CornellVerse History

I'll be looking to buy this version when it is released having enjoyed TEW05 and WMMA2, and It seems a lot of the excitement centres around the changes to the default database in the fictional three years.

In preparation of TEW13 I would like to know more about the history of the CornellVerse so I understand the importance of workers/promotions etc. Is there a wikia or write up of the default database and the history throughout its versions?

Sadly there is no single write-up; however, I'll get the ball rolling by giving you a brief summary of the two game areas I actually know about, Europe and the UK.

UK:

The UK has held steady at 3 promotions since the earliest editions of the game, as far as I know.

Men Of Steel Combat have always been owned by The Highland Warrior, and have maintained at a low level until TEW2010, where they are in dire financial straits, on the point of collapse.

Ring Of Fire was founded by Geordie Jimmy Morris, but by 2007, when I started playing, they were run by British Samurai after Jimmy's disastrous attempt to make it in Japan. They've maintained at a low level on the same basic talent pool ever since.

21CW started life as a MODERN! promotion run by Tyler Baker, complete with a Strong Style Belt. However, in 2007 they got taken over by Jeff Nova, strongman extraordinaire, who totally re-shaped the promotion into a Sports Entertainment affair. They have had few major changes since the buyout, but they have been consistently on the rise, with the overness of their stars and thusly the stability of the promotion growing with every new edition.

Europe:

To start with, Europe only had one promotion, UCR, run by Louis Figo Manico. I never played it much, but it seemed to be a pretty standard thing for the only show in town - all things to all men. There was a little bit of technical wrestling, a little bit of high-flying, a few Huge Menacing Brawlers, that sort of thing. They also had a women's division.

By 2008, UCR had shut down, Louis Figo Manico had gone on hiatus, and two new promotions had opened up: EWA, the Sports Entertainment promotion, run by Byron, and UEW, the Pure Wrestling promotion, run by Ali Bloxsome. They split the old UCR talent approximately 45/45, with 10% of UCR's talent disappearing into the wilderness. EWA got the Women's Division.

In 2010, VWA opened up. They're the happy middle ground between the very SE style of EWA and the No Angles No Plotlines style of UEW. They are entirely staffed by new workers who hadn't appeared in the database before.

A lot of people have forgotten this page:

http://greydogsoftware.com/cornellverse/

Check out the 'History' section atleast, there's lots of other cool stuff there too. The storyline description of 'Jack Bruce, Man Under Pressure' is awesome :cool:

Yeah stuff like that is great. Its a shame its not updated more often. Even if it was just once a year.

I often wondered if Adam has a story in his head in advance of whether when the new game comes out simply makes decisions on where people are now.

I can't wait to see what guys like Rich Money, Marc Dubois, Angry Gilmore, Wolf Hawkins, Sammy Bach have accomplished since the last game.

Will there be a new breakout star?

I'm expecting quite a big shake up in SWF compared to the last game.

You might also want to check out http://tew.wikia.com, the TEW Wiki. In the "Promotions" section, many of the promotions have been given histories, and I have tried to do title histories that run up to at least 2009. It's a work in progress-some promotions still have to be added, and title histories will have to be updated once the records for TEW 13 come out. But otherwise, it has a lot of info on defunct promotions as well as the histories of many that are still in the game.

Thanks for the links and information guys. Have had a whirl of the TEW10 demo to get me started, coming up from TEW05 its a wonder I haven't suffered explosive decompression.

Love seeing a few WMMA guys getting a quick buck from pro wrestling after their MMA careers are over. Billy Russell was amazing! I hope he becomes a top star in FCW, seems like they need someone like him to displace Peurto Rican Power.

• 4 years later...
Well, just going around looking at dynasties is a way to learn history/characters/lore of CLverse. There is no concrete way to I guess. Something similar to this was also asked in tew2016 thread.

Archived