.png to .gif question

Sorry to bother everyone with this. I've been searching the internet for a solution and haven't come up with much. I'm fairly new to photo editing. Basically I have a lot of .png images I need to resize and convert to .gif images to fit the game. I've been doing this the hard way using GIMP and PSP 11. So my question is, does anyone know an easier way to this other than opening every image, scaling and saving as a gif? Perhaps there's a mass converter out there I don't know of? Also, does anyone know why the game uses jaggy gif's instead of png images? Thanks to all.

Guest Asaemon
I'm doing it manually with every render i make, the exception is that i use another free software (Paint.net) instead of Gimp. You'll probably get better quality of the pictures when doing it manually other than any mass converting stuff. The .gifs are smaller in size, so that probably one of the factors.

I'm doing it manually with every render i make, the exception is that i use another free software (Paint.net) instead of Gimp. You'll probably get better quality of the pictures when doing it manually other than any mass converting stuff. The .gifs are smaller in size, so that probably one of the factors.

Confirming all of my fears but thanks for the input. I'm still hoping someone else posts a miracle cure to this problem and WMMA 4 in png friendly.

Some people apparently got it done right. I seem to struggle as well using GIMP. It seems you indeed need to manually work on each render in order to make it look nice. As for support for png: I wouldn't mind waiting half a second for one to load to be honest if it means less efford in creating the renders.

Some people apparently got it done right. I seem to struggle as well using GIMP. It seems you indeed need to manually work on each render in order to make it look nice. As for support for png: I wouldn't mind waiting half a second for one to load to be honest if it means less efford in creating the renders.

I'm beginning to fear the hard way is the only way. Thanks for the reply. I agree that I wouldn't mind waiting longer for better png images to load. It would be nice to at least have the option in the future.

I don't quite remember if Paint.NET has batch processes (you would make one to resize, then save as gif) or not, but if it does, it's your best bet outside of Photoshop and Fireworks.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot tonight. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'm still open to them.

I've only made a few renders, and I just used Photoshop to convert them. However, a quick Google search turned up this list that may be useful.

Thanks mate! This is the kind of thing I was looking for. I'm not sure how it'll work out but if it does hopefully you'll be enjoying the benefits of my work soon!

Archived