The past was Golden...the future is black...the present is...

In 1996 the NWA was a shell of it's former self. NWA New Jersey was almost all that was left. In the world you live in the NWA is little more than dust on WWE'S road to total dominance....but in THIS world, there's still hope.

first off, forgive the crappy typing, im working with a broken hand! Secondly this NWA is the nwa new jersey in Burning Hamster's 1996 mod transformed. it is now just NWA and has a modified product.

Key: Traditional

Heavy: Mainstream, lucha

Medium: pure, modern, realism

Everything else low or below

Women have a division, with high t & a

Strong face/heel divide.

40 for dange and intesity

Initial roster in abc order...

Faces: Bobby Blaze, Dan Severn, David Sammartino, Gino Caruso, Jim Powers, Johnny Gunn(Tom Brandi),Billy "Kid Flash" Kidman, Reckless Youth

Heels: Ace Darling, Devon Storm, Glen Osbourne, Inferno Kid, Metal Manic, Rik Ratchet, Tommy Cairo

Announcers: Tony T.(me), Donnie B.

Road Agent: Dennis Coraluzzo

Ref: James Beard

NWA Phoenix Rising phase 1

Sunday, Week 3, January

Live , from the Altoona National Guard Armory

Attendance: 286

Announcers: Tony T. and Donnie B.

David Sammartino vs. U.U. Champ Tommy Cairo

David and Tommy went back and forth as Tommy used every trick in his arsenal to stop the bigger David. David for his part used a combination of power moves and mat wrestling to keep the U.S. Champ off guard. David scored the win after a huge lariat sent Tommy over the ropes and Tommy refused to re-enter the ring.

Winner by count out: David Sammartino!

Gino Caruso vs. Glen Osbourne

In a display of pure dominance, Glen destroyed Gino with a series og hard punches before ending it with a Power Bomb for the pin and the 1, 2, 3!

Winner by pinfall: Glen Osbourne!

Kid Flash vs. Ace Darling

Kid Flash used his speed to outmaneuver the slower Ace, however after a missed top rope summersault Ace was able to keep Kid grounded. Thing looked over for Kid Flash until Ace went foe a body slam that Kid slipped out of and countered with a reverse DDT. Kid then nailed a Shooting Star Press for the pinfall victory.

Winner by pinfall: Billy “Kid Flash: Kidman!

A new face in town…

After Flash and Ace left the ringside area, a skinny man in a suit walked down to the ring. He was accompanied by a huge seven foot tall giant of a man in a pair of jeans and a black shirt. The smaller man grabbed a ringside mic as the big man stood in the ring looking intimidating. The smaller man walked into the ring and began to speak…

Man: For those of you not in the know, my name is [bold]Steven Richards[/bold], but you all can call me [bold]Mr. Richards[/bold]! Now in case you are blind, behind me stands over seven foot, three hundred fifty pounds of muscle. He is the future NWA World Champion…Big Ron Studd! {Ron flexes for the crowd.} Next week, I unleash this monster on the NWA, and it will never be the same!

Metal Manic vs. Johnny Gunn

Metal and Johnny exchange blows with neither man getting a clear advantage. Manic finally takes advantage after a series of eye gouges. Manic unloads a few clubbing blows that takes Johnny down. After a quick kick to the gut, Manic went for a DDT, but Johnny reversed it into a Northern Lights Suplex for the pin.

Winner by pinfall: Johnny Gunn!

Bobby Blaze vs. Jim Powers

Blaze took the fight right to Powers and there were several near falls early on. Powers fought back, and soon it was Blaze who was almost pinned. Blaze also fought back and the crowd was rocking and reeling as these two fought tooth and nail. Blaze was finally able to put Powers away with a running power slam.

Winner by pinfall: Bobby Blaze

Dan Severn vs. Devon Storm

Dan completely dominated Devon. Storm had no idea what hit him and soon he was locked in a Beast Tamer(Standing Dragon Sleeper). Moments before Storm tapped out a huge man ran out of the crowd and attacked Severn causing the DQ. As the ref pulled the man off of Severn it was revealed to be…Ken Shamrock!

Winner by DQ: Dan Severn!

• 2 weeks later...

<p>US Championship Match</p><p>

David Sammartino vs. <strong>Tommy Cairo</strong>{c}</p><p>

<strong>Rik Ratchet </strong>vs. Bobby Blaze</p><p>

<strong>Devon Storm</strong> vs. Billy Kidman</p><p>

Ron Studd vs. Gino Caruso <strong>DRAW</strong></p><p>

<strong>Jim Powers</strong> vs. Glen Osbourne</p><p>

and</p><p>

NWA Championship Match</p><p>

Dan Severn{c} vs. <strong>Johnny Gunn</strong></p>

• 6 months later...

<p>NWA Phoenix Rising phase 2</p><p> </p><p>

US Championship Match</p><p>

David Sammartino vs. <strong>Tommy Cairo{c}</strong></p><p>

Rik Ratchet vs.<strong> Bobby Blaze</strong></p><p>

Devon Storm vs<strong>. Billy Kidman</strong></p><p>

<strong>Ron Studd</strong> vs. Gino Caruso</p><p>

<strong>Jim Power</strong>s vs. Glen Osbourne</p><p>

and</p><p>

NWA Championship Match</p><p>

<strong>Dan Severn{c}</strong> vs. Johnny Gunn</p><p> </p><p>

I think you are going to bring the NWA roaring Back!!!</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34748" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Why all the necro bumping mistaken?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I found a lot of these starts were a lot of fun. most of them were by writers who not only let the diary die, but seemed to have not gone on to anything else.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> felt they were worth anonther comment, and if the writers came back through and saw them. maybe one of 25 or so i commented might kick off a new diary.</p>

• 11 months later...
<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="34748" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Oh, well I have a new Diary in the 2013 section...WWF 96</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> good to know</p>

Archived