Haranobu Kobayashi: To be the Best

*Please note that this story has been translated from its native Japanese. Therefore, expect it to read much more American English than Japanese.*

I am Haranobu Kobayashi. I will someday be at the top of Japan. The fans of Japan will speak the names Kitozan, Kudo, Kikkawa, Kitoaji... Kobayashi. Having just graduated from a lesser Dojo in Tokyo, I needed to get into the ring, however the only promotion that was willing to take a chance on me was Ryu Kajahara's WEXXV.

WEXXV is Garbage Wrestling at its finest. Hardcore, Daredevil, and Cult fans delight at the bloody brawls made famous by Ryu Kajahara. My friends and family warned me against WEXXV as it has shortened and ended the careers of many of my contemporaries, but I know I will shine in this environment and it will only be for a short time before someone else comes calling.

What you need to know about the roster of WEXXV is that they are a group of Japanese men who have done nothing else in wrestling, except for the Blood Brothers Champions, Mamoru Nagahama and Matsudaira Morioka, who spent PGHW and GCG. Some would say Washi Heat and Toyokuni Hardcore have made some waves as well, but nothing spectacular.

There are three titles in WEXXV,

(Main Event) Warrior's Heart: Hiroshi Morisue

(Midcard) King of the Death Matches: Tatsukichi Shichirobei

(Tag Team) Blood Brothers: Mamoru Nagahama and Matsudaira Morioka

Kajahara-san has kept a loose collection of storylines to push WEXXV from one event to the next. Most of 2012 revolved around The New Dawn (Munemitsu Senmatsu, Mamoru Nagahama, and Matsudaira Morioka) against the American group The Society of Bastards led by Brains McGhee (Gareth Wayne, Doug Peak, Henry Lee, Dallas McWade, and Bull Wrecker). The Society of Bastards helped Hiroshi Morisue win the Warrior's Heart Title away from Senmatsu in an Ultimate Deathmatch.

Now Hiroshi Morisue sees two main challengers, Munemitsu Senmatsu and Gareth Wayne.

The Blood Brothers division is very competitive, with Naga-Mori defending against the American Psychos (Doug Peak and Henry Lee), The Berzerkers (Tatsukichi Shichirobei and Toyokuni Hardcore), and The Forlorn Hope (Zeshin Makioka and Koichi Kajiwara).

Tatsukichi Shichirobei has been the King of the Death Matches since October and has one defense at this point. The top contenders in that division are Washi Heat, Battle Sakata, and Koichi Kajiwara.

Ryu Kajahara has set up two events a month, A Warrior Fights! and Battle Arena. Hopefully this schedule will allow me to show off what I can do as quickly as possible.

Lineup for WEXXV A Warrior Fights! (All matches Hardcore unless noted)

Taheiji Konoe vs. Washi Heat

Battle Sakata vs. Bull Wrecker

Matsudaira Morioka vs. Gareth Wayne vs. Toyokuni Hardcore

The American Psychos (Henry Lee and Doug Peak) vs. The Forlorn Hope (Zeshin Makioka and Koichi Kajiwara)

First Blood: Dallas McWade vs. Munemitsu Senmatsu

Wait... no match for me? I guess I have to wait until the end of the month...

Monday, Week 2, January 2013.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights!

Tohoku, Japan

Attendance: 1,516

Washi Heat opens the year with a strong victory over Konoe (D). Ryu Kajahara comes out to the ring to proclaim that there will be more blood, guts, and gore this year than any other (B-). Battle Sakata follows with a victory against Bull Wrecker in a bit of a let down (E+).

Things pick up again with Gareth Wayne's hard fought victory over Toyokuni Hardcore and Matsudaira Morioka (D). The American Psychos continue the S.O.B.s winning ways as they run through the Forlorn Hope (D-).

Ryu Kajahara comes out and announces that Munemitsu Senmatsu is next in line for a shot at the Warrior's Heart title if he can defeat Dallas McWade tonight in a First Blood match (C+). The main event was an overbooked battle that finally saw Munemitsu Senmatsu bust Dallas open with a chain for the victory (D).

Overall: D

After the show, Ryu Kajahara gathered us all around to give his post-show speech. He complimented Washi Heat, Gareth Wayne, and Munemitsu Senmatsu for a good performance. Ryu also has a post show ritual, where he gives the card for the next event in a press conference.

WEXXV Battle Arena (All matches are hardcore unless noted)

Street Fight: Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Washi Heat

Dallas McWade vs. Toyokuni Hardcore

WEXXV Blood Brother's Title – Chained Fist Fight: Naga-Mori © vs. The Chaos Demons

Koichi Kajiwara vs. Little Dragon

Hiroshi Morisue vs. Tetsuji Nishimoto

King of the Death Matches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Doug Peak

Washi Heat shall be my first victim, oh yes, he will pay.

Street Fight: Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Washi Heat

Dallas McWade vs. Toyokuni Hardcore

WEXXV Blood Brother's Title – Chained Fist Fight: Naga-Mori © vs. The Chaos Demons

Koichi Kajiwara vs. Little Dragon

Hiroshi Morisue vs. Tetsuji Nishimoto

King of the Death Matches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Doug Peak

Monday, Week 4, January 2013.

WEXXV Battle Arena

Kanto, Japan

Attendance: 1000

Ryu Kajahara starts the show welcoming Tokyo to the bloodbath that is WEXXV (B). Washi Heat outsmarted me on this day and picked up the victory in a good debut match for me (D-). The next match ended with Dallas McWade over powering Toyokuni Hardcore in a decent match (D).

The next match was a great introduction to the Chained Fist match as Naga-Mori was able to eek out a victory over the returning Chaos Demons (D+). The following match brought the crowd back down as Koichi Kajiwara mowed through Little Dragon (E-). Hiroshi Morisue rolls over Tetsuji Nishimoto in the next match (E+).

Ryu Kajahara comes to the ring to introduce the competitors for the main event; Tatsukichi Shichirobei and Doug Peak stare each other down in preparation for their King of the Death Matches title bout (C-). Shichirobei pulled out a great victory over Doug Peak in a back and forth war that ended with Doug Peak taking a mean charging boot into a barbed wire board (D).

Ryu doled out the post show speech complimenting the members of Naga-Mori, while encouraging Koichi Kajiwara to do better next time.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights! (All matches hardcore unless otherwise noted)

Little Dragon and Tetsuji Nishimoto vs. The Apocalypse Riders

Doug Peak vs. Weird Waldo Odlaw

Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Toyokuni Hardcore

Nobuhito Ogiwara vs. Taheiji Konoe

Gareth Wayne vs. Mamoru Nagahama

Warrior's Heart Title (Barbed Wire USA): Hiroshi Morisue © vs. Munemitsu Senmatsu

Ryu realized that the amount of violence he demands would be a sure way to burn the roster out extremely quickly. As such, he decided to hire a bunch of new guys to make sure everyone would have a break once in awhile.

You saw some of those new guys, the returning Chaos Demons, and a couple of young lions in Little Dragon and Tetsuji Nishimoto.

Tonight we will see the Apocalypse Riders make their WEXXV debut, Nobuhito Ogiwara make his triumphant return, and a psycho Canadian by the name of Weird Waldo Odlaw.

Monday, Week 2, February 2013.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights!

Hokkaido, Japan

Attendance: 802

The Apocalypse Riders dominate the Junior Dragons in a quick and not so good match (E-). Doug Peak takes his turn dominating the debuting Weird Waldo Odlaw (E). Toyokuni Hardcore is then able to pick up the win over me, but not without a great battle beforehand (D).

Nobuhito Ogiwara makes his WEXXV return with an easy victory over Taheiji Konoe (D). Gareth Wayne continues his winning ways during a good match over Mamoru Nagahama (D).

Ryu Kajahara introduces our main event combatants Challenger Munemitsu Senmatsu and Warrior's Heart Champion Hiroshi Morisue as the ropes are wrapped in barbed wire (C+). Both men get torn and bloodied in this battle, but the champion Hiroshi Morisue picks up the victory in the end (D).

Overall: D+

Doug Peak, Hiroshi Morisue, and Munemitsu Senmatsu are complimented on their performance by Ryu after the show.

WEXXV Battle Arena (All matches hardcore unless otherwise noted)

Chaos Demons vs. The Forlorn Hope

Chained Fist: Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Matsudaira Morioka

Mamoru Nagahama vs. Taheiji Konoe

The American Psychos vs. The Junior Dragons

Barbed Wire USA: Battle Sakata vs. Bull Wrecker

King of the Deathmatches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Washi Heat

Monday, Week 4, February 2013.

WEXXV Battle Arena

Kinki, Japan

Attendance: 840

The Chaos Demons open the show with a strong victory over the Forlorn Hope team of Zeshin Makioka and Koichi Kajiwara (D-). I brought a good fight, but lost the chained fist match to Matsudaira Morioka (D-).

Taheiji Konoe tried his best, but came up on the short end of the stick against the other half of the Blood Brothers champions, Mamoru Nagahama (D). Henry Lee comes out on the microphone speaking in broken Japanese proclaiming the soon to be dominance of the Society of Bastards (D+). The American Psychos easily beat the Junior Dragons, but it is a terrible match (E).

Bull Wrecker was off his game, but probably wouldn't have been able to best Battle Sakata, even if he was on his game, as he was left with a lot of battle wounds thanks to the barbed wire (D-). Ryu Kajahara comes out and talks to the crowd while the main event is set up. He announces that some wrestlers from elsewhere in Japan will be debuting in WEXXV over the next several events (C+).

The main event saw Tatsukichi Shichirobei pick up the win over Washi Heat in a deathmatch, but Washi didn't seem to happy to be placed in the match and didn't bring the kind of fight we would expect (D-).

After the show, Ryu complimented Mamoru and Taheiji for match of the night and told Washi Heat that he could do better.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights (All matches Hardcore unless otherwise noted)

Regular Match: Tetsuji Nishimoto vs. Washi Heat

Weird Waldo Odlaw vs. Zeshin Makioka

Dallas McWade vs. Haranobu Kobayashi

The Chaos Demons vs. The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov)

Warrior's Heart Title - Deathmatch: Hiroshi Morisue © vs. Battle Sakata

Barbed Wire Cage: Hell Monkey vs. Munemitsu Senmatsu

Regular Match: Tetsuji Nishimoto vs. Washi Heat

Weird Waldo Odlaw vs. Zeshin Makioka

Dallas McWade vs. Haranobu Kobayashi

The Chaos Demons vs. The Red Devils (Viktor Beskov and Yuri Iliakov)

Warrior's Heart Title - Deathmatch: Hiroshi Morisue © vs. Battle Sakata

Barbed Wire Cage: Hell Monkey vs. Munemitsu Senmatsu

Monday, Week 2, March 2013.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights!

Chubu, Japan

Attendance: 731

Ryu Kajahara opens the show announcing the arrival of Hell Monkey in tonight's main event against Munemitsy Senmatsu (B). Washi Heat gets a dominating victory over Tetsuji Nishimoto, but doesn't look very good in his victory (E). Zeshin Makioka picks up a win in a pretty bad match, but not as bad as the previous match, against Weird Waldo Odlaw (E+).

Things pick up as Dallas McWade beats me in a very good match in comparison to the show so far (D+). The Chaos Demons get an impressive, but not so entertaining, win over the debuting Red Devils (E+).

The double main event starts with Hiroshi Morisue defending his Warrior's Heart title in a strong deathmatch versus his friend and tag team partner, Battle Sakata (D+). The second main event begins with the Barbed Wire Cage being set up. Hell Monkey and Munemitsu Senmatsu have a battle, busting both men open, that ends with both men escaping at the same time, but Senmatsu being awarded the victory by Ryu Kajahara (C-).

Overall: C-

Hell Monkey, Munemitsu Senmatsu, and Dallas McWade are all complimented on their performance tonight.

WEXXV Battle Arena

King of the Deathmatches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Bull Wrecker vs. Nobuhito Ogiwara vs. Koichi Kajiwara

The American Psychos vs. Hardcore and Konoe

Gareth Wayne vs. Little Dragon

Blood Brothers Titles (Regular Match): Naga-Mori © vs. the Apocalypse Riders

Battle Sakata vs. Stuart Ferdinand

Warrior's Heart Title (Light Tube Deathmatch): Hiroshi Morisue © vs. Nathan Coleman

King of the Deathmatches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Bull Wrecker vs. Nobuhito Ogiwara vs. Koichi Kajiwara

The American Psychos vs. Hardcore and Konoe

Gareth Wayne vs. Little Dragon

Blood Brothers Titles (Regular Match): Naga-Mori © vs. the Apocalypse Riders

Battle Sakata vs. Stuart Ferdinand

Warrior's Heart Title (Light Tube Deathmatch): Hiroshi Morisue © vs. Nathan Coleman

Ryu is bringing in a stacked card for this event. He's left me off again, but I guess that means I'll be on next time.

Monday, Week 4, March 2013.

WEXXV Battle Arena

Kanto, Japan

Attendance: 778

The show begins with Tatsukichi Shichirobei pulling off an extremely hard fought victory over Bull Wrecker, Ogiwara, and Kajiwara in an elimination Deathmatch (D). The American Psychos follow with an easy win over the slapped together team of Toyokuni Hardcore and Taheiji Konoe (D-). Gareth Wayne pulverizes Little Dragon in a fast, horrible match, as the two don't click at all (E-).

Naga-Mori pick up the win over the Apocalypse Riders in a normal wrestling match, not very beloved by the crowd (D). Ryu Kajahara comes to the ring to welcome Stuart Ferdinand and Nathan Coleman to WEXXV as part of a trade with GCG (C+). The crowd was with Stuart Ferdinand's victory over Battle Sakata, but the match itself was awful (E+).

The light tubes for the main event are strung all around the ring as both Hiroshi Morisue and Nathan Coleman make their way down the aisle. The match itself is a high impact affair featuring plenty of action, including Hiroshi Morisue taking a sick bump from the top rope to the floor through a bundle of light tubes. That wasn't enough to cement a win for Nathan Coleman, but the interference of Stuart Ferdinand was enough to give WEXXV a NEW Warrior's Heart Champion (D+).

Nathan Coleman and Tatsukichi Shichirobei are complimented on their performances tonight, while Hiroshi Morisue is pointed out as a good example of what a Warrior should be.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights! (All matches Hardcore unless otherwise noted)

Chained Fist Match: The Apocalypse Riders vs. The Chaos Demons

Bull Wrecker vs. Taheiji Konoe

Street Fight: Brothers in Vengeance (Hiroshi Morisue and Battle Sakata) vs. Nathan Coleman and Stuart Ferdinand

Henry Lee vs. Viktor Beskov

King of the Deathmatches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Nobuhito Ogiwara

First Blood: Gareth Wayne vs. Hell Monkey

Ryu brought in the latest issue of Nippon Wrestling Illustrated, which had an article on the growth of WEXXV from a small promotion to a Regional sized promotion. He congratulated all of us for our hard work. That was nice of him.

Monday, Week 2, April 2013.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights!

Tohoku, Japan

We start the event with a Chained Fist match seeing the Chaos Demons defeat the Apocalypse Riders (D). Taheiji Konoe follows up with a victory of Bull Wrecker in a decent match (D-).

In a grudge match from the last event the Brothers in Vengeance battle and defeat Coleman and Ferdinand when Hiroshi Morisue pins Ferdinand (D). Ryu Kajahara comes to the ring and proclaims that he is in negotiations with a new competitor (B-). Henry Lee stinks up the joint with his win over Viktor Beskov (E+).

The two warriors go back and forth for several minutes until Nobuhit Ogiwara finally runs out of gas and Shichirobei is able to take the win (D). The mood is lifted in the main event as Hell Monkey and Gareth Wayne have a great brawl cultivating in a victory for Gareth Wayne (D+).

Hell Monkey and Gareth Wayne get compliments on their work, while Henry Lee is encouraged.

WEXXV Battle Arena (All matches Hardcore unless otherwise noted)

Toyokuni Hardcore vs. Viktor Beskov

Chained Fist Match: Prometheus vs. Tetsuji Nishimoto

Regular Match: Stuart Ferdinand vs. Washi Heat

Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Weird Waldo Odlaw

Little Dragon vs. To Be Announced

Dallas McWade vs. Yuri Illianov

Blood Brothers Titles: (Regular Match) The Forlorn Hope © vs. Naga-Mori

Deathmatch: Doug Peak vs. Munemitsu Senmatsu

Toyokuni Hardcore vs. Viktor Beskov

Chained Fist Match: Prometheus vs. Tetsuji Nishimoto

Regular Match: Stuart Ferdinand vs. Washi Heat

Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Weird Waldo Odlaw

Little Dragon vs. To Be Announced

Dallas McWade vs. Yuri Illianov

Blood Brothers Titles: (Regular Match) The Forlorn Hope © vs. Naga-Mori

Deathmatch: Doug Peak vs. Munemitsu Senmatsu

• 3 weeks later...

(Sorry about the absence. Been working on the 2005 mod instead of playing.)

Earlier this month, Henry Bennett stormed out on GCG after a big fight with Haruki Kudo. Their loss is the gain of WEXXV, as Ryu Kajahara brought the veteran in. He will be facing Little Dragon tonight.

Monday, Week 4, April 2013.

WEXXV Battle Arena

Kanto, Japan

Attendance: 843

Toyokuni Hardcore had a solid fight with Viktor Beskov to start the night, Hardcore won it (D-). The crowd was awed as the 7'1” menacing Prometheus made his way to the ring (C-). Prometheus defeated Tetsuji Nishimoto with one God Chop in the following Chained Fist match (F).

Stuart Ferdinand is actually in a decent match as he finishes his loan period with a loss to Washi Heat (D-). I pick up my first win as I beat Weird Waldo Odlaw; the match wasn't great, but I'll take it. (E). Henry Bennett makes his debut running over Little Dragon (E+). The next match is worse than anyone would have figured as Dallas McWade defeats Yuri Ilianov (E+).

Ryu Kajahara comes to the ring and interviews Naga-Mori. Long story short, Naga-Mori claim that they do not thrive in the ultra-violent environment and will only defend the Blood Brothers Titles in regular matches (D+). The Forlorn Hope put up a good fight, but are not able to out wrestle Naga-Mori, who retain their titles for a fifth time (D). The main event sees Munemitsu Senmatsu come out ahead in a deathmatch against Doug Peak. Dallas McWade interfered on Doug's behalf, but it was not helpful in the end (D).

Munemitsu Senmatsu and Naga-Mori received compliments from Ryu for their work tonight. Ryu was sure to tell everyone to step their games up, as we've been putting on the worst shows in Japan, despite our growth.

Toyokuni Hardcore picked up a broken toe in his match with Viktor Beskov. He'll work through it, but will probably be okay before his next match.

Street Fight: The Junior Dragons vs. The Punishers (Haranobu Kobayashi and Prometheus)

Street Fight: Koichi Kajiwara vs. Taheiji Konoe

Nobuhito Ogiwara vs. Weird Waldo Odlaw

Chained Fist Match: The American Psychos vs. The Red Devils

Warrior's Heart Title: Nathan Coleman © vs. Dallas McWade

Electric Barbed Wire Cage: Hell Monkey vs. Munemitsu Senmatsu

Sadaharu Jimbo announced his retirement and passing of PGHW to his nephew, Seiji Jimbo. How PGHW will fare remains to be seen, but maybe I can get a job there.

Monday, Week 2, May 2013.

WEXXV A Warrior Fights!

Tohoku, Japan

The giant Prometheus makes his way to the ring, flanked by me, now leaving the Tohoku crowd in awe ©. Prometheus and I quickly punish the Junior Dragons, with me picking up the pin after Prometheus destroys them (F+). Koichi Kajiwara picks up the win over Taheiji Konoe in a decent affair (D-).

Ryu Kajahara hypes up not only the Warrior's Heart Title match with the new champion defending, but also the Electric Barbed Wire Cage rematch between Hell Monkey and Munemitsu Senmatsu (B-). Nobuhito Ogiwara runs through Weird Waldo Odlaw in a poor match (E-). The American Psychos follow up with a win over the Red Devils in a slightly better match (E+).

Nathan Coleman makes his first defense of the Warrior's Heart title in a good match against Dallas McWade (D+). We finish the night with a great match between Hell Monkey and Munemitsu Senmatsu. Monkey was able to shock Senmatsu with the cage and hit the Tumbling Monkey for the win (C-).

Overall: C-

The post-show speech was given to two men, Hell Monkey and Munemitsu Senmatsu. They were complimented on a good performance.

WEXXV Battle Arena (All matches Hardcore unless otherwise noted)

Beetle Kimura vs. Weird Waldo Odlaw

Toyokuni Hardcore vs. Zeshin Makioka

Battle Sakata vs. Washi Heat

Blood Brother's Title: Naga-Mori © vs. American Psychos vs. Apocalypse Riders vs. Chaos Demons

King of the Deathmatches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Bull Wrecker vs. Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Henry Bennett

Warrior's Heart Title: (10,000 Thumb Tacks) Nathan Coleman © vs. Gareth Wayne

Barbed Wire USA: Hell Monkey vs. Hiroshi Morisue

Beetle Kimura vs. Weird Waldo Odlaw

Toyokuni Hardcore vs. Zeshin Makioka

Battle Sakata vs. Washi Heat

Blood Brother's Title: Naga-Mori © vs. American Psychos vs. Apocalypse Riders vs. Chaos Demons

King of the Deathmatches Title: Tatsukichi Shichirobei © vs. Bull Wrecker vs. Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Henry Bennett

Warrior's Heart Title: (10,000 Thumb Tacks) Nathan Coleman © vs. Gareth Wayne

Barbed Wire USA: Hell Monkey vs. Hiroshi Morisue

Monday, Week 4, May 2013.

WEXXV Battle Arena

Kanto, Japan

Attendance: 1200

This event begins with a pre-show with the debuting Beetle Kimura defeating Weird Waldo Odlaw (E-). We follow with a pretty good match seeing Toyokuni Hardcore defeating Zeshin Makioka (D-).

Battle Sakata opens the main card with a victory over the whiner Washi Heat (D). The Blood Brothers Titles finally change hands as the Chaos Demons find their way to victory over the top teams in WEXXV (D). Tatsukichi Shichirobei bowled through all of his opponents, me included, to retain his King of the Deathmatches Title (D).

Gareth Wayne gives Coleman a taste of his own rotten medicine in this match as the American Psychos make their presence known and drive Coleman through all 10,000 thumbtacks, giving Wayne the victory, and the title (D+).

While the ropes are wrapped in barbed wire, Hiroshi Morisue comes to the ring and vows to fight his way to Gareth Wayne and get the Warrior's Heart title back. His path was diverted, however, by Hell Monkey, who caught Morisue in a hangman position between the top and middle ropes. This lead to a Tumbling Monkey and a win (C-).

As the barbed wire was being removed, Ryu Kajahara made his way out to congratulate Gareth Wayne on his title win tonight. Wayne comes to the ring and says it's only the beginning and plenty of blood will be spilled (B-).

Overall Rating: C-

Hell Monkey and Hiroshi Morisue were complimented on their performance tonight, while Tatsukichi Shichirobei was pointed out to the rest of the locker room as a good example to follow.

Haranobu Kobayashi vs. Washi Heat

Little Dragon vs. Prometheus

The Apocalypse Riders vs. The Forlorn Hope

American Psychos vs. The Pack (Munemitsu Senmatsu and Taheiji Konoe)

Hell Monkey vs. Hiroshi Morisue vs. Nathan Coleman

Archived