Aaron Jacobs & West Coast Wrestling [RTG]

Monday, January Week 1, 2013.

Streets of California

Walking down the street with a hotdog in one hand and a bottle of water in the other, I see a poster for Supreme Wrestling Federation's next big pay-per-view, "When Hell Freezes Over." Then a thought pops in my head... why don't I start a promotion? My grandpa left me with a thousand dollars when I graduated high school. He knew I wasn't going to college, that's why I quit the high school wrestling team my junior year, even with college scouts looking at me already. He knew that my goals were different.

I head back to my home, still living with my parents, temporarily and turn on the computer. My personal homepage on the web was designed to make sure I had all the news going on in the wrestling world. Mid Alantic Wrestling had a show last Friday, some guy, probably paid by Sam Keith to do it, put a video of the show up on the internet. The main event, CV-2 vs The Aces of Mayhem, was spectacular, by MAW standards. "PSW's Matthew Keith to challenge for title," the RSS feed on my homepage said. Matthew Keith, now there is a guy who has a bright future...

Matthew Keith vs Aaron Jacobs... just a dream... or is it. I quickly search the web for booking emails for different wrestlers. Money wasn't an option, I had a thousand dollars in my pocket and an idea in mind.

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o666/sanityisforbidden_gds/West%20Coast%20Wrestling%20-TEW2013%20-RTG/AJYear1_zpsd6902b9a.png

7 Points in Negotations, Motivating, Creativity, 4 in Leadership, 0 in Diplomacy

Everything is checked except for PST and Dirt Sheet Hidden. My RTG, My Rules. :p

West Coast Wrestling.

Owner: Aaron Jacobs

Head Booker: Aaron Jacobs

Starting Cash: $1000

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o666/sanityisforbidden_gds/ProductWCW_zpsfba31748.png

http://i1337.photobucket.com/albums/o666/sanityisforbidden_gds/West%20Coast%20Wrestling%20-TEW2013%20-RTG/WCW500_zps6ba1a1df.jpg

[OOC Notes: This is my first attempt at a RtG Diary, and my first diary that will go beyond two shows... I hope. Going to spend a little more than I normally would for faster increases, this might lead to bankruptcy.. which is where that beyond two shows statement comes in.]

Roster will be next.

<p>Main Event:</p><p>

Cameron Vessey - 25 Years Old - 5 Years Pro. </p><p>

Popularity: E+ accross the USA, E- across Japan, F accross Canada</p><p>

My thoughts: In Mid Alantic Wrestling, Cameron Vessey is one of their go to guys, no reason that should change here. Vessey will be playing a face, under the gimmick of a Blue Collar worker, which is purely to make him more relatable. He has great Rumble skills and above average Technical skills. Should be able to find a good opponent for him.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

"Deadly" Dean Waldorf - 27 Years Old - 7 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity - E accross USA, F across Canada</p><p>

My Thoughts: Skill wise, Dean looks to be a great match for Vessey as he has average brawling and technical skills. Going to push Dean as a Heel in a biker gimmick. Should be able to come across as someone you don't want to mess with.</p><p> </p><p>

"Marvelous" Marv Statler - 27 years Old - 7 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: E accross USA, F accross Canada</p><p>

My thoughts: Skill wise, he's nearly identical to Dean. Pushing Marv as a Face may lead to an interesting program between the two, especially with him in a Biker gimmick as well.</p><p> </p><p>

Matthew Keith - 23 Years Old - 4 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: E accross US, F across Canada and Japan</p><p>

My Thoughts: Easily the best signing I made, it's only a matter of time SWF, TCW, hell anybody else, comes calling for him. I need to use him while I can. Strong rumble and technician, with probably one of the best Performance skills on the roster. Keith should have no problem being pushed as an Arrogant Heel.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Upper Midcard:</p><p> </p><p>

"The Teen Dream" Brendan Idol -32 Years Old - 14 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: E- In the US, F in Canada</p><p>

My Thoughts: An extremely gifted High Flyer who hasn't been picked up by one of the top promotions yet. With average mic skills, I might be able to pull some promo's out of this guy yet. In the meantime let's stick "The Teen Dream" in a Fun Babyface roll and see how he goes over with the fans.</p><p> </p><p>

Casey Valentine - 24 Years Old - 5 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: E- in US, F in Canada</p><p>

My Thoughts: Fun fact. Cameron Vessey told me he wanted his partner in crime on the roster as well. As I wasn't going to let a potential breakout star get away, Casey Valentine was signed to a contract. Strong brawler, above average technician, strong in front of the camera and on a mic. Maybe he's not a waste of money. However, Casey will be heel running with a Cocky Youth gimmick. You know... just for the hell of it, Casey is getting creative freedom as far as his gimmick goes.</p><p> </p><p>

KC Glenn - 21 Years Old - 2 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: None found</p><p>

My Thoughts: This guy... he's new to the wrestling world seeing that he's barely out of his "sophmore" year. However, he shows strong skills in his In Ring Performance, and Entertainment skills. Potential breakout star in KC Glenn. His voice however, yeah... I was going to book him in a mute person gimmick... but that wouldn't go over well. I know! Surfer Dude Babyface! Eat your hearts out over tanned Cali girls!</p><p> </p><p>

Vincente Romero - 37 Years Old - 19 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: E- in Mexico</p><p>

My Thoughts: I was a huge fan of Del Muerto. Gave Vincente a call, he was slightly confused why someone from the US would call him. I told him he had one last chance in this business and I was it. Oddly enough, he believed me. Now, he's the Bitter Veteran, thats his gimmick guys, wrestler of the roster being pushed as a Heel.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Midcard:</p><p>

Aaron Jacobs - 18 Years Old - Rookie Year.</p><p>

My Thoughts: Yep that's me. Aaron Jacobs, from my parkour background (which came from fooling around with friends after school), my high flying skills are better than average. Hopefully my high school drama class will pay-off and give me some nice entertainment skills so I don't bomb infront of the fans. That's the last thing the "Show Stopper" needs. With this face... no way I can be a heel. Babyface all the way.</p><p> </p><p>

Bradley Blaze - 19 Years Old - 1 Year Pro</p><p>

Popularity: None Really</p><p>

My thoughts: Possibly a career jobber. We'll see. Cowboy Bradley Blaze will work as a face.</p><p> </p><p>

Mimic - 25 Years Pro - 7 years Old</p><p>

Popularity: E- in Canada</p><p>

My thoughts: I wanted Dagger. Grunge Rocker Heel.</p><p> </p><p>

"The Amazing" Jacob Jett - 26 Years Old - 8 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: D- In Canada</p><p>

My thoughts: Jacob Jett has an ego the size of Canada. At least that's what I want the fans to think. Really, he's a worker you want ten more of. Has the potential to be one of the best. This "Big League Star" gimmick I have in mind should work out well for this guy as I push him as a heel.</p><p> </p><p>

Referee: Coach Norman - 30 Years Old - 12 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: E in Canada. </p><p>

My thoughts: He works for less than $300 a show. Yes please.</p><p> </p><p>

Road Agent: "Big Dunc" Duncan Kendall - 52 Years Old - 34 Years Pro</p><p>

Popularity: E+ in USA, F in Canada</p><p>

My thoughts: Should be a great guy to learn from. He wanted to run the company, I nearly shut the door on his face... even though we were on the phone. Might put him in the ring once or twice as an Authority type figure... maybe just a staff member who cleans puddles. </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

[OOC: I'll edit pictures in when Photobucket decides to work.]</p>

<p>Monday, January Week 2, 2013</p><p> </p><p> After hiring my initial roster, the contracts they asked for were a little extreme, so I signed a few sponsorships. The big sponsors were too skeptical, but Dawn's Dog Treats, Jim's Electric Fences, and Spud's Shovels were more than happy to sponsor me. Not the biggest, but Dawn, Jim and Spud all believed the stuff I was promising. That's a start. </p><p> </p><p> Decided to set a few goals for me to abide by. If I can't accomplish these, then we are in trouble.</p><p> </p><p> Must be ranked 40 or higher on PWI's Top Promotions by July 2014.</p><p> Must have $10,000 in bank by July 2014. If we can't do that, we are probably in debt.</p><p> Will not hire anybody known to have problems with the law. Would be bad publicity for a promotion that just started. December 2014 this goal will be re-evaluated.</p><p> Cannot hire anybody classed as a Psychopath. Bad for Business. December 2014, i'll re-evaluate this as well.</p><p> Can only have one active wrestler on the roster older than 45 at any given time. January 2014, this goal will be re-evaluated.</p><p> </p><p> WCW Center Stage 1 will be on Friday Week 3, every month unless otherwise advertised.</p><p> </p><p> My phone rings, Matthew Keith is on the other line.</p><p> </p><p> "Hi Matt, what's up?"</p><p> </p><p> "When's the first show kid?" </p><p> </p><p> "Just sent out the poster, it's a week from Friday, you good with that?"</p><p> </p><p> "Yeah man, I'll see you there. Later."</p><p> </p><p> "Later"</p><p> </p><p> Wonderful, Matthew Keith calling up to check on me, now off to pick up the United States and Rising Star championship belts from the guy Big Dunc told me about.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><div style="text-align:center;"><p>WCW Center Stage 1</p><p> Jacob Jett vs Aaron Jacobs</p><p> The Big League star looks to start 2013 off with a bang.</p><p> </p><p> Mimic v KC Glenn</p><p> Can KC Glenn overcome the Grunge Rocker out of Canada? Also, will he win over the hearts of the California Girls?</p><p> </p><p> Brendan Idol v Matthew Keith</p><p> Matthew Keith looks to make quick work of the fan favorite.</p><p> </p><p> Bradley Blaze v Dean Waldorf</p><p> Upset or Domination?</p><p> </p><p> Casey Valentine vs Marv Statler</p><p> Valentine looks to get off on the right foot as he gets in the hunt for the WCW United States Championship.</p><p> </p><p> Cameron Vessey vs Vincente Romero</p><p> Vessey looks to make a statement versus the the former mexican star.</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p></div></blockquote>

<p>Best of luck in the world of RTG!</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Jacob Jett </strong>vs Aaron Jacobs <em>Aaron is a nobody.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Mimic v <strong>KC Glenn</strong> <em>Until he leaves you for Japan, this guy could be your rock.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Brendan Idol v <strong>Matthew Keith</strong> <em>It is clear that you like him.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Bradley Blaze v <strong>Dean Waldorf</strong> <em>Really I am just picking the favorites here.</em></p><p> </p><p>

Casey Valentine vs <strong>Marv Statler</strong> <em>You mentioned ECW...don't you mean WCW?</em></p><p>

</p><p><strong>

Cameron Vessey</strong> vs Vincente Romero</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="MaxxHexx" data-cite="MaxxHexx" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> <em>You mentioned ECW...don't you mean WCW?</em></div></blockquote> Yes, yes I did.

<p><strong>Jacob Jett </strong>vs Aaron Jacobs - Jett to win, surely? </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Mimic</strong> v KC Glenn - Glenn is great, Mimic is more likely to be with you in six months time.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Brendan Idol</strong> v Matthew Keith - See above for reasoning.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bradley Blaze</strong> v Dean Waldorf - Blaze is possibly the best person on your roster, taking into account skills, personality, and chances of retaining him. </p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Casey Valentine</strong> vs Marv Statler</p><p>

<strong>Cameron Vessey</strong> vs Vincente Romero - CV2 look on a different level to most guys here.</p>

<p>WCW Center Stage 1</p><p> Live from Simmons Center</p><p> Friday, Week 3, January 2013</p><p> Attendance 18</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre Show Segment 1</span><p> <strong>Jacob Jett hypes match against Aaron Jacobs</strong></p><p> <em>Jett came to the ring and ripped into Aaron Jacobs calling him a nobody who watched too much wrestling on tv and think's he can play with the Big League Star, Jacob Jett.</em> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: F+ </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Pre Show Segment 2</span><p> <strong>Aaron Jacobs vs Jacob Jett</strong></p><p> In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existant crowd heat, Aaron Jacobs defeated Jacob Jett by disqualification when he didn't stop attacking after a five count.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: E+ </p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 1</span><p> <strong>Mimic vs KC Glenn</strong></p><p> In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, KC Glenn defeated mimic in 15:26 by pinfall with the Tune Up The Sunshine Band.</p></div></blockquote><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating D</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 2</span><p> <strong>Dean Waldorf vs Bradley Blaze</strong></p><p> In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Dean Waldorf defeated Bradley Blaze in 14:54 with a Waldorf Salad Toss.</p></div></blockquote><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: D-</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 3</span><p> <strong>Matthew Keith taunts Brendan Idol before match.</strong></p><p> Keith's music starts and appears on the stage. With a microphone in hand Keith claims no one has a chance to beat a man with the pedigree that Keith has. Matt tells Brendan he is nothing more than a stepping stone for on the way to the WCW United States Championship.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: C-</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 4</span><p> <strong>Cameron Vessey vs Vincente Romero</strong></p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Cameron Vessey defeated Vincente Romero in 15:10 by pinfall with a Vessey Driver.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: D-</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 5</span><p> <strong>Brendan Idol vs Matthew Keith</strong></p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in ring action, Matthew Keith defeated Brendan Idol in 14:47 by submission with a Proton Lock.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: D+</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 6:</span><p> <strong>Casey Valentine vs Marv Statler</strong></p><p> In a bout that had a good crowd and some decent in-ring action, Casey Valentine defeated Marv Statler in 29:32 by pinfall with a handful of tights.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: D</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Segment 7: </span><p> <strong>United States Championship Tournament Hype</strong></p><p> A video playing hypes the United States Championship tournament next month, the video features Cameron Vessey and Matthew Keith.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><div style="text-align:right;"><p>Rating: E+</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><div style="text-align:center;"><p><strong>Show Rating: D</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> [OOC: Post Show thoughts coming up next, and I promise I will get some pictures up for the next show, going to get a shortcut list made for easy work. I haven't quite decided how I am going to do my match write ups, this is a learning process. End of month stats will be with Post Show thoughts. I did this show before the patch so the sponsorship is going to be a little bit extreme this month. Any questions about booking decisions will be answered in my post show thoughts. Thanks for reading.]</p>

<p>Friday, Week 3, January, 2013 Post Show</p><p> </p><p> Sitting in my small office after the show I had some time to think to myself.</p><p> </p><p> Well, WCW Center Stage 1 is in the books, and man am I sore. After the show I gave a small speech before letting the guys head home. Matthew Keith was awesome and really enjoyed the freedom I gave him while he hyped his match against Brendan Idol. I told the rest of the locker room that he was a good example of how to go out and say what you want while keeping the fans watching. Casey Valentine and Marv Statler went out and put on a match for nearly thirty minutes, they were both complimented on a good performance. </p><p> </p><p> Giving Casey Valentine complete freedom over his gimmick may not have been the smartest decision. As far as I can tell that he didn't go over well with the fans. His in-ring performance however impressed me so hopefully we can work around that. Everyone else's gimmicks seemed to go over okay, Jacob Jett's Big League Star gimmick and Vincente Romero's Bitter Veteran were really believeable. But man! Did my drama classes payed off the fans were eating out of my hands.</p><p> </p><p> Their is a knock on the door and Jacob Jett walks in.</p><p> </p><p> Me: Hey man, great match tonight.</p><p> </p><p> Jacob Jett: Yeah we gelled well, but what's with the last minute change to the match? I thought I was going over.</p><p> </p><p> Me: Dude... you bombed that opening segment. The fan's weren't digging you at all, they weren't believing the hype.</p><p> </p><p> Jacob Jett: And having me lose to you made them believe me?</p><p> </p><p> Me: No, but not letting up after you had me in the corner was tremendous. The fans really started to wake up and get behind me, which in turn got them hating you. Trust me, it'll pay off.</p><p> </p><p> Jacob Jett: It better.</p><p> </p><p> Jacob turned around and walked out as I went back to nursing the wounds after getting a mudhole stomped in me.</p><p> </p><p> Monday, Week 1, Febuary, 2013 </p><p> </p><p> An early morning gym session really hit the spot. As I got home, I went straight to the computer to check my email. KC Glenn and Matthew Keith both sent emails saying that they have been offered touring deals with BHOTWG and PGHW.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35130" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Email from Glenn: <p> I can't pass up on the offer, AJ, but I should still be able to work the next couple of shows.</p><p> </p><p> Email from Keith:</p><p> I'll let you know what happens man, but this could be a chance of a lifetime. Don't send out the posters for Center Stage 2 yet. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I guess that's what I get for going after some bigger stars. </p><p> </p><p> End of month finance: $4,437 (3,447 Profit)</p>

Archived