WWE: The Season Of Change

[FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][color=red]Disclaimer: This is a fictional history based on the game Total Extreme Warfare 2005 and should not be miscontrued as actual wrestling news, information, rumors, or results. Any images, logos, banners, avatars used in this forum are copyrighted by the organization they belong to.[/color][/B][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B][color=black][SIZE=4]WWE: The Season Of Change[/SIZE][/color][/B][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS][B]Backstory[/B][/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS]Moral had hit a new low for the most prestigious wrestling fed of all-time. Morale in the lockerroom had hit a new ten year lowpoint, with Eddie Guerrero's passing, the new drug testing and Johnny Ace's management style was making everyone working for the company feel more like it was more obligation than a dream come true. Some of the companies top veterans like Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker had become increasing upset with the direction of the company, the atmosphere and the training younger guys were receiving. Chris Jericho had left the company to furthur his music career. Rumors continued to circulate that Jericho was entertaining the notion of joining TNA sometime in 2006. Then Christian decided the day before Taboo Tuesday that he was leaving the company. He fulfilled his obligations by appearing at the PPV, then left the company and joined TNA a couple weeks later. And as if all this wasn't enough, Eddie Guerrero tragically passed away on November 13, 2005, at the age of 38 as a result of reported heart failure. The company was on a rollercoaster ride that was heading towards nowhere. By the middle of December 2005, TNA had recognized WWE's sudden vulnerability and decided to declare war on Vince McMahon. TNA asked Spike TV management to move Impact! to Mondays and Xplosion to Fridays and make both two hours long and run them at the 8PM time slot. McMahon was furious when he found out the news. He was upset because he knew that TNA had the better product. WWE's booking style and writing teams just wasn't cutting it anymore. A change was needed..... [/FONT] [FONT=Trebuchet MS] [b][i]December 29th, 2005 - WWE Headquarters[/i][/b] [i][Vince McMahon sits at his desk staring off into space, when suddenly there is a knock at his door].[/i] [b][color=blue]Vince:[/color][/b] Come in. [b][color=blue]Secretary:[/color][/b] Sir, we've just received a fax from the network and it's the ratings from Armageddon and last week's shows. Would you like to see them? [b][color=blue]Vince:[/color][/b] Yeah, hand them here. [i][McMahon's expression changes and the secretary senses that he isn't happy.][/i] [b][color=blue]Vince:[/color][/b] Pam, get the Board of Directors together and the writing teams from both shows. I want to have a meeting this afternoon to discuss the future of the company. [i][The secretary leaves the office and Vince leans back in his chair mumbling to himself][/i] [i][b]A few hours pass.....[/b][/i] [i][The Board of Directors and the Raw & Smackdown writing teams are sitting around the conference room table when Vince enters and is seated at the head of the table.][/i] [b][color=blue]Vince: [/color][/b] I've called you all together because we have a major problem that we must find a solution to right away. I received our ratings this morning from the networks and I have to say that I am not at all happy. Velocity and Heat have been in the toilet for some time now, more so since we went to the internet broadcasting. I can learn to live with low ratings for the "B" shows but I still think we have room for improvement. My major concern lies with our flagship programs, RAW and Smackdown. Viewers just are not tuning in to watch like they were a few months ago. Whether it be the storylines, the characters, the talent or [B]TNA KICKING OUR ASSES[/B], we have got to make a change. [b][color=blue]Stephanie: [/color][/b] What kind of change are you thinking? [b][color=blue]Vince: [/color][/b] Well that question brings me to my big announcement. I've decided to hire a new head booker. [b][i][Everyone in the room moans][/i][/b] His name is Justin Shipman. He has been working for an independent promotion in the Midwest by the name of PWA. He is going to have complete control. If he wants to scrap the whole writing team or agents, it's his choice because I've given him creative control and I think he knows what he is doing. He has some of the best insight into the independent talent that is out there and is ripe for the picking.....that's all and thanks you for your time. [b][color=blue]Vince: [/color][/b] Oh, one other thing. I think Mr. Shipman wants to meet with the entire writing team and agents before Monday's show. [b][i][More moans as everyone senses that meeting going bad][/i][/b][/FONT]

Archived