition) and "A New Challenger Approaches" (as above, but with next lowest card level/another jobber).

Also, "Mid-Life Crisis." You must spend as much money as you can on investments, starting with the most expensive and working downward. May want to force a monkey purchase before anything else can be bought if funds allow it.

Some really good ideas here...I'll update the list!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived