Substituation

I posted this as a reply to someone over on the main forum but thought I would add it here just to make sure Arlie and gang took a look at this suggestion. Situation #1 -- I have an obvious #1 QB that I want to play all I can but if the game is under control I want to get my young #2 guy some work. How do I go about this without having to play out all the games and handle the substitutions myself? There should be a way to handle this with a gameplan. Unless I am misunderstating the way the subs are handled now. If I set my QB play to 75% then 1/4 plays my #2 QB will play. He could come it on 4th and 8 with 2 minutes to go with my team down 6. This should never happen. However, If I set my QB play to 100 then my #1 guy plays all the time even in a 50-0 blowout. Situation #2 -- I want my starters to play every play that they can without getting two tired to be ready for the 4th quarter. My big OG should be in the game in a critical situation anytime he is able. However, I want to have him rested for the 4th quarter so I set the gameplan to 60% for his position. But I don't want to the AI to sub my #2 guy in on 4th and goal from the 1 with 6 seconds to go when we need a TD to win. [B]A couple Ideas on how to handle this would be this.. 1) Have a sub starters sitiation in the gameplan. This would allow starters to play until game in under control then you could get some work for the backups without endangering the win. Maybe a couple different possible settings: Up by __ with __:__ remaining (ex. Up by 18 with 10:00 remaining) Up by __ anytime (ex. Up by 30 anytime) 2) Have a subout if endurance falls below certain number unless a certain situation exist. This would allow for 100 setting for starters but sub when they get tired. For example, Sub if endurance below __ (Ex. Sub if endurance below 75) Sub if endurance below __ in 4th quarter if game is within __ (Ex. Sub if endurance below 50 in 4th quarter if game is within 7)[/B]

Archived