Editing High Schools

What do I need to do to edit the high schools. Do you have to use Microsoft Access, and what if you dont have access, can they not be edited? Also if you edit the competition quality of the schools, does that change the number of recruits that that school is likely to produce.

When I clicked on the file it didnt show Access as being able to be used. I went to all programs and opened Access and then opened the file. That worked for me. If you have Access this is how you have to do it, otherwise I dont know.

[QUOTE=AZJAZ]When I clicked on the file it didnt show Access as being able to be used. I went to all programs and opened Access and then opened the file. That worked for me. If you have Access this is how you have to do it, otherwise I dont know.[/QUOTE] Change the .DAT file to .MDB then edit away. Change it back to .DAT when you are done. That other way looks like it is working but it is not. You are missing some of the data that way.

[QUOTE=Roger Kaputnik]Change the .DAT file to .MDB then edit away. Change it back to .DAT when you are done. That other way looks like it is working but it is not. You are missing some of the data that way.[/QUOTE] Probably a stupid question but how do you change the extension of the file? From a .DAT to a .MDB

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=mh2365]Probably a stupid question but how do you change the extension of the file? From a .DAT to a .MDB[/QUOTE] If you cant see the extension, you can try this: - Open "My Computer" - Double Click the C: drive - At the top, go to "Tools\Folder Options" - Click the "View" tab - Scroll down just a little and look to see if you have a checkmark in "Hide extensions for known file types". If checked, uncheck it. - now, go to that file (using explorer or My computer), right click on it, and rename the .DAT part to .MDB That is one way to try in Win XP

Archived