Substitutions

Why is my #2 QB getting reps in the game? I dont have him as the starter anywhere on the depth chart. There are a handful of others getting reps as well at unusual positions like C, when they arent the starters. Is this a bug or something I am doing wrong?

I really would like to see some work done on the substitution pattern as well. Situation #1 -- I have an obvious #1 QB that I want to play all I can but if the game is under control I want to get my young #2 guy some work. How do I go about this without having to play out all the games and handle the substitutions myself? There should be a way to handle this with a gameplan. Unless I am misunderstating the way the subs are handled now. If I set my QB play to 75% then 1/4 plays my #2 QB will play. He could come it on 4th and 8 with 2 minutes to go with my team down 6. This should never happen. However, If I set my QB play to 100 then my #1 guy plays all the time even in a 50-0 blowout. Situation #2 -- I want my starters to play every play that they can without getting two tired to be ready for the 4th quarter. My big OG should be in the game in a critical situation anytime he is able. However, I want to have him rested for the 4th quarter so I set the gameplan to 60% for his position. But I don't want to the AI to sub my #2 guy in on 4th and goal from the 1 with 6 seconds to go when we need a TD to win. A couple Ideas on how to handle this would be this.. 1) Have a sub starters sitiation in the gameplan. This would allow starters to play until game in under control then you could get some work for the backups without endangering the win. Maybe a couple different possible settings: Up by __ with __:__ remaining (ex. Up by 18 with 10:00 remaining) Up by __ anytime (ex. Up by 30 anytime) 2) Have a subout if endurance falls below certain number unless a certain situation exist. This would allow for 100 setting for starters but sub when they get tired. For example, Sub if endurance below __ (Ex. Sub if endurance below 75) Sub if endurance below __ in 4th quarter if game is within __ (Ex. Sub if endurance below 50 in 4th quarter if game is within 7)

Tom, 1. On the QB thing, no I checked the depth charts over and over especially after the guy came in and he is the #2 everywhere. 2. The #2 C got injured while he was in so the #3 was inserted. I am also having the same problem with one of my tackles. The #3 is getting way too many snaps and he is listed as the backup to both tackles. He costed me twice with holding penalties :) I love this game but things like this are getting frustrating, and I looked to see if there was somewhere where people were getting subbed out after getting tired like in EA's NCAA game and I didnt find anything.

I have 2 blue-rated (8 of 10) halfbacks. They are set for about 50% substitution. When I play out my game, I had first had CPU sub on. Every play I called for the HB (about 6 in a row) was to the 2nd-string. So then I turned off CPU sub, and again called runs for the HB. Again, it was the 2nd-string. Finally I had to remove him from the lineup entirely before it actually gave the ball to my 1st-string. Is this some anomaly? The chances of the 2nd-string (at 50%) getting 11 runs in a row is pretty steep. (If I calculate correctly, it's 0.49%!!) Is this a bug, or is there some other trick. It seems with CPU sub on, it would more or less alternate. But to have CPU sub off and it STILL picks the 2nd-string seems wrong to me... ? :confused:

Hi. Thanks for the quick answer. Reading the forums while watching the bowls? :) My starter had not yet played in the game. This was on my first 2 possessions of the game. I do not see an issue when I sim the entire week. They have their carries fairly evenly distributed (the better of the 2 gets slightly more carries).

I leave all my starters at 100%. Im to afraid the computer will substitute them at the wrong time so........... I guess its the lesser of two evils because I know my guys get tired and than are more susceptible to injuries but im not sure what else to do. I dont wanna see the 4th down play at the end of the game being run with backups because the percentages said it was their turn.

[QUOTE=flanman]Hey Mizzo Just set your QB to 100%. He stays in the whole game unless he gets hurt (or you throw his arm out) My guy played every down of the season[/QUOTE] When I hit suggest Arlie, it goes from 100 to 60 - which shouldn't happen for QBs. I like the rest of my players getting rested though, just not my QB unless I manually remove him. There is a work around for now and so far it doesn't look like the AI teams do this with their QBs. Like flanman said, put your QB to 100 and make sure he's first on the depth chart as the QB and short yardage QB.

Archived