1991: Rising Storms

• Replies 676
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK so here's the update:

I've built this out of Hive's 94 mod and have done a lot of tweaking and creating new workers to fill in the gaps. I've corrected all title histories back to 91 and am doing something a little different with the WCW/NWA titles. (This is right when they split) I've created NWA title histories for the NWA United States title and television title. I don't know if anyone else cared, but it bothers me to see Roddy Piper as a former WCW US champion in 91 when he wasn't.

So here's what I need still:

1) Someone with some knowledge of Mexico to help me sort out rosters. I've used some lucha databases to get them close I think, but I'd like someone to take a look at it.

2) A few players to test for me. I need sim testing and people who will actually play a little bit to give feedback.

3) Database comber. I would like it if someone could go through the database as a follow up to see if there are any workers I missed that need to be set to active from retired or deceased.

I would love to partake in the beta this is one of my fav era of wrestling.....I look forward to playing this...do you have a pic pack available or are you going to make one after you finish the actual modding. I can help[ out with 2 and 3 but ill be no help on 1 sadly my knowledge of mexico is very limited.

Captivating title you got there. With a name like that, what can go wrong?

This should be very interesting.

Haha. I've told you I'm not very creative. :)

But, I felt like that really captured the idea that things are in motion in 1991 that totally change the wrestling world. In real life the wrestling world began to fall apart here and didn't bounce back until 96.

I would love to partake in the beta this is one of my fav era of wrestling.....I look forward to playing this...do you have a pic pack available or are you going to make one after you finish the actual modding. I can help[ out with 2 and 3 but ill be no help on 1 sadly my knowledge of mexico is very limited.

I could also help out with 2 and 3 again Mexico not my strong point

Thanks guys. Have either of you beta tested a mod before for TEW?

As for the pic pack, yes I will have one. It is, again, a build off the one already assembled for Hive. I did more obviously to get era specific and for workers who weren't in the Hive database originally. The pictures are already done.

Thanks guys. Have either of you beta tested a mod before for TEW?

As for the pic pack, yes I will have one. It is, again, a build off the one already assembled for Hive. I did more obviously to get era specific and for workers who weren't in the Hive database originally. The pictures are already done.

ive done internal beta on all the draft databases ive done....but never someone elses work

Haha. I've told you I'm not very creative. :)

But, I felt like that really captured the idea that things are in motion in 1991 that totally change the wrestling world. In real life the wrestling world began to fall apart here and didn't bounce back until 96.

Ah, you thought I was being sarcastic. But I wasn't. I like the title. It's overly dramatic... just like my own titles. :D

Some small notes:

Stretching the timeline every now and then. Some workers who debut within a month of the game I went ahead and put with their new company. Kevin Nash at this point was between Steel and Oz, so I left him as Oz and kept Al Green with the company as Blade, set to expire in 1 month. That lets the user decide if he wants to keep that team together or kill the team and go with Oz, or kill the team and do something else with Nash.

There are small examples of that elsewhere in the game.

Some small notes:

Stretching the timeline every now and then. Some workers who debut within a month of the game I went ahead and put with their new company. Kevin Nash at this point was between Steel and Oz, so I left him as Oz and kept Al Green with the company as Blade, set to expire in 1 month. That lets the user decide if he wants to keep that team together or kill the team and go with Oz, or kill the team and do something else with Nash.

There are small examples of that elsewhere in the game.

Well it's not really as if his Oz gimmick was heaps better...

OK Before I release the Beta, want some feedback on the NWA.

The NWA and WCW are split at this point. I'm making the break a little early for the mod's sake to preserve the NWA title.

So, what to do with it?

The NWA currently starts with only one member: Pacific Northwest. Though I am about to add New Japan as they joined for a short period to get control of the NWA title.

SMW doesn't open until later this year and wouldn't join the NWA for a little while later.

Any thoughts? Should I open SMW early and put them in the NWA with control of the NWA title? Put the NWA title in New Japan? Put it in Portland? Set it as a title for ECW (eastern hasn't opened yet)

ID say New Japan would be the best option imo as thhe next NWAQ Champion after they stripped Flair of the belt Tatsumi Fujinami would be the next champion wining the belt in MArch so id say NJPW would be the best bet.........ID say TWA to keep it in the states but I dont believe they were ever part of the NWA so that would be silly giving them the belt but again thats just imo

The NWA currently starts with only one member: Pacific Northwest. Though I am about to add New Japan as they joined for a short period to get control of the NWA title.

Pacific Northwest were only members for a couple of months more into 1991, were they not?

Maybe the best solution is simply to have the belt as an un-owned retired belt the user can purchase and use ingame? It seems that no matter who you choose to carry the belt, it would be weird and out of place. It's really, really a shame that alliances cannot own belts...

Archived