Are you man enough to take the Uncanny Challenge?

Here are the guidelines

-The objective of this challenge: Play as SWF, and hire Jeff Amazon. Give him the Amazonian gimmick, and get him to 90+ overness in every region of the US through any booking means necessary

-You have no gameplay restrictions, meaning you can check off Owner goals and repetitive booking, hire jobbers from Japan at national by checking off worker area restrictions and such, but you CANNOT EDIT DATA BEFORE OR DURING THE GAME. This means that you can't change SWF into a Condors-like Mainstream/Comedy only product designed to force a perf means less environment without hypothetical penalty(meaning you have to do it in the product screen in your office), nor can you set Amazon's potential to excellent, or anything else like that.

-Amazon does not have to be the user character, although you may prefer doing that and turning it into a storyline if you do a diary.

-You can give Amazon a manager and a bodyguard. Its prolly encouraged to get him over, if either even help.

-You don't have to diary it up, but you should at least provide some notes on your progress and overness gains, preferably in this thread.

-OPTIONAL: Mould Amazon into a decent worker, at least local hand level, meaning 61+ psychology and decent top row stats

-OPTIONAL: Make Amazon 90+ over in North America, not just US

-OPTIONAL: Get Amazon into an A* rated segment

Why do this challenge?

-To find out more about the game's booking mechanics, and see if Adam Ryland has put any safeguards into this game for preventing a worker without discernible talent, charisma, star quality or menace from getting hugely over.

-Who here can really believe that the "zero to hero" story, cliched as it may be, is not a good tale?

-Jeff Amazon may be the last of a dying breed, the Cornellverse gag character. Quite a few people have mourned the death of such legendary gimmicks as Fortius Minimus and Minion, so we must make a statement that gag characters are one of the things that make the Cornellverse such an awesome mod. No, Jeff Amazon, Alan Parent and The Scotsman aren't even close to people you'd rationally hire, but they play an important role in the Cornellverse that should be properly acknowledged and appreciated.

I may attempt a go at this later, but I'm not sure I could do this like, say Condors would. If anything else comes up from sharp-eyed users about other things that should be added, I'll put it here. Otherwise.....GOOD LUCK AND GOOD GAMING!

TBH I hadn't heard of Jeff Amazon prior to this entry, but...

"The Uncanny" Jeff Amazon is a dire British brawler who has been stinking up the independent scene with his own personal brand of suckiness since his debut in 2003. Thankfully for the rest of the world, Jeff had his passport revoked in 2008 after being caught trying to smuggle wild stoats into Belgium (which is of course the stoat trafficking capital of Europe), and so at least his awfulness is now limited to the UK.

For some reason Jeff wrestles in a bright pink outfit, although nobody is quite sure what that has to do with the Amazon.

Dude, it is ON! Sounds like something I'd be up to...

Plenty of that calibre in Europe. Try Anders Thunder as the new Hulkamania or Warrior. :D

Bra idé, broder! :D

(Thank you Google Translate!)

But I think the goal here is to take a crappy wrestler, saddle him down with a crappy, really gimmicky gimmick, and see if he can get really over in the C-Verse's number one promotion.

Initial signings (aside from the ridiculously talented :rolleyes: Mr. Amazon) - Ash Campbell, Casey Valentine, Rudy Velasquez, Matthew Keith

Booked up to When Hell Freezes Over and I've got Amazon in a stable with Eric Eisen (new North American champion) and Squeeky McClean. Quite predictably, they're known as The Supremacists. Amazon's also playing a supporting role in a Lobby-Squeeky feud. Even with all that, I think I'm going to be lucky if Amazon's overness reaches 1 in all regions of the U.S. by the end of January...

Archived