General Mod Questions

Some general questions I'd love to get an answer to before I start modding... 1. Is there a minimum/maximum/recommended number of conferences? 2. Is there a minimum/maximum/recommended number of total teams? 3. What are the possible conference alignments? Can you do leagues of fewer than 8 teams, or greater than 12? What about multiple divisions for league sizes other than 12 (like the 13-team MAC, or the 10-team SWAC)? 4. Will the "rivalry" setting ensure that certain teams play each other every year (such as Purdue-Indiana in the Big Ten)? 5. Is expansion/contraction/realignment possible within an existing savegame? 6. How long can the FName and LName lists be? 7. What is the range of prestige settings for individual schools? Is it 20-99 like it was in TDCB? 8. How are independents managed? Are they handled separately or do you have to make a pseudo-conference out of them? If the latter, is there some way to control who plays who? 9. What playoff systems are possible? 8 teams, 16 teams, 24 teams etc? 10. What customization of bowls is possible? What is the max/min number of bowl games? Can you control tie-ins? Do all games have to have two tie-ins or can you have "At Large" bowls? Do you have to use the BCS format, or can the top four games be determined the old-fashioned way? Thanks in advance for any responses. I realize that some of this may be self-evident in the DAT files, but I've not explored them yet and I'd rather not reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. -- Gary

[QUOTE=Cooleyvol]Most, if not all, of these questions have already been asked/answered. Try a search.[/QUOTE] First, I *did* try a search, a rather thorough one on the entire BBCF forum group if I may say so, and did not find the answers I am looking for. Second, there are only 61 threads total on the mods forum, and the oldest one is five weeks ago. So it's not like any mods question has been so thoroughly explored that you can just say "RTFM" to it. Third, my search turned up plenty of other threads in which other people asked similar questions and didn't get answers either. Fourth, this is the BBCF Mods forum and all my questions were about BBCF mods. What purpose does this forum serve, if not to answer questions of this sort? I realize people don't want to rehash things, so if any of this has been thoroughly addressed, a link would be most appreciated. Thank you.

[QUOTE=GaryStephen]10. What customization of bowls is possible? What is the max/min number of bowl games? Can you control tie-ins? Do all games have to have two tie-ins or can you have "At Large" bowls? Do you have to use the BCS format, or can the top four games be determined the old-fashioned way?[/QUOTE] Answer from Scott Vibert on [URL=http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8821]another thread[/URL]: [i](in the Conference table of the pstat.dat file) The autobid column of the conference table means that conference gets an autobid to the Playoffs (if using the playoff option). In the Bowl Games table (note be careful radical changes may cause the game to crash): ID, Name - Self Explanatory City - code maps to the psetup.dat file's cities table ID. Week - week the game will be played. Conf1/Conf2 - Conference with the bowl bid 0-means at large. ConfRank - Selection order for the conference (leave 0 for at large bid) Team1/Team2 - If there is a preferred team for that bowl (like the Hawaii Bowl and Hawaii or the Gator Bowl and Notre Dame) if the team with this ID is available the bowl will take them. GDCS - ranking order of the GDCS bowls. Playoff Site - Checked this bowl will be used in the first round of the playoffs. Payout - Payout for that bowl Capacity/Stadium - Self Explanatory.[/i]

Archived