I think there are too many transfers away from power schools, especially considering we don't have 85 scholarships to work with. It was nice to land a stud RB during my dynasty with Air Force, but after my first season with Texas, it's not so nice anymore. Example: I lost two players. A stud RB recruit that I redshirted his freshman year. That one I can understand. However, I also lost a stud OG recruit that I redshirted. This despite the fact that he was going to be one of only 3 returning guards. Now I'm stuck with 2. It's almost unheard of (I would say completely unheard of but maybe someone else has heard of it) for an offensive lineman to transfer after one redshirt season for playing time concerns when he will obviously have a great chance to start the next season. I realize this is only one season's worth of a sample size, but in looking back I think the list of players that transfer from one D-1A school to another is way too long each season. Thoughts?

[QUOTE=Huckleberry]I think there are too many transfers away from power schools, especially considering we don't have 85 scholarships to work with. It was nice to land a stud RB during my dynasty with Air Force, but after my first season with Texas, it's not so nice anymore. Example: I lost two players. A stud RB recruit that I redshirted his freshman year. That one I can understand. However, I also lost a stud OG recruit that I redshirted. This despite the fact that he was going to be one of only 3 returning guards. Now I'm stuck with 2. It's almost unheard of (I would say completely unheard of but maybe someone else has heard of it) for an offensive lineman to transfer after one redshirt season for playing time concerns when he will obviously have a great chance to start the next season. I realize this is only one season's worth of a sample size, but in looking back I think the list of players that transfer from one D-1A school to another is way too long each season. Thoughts?[/QUOTE] got ya beat! I accepted Texas's offer to be the HC and 2 OG's tranferred, including the one 5 star stud you mentioned, leaving me with two SR OG's! Yikes!

Archived