Walk-on invites

This would likely be beyond the scope of this release, but I would like to see walk-ons come from a pool of players to which you showed interest earlier. In fact, it would be even better if you could "invite" players to walk on. TCY got this element pretty right, in that walkons generally came from a pool of players that were very interested in your school and never got a scholarship offer from anybody. You could have an extra stage or 2 after "real" recruiting to offer walk-on invitations.

I have not researched, but I could have sworn I had a walkon with the same last name (it was unique, that is why I recall it) as somebody I recruited as a last resort type of player. I never offered, saw the same last name on my roster as a walkon, and assumed this. Could have been a co-incidence though, so getting the definitive answer from GDS would be nice.

• 4 weeks later...
Actually, some of your walk-ons will come from a pool that was very intereted in going to your school during recruiting, though the actual amount I am unclear of. I noticed a DE I was looking at during recruiting ended up walking on to my team after I passed up on him. I would like to see more involvement in walk0ons, though, like a tryout section where you can choose which ones you want and so forth.

Archived