(CoTT): The Promise of War

"I don't know what to tell you," said the blonde Adonis of a man, opening his arms in loss of an explanation. "Steve and I don't talk a lot of business, I think he's just as in the dark as everyone else you know?" "Yeah but Lex, he's Sting. Is there no plans for him to be used with Terry?" responded the single most powerful man in all of professional wrestling while he finished tying his bow-tie, having to duck just so to see in the small bathroom mirror. "I mean I'll ask but I don't really know what to tell you," said Lex Luger, "I mean I can't imagine it will be that big of a deal, you know, right off the bat. They'll probably give him jobbers for a few weeks then put him in a program." Vince gave a huff and pulled his suit taut. "Just ask around why don't you, find out what you can. If he starts running his ****ing mouth about me on TBS I'll sue his ass so fast he won't be able to shit. You're going over that Reno Riggins tonight, tomorrow we'll get you to cut a promo on Tatanka and maybe take a run-in when you face Bigelow. I gotta get Pat to find Lou Albano, he's an hour late and we're on in fifteen minutes."

"Hulk Hogan doesn't matter." said The Hitman as he adjusted his knee pads, addressing the conversation at hand with some of the boys in the locker room. "Screw whatever happens on Saturday Night, okay? We got four straight days of tapings, worry about your gimmicks and not about Hulk freaking Hogan." he finished; the contempt in his tone with more than evident, and the conversation died down quickly. "Does that mean we can't worry about our matches too?" said his younger brother, Owen, in a retarded voice that immediately garnered snickers and laughs; even Bret cracked a grin, finishing adjusting his gear and heading to the chalkboard. Tonight's cartoon? Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair fighting with canes with the title 'StarrCade 1950'.

-----

Meanwhile, in Atlanta, Georgia

"Hurry hurry!" quipped the young, ambitious Eric Bischoff, calling across the street to his approaching friends, "You don't wanna miss the 'action'! It's Raw baby! Hahaha." Page gave his friend - and boss - a firm handshake and slap on the back, then left his wife Kimberly to speak to Loree Bischoff while being led inside to be introduced to the man, the person that was supposed to change things in World Championship Wrestling forever. "Hulkster, this is Page Falkenburg, he's one of the boys. Page, meet Terry Bollea." Hulk Hogan brought himself up from the rather comfortable recliner he had taken to have his beer to shake hands, "How's it going, brother?" "Ah not too bad, thought I'd come watch the real 'action' with you big shots, ha." Looking over his shoulder, Eric was heading out back with a spatula, assumedly to flip the promised burgers. "Now you got that Diamond gimmick, right?" asked Hogan. "Yeah, I mean, just something I've been trying out in the past, you know." responded Page, shifting a little; he couldn't really tell if he was being scrutinized or not. "Hey dude, if that's what works with the marks, run with it brother." said Hogan as he returned to his seat. Loree and Kimberly had come in and, after introducing his wife to the Hulkster, accepted a beer from Bischoff. "Ooh, here we go, here's the 'action'!" mocked Eric as WWF Monday Night Raw went on-air.

Archived