RTE 5 on 168 team

Have created a 168 team league using the existing 12 conferences resulting a14 team per conference with 2 divisions per conference.

Have deleted the matches in the SchedMatch.

I read that in one of the posts sometime back....

http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/archive/index.php?t-18475.html

about having 7-14 teams per conference so this is what I am trying to do...

7 teams per division per conference...

Started the Bowlbound and got as far as to 64%.. that gave me an RTE 5...

What am I doing wrong..?

Hope to see an answer soon...

I see a lot of people get RTE 5 and ask for help on this forum...

What is there to do to sort out the problem...?

Surely it can't be the scheduling conference or the staff unless I have to add new names in the First and Last names to accomodate the size of 168 teams.

Unless I have to find some logos to complement the teams that I put in.

I see in one post somewhere I remember reading but can't locate it where someone made a zip file (could be DarkCloud or Kenwanchizote ??!! or Icy or Cooleyvol or whoever) that contained one conference having 14 teams being split into 2 divisions along with normal default teams in default conferences.

That ran ok.

But I can't remember what file zip is it and what year is the game based on?

Back to my attempt of the 168 team league, I will have to do the logos and make sure the cities are right for each team.

That RTE 5 has gotta be some section in the game that is not right and needs tweaking but what and where does need tweaking?

The mind boggles....!!!!

Hopefully managed to sort out the RTE 5 problem....

All I did was to re-edit the Cities table making sure the Bowl Bound colleges's home cities are listed in it and in right States.

Found the folders of the Helmets that contained the logos and helmets of the colleges of the NCAA DII provided on this forum by Icy or whoever, I can't remember, sorry... into the Helmets of the main Bowlbound game in the C: drive.

Tried it out and had no RTE 5 error so saved it.

Now gonna try to re-organise the Prestige, college teams colleges and logos as I came across a few colleges that are in wrong colour and some had no logo nor helmet logos.... oh well... have to make one up from scratch or find on internet.

It seems to me that the RTE 5 error is something to do with files that are not found in the game.

Lesson.... make sure the colleges in right city and right state...

make sure cities are listed...

make sure logos and helmets are seen with correct colleges..

Also make sure the names of First and Last contains more names so that is more editing to do.

Did a bit more on colours of teams so decided to give the game a little run..

Started game and loaded up good...

Sorted out emails, players, playbook stuff..etc, etc..

First week so far so good on just simmed the first week then the ranking was doing its business....

then I get a sodding RTE 5 error...

Might as well give up.... too much brain strain working out what is wrong down somewhere and what is there to figure out future RTEs...????

Gonna go back to simple days using Icy's modded stuff...

Archived