Running WEFF

I think out of all my games I've booked WEFF the most.

First order of business should be to change the fight rules. The default is 4x3 min I believe? This is ridiculous and will screw up a lot of fights. 3 minutes is just short in the game. Unless there's a huge difference in skills, you can't submit a guy (or girl in this case) in that timeframe, as the gametime goes much quicker than irl. There will only be a couple of actions most of the times, sometimes even rounds of 1/2 hits. Output: lots of upsets and split decisions and therefore less predictable fights (which means less succes managing your champions). So change it to 3x5 or 5x3 (if you want to keep 3 min). I personally picked 10x3 last time.

As for your events. I wouldn't follow a strict regiment like with booking GAMMA, meaning you don't have your monthly PPV's and in-between tv shows. You just book whenever your champion and a viable contender are ready. That's it. The rest of the card is random, but try to get 2 contenders to fight as potentially the co-main. You should be able to get around 7 events a year if you want to book realistically. If you only care about 'powergaming' and want to boost your organisation, simply have as many events as possible, ESPECIALLY at the beginning of the game, where basically ANY fight is main event calibur. Hold 4 tournaments closely after each other, which will hugely boost the popularity of the winners. Those winners, when given positive match-ups, will carry your main events for years to come, skyrocketing your popuylarity.

6 fights is sufficient (hell, 3/4 is sufficient if you host events on a weekly basis), but for realistic purposes, I'd book 12 fights each event, as most events will be bi-monthly anyway.

Thanks for the advice. I will definitely make these changes and try the game again tonight...On WMMA 2 I used to run with WEFF as well, but didn't have the discipline to use fighters correctly, leaving me with events planned where I didn't have viable match ups.

Booking correctly indeed takes time. Sometimes you just wanna see fights, but after a while the 'meaningless' fights start to bore too and you're back to booking better. But especially with WEFF, the lower-tier fights can be quite random.

Another suggestion is to scrap the HW division and focus solely on the MW's. You'll have less title fight events though. Obviously you can also spawn a LW division (up to 125 if the vanilla mod allows it), which will mean more events. Fighters can obviously switch between the weight classes.

Just don't overbook events by staging top 10 fighters in your promotion in main card fights that are not main events. IF you do lack the discipline to book properly, remember that you can turn of the 'preparation times' in WMMA3. :)

Guest joefixit

I have been running WEFF for little over a year now. I have been doing 3 matches per card, and running monthly and sometimes two shows a month.

I must admit, I am not really that into MMA, but for some reason this game rocks.

But, I also have a question.. I have been running in the negative for the entire game, drawing max a 280 crowd. Then, out of nowhere, I get a crowd of 690! What happened? What did I do? I have no idea.. the main event between champion Grace Hughes and challenger Haley Croft was rated Great, and the show had Good commercial success, but this is far from the first time I've had that.. Any ideas? I'd like to replicate it :-)

Archived