E-mail legend?

James Casey

I seem to recall reading somewhere a story about how early e-mail users world-wide all received an e-mail one day saying something like "Hi everyone, thanks for everything, I'll be watching."

There was no return address, and it even showed up in the inboxes of people who weren't online at that moment.

It seems likely to have just been an early virus or easter egg (and may have just been a wholly fictional story in a book I was reading), but I can't find a reference to it online (it's not on Snopes, for instance). Trying to Google it with such a vague memory doesn't help, either :rolleyes:

Has anyone heard this story, at all, or know where I might have encountered it? I'm just wondering if there was some truth to it.

My mother once had a list of all the internet websites printed out. All of them

She worked at a computer company that had alot to do with advancements in different stuff, and for whatever reason the company had to make print outs of all the websites that we're up at the time. It's funny to think now, given that the internet is now endless.. but at one point, there we're only a very few. A neat piece of history, and I think she still has it somewhere.

Also: This is the first time I've seen you in awhile, so Welcome back Infinity! I look forward to a potential 2013 Dynasty!

No, sadly she can't :p

Said company went out of buisness in the ninties. They were ahead of their time in attempting to make computers more accesiable to people with disabillites, noticably things like blindness. But, as it turns out, that didn't appear to have helped them financially.

As for the email thing, I'll ask if my mother heard about it. But I haven't heard anything about that in my internet travels.

My mother once had a list of all the internet websites printed out. All of them

She worked at a computer company that had alot to do with advancements in different stuff, and for whatever reason the company had to make print outs of all the websites that we're up at the time. It's funny to think now, given that the internet is now endless.. but at one point, there we're only a very few. A neat piece of history, and I think she still has it somewhere.

Also: This is the first time I've seen you in awhile, so Welcome back Infinity! I look forward to a potential 2013 Dynasty!

Bah. I remember when the only way for non-military peeps to get on the Internet was to use Compuserve or Prodigy or whatever... AOL got into the game late.

And I've been back for a while. Welcome 2013 should be fun... but we'll see how long it takes to fit the game into the budget. Car's in the shop...

• 3 weeks later...

Archived