MACW 1983: WarGames

ESPN is a fledgling network and I'm sure they need all the programming they can get. They can only show so many checkers matches or bull riding. Would be interesting seeing NWA and WWF going head to head on the same network to see who gets the better ratings (and time slots).

looks like you cut a ton of the midlevel Memphis guys. Too bad you couldn't have a secondary brand to give those guys some work on the side. Most have the skills to do well, but sure that's not rewarded in the game due to lower popularity (since they mostly stayed in the smaller territories and did not wrestle on the bigger stages). I always found it fun to take a couple of those guys and try to build them up (much harder challenge than using the already established stars). I still marvel at your roster and the fact that nearly any match could be billed a main event anywhere in the world.

ESPN would not allow me have a better deal. As in they got all the revenue for the show and I got shafted. Just signed with USA network so will see how that deal goes. It's a better deal than what ESPN offered me.

I just didn't have room for them I had 67 active wrestlers on the roster. So I had to make cuts plus I do believe nearly all of them had jobs elsewhere so I didn't put them on the unemployment line. Except for the Iron Sheik who was driving me crazy. Most the guys are main eventing else where. Hell I am the reason Memphis is doing so good. I have the Rock "n" Roll Express and The Fabulous Ones on my roster. So they have became the hottest wrestlers in Memphis. I am some what playing by the old territorial rules and somewhat not.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
then its working out for everyone if you're helping the territories get over some of thier talent by appearing on your shows. Sort of what TNA did (or tried to do) when they started up and brought in some talent from different Indy promotions around the country. WHen the wrestler appears back home, fans will want to come out and see the guy that was just on National TV

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg

SUNDAY WEEK 3 AUGUST 1983

Bob Caudle: Welcome to NWA Main Event. We have a great show tonight fans.

Gordon Solie: Tonight Harley Race will face his fellow Heenan Family member Nick Bockwinkel. A huge eight man tag match Ric Flair. Dusty Rhodes, Hulk Hogan, and Roddy Piper going against The Funks, Greg Valentine, and Jake "The Snake" Roberts. Should be a great night of action.

Bob Caudle: I can't wait to see Bockwinkel versus Race. That match alone is worth the price of admission.

Junkyard Dog & Butch Reed vs The Russians

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Junkyard Dog and Butch Reed defeated The Russians in 19:27 when Butch Reed defeated Nikolai Volkoff by pinfall with a Gorilla Press Slam. Rating 78

Bob Caudle: The Midnight Express has hit the ring. They are taking chairs and beating down Junkyard Dog and Butch Reed.

Gordon Solie: Jim Cornette is jumping up and down and screaming instructions to the Midnight Express. I can't believe this the Midnight Express are just being brutal this is just a cowardly attack by cowards.

Rating 54

Tommy Rich, Kevin Von Erich, & Kerry Von Erich vs The Andersons & Tully Blanchard w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Tommy Rich and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated Tully Blanchard and Minnesota Wrecking Crew in 19:55 when Kevin Von Erich defeated Tully Blanchard by pinfall with a Diving Crossbody. Rating 85

Curt Henning vs Bobby Fulton

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig defeated Bobby Fulton in 11:40 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Rating 58

Bobby Heenan: This man just showed you why every promotion in the world wants him. Because simply he is the closest thing to being perfect as perfect can get.

Curt Henning: I am the greatest athlete. The greatest wrestler this sport has ever seen. I am the future World Champion, I am learning from the greatest world champions to ever grace this sport. When my day comes and it will come all you fans will call me the greatest of all time. Rating 58

Barry Windham vs Barry Darsow

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Barry Windham defeated Barry Darsow in 12:09 by pinfall with a Superplex. Rating 60

Randy Savage: The Macho Man Oh Yeah!!! I am here in the NWA to dominate this sport like no one has ever done. Mike Rotundo your going to lose tonight to Macho Man Randy Savage OH Yeah!!! Rating 44

Randy Savage vs Mike Rotundo

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Randy Savage defeated Mike Rotundo in 11:47 by submission. Rating 70

Nick Bockwinkel: Many of you humanoids have clamored for it. Begged to see a match between the True Kings of Wrestling. The two most decorated wrestlers to ever come in this sport. So tonight I and Harley Race shall do battle. Harley Race I am going to do best to beat you and take your belt but, I am no fool your not taking me lightly and neither shall I take you lightly tonight. Rating 81

NWA UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

Mark Youngblood & Brett Sawyer vs The Midnight Express© w/ Jim Cornette

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Midnight Express defeated Brett Sawyer and Mark Youngblood in 12:08 when Bobby Eaton defeated Mark Youngblood by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. The Midnight Express make defence number 9 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 73

The Road Warriors vs Rick Gibson & Tom Pritchard

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Road Warriors defeated Rick Gibson and Tom Prichard in 12:19 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Rick Gibson by pinfall with a Top Rope Powerslam. Rating 79

Dusty Rhodes: I walked down the street people ask me. I go out to the local bar and people ask me. I go to the gas station and people ask me. I go to the grocery store and people ask me. Do you know what they are asking the American Dream?brief pause Can you end that tyrant's reign as World Champion American Dream.? They are begging me in the streets to whip your tail from one end of this great nation of ours to the other Harley Race. Come Clash of Champions I am going to become a three time World Heavyweight Champion. Rating 100

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Steamboat & Youngblood defeated The Hart Foundation in 18:01 when Ricky Steamboat defeated Bret Hart by pinfall after Jay Youngblood took Jimmy Hart's megaphone and bashed Bret Hart in the side of the head with it. Ricky Steamboat didn't see Jay do it as he was recovering from a low blow. Rating 78

Bob Caudle: I can't believe Jay you stoop to the level of Jimmy Hart and the Hart Foundation to get the win?

Ricky Steamboat: What is he taking about Jay?

Jay Youngblood: He is talking about us finally turning the tables on bunch of no good cheaters in this sport. I am tired of teams like The Hart Foundation, The Andersons, The Funks, The Russians, The Midnight Express, Fabulous Freebirds, and The Road Warriors always to cheating us to get the victory. I can't stand it anymore Rick.

Ricky Steamboat: We our just as good as all them teams you just mentioned. We don't need to lower our selves to their dirty tricks and tactics.

Jay Younblood: No I am tired of losing. I am not a loser and I am not going to lose anymore to anyone. You need to wake up Ricky. Jay Youngblood walks off and Ricky Steamboat follows him. Rating 68

Ric Flair: It looks like things are heating up here in the NWA. Tonight for the first time ever myself, Roddy Piper, Dusty Rhodes, and Hulk Hogan are teaming up together. Now let me tell you this I have no love for any of the three men I am teaming up with but Funks, Valentine, and Roberts were going take you down WOOO!!! Rating 73

Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, & Hulk Hogan vs The Funks, Jake Roberts, & Greg Valentine

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Ric Flair, Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper and Hulk Hogan defeated Jake Roberts, Greg Valentine and The Funk Brothers in 22:29 when Hulk Hogan defeated Dory Funk Jr. by pinfall with an Axe Bomber. Rating 86

Harley Race: Tonight this arena is jam packed. To watch a match that should be an epic battle between the two true kings of wrestling. This sport's two greatest world heavyweight champions. So all you fans and every single wrestler needs to watch this match tonight. Because your about to see two of the finest masters of professional wrestling go head to head ,for the greatest prize in any sport going today the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Rating 84

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match:

Nick Bockwinkel vs Harley Race©

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Nick Bockwinkel drew with Harley Race in 30:00 when the time limit expired. Rating 89

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 3 AUGUST 1983 RATING 92

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg

SUNDAY WEEK 4 AUGUST 1983

Bob Caudle: Fans welcome to NWA Main Event tonight is our final show until Clash of Champions. Which by all accounts should be one our best shows of the year.

Gordon Solie: That is saying a lot considering the shows this company has put together all year long have been some the finest shows I have witnessed in my life.

Wahoo McDaniel: Curt Henning come Clash of Champions your going to step in the ring with me. I am going do what I use to do to your dad and whip you to post to post. Rating 76

Ricky Morton: Road Warriors you have been jumping us every chance you get, well come Clash of Champions were going to show that despite being outweighed and outmuscled the Rock "n" Roll Express our smarter and whole lot quicker.

Robert Gibson: You may got all these fans fooled in thinking your bad to the bone. Well were going to show you and the fans we can handle ourselves in a fight even with two ugly overgrown behemoths. Rating 63

notes surprised Morton and Gibson did great without a script.

Rick Rude & Dean Malenko vs Rock "n" Roll Express

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Rock and Roll Express defeated Dean Malenko and Rick Rude in 12:38 when Ricky Morton defeated Rick Rude by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Rating 75

Dusty Rhodes: The page is turning to a new chapter in this sport jack. Nick Bockwinkel your my final obstacle to facing Harley Race at Clash of Champions and I promise to show you I am far from being finished baby. Come Clash of Champions I will be NWA World Heavyweight Champion their is nothing Nick Bockwinkel, Harley Race, and that weasel Bobby Heenan can do to stop me. Rating 84

Randy Savage vs Mark Youngblood

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Randy Savage defeated Mark Youngblood in 12:02 by pinfall. Rating 48

notes- They just don't click at all

Bobby Fulton & Koko Ware vs The Fabulous Freebirds

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Fabulous Freebirds defeated Fulton & Birdman in 12:21 when Terry Gordy defeated Bobby Fulton by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. Rating 76

Bobby Heenan: Dusty Rhodes tonight you face this man in a match in front of all these humanoids. I hope your ready to be embarrassed in that ring.

Nick Bockwinkel: Last week I had true classic match with Harley Race a legend in this sport. Dusty Rhodes wrestling you and Harley Race is like comparing apples to oranges. It just doesn't compare because you have rudimental understanding of what actual wrestling is and Harley Race is a simply a master at his craft. Tonight the end comes for you. Rating 79

Ricky Steamboat: Andersons tonight we reclaim the gold it just as plain and simple as that.

Jay Youngblood: Andersons tonight we our going to show you we mean business. Rating 72

Tommy Rich: This country boy from Tennessee is going to show you Tully Blanchard I can beat you 1..2..3. In the middle of the ring I have already done it once I will do it again. Buzz Sawyer you better stay out of my match at Clash of Champions if you know what is best for you. Rating 87

NWA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH:

David Von Erich vs Tully Blanchard © w/ Elizabeth

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Tully Blanchard defeated David Von Erich in 22:12 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex after Elizabeth interfered. Tully Blanchard makes defence number 2 of his NWA Television title. Rating 83

Bob Caudle: The Funks are assaulting David, their trying to make sure he doesn't make it to Clash of Champions. Ric Flair is bolting out of the back and he has a steel chair swinging it reckless at Terry and Dory.

Gordon Solie: Ric Flair has ran the Funks off. These four men match at Clash of Champions will be all out war. Rating 77

Bobby Heenan: The clock is ticking down. Soon Clash of Champions will be the first meeting of the Von Erichs and Andersons for the NWA World Tag Team Titles. I know these two men are ready to beat the living tar out of both you pretty boy Von Erichs.

Arn Anderson: When you talk about tag team wrestling only one name is feared and respected in this sport. The Andersons because Ole and Gene have been kicking people teeth in since the sixties. Ole and me were going to keep tradition alive.

Ole Anderson: These belts are not coming off around our waists until we want them to Von Erichs. This is the Carolinas Von Erichs this ain't Texas and sure as hell ain't rock stars here. Come the Clash be prepared to get a mud hole stomped in you into by us. Rating 73

Dennis Condrey vs Junkyard Dog

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Junkyard Dog defeated Dennis Condrey in 16:03 by pinfall with a Dog Headbutts. Rating 69

Dynamite Kid & Tito Santana vs The Road Warriors

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Road Warriors defeated Dynamite Kid and Tito Santana in 14:48 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Dynamite Kid by pinfall with a Top Rope Powerslam. Rating 75

Roddy Piper: They say I am nuts well Valentine I am going to go crazy when I am in that ring against at Clash of Champions. Rating 68

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH

Ricky Steamboat & Jay Youngblood vs The Andersons w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated Steamboat & Youngblood in 25:07 when Arn Anderson defeated Ricky Steamboat by submission. Jay Youngblood walked out on Ricky Steamboat during the match. Minnesota Wrecking Crew make defence number 3 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 90

Dusty Rhodes vs Nick Bockwinkel w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Dusty Rhodes defeated Nick Bockwinkel in 24:49 by pinfall after using a foreign object. Rating 82

To the delight of the crowd, Dusty Rhodes is celebrating after the victory and getting the crowd going . From out of nowhere, though, Harley Race storms the set and knocks Dusty down with a brutal shot. To the horror of all in attendence, Race delivers a bone snapping Pile Driver onto the concrete floor!! The attack is quickly broken up by an outpouring of wrestlers from the backstage area. Rating 93

Bob Caudle: I don't think Dusty Rhodes will be at Clash of Champions not after his head was driven into the concrete floor like that.

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 4 AUGUST 1983 RATING 88

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_Clash4_zpsb227f197.jpg?t=1368300433

PRESHOW: 15 Man Battle Royal In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Randy Savage won a battle royal in 19:38. The other members of the 'final four' were Buzz Sawyer, Ivan Koloff and Jimmy Garvin, with Buzz Sawyer being the final elimination. Buzz Sawyer got the most eliminations over the course of the match. Rating 82

Main Show

Bob Caudle: Fans welcome to the Clash of Champions. This is a night that many questions will be answered.

Gordon Solie: We do have news on the condition of Dusty Rhodes. He will not be able to compete tonight. Doctors have refused to clear him tonight for his match with Harley Race.

Bob Caudle: Well the question begs to be answered will Harley Race defend his World Title tonight and who will be the challenger?

(That brings out Jim Crockett Jr.)

Bob Caudle: Welcome Jim I am guessing you have an answer to the question I just asked?

Jim Crockett Jr.: It saddens me to have to change the main event tonight. I know many fans were wanting Dusty Rhodes to beat Harley Race for NWA World Title, but because of the actions of Harley Race we do have to change the match. I have been on the phone with many of the NWA Board of Directors Bill Watts, Eddie Graham, Jim Barnett, Bob Geigel, Fritz Von Erich, and Don Owen. All have thrown out names to me of their biggest stars to face mister Race. Ted Dibiase, Tommy Rich, Manny Fernandez, David Von Erich, Billy Jack Haynes, and even Ric Flair's name has been mentioned.

Gordon Solie: That is great list of contenders Jim, but who did you decide on?

(Bobby Heenan walks out)

Bobby Heenan: Crockett we both know for a fact your not going to pull David Von Erich and Ric Flair from their match with Terry and Dory Funk. Tommy Rich is also already scheduled to get his tail kicked by my man Tully Blanchard. Manny Fernandez is burrito eating fool who couldn't carry Harley Race's jock strap. Billy Jack Haynes is a muscled bound idiot that only people that has less IQ than him is the fans who cheer him on. The only wrestler who is any competition for Harley Race would be Ted Dibiase and I know he is not even here in the arena.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Your correct it is none of names I just mentioned. My decision came down to two men Jay Youngblood and Ricky Steamboat. After careful consideration I decided to give the match to Ricky Steamboat.

(Bobby Heenan has look of shock on his face.) Bobby Heenan: It doesn't matter Harley Race will win tonight against Ricky Steamboat because he is the greatest World Champion the world has ever known.

Bob Caudle: So it is set Ricky Steamboat will face Harley Race for the NWA World Title. It should be a great match.

Gordon Solie: I agree with you Bob. It should be a match to remember.

Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo vs The Fabulous Freebirds

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, The U.S. Express defeated The Fabulous Freebirds in 11:41 when Barry Windham defeated Michael Hayes by pinfall with a Superplex. Rating 84

Bob Caudle: That was good match I am little surprised that Barry Windham and Mike Rotundo won the match.

Gordon Solie: I really thought the Freebirds were going to pull out the victory.

Bob Caudle: Well next up we have the Fabulous Ones vs Hart Foundation with Jimmy Hart.

The Fabulous Ones vs Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Fabulous Ones defeated The Hart Foundation in 13:14 when Steve Keirn defeated Bret Hart by pinfall. Rating 90

Bob Caudle: Well Wahoo is coming out wait a minute he has a title around his waist. Gordon is that what I think it is?

Gordon Solie: Yes, Bob Wahoo last night beat Bobby Duncum for the AWA World Heavyweight Championship last night. So he is carrying the title with him to the ring.

Bob Caudle: Wahoo will make a fine champion I wonder will that mean we might see a unification match between Wahoo and who ever wins the main event tonight?

Wahoo McDaniel vs Curt Henning w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Wahoo McDaniel defeated Curt Hennig in 21:51 by pinfall with a Tomahawk Chop. Rating 85

Bob Caudle: Well another good match tonight. It is a great show so far.

Gordon Solie: It seems everybody is putting the best effort in tonight. Our next match is Junkyard Dog and Butch Reed going for NWA United States Tag Team Titles.

Bob Caudle: Well they beat the Midnight Express already once so I think they can do it again.

Butch Reed & Junkyard Dog vs The Midnight Express © w/ Jim Cornette

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Midnight Express defeated Junkyard Dog and Butch Reed in 16:25 when Bobby Eaton defeated Butch Reed by pinfall with an Alabama Jam after Jim Cornette walked over distracting Junkyard Dog. JYD chased after Cornette the Ref was trying to stop Condrey and Eaton from double teaming Reed. When Cornette threw a fireball in Junkyard Dog blinding him and putting him effectively out of the match. The Midnight Express make defence number 10 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 87

Bob Caudle: I cannot believe how low Jim Cornette just stooped to guarantee is team the victory the medical team is taking care of Junkyard Dog as we speak.

Rock & Roll Express vs Road Warriors

In a bout that featured great action and with a great crowd, Rock and Roll Express defeated The Road Warriors in 15:25 when Robert Gibson defeated Road Warrior Animal by pinfall with a Rocker Dropper. Rating 95

Bob Caudle: I think we just witnessed the match of night fans.

Gordon Solie: I keep being surprised by certain matches tonight. Morton and Gibson really came out and shocked the world by defeating the Road Warriors here tonight. Nobody gave them a chance to beat the Road Warriors at all.

Bob Caudle: I think it is the Road Warriors inexperience as a team which was their downfall tonight.

Hulk Hogan vs Jake Roberts

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Hulk Hogan defeated Jake Roberts in 19:55 by pinfall with an Axe Bomber. Rating 93

Bob Caudle: Another outstanding match Gordon. Our next match is Tully Blanchard versus Tommy Rich.

Gordon Solie: Well I think it will a great match and not disappoint.

Tommy Rich vs Tully Blanchard ©

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Tully Blanchard defeated Tommy Rich in 25:48 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Tully Blanchard makes defence number 3 of his NWA Television title. Rating 88

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

The Von Erichs vs The Andersons © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 21:44 when Ole Anderson defeated Kerry Von Erich by pinfall after he knocked him out using one of the tag team title belts. Minnesota Wrecking Crew make defence number 4 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 90

Gordon Solie: Kerry still is shaking out the cobwebs after getting nailed with the title.

Bob Caudle: The Andersons just showed they will do anything to hold on to them titles.

Gordon Solie: Our next match folks is Roddy Piper battling against Greg Valentine for United States Title.

NWA UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH:

Roddy Piper vs Greg Valentine©

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Greg Valentine defeated Roddy Piper in 19:28 Greg Valentine showed a mean streak a country mile wide pounding on Piper's ear through out the match.. Greg Valentine makes defence number 2 of his NWA United States Heavyweight title. Rating 97

Bob Caudle: Piper is in serious condition folks. I mean serious condition I have never seen a man lose that much blood and still be alive.

Gordon Solie: It looks like Roddy Piper will not be with us for a long while after this bloody match. His ear must have suffered far greater damage than before. Plus it looked if Valentine was trying to rip Piper's nose off his face. Blood is everywhere and it is all Roddy Piper's blood.

Bob Caudle: Well the ring is cleaned up. An about to start is our next match. An one Ric Flair and David Von Erich have been waiting for because you know they can't wait to get their hands on The Funks.

David Von Erich & Ric Flair vs The Funks

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Ric Flair and David Von Erich defeated The Funk Brothers in 25:38 when David Von Erich defeated Dory Funk Jr. by submission with an Iron Claw. Rating 97

Bob Caudle: The Funks are angry as all can be that they lost this match. Oh lord, The Funks crawl back in the ring with steel chairs.

Gordon Solie: Oh my God!!! They have beaten Flair and David into the mat. Wait minute what are they doing?

Bob Caudle: It looks like they dragging or half carrying Flair to that table. They can't do this their going to kill Ric Flair!!!

Gordon Solie: Terry Funk is being assisted by Dory and he OH MY GOD!!!!! They just drove Flair head straight through the table with a piledriver. Flair is laying motionless....

( Silence as both announcers are in shock as they watch the Funks show no mercy on Ric Flair piledriving him on the concrete floor another four times before they are ran off.

Bob Caudle:............ Fans I am speechless Ric Flair is alive the doctors are saying. I think Harley Race may have to pay the Funks now. Because Ric Flair will never wrestle again.

Gordon Solie: I have seen heinous attacks before but nothing in my whole life has prepared me to see what we just witnessed. Rating 91

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:

Ricky Steamboat vs Harley Race © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Harley Race defeated Ricky Steamboat in 29:51 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Harley Race makes defence number 6 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating 99

Bob Caudle: Look on Ricky Steamboat's face he is clearly upset. Jay Youngblood has came out to help him to the back. He is helping him off the mat.

Gordon Solie: Oh NO!!!! Jay Youngblood has clotheslined Ricky Steamboat and now he is putting the boots to him as the Clash of Champions go off the air. Rating 78

NWA CLASH OF CHAMPIONS RATING 97

Great show. I must admit I was hoping for million dollar man to be the challenger for the title just cause he was such a great wrestler that never won it all in WWF. Would've been great to see what his gimmick would be. Elizabeth should be hung for making you sign savage. He can't do a decent promo. I thought in 83 he was great on the Mic..... Maybe magnum Scott hall will debut soon

Great show. I must admit I was hoping for million dollar man to be the challenger for the title just cause he was such a great wrestler that never won it all in WWF. Would've been great to see what his gimmick would be. Elizabeth should be hung for making you sign savage. He can't do a decent promo. I thought in 83 he was great on the Mic..... Maybe magnum Scott hall will debut soon

Magnum TA is actually wrestling in Mid-South and Florida I am not signing him at the moment for the simple reason I have nothing for him to do. Randy Savage isn't over yet that is why he is struggling on the microphone. I wanted to get Savage out of the WWF. He was seriously being buried by the WWF. His average match rating in the WWF was 39. His average rating for me is 67.

Ted Dibiase is someone I am keeping close watch on, but I don't want to bring him in because I have nothing for him to do at this time. Ricky Steamboat was Olympia's choice to fight Harley Race for the title. So I had to work it in plus I was already planning Jay Youngblood's turn when he chose Steamboat so it worked out good for me.

Thank you for liking the show and commenting. I hope you keep enjoying the story I am trying to tell.

SUNDAY WEEK 1 SEPTEMBER 1983

Bob Caudle: Fans I have news on the conditions of Ric Flair and Roddy Piper both men were seriously injured last week. Roddy Piper has a ruptured ear drum. It will be awhile before he is allowed to step in a ring if ever again. Ric Flair was injured at the hands of the Funks is still in serious condition and many people close to him believe Ric Flair may never be able to walk again. The injuries of Ric Flair are that severe. Fans we will have more as it comes on the conditions of these two great athletes in coming weeks.

Gordon Solie: I must say Bob it truly a sad day in professional wrestling. As both of these men were struck down in the prime of their careers.

Ole Anderson: Von Erichs we told you we were going to walk out of the Clash of Champions as still World Tag Team champions and we did. Their no chance you will ever be able to beat us.

Arn Anderson: At the Clash you tasted the Gold as it slammed right in your face. That's the closet you will get Von Erichs. Rating 82

Animal: Rock and Roll Express you got lucky. Next time we meet we will break your legs.

Hawk: You could say we learned a lesson at the Clash. We underestimated you Rock and Roll Express next time in that ring like Animal said we are going bring the pain. Rating 77

Rick Gibson & Koko Ware vs Road Warriors

In an extremely short match, The Road Warriors defeated Rick Gibson and Koko B. Ware in 5:01 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Rick Gibson by pinfall with a Top Rope Powerslam. Rating 76

Bob Caudle: The Road Warriors are beating the daylights out of Rick Gibson. I think they want a measure of revenge for the lost at Clash.

Gordon Solie: The Rock and Roll Express hit the ring and both teams are going hammer and tong at each other. My God we have a pier six brawl. Rating 65

(Bobby Heenan and Harley Race walk out to the ring. Bobby Heenan is holding a briefcase in his hand.

Bobby Heenan: I have right here in this brief case $25,000 dollars for the two men who ended Ric Flair's career at Clash of Champions. So please Terry and Dory Funk come out here to this ring.

Terry and Dory walk out to the ring with big smiles on their faces. They stand and shake Bobby Heenan and Harley Race's hands.

Harley Race: It is a honor to stand in the ring with the two men who put Ric Flair out of wrestling. It is with great pleasure that I give you this brief case with $ 25,000 dollars.

Terry Funk: We humbly accept this money Harley Race. Now David Von Erich we just took out that one yellow bellied coward Ric Flair. The Andersons are going to take care of your brothers so you will be standing alone against the Funks.

Dory Funk Jr.: David your better tuck your tail and run back to Texas because you keep coming at us. Your going to regret it for the rest of your life.

Bobby Heenan: You humanoids boo us but I am going to tell you the truth. Gone are your heroes Ric Flair is out of wrestling. Roddy Piper is out of wrestling. Dusty Rhodes is out wrestling. He hasn't be heard from since Harley Race drove him into the concrete floor. We told him we would never allow him at the Clash of Champions.

Harley Race: What Bobby is trying to say is soon all heroes will be never more. Because the Heenan Family , The Funks, and Greg Valentine on a mission to end their careers. Rating 91

Jay Youngblood: I have stood in the shadows of Ricky Steamboat for years. I am the better wrestler, I am the better man, I have the talent. Only Ricky would be the one that would get the shots at the singles titles. Why I cheered on the sidelines. Clash of Champions that was the final straw that broke the camel's back. What I did was a revelation to me because it sparked a fire down deep inside me that I never knew existed. Ricky I relish the chance to get you in the ring and show the world that I am better than you. Rating 77

Bobby Fulton vs Jay Youngblood

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Jay Youngblood defeated Bobby Fulton in 15:53 by submission. Rating 77

David Von Erich: You know it made me sick seeing the Funks collect their bounty on Ric Flair earlier tonight. Funks I am here to stay in the Carolinas and I will do everything I can to put both of you out of wrestling. Rating 92

David Von Erich vs Jimmy Garvin w/ Sunshine

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David Von Erich defeated Jimmy Garvin in 21:45 by submission with an Iron Claw Rating 84

David is celebrating when the Funks hit the ring and begins beating on David, He fights them valiantly but the two on one assault soon is two much for him and the Funks stop David into the mat. Rating 87

Jim Cornette: Let me tell you something the Midnight Express showed at the Clash of Champions why they are the best tag team in the world. When they beat up them two sad sacks Butch Reed and Junkyard Dog. Hey Junkyard can you see me? Hahahahaha. Rating 84

Greg Valentine: The skirt wearing Rowdy Hot Rod has finally been put out of wrestling. I am so proud of the beating a gave you Piper. One you never forget. The one before that you were able to walk back in the ring. Well after what I did at the Clash of Champions I think I sent my message to the world don't come after United States Title or I will beat you like I need Piper. Rating 87

Tito Santana vs Tully Blanchard © w/ Elizabeth

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Tully Blanchard defeated Tito Santana in 17:37 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Tully Blanchard makes defence number 4 of his NWA Television title. Rating 80

Gordon Solie: We have a video we been asked to play so fans here it is.

Dusty Rhodes: Race.. Are you a legend...are you a king..... The Heenan Family declared war on the American Dream.... Nick Bockwinkel... Bobby Heenan... Harley Race... I am declaring war on all three of you.. The NWA World Championship is on the line. The prestige and honor that goes with being the World Champion... The end of Bobby Heenan. The end of Harley Race and Nick Bockwinkel... because I am the legend killer. fades to black and NWA Main Event goes off the air. Rating 100

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 1 SEPTEMBER 1983 Rating 84

JCP HEADQUARTERS CHARLOTTE, NC

John Cornell: Well the results are in for our first show on USA network. 4.01 is the rating which good considering we are shown at midnight.

Jim Crockett Jr.: I would of preferred to stay with ESPN, but I do understand your point. Showing a show and not making money off it is bad business. How did Georgia and WWF do?

John Cornell: Vince's show did a 3.58 on ESPN. Georgia did a 4.36 rating.

Jim Crockett Jr.: So Georgia is beating us in the ratings. I can live with that for now considering our timeslot compare to theirs.

John Cornell: You do realize the Georgia deal was done before we decided to leave ESPN? Meaning Jim Barnett was trying to take us head on in the ratings war.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Good thing our show is taped on Wednesday's or we would had a issue. Considering the ratings we were pulling he would of the lost badly.

John Cornell: The WWF has been trying to sign Ted Dibiase, Tully Blanchard, Magnum TA, Gino Hernandez they all turned him down. Vince's money isn't worth the jump yet I guess.

Jim Crockett Jr. How close are we of going national?

John Cornell: Extremely close by the end of the year we should be National. Hopefully Starrcade gives us the push over we need.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Talking about Starrcade how things looking for it?

John Cornell: Well I have the matches pretty much down. Plus the finishes are for sure on three of the matches. All the storylines will end at Starrcade, An we will create new ones at Starrcade as well.

Starrcade '83

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Steel Cage

Ric Flair vs Harley Race ©

NWA UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Dog Collar Match

Roddy Piper vs Greg Valentine ©

NWA World Tag Team Title Match:

Kerry Von Erich and Kevin Von Erich vs The Andersons ©

NWA Television Title Match:

Hulk Hogan vs Tully Blanchard ©

NWA United States Tag Team Title Match:

Junkyard Dog and Butch Reed vs The Midnight Express

The Last Battle in The Sawyer and Rich War

Tommy Rich vs Buzz Sawyer

The Funks vs Wahoo McDaniel and David Von Erich

Jay Youngblood vs Ricky Steamboat

Tito Santana vs Jake Roberts

Nick Bockwinkel vs Dusty Rhodes

NWA Mid-Atlantic Title Match:

Barry Windham vs Curt Henning

The British Bulldogs vs The Fabulous Freebirds

The Fabulous Ones vs The Hart Foundation

The Russians vs Sgt. Slaughter and Mike Rotundo

Card is subject to change. They are at least 11 shows to get through before Starrcade. So get your predictions in this the Season Finale of Jim Crockett Promotions titles will be won and lost on this night. Feuds will end and feuds will be born.

Matches will be added not taken away from this I am making sure of.

Fans vote I have three wrestlers who needs opponents because they our heels I can't pit them against each other for Starrcade. The wrestlers are Randy Savage vs ???

Jimmy Garvin vs ????

King Kong Bundy vs ????

Here is the name of wrestlers who I can sign or bring in on a trade at this time.

Ted Dibiase

Jerry Lawler

Billy Jack Haynes

Andre the Giant- I can always try to sign him away from the WWF.

Jimmy Snuka - Same as Andre

Ron Garvin

Big John Studd - Same as Andre and Snuka.

Gino Hernandez-

Magnum Ta

Dick Murdoch

You guys vote and tell me which one you want them to face. All they are more wrestlers I can sign but I don't want to list them all.

These Wrestlers have not debuted in the game world yet.

Sting

Ultimate Warrior

Nikita Koloff

Lex Luger

Vader

Yes I have my reasons for adding that. :D

SUNDAY WEEK 2 SEPTEMBER 1983

Bob Caudle: Welcome fans we have a great night of action here on NWA Main Event on the USA network. The Main Event of the night will be Tully Blanchard defending his Television Title against Hulk Hogan.

Gordon Solie: Also we have the NWA Mid Atlantic Championship match to decide a worthy champion Curt Henning going against Mike Rotundo in that match.

The Fabulous Ones vs Midnight Express© w/ Jim Cornette

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, The Midnight Express defeated The Fabulous Ones in 14:34 when Bobby Eaton defeated Steve Keirn by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. The Midnight Express make defence number 11 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 84

Tully Blanchard: Hulk Hogan you were a huge signing a couple of months back, but since you have been here you have been a dud. People claimed Hulkamania was going to run wild on Jim Crockett Promotions and the NWA. Tonight you face the best wrestler in this sport we call professional wrestling and like your career here in the NWA your going to be on losing end once again. Rating 94

Curt Henning: Mike Rotundo your great wrestler, but you lack that killer instinct. Tonight I am going to become the NWA Mid- Atlantic Heavyweight Champion. A title many legends of this great sport has held. Tonight I will join them legends as one of the best this industry has ever seen. Rating 61

Mike Rotundo: Curt Henning tonight I am going to take that Mid- Atlantic title. Your considered a future World Champion well I am going show and the world I am just as good or better than you are. Rating 61

NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Title Match:

Mike Rotundo vs Curt Henning w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and average crowd heat, Curt Hennig defeated Mike Rotundo in 11:40 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex after Bobby Heenan interfered. Curt Hennig makes defence number 1 of his NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title. Rating 83

Terry Funk: Ric Flair where could you be hmmmm. Oh I know sitting in your house wearing neck brace because I drove your head through a table. Flair if you were real man you would come here and fight me. Only your an coward with a yellow streak a mile wide running down your back. Ric Flair look into my face... look at it real closely this is the face of the man who ended your career and you can't do anything about it. Rating 95

Dean Malenko & Rick Rude vs Kerry and Kevin Von Erich

In a match that had some good action with average crowd heat, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated Dean Malenko and Rick Rude in 11:56 when Kevin Von Erich defeated Dean Malenko by submission with an Iron Claw. Rating 78

Bobby Heenan: Dusty Rhodes you do a video about a war between you and the Heenan Family. Your must be stupidest man in the world it took you this long to figure out that this was war between you and us. I thought the humanoids were stupid but you take the cake.

Harley Race: Ric Flair a man who was becoming a legend here in the Carolinas and around the world is out of wrestling for good. Dusty Rhodes your next on the list. You will never get this Ten Pounds of Gold from around my waist.

Nick Bockwinkel: Soon the veil shall be removed Dusty Rhodes and you shall see the end of the road that you have been traveling on leads to a dead end. Come Starrcade you will already be out of wrestling. Rating 88

Buzz Sawyer vs Koko Ware

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Buzz Sawyer defeated Koko B. Ware in 11:54 by pinfall with a Diving Splash. Rating 79

Hulk Hogan: You know Tully Blanchard your right. I have stumbled since I came here, but I am getting better. Tonight I will claim my first title in Jim Crockett Promotions. What you gonna do when Hulkamania runs wild on you. Rating 85

Hulk Hogan vs Tully Blanchard © w/ Elizabeth

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Hulk Hogan defeated Tully Blanchard in 20:12 when Tully Blanchard was disqualified when Jake Roberts ran in and attacked Hulk Hogan. Rating 77

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 2 SEPTEMBER 1983

JCP Head Quarters, Charlotte, NC

Today is Monday so it is the weekly meeting with the staff. To break down the show from last night. Plus talk about news of the recent week.

John Cornell: Vince and the WWF has been busy it seems. Junkyard Dog, David Von Erich, and Kerry Von Erich all have been offered contracts by the WWF.

Jim Crockett Jr.: So have you countered offered? I mean David and Kerry leaving would ruin our plans for the future. I would let Junkyard Dog leave just because we are struggling to keep him busy.

Johnny Valentine: We baited Hogan on a stick and he didn't take it. Hell Hogan is on Pay Per Appearance and still hasn't tried to get him. It makes you wonder what Vince will do next doesn't it.

John Cornell: Like before we didn't have to counter offer because all three men have turned him down. The Dog and Butch Reed are being patient with us plus their relationships with Bill Watts is helping us out. David and Kerry know we are the number one promotion in the world. Plus that the future looks very bright for them in our future plans at the moment.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Well hope so considering that our plans hinge on them being successful in the ring.

John Cornell: We can always use Dusty in their place if anything happens. Tully was cutting that promo little close to home on Hogan last week.

Johnny Valentine: I thought it was brilliant. Because we have been using Hogan as Dusty's running buddy and that about it. Jake Roberts angle is going nowhere. I think we under utilizing his talents to be honest.

John Cornell: Well Vince did kicked us were it hurt on that angle. When he signed Kevin Sullivan away from the AWA. After the shit he pulled with Flair I was going to bury him, but than we put him in that match with Flair and it showed they have brilliant chemistry together. So I changed our plans on that. Hulk is going to become a focal point of the roster very soon. I don't want him as World Champion but I do want him help turn a certain wrestler. I think their feud will set the world of professional wrestling on fire.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Well what is going on with the Mid- Atlantic Heavyweight title scene?

John Cornell: My plans are to use it like we have been using the United States Tag Team Titles. A midcard title that gives the guys in our midcard to battle over. I think Curt Henning is the perfect champion to hold the belt and give it some prestige on his first run with the title. I am using it as a test run for our future main eventers like Curt Henning and Barry Windham. I see big things in the future for both men. I would like to see a feud over the World Title between them in the years to come.

Johnny Valentine: What is going on with Randy Savage because I am hearing their sure fire angle already set in motion for him, but yet he doesn't have a match at Starrcade set up yet?

John Cornell: Considering I am booking Savage to look better than Vince was is good thing. Well let see here with Randy's wife managing Tully Blanchard at the moment. So I am going to let you imagine the storyline that is setup for the three of them. I am thinking of bringing Lanny in to team with Randy though and put them in angle with the Rock & Roll Express. I think it would be a very good feud for all four men.

Jim Crockett Jr.: That is if the Road Warriors don't kill the Rock & Roll Express first? When is the Midnight Express, Rock & Roll Express, and Road Warriors going to move up to challenge for the NWA World Tag Team Titles?

John Cornell: Well all I am going to say is Starrcade is going to be our biggest show of the year. It is when all storylines come to their climatic conclusion and new storylines will be born. All three teams will be World Tag Team Champions in the future I am planning for this company, but at the moment they have to wait there turn.

Johnny Valentine: What about the Hart Foundation, British Bulldogs, Fabulous Ones, The Russians, and The Fabulous Freebirds.?

John Cornell: All five teams I see as future United States Tag Team and World Tag Team champions. The Fabulous Ones I have a special plan for one that nobody will see coming. It will change the landscape of the tag team division when we pull the trigger on it.

Jim Crockett Jr. You got my interest peaked. One last question what happens if Ole Anderson decides to sign a written contract with Georgia? How will that effect the future we have planned?

John Cornell: I think we have treated Ole fine since we brought him in here. If he decides to leave on a written deal with Georgia we will just readjust our plans. I already have two men on our roster who would easily take his spot and could do just as good or better in his role. The other three men are the foundation not Ole of what we have planned out in the future.

Jim Crockett Jr.: That's good to hear. Oh what was our rating for NWA Main Event?

Johnny Valentine: We did 4.03 rating, Georgia 4.78, and WWF 3.58 . So we our second in the rating wars.

Jim Crockett Jr.: That's fine meeting adjourned good day gentlemen.

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Steel Cage

Ric Flair vs Harley Race ©

NWA UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Dog Collar Match

Roddy Piper vs Greg Valentine ©

Kerry Von Erich and Kevin Von Erich vs The Andersons ©

NWA Television Title Match:

Hulk Hogan vs Tully Blanchard ©

NWA United States Tag Team Title Match:

Junkyard Dog and Butch Reed vs The Midnight Express

The Last Battle in The Sawyer and Rich War

Tommy Rich vs Buzz Sawyer

The Funks vs Wahoo McDaniel and David Von Erich

Tito Santana vs Jake Roberts

Nick Bockwinkel vs Dusty Rhodes

NWA Mid-Atlantic Title Match:

Barry Windham vs Curt Henning

The British Bulldogs vs The Fabulous Freebirds

The Fabulous Ones vs The Hart Foundation

The Russians vs Sgt. Slaughter and Mike Rotundo

Card is subject to change. They are at least 11 shows to get through before Starrcade. So get your predictions in this the Season Finale of Jim Crockett Promotions titles will be won and lost on this night. Feuds will end and feuds will be born.

Matches will be added not taken away from this I am making sure of.

Fans vote I have three wrestlers who needs opponents because they our heels I can't pit them against each other for Starrcade. The wrestlers are Randy Savage vs ??? Ted Dibiase or Dirty Dick Murdoch, Both could have nice storylines built around their entrance. Savage vs Magnum TA would also be an interesting match

Jimmy Garvin vs ???? Gino Hernandez

If Gino has a good debut, would be interesting to see him and Tully reprise their Dynamic Duo team for a while.

King Kong Bundy vs ???? Billy Jack Haynes

or stick a knife in Vince - make it Studd & BUndy vs ANdre and Snuka!

Here is the name of wrestlers who I can sign or bring in on a trade at this time.

Ted Dibiase

Jerry Lawler

Billy Jack Haynes

Andre the Giant- I can always try to sign him away from the WWF.

Jimmy Snuka - Same as Andre

Ron Garvin

Big John Studd - Same as Andre and Snuka.

Gino Hernandez-

Magnum Ta

Dick Murdoch

You guys vote and tell me which one you want them to face. All they are more wrestlers I can sign but I don't want to list them all.

That would be interesting. I just need to get to National so I can have two hour show. Plus add a second show so I can give everybody a storyline and able to run it. Studd and Andre would help Bundy a lot. Though I am thinking of recreating Jimmy Hart's First Family Stable and adding King Kong Bundy to it. I was never big fan of Jimmy Snuka's only thing I would use him for is to feud with Piper and than get rid of him.

SUNDAY WEEK 3 SEPTEMBER 1983

Bob Caudle: Welcome fans to NWA Main Event we are here in the Dallas Reunion Arena. We have a great card scheduled tonight.

Gordon Solie: A lot of action to get to Bob. First off the Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title will be defended by Curt Henning against Tito Santana.

NWA MID-ATLANTIC HEAVWEIGHT TITLE:

Tito Santana vs Curt Henning © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Tito Santana in 13:08 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. Curt Hennig makes defence number 2 of his NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title. Rating 75

Bob Caudle: That was a good match to start the night off folks. This card is stacked our second title match is up next.

Gordon Solie: It should be a good match. The Fabulous Ones get a shot at the World Tag Team Champions.

The Fabulous Ones vs The Andersons © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated The Fabulous Ones in 15:51 when Arn Anderson defeated Steve Keirn by pinfall. Minnesota Wrecking Crew make defence number 5 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 90

Bob Caudle: An amazing match these fans are getting a show tonight.

Gordon Solie: Our next match may break into pier six brawl. An five on five match.

Dusty Rhodes, Hulk Hogan, Junkyard Dog, Butch Reed, & Tommy Rich vs Midnight Express, Tully Blanchard, Nick Bockwinkel, Buzz Sawyer

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Dusty Rhodes, Hulk Hogan, Junkyard Dog, Butch Reed and Tommy Rich drew with Dennis Condrey, Bobby Eaton, Nick Bockwinkel, Buzz Sawyer and Tully Blanchard in 22:06 in a no contest when the ref lost control of the match. All ten men brawled inside and outside the ring. Buzz Sawyer and Tommy Rich was brawling down the aisle. Rating 84

Gordon Solie: That was truly a pier six brawl fitting of being in Texas. Wa..it a... minute, wa..it a minute. We have a disturbance in the back.

The cameras in the back show Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer battling it out. it is a brutal affair. Road agents and staff are able to restore order after a while. Rating 71

Jay Youngblood: Ricky Steamboat tonight I am going to prove to the world why I am the better wrestler and carried our former tag team. Rating 73

Ricky Steamboat: I have been pondering for weeks why you did it Jay. Only thing I can of think of is that your jealous of me. Rating 75

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Jay Youngblood defeated Ricky Steamboat in 17:49 by submission. Rating 75

David Von Erich: We are here in Dallas, Texas. Tonight I am taking on Harley Race for the World Heavyweight Championship. Tonight I am going to become the first Von Erich to win the NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Terry and Dory you better stay out of this tonight. Rating 94

The Fabulous Freebirds & Road Warriors vs Rock & Roll Express & Kerry and Kevin Von Erich

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich and Rock and Roll Express defeated The Fabulous Freebirds and The Road Warriors in 17:45 when Ricky Morton defeated Road Warrior Hawk by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Rating 87

Harley Race: Once again I am here in Texas defending this the most precious and prestigious tile in this sport of professional wrestling. David Von Erich I have battled you all over Texas and like all them matches before I am going to come out the winner. Rating 92

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:

David Von Erich vs Harley Race © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, David Von Erich drew with Harley Race in 20:00 when the time limit expired. Rating 99

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 3 SEPTEMBER 1983 RATING 93

Notes: Robert Gibson broke his ankle and will be out for 2 months and three weeks

SUNDAY WEEK SEPTEMBER 1983

Bob Caudle: Fans welcome NWA Main Event we have a excellent show tonight.

Gordon Solie: We a lot of action planned tonight Big John Studd and King Kong Bundy will be teaming together to open the show up tonight.

The Batten Twins vs Big John Studd & King Kong Bundy w/ Jimmy Hart

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, King Kong Bundy & John Studd defeated Bart Battan and Brad Battan in 11:45 when Big John Studd defeated Brad Battan by submission with a Reverse Bearhug. Rating 55

Bobby Heenan: This man is a true champion unlike his challenger tonight Barry Windham.

Curt Henning: Barry Windham we have a few similarities Barry Windham. We are both rising stars in this business. We are both heralded to be the future of this business, but that is where the similarities end. Because unlike you Barry Windham I am the real deal. Where as you are made of all hype. I prove it every night in that ring defending the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Championship. While you prove just like father that your loser that can never be as great in that ring as me. Rating 85

NWA MID-ATLANTIC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:

Barry Windham vs Curt Henning © w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Curt Hennig defeated Barry Windham in 12:27 by count out Bobby Heenan distracted Barry Windham while Curt Henning slipped behind Windham and smashed him into the ring post knocking Windham out. Curt Hennig makes defence number 3 of his NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title. Rating 83

(Notes: The title prestige was only 45 when Curt Henning was awarded the title he has already brought it up to 47.

John Cornell: That was a good match Barry. Just an bad way to end though.

Barry Windham: A bad way to lose you think? Curt Henning and Bobby Heenan An cheater and weasel a perfect combination. Slamming my head into the ring post to get the win Curt Henning is low even for someone like you. I am putting this challenge out Curt Henning me and you at Starrcade you put that title on the line once more against me. Rating 65

Bobby Fulton & Koko Ware vs Midnight Express © w/ Jim CornetteIn a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, The Midnight Express defeated Fulton & Birdman in 12:14 when Bobby Eaton defeated Bobby Fulton by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. The Midnight Express make defence number 12 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 76

Wahoo McDaniel: You see this title I am holding over my shoulder Harley Race? I have been in this sport for a very long time to become a World Champion and I have done it finally. I am issuing a challenge Harley Race next week here on NWA Main Event champion versus champion. Are you man enough to fight me and put up the NWA World Heavyweight title? I am man enough to put up the AWA World Title. Rating 90

Bob Caudle: I wonder if Harley Race will accept the challenge, Gordon?

Gordon Solie: We both know Bob, that Harley Race is man enough to put up the championship, but will the NWA Board of Directors allow him to put the NWA World Championship in title versus title match with a rival company champion?

Bob Caudle: Harley Race has as you know defended the NWA World Heavyweight Title against other World Champions before, but the

relationship with the AWA is very hostile to say the least.

Dusty Rhodes: Every time daddy, Harley Race or Nick Bockwinkel or any member... of the Heenan Family talks about the American Dream. They say my time has come to a end. For over six months they have claimed to put me out of the business. Well they drove my head into the concrete floor trying to break my neck like Terry Funk did to the Nature Boy Ric Flair. Only I am still walking tall why they cower in fear of the tower of power Dusty Rhodes. Soon it will come down to it Harley Race. The American Dream Dusty Rhodes versus NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race and after the match I will be the three time NWA World Champion Oh I'm so sweet. Rating 100

Ricky Morton: I am standing here just little upset. You see last week me and Robert were leaving the arena, when the Road Warriors and that scum of manager of theirs Paul Ellering jumps us in the parking lot.

Robert Gibson: Road Warriors!! First you try to get to us through my brother Rick Gibson. Now you broke my ankle... I am beyond being angry Road Warriors and when I am able to get back in the Rock and Roll Express are going to take you to the woodshed. Rating 69

Lanny Poffo vs Ricky Morton

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Ricky Morton defeated Lanny Poffo in 12:01 by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Rating 67

Tully Blanchard: Hulk Hogan you didn't beat me last week I beat myself. You got lucky and it will never happen again. Tonight to prove my point I am going to let you have a tag team partner. Oh no I don't want you Hogan to think this a two on one situation you see I am never alone. You see when your class you have surround yourself with class. I have the Perfect Ten Elizabeth and I have this man who has been friend and tag team partner for many years.

Gino Hernandez: I am one of the best wrestlers in this business. I have beaten the best this business has to offer. Hulk Hogan you might not know me, but ask Von Erich's about me. Ask Dusty Rhodes if he will be your partner against others? Ask Wahoo McDaniel if he will face us in match with you? They all give you the same answer Tully Blanchard and Gino Hernandez are unstoppable as a tag team. So pick a partner and prepare to be beaten by the Dynamic Duo. Rating 80

Bryan St.John vs Randy Savage

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Randy Savage defeated Bryan St. John in 6:22 by pinfall with a Flying Elbow Drop. Rating 58

Hulk Hogan: You know brother the Hulkster didn't have to go far to find a partner. I heard you comments Tully Blanchard and this Halfbreed Gino Hernandez. I am not afraid of you brothers. I looked over at Tito Santana a man who has kicked both your tails in Texas.

Tito Santana: Gino and Tully we meet in the ring once again. The Hulkster and I are going to show you tonight your not unbeatable Arriba!!! Rating 75

NWA UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH:

Butch Reed vs Greg Valentine ©

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Greg Valentine defeated Butch Reed in 17:47 by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Greg Valentine makes defence number 3 of his NWA United States Heavyweight title. Rating 80

Hulk Hogan & Tito Santana vs Dynamic Duo w/ Elizabeth

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Dynamic Duo defeated Hulk Hogan and Tito Santana in 18:07 when Tully Blanchard defeated Tito Santana by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock after interference from Elizabeth. Rating 80

(Notes: I may have issues with Gino. Drinking, Soft Drugs, and Hard Drugs he was hit for.)

Greg Valentine: Piper.... How does feel sitting at home only being able to hear with ear? If you ever can comeback I will make sure I will finish the job and make you deaf to the world. Rating 73

Harley Race: Everyone what's a piece of me. Dusty Rhodes keeps running his mouth. Now Wahoo has title and he wants shot at the true world champion of professional wrestling. An average would break with the schedule that I keep. I wrestle in Japan, Mexico , Europe, Canada, and all over this country defending this title. Night in and night out I battle the best this sport has to offer. David Von Erich last week you took me to the limit. Your good but your not ready to beat me, because unlike you and the rest pretenders I am the King of Wrestling. You know I want to remember one thing. I am the man who beat you for this title and I am reason you will never wrestle again for the rest of your life. Rating 100

Dusty Rhodes, Kerry Von Erich & David Von Erich vs Harley Race & The Andersons w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Harley Race and Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated Dusty Rhodes and David & Kerry Von Erich in 19:38 when Harley Race defeated Kerry Von Erich by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rating 97

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 4 SEPTEMBER 1983 RATING 93

<p><strong>PWI RADIO</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Big news coming out of Jim Crockett Promotions. At NWA Main Event AWA World Heavyweight Champion Wahoo McDaniel vs NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race will headline the show. </p><p> </p><p>

Is it bad when Memphis wrestling is outshining bigger promotions like the AWA and WWF? We here at PWI Radio think so what do you fans think?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

The Road Warriors have finally won gold that is SECW Southeastern Tag Team titles from Robert Fuller and Gino Hernandez.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Mid-South put on a great end of the month show it was headlined by Junkyard Dog defeating Ted Dibiase to retain North American Championship. The show was given 91 by us here on PWI Radio.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg</span><p> SUNDAY WEEK 1 OCTOBER 1983</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Fans we have a great show tonight here on NWA Main Event. Wahoo McDaniel versus Harley Race tonight. <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> That should be a great match between those two great athletes. Am I reading this correctly Ricky Morton will be facing the Road Warriors. It doesn't say who his partner is Bob?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> I think that is odd because it does say it is a tag team match. We both know it can't be Robert Gibson since he had his ankle broken by The Road Warriors.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> Should be interesting to see who his mystery partner is.</p><p> </p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>The NWA UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong> <p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Fabulous Ones vs Midbight Express w/ Jim Cornette</span></p><p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Midnight Express defeated The Fabulous Ones in 13:55 when Bobby Eaton defeated Steve Keirn by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. The Midnight Express make defence number 13 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 81</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Dusty Rhodes vs Randy Savage</span><p> In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Dusty Rhodes defeated Randy Savage in 16:45 by pinfall with a Bionic Elbow. Rating 85</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Ricky Morton:</strong> Tonight is the night that I get in the ring against you Road Warriors. I know your in the back licking your chops. Wanting to beat the hell out of me, but boys trust my partner tonight ain't gonna let you. Rating 68</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Barry Windham vs Dean Malenko</span><p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Barry Windham defeated Dean Malenko in 11:52 by pinfall with a Superplex. Rating 64</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Well as you can hear fans Iron Man is blaring over the speakers meaning the Road Warriors are coming out to the ring. <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> Ricky Morton is coming out and Robert Gibson is with him, but I don't see anyone else. The Road Warriors are in the ring they are yelling at the Rock and Roll Express. Ricky Morton is not getting in the ring. He has a smile on his face and I think he just said wait a minute.</p><p> </p><p> </p><div class="ipsEmbeddedVideo"><div><iframe width="200" height="150" src="https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/NbvAgrAWx4o?feature=oembed" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="" title="Andre The Giant Theme song"></iframe></div></div><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> I am in shock Gordon it's Andre the Giant!!!!</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> Bob, your not the only one. The Road Warriors and Paul Ellering are all looking at each other in shock as they look at the Eight Wonder of the World come down to the ring. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Andre the Giant & Ricky Morton vs Road Warriors</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Andre The Giant and Ricky Morton defeated The Road Warriors in 15:42 when Andre The Giant defeated Road Warrior Animal by pinfall with The Bodyslam. Rating 86</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Terry Funk & Greg Valentine vs David Von Erich & Ricky Steamboat</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David Von Erich and Ricky Steamboat defeated Greg Valentine and Terry Funk in 17:53 when David Von Erich defeated Terry Funk by submission with an Iron Claw. Rating 81</p><p> </p><p> Gordon Solie: Well that was a great match. Terry Funk and Greg Valentine are attacking David and Ricky beating them to the ground. Wait a minute the fans are roaring he comes Roddy Piper!!! Dory Funk has just came out this is turning into a six man brawl. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Oh My God!! Ric Flair it's Ric Flair with a ball bat coming out he swinging for the fences at the Funks and Greg Valentine. He is chasing the Funks down who are hightailing it as fast they can out of the arena. Ric Flair and Roddy Piper both has returned fans!!! Rating 85</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Roddy Piper:</strong> I never thought I be glad to see you. <p> </p><p> <strong>Ric Flair:</strong> WOOOO!!! Funks I am not going to retire I am back!!! <em>( Rips off his neck brace)</em> I am going to hunt both you down and beat the living daylights out of both you. Harley Race the NWA Board of Directors have agreed come NWA Starrcade it's going to be on between the two of us. Ric Flair!!! Harley Race!!! Steel Cage!!!! NWA World Heavyweight Title on the line!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!! Funks you tried to put me out of wrestling. Valentine you broke my nose a couple years back and you tried take this man's ear off. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Roddy Piper:</strong> Greg Valentine... it's going to be brutal come Starrcade because it's me and you in a match. No Disqualification and No Countouts in the most brutal and sadistic match I could think of a Dog Collar Match. They will be nowhere to run Greg Valentine and you will pay the Piper. Rating 87</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Hulk Hogan & The Von Erichs vs Tully Blanchard & The Andersons</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Hulk Hogan and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated Tully Blanchard and Minnesota Wrecking Crew in 18:21 when Hulk Hogan defeated Arn Anderson by pinfall with an Axe Bomber. Rating 91</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Two men Gordon we both can agree on our legends in this sport Wahoo McDaniel and Harley Race. This is the first time that two World Heavyweight Champions will do battle on television against each other.<p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> I must agree Bob, This promises to be epic match between two living legends in this sport. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH</strong><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Wahoo McDaniel vs Harley Race © w/ Bobby Heenan</span></p><p> In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Harley Race defeated Wahoo McDaniel in 19:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Harley Race makes defence number 8 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating 92</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Dusty Rhodes:</strong> It has been signed finally the last tangle in the jungle as you will. To forces collide next week it's going to be a rumble down in Tampa baby. Harley Race and Dusty Rhodes the bulls of the woods going to clash one more time. Ric Flair it's not going to be Harley Race defending the NWA World Title against you at Starrcade, because after next week I will be NWA World Champion. Rating 90</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 2 OCTOBER 1983 RATING 90 </strong></p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LordJaguar" data-cite="LordJaguar" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Great show man! Keep up the good work, I look forward to going back and reading this from the beginning...</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> Thank you. At the beginning I was struggling at first with pictures and stuff so it looks rough. Trying to find a style that fit for me.</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg</span></div><p></p><p></p><p> <strong>NWA SUNDAY WEEK 2 OCTOBER 1983</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Tonight is the night fans. All the hype that has been building up for this epic showdown is finally here. Dusty Rhodes will finally get his shot at Harley Race the NWA World Heavyweight Champion. <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> It is going to be a special night here in Tampa Bay, Florida. I have known these two men for many years and I know for fact that the NWA World Heavyweight Championship is the ultimate prize in this sport for both of these men. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA MID-ATLANTIC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:</strong><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Brett Sawyer vs Curt Henning © w/ Bobby Heenan</span></p><p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig defeated Brett Sawyer in 12:23 by pinfall with a Fisherman's Suplex. Curt Hennig makes defence number 4 of his NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title. Rating 72</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Since Curt Henning won the NWA Mid- Atlantic Heavyweight title he has been impressive Gordon.<p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> Every challenger that he has faced Curt Henning has defeated them. Not fairly I might add but he is proving to be a worthy champion.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Barry Windham vs Nikolai Volkoff</span><p> In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Barry Windham defeated Nikolai Volkoff in 11:40 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Rating 82</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">The Hart Foundation vs Fabulous Ones</span> <p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Fabulous Ones defeated The Hart Foundation in 12:03 when Steve Keirn defeated Jim Neidhart by pinfall. Rating 81</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Andre the Giant vs Big John Studd</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Andre The Giant defeated Big John Studd in 15:47 when Big John Studd was disqualified when King Kong Bundy ran in and attacked Andre The Giant. Rating 83</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">The Road Warriors vs British Bulldogs</span> <p> In a match that had some good action and a good crowd, The Road Warriors defeated British Bulldogs in 12:24 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Davey Boy Smith by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Rating 86</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Jake Roberts vs Junkyard Dog</span><p> In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, Junkyard Dog defeated Jake Roberts in 16:20 by pinfall with a Thump. Rating 77</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Harley Race</strong>: Tonight in a two out of three falls I must fight Dusty Rhodes. An man who has defeated me twice for this coveted title. I sweat and bleed for this belt it is the ultimate prize in this sport that is professional wrestling. Ric Flair at Starrcade it comes down to one match. Flair the Funks gave you a out by injury you at Clash of Champions. You could of set their and retired and no one would of thought different. Now come Starrcade your going to force me to do what I must do, and that is to beat you like you have never been before in your life. Rating 100</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Roddy Piper vs Buzz Sawyer</span><p> In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Roddy Piper defeated Buzz Sawyer in 16:06 by pinfall. Rating 92</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Dusty Rhodes:</strong> Tonight here in Tampa the world is to witness a spectacle unlike anything ever before. They are going to witness Dusty Rhodes become the three time World Heavyweight Champion. The American Dream tonight is going to reach out and touch the sky. I am the legend killer... I am the King killer... Harley Race your reign is ending tonight that hands of your assassin the American Dream Dusty Rhodes. Rating 100</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">David Von Erich & Kerry Von Erich vs Tully Blanchard & Arn Anderson w/ Bobby Heenan</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David & Kerry Von Erich defeated Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard in 16:27 when David Von Erich defeated Arn Anderson by submission with an Iron Claw. Rating 93</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: 2 out of 3 Falls</strong><p> In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race ended in a draw. Dusty Rhodes started out fast by winning the first fall by school boy roll up. Harley Race battled back taking the second fall by pinfall after a piledriver. The third and final fall was ended by double count out. When both men battled outside the ring and was counted out in 29:32. Dusty Rhodes was highly upset yelling at the referee and shaking his head. Rating 100 </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 2 OCTOBER 1983 RATING 98</strong></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg</span><p> <strong>SUNDAY WEEK 3 OCTOBER 1983</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Welcome to NWA Main Event fans. Last week we witness maybe the match of the year between Dusty Rhodes and Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Title. Though the match did in controversial fashion.<p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> To say the least both men had won a fall a piece when the third fall ended with a double count out after both men took it to the floor and began battling each other. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Well many fans and wrestlers are wondering will they be a rematch or will it have to wait until after Starrcade in five weeks?</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> The NWA Board of Directors and Harley Race know how important Starrcade is but they also know no matter what in sickness or in health NWA World Heavyweight title must be defended against the top challengers around the World. Also tonight we have the ring returns of Ric Flair and Roddy Piper. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Barry Windham & Mike Rotundo vs Hart Foundation vs Koko Ware & Bobby Fulton vs Randy Savage & Lanny Poffo </span> <p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The U.S. Express defeated The Hart Foundation, Fulton & Birdman and Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo in 11:33; the order of elimination was Fulton & Birdman first, then Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo, and finally The Hart Foundation. Rating 78</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Very good match for all four tag teams. Randy Savage looked impressive even in defeat. <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> I think we have the best tag team division in the world. Our next match is Fabulous Ones versus the Road Warriors. Can the Road Warriors redeem themselves?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Road Warriors vs Fabulous Ones</span><p> In a bout that featured great action but not much in the way of heat, The Road Warriors defeated The Fabulous Ones in 12:25 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Stan Lane by pinfall with a Top Rope Powerslam. Rating 85</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Awesome match by these two teams. Well our next match is Junkyard Dog against The Mad Dog Buzz Sawyer. Buzz Sawyer and Tommy Rich are heading for a war at Starrcade.<p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> I think this should be a great match.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Junkyard Dog vs Buzz Sawyer</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Buzz Sawyer defeated Junkyard Dog in 15:41 by pinfall with a Diving Splash. Rating 82</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bobby Heenan</strong>: Every time this man comes out to the ring these humanoids chant Windham! Windham! <em>( fans begin chanting </em><em><strong>Windham!! Windham!!</strong></em><em>)</em> Shut up you humanoids!!<p> </p><p> <strong>Curt Henning:</strong> Jack Brisco, Johnny Valentine, Wahoo McDaniel and the list goes on when it comes to who has held this title. Legends in this business their is no doubt in anyone mind. Barry Windham come Starrcade in five weeks I am going to show why I will be still NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion. They call us both rising stars in this business, well come Starrcade your going to come crashing back down to Earth. Rating 64</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">The Fabulous Freebirds vs British Bulldogs</span><p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Fabulous Freebirds defeated British Bulldogs in 11:06 when Terry Gordy defeated Davey Boy Smith by pinfall with an Oriental Spike. Rating 78</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>An video plays with a dark haired raven man sitting in chair on a porch. The camera is behind him. <strong>Dark Haired Man:</strong> Huss!! Huss!!Huss!! Dusty Rhodes the offer has been made. Lots of money to be made. Your blood will spill across this world. When I come hunting for you. Huss!! Huss!! Huss!! Rating 81</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle</strong>: Who was that Gordon? <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> I couldn't tell you be honest, but it seems someone has offered him money to go after Dusty Rhodes. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Well let's send it to John Cornell who has Harley Race in the back.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>John Cornell</strong>: Mister Race last week here on NWA Main Event you may of well had the match of the year with Dusty Rhodes. People are asking when will you have a rematch with the American Dream?<p> </p><p> <strong>Harley Race:</strong> Well if you looked at the match card for the night you know it's not tonight. Dusty Rhodes I am not ever going to face you again for this World Title. You see for one reason your not the number one contender anymore. Your not even in the top ten anymore. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bobby Heenan:</strong> Dusty Rhodes you never looked at the contract it stated that if you lost the match last week. You will never face Harley Race for the NWA World Title ever again. </p><p> </p><p> <strong>John Cornell:</strong> Hold on Mister Heenan, but I recall it was draw so Dusty never lost the match.</p><p> </p><p> <strong>Bobby Heenan:</strong> Who is holding the NWA World Heavyweight Title? Harley Race is so for all intent and purpose Dusty Rhodes lost the match. So he will never face my client ever again is that understood Cornell? </p><p> Rating 84</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Well I think we have our answer Gordon. <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> Our next match is a exciting six man tag match. Hulk Hogan will team up with Kevin Von Erich and Kerry Von Erich against three members of the Heenan Family World Tag Team Champions the Andersons and the Television Champion Tully Blanchard.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Hulk Hogan & Kerry Von Erich & Kevin Von Erich vs The Andersons & Tully Blanchard</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Ole Anderson and Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard defeated Hulk Hogan and Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 16:12 when Arn Anderson defeated Hulk Hogan by submission. Rating 87</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Tommy Rich & Dusty Rhodes vs The Funks</span><p> In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Tommy Rich and Dusty Rhodes defeated The Funk Brothers in 16:08 when Dusty Rhodes defeated Terry Funk by pinfall with a Bionic Elbow. Rating 96</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Ricky Steamboat vs Nick Bockwinkel</span><p> In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Nick Bockwinkel defeated Ricky Steamboat in 16:07 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rating 78</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Ric Flair:</strong> Greensboro, North Carolina November 24th NWA Starrcade. Race I have stood line and I waited. I have listened to you insult me. I have listen to you go around this whole country telling everyone I was done and you would never wrestle me again for NWA World Championship. That Funks had ended my career. Well Race come Starrcade their will be nowhere to go except heads up in Steel Cage with me the Nature Boy. You know Race like every wrestling fan in this world knows, Ric Flair doesn't mind bleeding. Doesn't mind sweating., doesn't mind paying the price. As long in the end run he gets some licks in himself. This time Harley Race you want to be a man, you recognized as the World Champion. Your going to have to walk down that aisle!! Your going to have to get in the ring and face Nature Boy Head Up!!! I am talking about you and Race!!! WOOO!! Rating 96</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Andre the Giant vs Jake Roberts</span><p> In a match that had excellent in-ring action and a good crowd, Andre The Giant defeated Jake Roberts in 16:06 by pinfall with The Bodyslam. Rating 92</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Ric Flair & Roddy Piper & Wahoo McDaniel & David Von Erich vs Greg Valentine & Jay Youngblood & Gino Hernandez & Jimmy Garvin </span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David Von Erich, Ric Flair, Wahoo McDaniel and Roddy Piper defeated Greg Valentine, Gino Hernandez, Jimmy Garvin and Jay Youngblood in 15:31 when Ric Flair defeated Jay Youngblood by pinfall. Rating 91</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 3 OCTBER 1983 RATING 91</strong></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg</span><p> <strong>SUNDAY WEEK 4 OCTOBER 1983</strong></p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Fans welcome to NWA Main Event here on the USA Network. Our first match of the night will be King Kong Bundy versus Bryan St. John. <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> Some insiders big things from Mister St. John but for some reason I am not seeing it. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Bryan St. John vs King Kong Bundy </span><p> In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, King Kong Bundy defeated Bryan St. John in 5:39 by pinfall with an Avalanche. Rating 59</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Barry Windham vs Gino Hernadez </span><p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Barry Windham defeated Gino Hernandez in 15:02 by pinfall with a Superplex. Rating 63</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA MID-ATLANTIC HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:</strong><p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Curt Hennig defeated Tom Prichard in 12:30 by pinfall with a Hennig Plex. Curt Hennig makes defence number 5 of his NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title. Rating 72</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> Well our next match is kind of strange because it is one of them rare things to happen in wrestling. <p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> I agree with you Bob. Not often you see two villainous teams face off against each other but to night we will see just that. As Hart Foundation get a shot at the World Tag Team Titles held by The Andersons.</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong><p> In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated The Hart Foundation in 16:03 when Arn Anderson defeated Bret Hart by pinfall. Minnesota Wrecking Crew make defence number 6 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 81</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div> A campfire is burning in the darkness. We see alone figure standing at the fire with his back turned to the camera.<p> </p><p> <strong>Dark Haired Man</strong>: Huss!! Huss!! Huss!! I am coming Dusty Rhodes mark my words. King Killer, Assassin, Legend Killer, Stardust, and American Dream all names you call yourself. As easily as I can put this fire out, I am going to spill your blood across this great nation. I am going to put the fire that keeps you driving on as a professional wrestler out. Huss!!Huss!!!Huss!!! Rating 84 </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> It only getting stranger who is that man? What does The American Dream has to say about this man? <p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:</strong><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">British Bulldogs vs Midnight Express © w/ Jim Cornette </span></p><p> In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Midnight Express defeated British Bulldogs in 12:18 when Bobby Eaton defeated Davey Boy Smith by pinfall with an Alabama Jam after Jim Cornette interfered. The Midnight Express make defence number 14 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 77</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH:</strong><p> <span style="color:#0000FF;">Junkyard Dog vs Tully Blanchard © w/ Elizabeth</span></p><p> In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Tully Blanchard defeated Junkyard Dog in 16:06 by pinfall with a Slingshot Suplex. Tully Blanchard makes defence number 5 of his NWA Television title. Rating 82</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">David Von Erich vs Buzz Sawyer</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David Von Erich defeated Buzz Sawyer in 15:34 by submission with an Iron Claw. Rating 90</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><span style="color:#0000FF;">Nick Bockwinkel vs Ric Flair</span><p> In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Ric Flair defeated Nick Bockwinkel in 23:33 by pinfall. Rating 89</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Dusty Rhodes:</strong> Many of men have came out here and told me their coming to put me out of this business. I am still here and I am still wrestling. I am the American Dream, the son of a plumber who has worked his way from the bottom of this sport to the very top of the mountain. You look like your big man well jack the bigger you are the harder your going to fall. When finally you the guts to meet me in the ring. Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel, Tully Blanchard, Curt Henning, and the Andersons let me tell this one time and one time only I am coming to wipe out the whole Heenan Family. At Starrcade Nick Bockwinkel I want you in that ring with me. Rating 100 </div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>Bob Caudle:</strong> This has been a great night of wrestling folks, but we still have our Main Event Andre the Giant getting a shot at the NWA World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race.<p> </p><p> <strong>Gordon Solie:</strong> This is headline match anywhere in the world and we have it right here on NWA Main Event. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="35763" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:</strong><p> In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Harley Race defeated Andre The Giant in 15:37 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Harley Race makes defence number 9 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating 97</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> <strong>NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 4 OCTOBER 1983 RATING 95</strong></p>

Archived