MACW 1983: WarGames

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/th_WCWNitro4_zps61eed93d.jpg

MONDAY WEEK 4 DECEMBER 1983

Bob Caudle: Fans we got a great night action here on the last week of December of 1983. Our first match will be Tom Prichard going against the turncoat Stan Lane.

Gordon Solie: I was shocked that Stan Lane would betray his longtime tag team partner Steve Keirn. Joining it seems the Midnight Express.

Tom Prichard vs Stan Lane w/ Jim Cornette

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Stan Lane defeated Tom Prichard in 11:34 by pinfall with a Savate Kick. Rating 61

Bob Caudle: Jim Cornette is going to be very busy it seems.

Jim Cornette: I am always busy Bob. Gordon how you doing? Stan Lane dropped that has been Steve Keirn Saturday night and is now a member of the Midnight Express.

Gordon Solie: Jim looks like you might have to deal with the Rock "n" Roll Express here sooner or later.

Jim Cornette: I am not here to talk about them two teeny boppers loved by these moronic fans. I give you the greatest tag team going today from the Darkside Beautiful Bobby Eaton and Loverboy Dennis Condrey The Midnight Express!!!

NWA UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

Brad Armstrong & Steve Keirn vs The Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Midnight Express defeated Brad Armstrong and Steve Keirn in 12:03 when Bobby Eaton defeated Brad Armstrong by pinfall with an Alabama Jam after Jim Cornette interfered. The Midnight Express make defence number 1 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 78

David Von Erich: Roddy Piper I think were both disgusted about what happened Saturday night. So I want rematch for the United States title. If you can take time out of your busy schedule picking out dresses to wear. Rating 66

Bob Caudle: Well fans for the first time The Road Warriors will challenge for the World Tag Team titles. I guess dropping Paul Ellering did have it benefits.

Gordon Solie: Well with Ellering these guys never got a shot at the Tag Team champions. So it should be interesting to see what happens in that match.

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

The Road Warriors vs Kerry and Kevin Von Erich ©

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Road Warriors drew with Kevin & Kerry Von Erich in 15:55 following a double disqualification caused when both teams stopped listening to the referee and just began brawling in and out of the ring. Rating 95

Bob Caudle: Well all I can say that was violent. As you would say Gordon it was a pier six brawl the whole time.

Gordon Solie: I agree it was a great violent match. If Ellering was here to focus the Road Warriors they might of won the World Tag Team titles here tonight.

Bob Caudle: Well our next match is the Funks going against the young Armstrong brothers.

Armstrongs vs Funks

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Funk Brothers defeated Scott Armstrong and Steve Armstrong in 6:30 when Terry Funk defeated Steve Armstrong by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rating 65

Owen Hart vs Blackjack Mulligan

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Blackjack Mulligan defeated Owen Hart in 5:33 by submission with The Claw. Rating 74

Blackjack Mulligan: See for the people of Mid- Atlantic if don't understand who I am and what I have done. I have held that United States title four times. I have went up and down the highways and back roads with Ric Flair. I am legend in this business and Ric Flair you owe me a shot at the Ten Pounds of Gold. Until I get the shot your going live in fear of Blackjack Mulligan. Rating 64

Bob Caudle: Gordon I don't know where Mulligan has been but I think his head has gotten messed up a little.

Gordon Solie: Ric Flair is may what to take notice of Mulligan because it seems this man it going back to his old ways. Which is not good for anyone especially whoever he is after and that is Ric Flair at the moment.

Bob Caudle: Well our next match should be an exciting one as it's Dynamite Kid against Randy Savage.

Randy Savage vs Dynamite Kid

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Randy Savage defeated Dynamite Kid in 12:17 by pinfall. Rating 71

Tommy Rich: I have been wrestling all over the place of late. I am sorry fans I couldn't make it to NWA 35th Anniversary show.

The Road Warriors come out and just beat Tommy Rich down to the ground.

Animal: Tommy Rich you cost us down in Georgia. So this is pay back. Kicking Rich in the stomach.

Hawk: Von Erichs this is a message. The Road Warriors are coming for them belts , but first were going take care of some business Chicago style. Rating 71

Ric Flair: WOOO!!! What is the world watching tonight? Ric Flair teaming up for the first time with this man right here.

Dusty Rhodes comes in view of the camera.

Dusty Rhodes: What has brought together.. The American Dream and Nature Boy well it's got to be the Heenan Family. Nick Bockwinkel, Harley Race, and that weasel Bobby Heenan. Right here on Monday Night Nitro were the big boys are. Your going to see the clash of titans four men who have battled and won World Heavyweight Championship clashing in a epic main event. Right here on your television set.

Ric Flair: Nature Boy and American Dream going to be showing these so called Kings of Wrestling what it is all about tonight. Blackjack Mulligan I don't owe you damn thing. Saturday night you threw away every ounce of respect I had for you out the door. So get in line Mulligan because it's a long line of people coming after me and this belt.

Dusty Rhodes: Bruiser Brody.. if you wil...l coming after me will be the one mistake that your going to regret for the rest of your life. Because I am not afraid to bleed but bigger and tougher men have tried to end the American Dream only to fail. Rating 95

Bob Caudle: Well fans that gets me pumped up for our main event tonight.

Gordon Solie: I am being told that Piper's Pit is going to be next with Harley Race as Piper's guest.

Roddy Piper: I would like to welcome the seven time World Heavyweight Champion Harley Race.

Harley Race: Thank you Piper it is honor to be on your show.

Roddy Piper: No thank you. Having class act like yourself on my show. Unlike that punk kid David Von Erich who totally disrespected me last week.

Harley Race: That kid for some reason thinks he is going to be a future World Champion.

Roddy Piper: I think his daddy being feeding him too much baloney over the years. You are the number one contender for the World title. Plus you have a match with the Nature Girl and the American Disgrace tonight with a man I truly admire Nick Bockwinkel.

Harley Race: Tonight Flair and Rhodes are going to learn why myself and Nick Bockwinkel are the best in this business.

Roddy Piper: Yes you two are great I must give you that Mister Race. I have a little challenge for David Von Erich. He wants a shot at my United States Championship. Well I think to get a shot at this title...

Bobby Heenan: I don't think it is the right time Roddy to tell the stipulations at least not tonight let him sweat it out.

Roddy Piper: Your right Bobby until next time this Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper on Piper's Pit.

Rating 77

Bob Caudle: What does Roddy Piper have cooking for David Von Erich?

Gordon Solie: I don't know but it can't be good for David Von Erich.

Terry Funk: It seems people have forgotten about the Funks. Well Von Erichs soon the Funk brothers are going to show who the true kings of Texas really are. Rating 78

Gordon Solie: We wondered Saturday night after the Von Erichs defeated the Andersons who would challenge them for the belts.

Bob Caudle:We got the Road Warriors and The Funks both wanting shots at them titles.

Gordon Solie: Our main event is up next and it should be a great match.

Dusty Rhodes & Ric Flair vs Harley Race & Nick Bockwinkel w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair defeated Harley Race and Nick Bockwinkel in 29:32 when Ric Flair defeated Nick Bockwinkel by submission. Rating 96

NWA MONDAY NIGHT NITRO MONDAY WEEK 4 DECEMBER 1983 RATING 90

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg

SUNDAY WEEK 4 DECEMBER 1983

Lawler & Rich had an interview challenging the Road Warriors to tag match. Rating 68

Lord Humongous and King Kong Bundy defeated Lanny Poffo and Phil La Fon in 5:32 when Lord Humongous defeated Phil La Fon by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rating 49

The Road Warriors defeated Steve Armstrong and Owen Hart in 5:46 when Road Warrior Hawk defeated Steve Armstrong by pinfall with a Flying Fistdrop. Rating 75

After the match Lawler and Rich hit the ring with steel chairs and an brawl between them and Road Warriors break out. Rating 63

Bobby Eaton defeated Steve Keirn in 11:59 by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. Rating 67

The Hart Foundation defeated Sam Houston and Scott Armstrong in 11:36 when Jim Neidhart defeated Scott Armstrong by pinfall with an Anvil Flatnner. Rating 54

Barry Windham and Ricky Steamboat defeated Randy Savage and Stan Lane in 11:44 when Barry Windham defeated Stan Lane by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Rating 78

Hart Foundation lays down a challenge to The Von Erichs for the World Tag Team Titles. Rating 61

Rock and Roll Express defeated Rick Rude and Rick Steiner in 12:26 when Ricky Morton defeated Rick Steiner by pinfall with a Flying Fist Drop. Rating 76

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Fabulous Freebirds in 11:57 when Kerry Von Erich defeated Terry Gordy by submission with an Iron Claw. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich make defence number 6 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 91

Harley Race defeated Tommy Rich in 16:11 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rating 93

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 4 DECEMBER 1983 RATING 86

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD9d3HOKaX52ZR52p3KGck22bKwhcriF8twLTzYfSf6T1MZmqaGQ

1983 YEAR IN REVIEW REPORT

Wrestler of the Year: Ric Flair: This is the second time Mr. Flair has been named Wrestler of the Year. He last won it just last year in 1982.

Young Wrestler of the Year: Buzz Sawyer this is the first time for Mr. Sawyer to win the award.

Veteran Wrestler of the Year: Wahoo McDaniel this is the first time for Mr.McDaniel to win the award.

Female Wrestler of the Year: Lioness Asuka this is the first time for Miss Asuka to win the award.

Independent Wrestler of the Year: Villano I

Manager of the Year: Miss Elizabeth this maybe one of the most shocking wins. Miss Elizabeth managed Tully Blanchard in the NWA to two Television title reigns.

Announcer of the Year: Lance Russell this marks his first time winning the prestigious award.

Color Commentator of the Year: John Cornell

Referee of the Year: Joe Higuchi

Tag Team of the Year: Tully Blanchard and Arn Anderson

Show of the Year: Starrcade'83 held by the NWA

Match of the Year: Ric Flair vs Nick Bockwinkel it comes from NWA Monday Night Nitro Monday Week 1 December 1983

Company of the Year: NWA winning the award for the first time.

Most Improved Company of the Year: Georgia Championship Wrestling

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlvtLOdtwVJaIEl9Tgniax0AfGrhMj_UeYI5EAlAT86mzIuF1LvA

1.NWA / JCP: The National Wrestling Alliance are a National-sized company they are no doubt the Number 1 promotion in the world.

Franchise Players

1. Ric Flair

2. Andre the Giant

3. Harley Race

4. Nick Bockwinkel

5. David Von Erich

Champion Roll Call

NWA World Heavyweight Champion: Ric Flair (2)

NWA World Tag Team Champions: Kerry Von Erich and Kevin Von Erich

NWA United States Champion: Roddy Piper (3)

NWA Television Champion: Tully Blanchard (2)

NWA United States Tag Team Champions: The Midnight Express (3)

NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion: Barry Windham

NWA World Six Man Tag Team Champions: The Von Erichs

Top Event: Starrcade'83

Started 1983 as 6th best company in the world as a Regional company. Ended 1983 as number 1 company in the world and are National.

2. Georgia Championship Wrestling

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRhyYY6WV1dWnL-Eq6BhqZFCpiljSrjHrddSVXtlu3Jh-uMuuiz

GCW is a Cult sized Promotion and clearly the Number 2 promotion in the world.

Franchise Players:

1. Stan Hansen

2. Tommy Rich

3. Jake "The Snake" Roberts

4. Buzz Sawyer

5. Ole Anderson

Champion Roll Call:

NWA National Heavyweight Champion: Ole Anderson 10 title defences

NWA National Tag Team Champions: Ole Anderson and Stan Hansen (2)

Omni Thanksgiving Tournament: Tommy Rich and Super Destroyer

Cadillac Tournament: Stan Hansen

Top Event: The Cadillac Cup held in August of 1983 Rating 92

Top Matches: Buzz Sawyer defeated Tommy Rich GCW TV Sept. Rating 99

Adrian Adonis defeated Buzz Sawyer GCW TV Oct. Rating 98

More to come life is calling

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/th_WCWNitro4_zps61eed93d.jpg

MONDAY WEEK 1 JANUARY 1984

Bob Caudle: I hope everyone has had a happy New Year's day. Tonight we have a special show. The Midnight Express will be doing battle with Rock "n" Roll Express and Steve Keirn.

Gordon Solie: Plus The Von Erichs putting up the tag team titles against the Funks.

Bob Caudle: Dusty Rhodes will try and take the Television title from Tully Blanchard also tonight fans.

Gordon Solie: Well the biggest match of the night. Has to be Harley Race going after Ric Flair and The NWA World Heavyweight title will be on the line.

Bob Caudle: This should be a night no one ever forgets.

The Rock & Roll Express & Steve Keirn vs The Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette

In a bout that featured great action and a great crowd, Steve Keirn and Rock and Roll Express defeated Stan Lane and The Midnight Express in 14:37 when Robert Gibson defeated Bobby Eaton by pinfall with a Rocker Dropper. Rating 98

Bob Caudle: That was just simply an amazing match. The Rock & Roll Express and Steve Keirn got some revenge on the new three man Midnight Express and Jim Cornette.

Gordon Solie: It is a great way to start the show and great way to start off the year.

Tully Blanchard: Dusty Rhodes tonight like everyone else your going to face the bitter heart ache of losing to Tully Blanchard the greatest Television Champion their has ever been.

Elizabeth: Tully is everything a woman wants in man. Dusty only fat cows with no brains would want to be with you.

Rating 94

Kerry Von Erich: Funks tonight your going see who the true kings of Texas truly are. When we beat you retain these World Tag Team titles.

Kevin Von Erich: These belts mean so much to me and Kerry because were family and these belts, show the world together were the best tag team in the world. Rating 80

Bob Caudle: The Von Erichs and The Funks are next this is a main event all the world.

Gordon Solie: Bob every match on the card is a main event tonight.

NWA WORLD TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

The Funks vs Kerry and Kevin Von Erich ©

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Funk Brothers in 22:18 when Kevin Von Erich defeated Dory Funk Jr. by pinfall with a Diving Crossbody. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich make defence number 7 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 97

Bob Caudle: The Von Erichs are still World Tag Team Champions.

Gordon Solie: Well Bob it was another great match brought to you by the NWA. I want to see how the rest of the night shape up. Considering we all ready have had two matches that are sure match of the year candidates.

Dusty Rhodes: Happy New Years to all the American Dream fans out there. Tully Blanchard I am going to make it a bad year for you because I am going to take that Television title away from you tonight.

Elizabeth honey your Perfect Zero. Rating 94

Harley Race: Tonight is all about NWA World Heavyweight Title match. Ric Flair this is going to be the last night you ever hold NWA World Heavyweight Title. Because I am going to take from you and you will never your life beat me for it again. Rating 100

Bob Caudle: Well fans here it is Dusty Rhodes and Tully Blanchard for the Television Title.

NWA TELEVISION TITLE MATCH:

Dusty Rhodes vs Tully Blanchard © w/ Elizabeth

In a match that had excellent in-ring action and great heat from the audience, Tully Blanchard defeated Dusty Rhodes in 36:52 by pinfall after Elizabeth knocked out Dusty with her purse. Tully Blanchard makes defence number 10 of his NWA Television title. Rating 86

Gordon Solie: What in the world did Elizabeth have in that purse?

Bob Caudle: I don't know Gordon, but Dusty Rhodes is still not moving. Fans as you can see whatever was in that purse knockout Dusty Rhodes and above his eye is bleeding severely.

Ric Flair: Tonight Harley Race is last time your coming after this title. Because after tonight I am done dealing with you and the rest of the Heenan Family. Blackjack Mulligan I will say it again we were once friends, but it is over between us. Come Bunkhouse Stampede I am going to beat you in that ring just like I am going to beat Harley Race tonight. Rating 99

Gordon Solie: Fans here it is the rematch from Starrcade'83 for The NWA World Heavyweight Title.

NWA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH:

Harley Race w/ Bobby Heenan vs Ric Flair ©

In a superb bout that had great wrestling and a sizzling crowd, Harley Race defeated Ric Flair in 60:26 by pinfall with a Piledriver. Blackjack Mulligan came down and hit Flair in the back with NWA World Heavyweight Title. Harley Race wins the NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating 99

Gordon Solie: Harley Race is the new NWA World Heavyweight Champion for a record 8th time.

Bob Caudle: You know Gordon the NWA Board of Directors are going to have something to say about how Race won this match.

Gordon Solie: Fans that is all we have for tonight. Make sure you tune into NWA Main Event this Sunday.

NWA MONDAY NIGHT NITRO MONDAY WEEK 1 JANUARY 1984 RATING 97

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_NWAMainEvent_zps7c825986.jpg

Sunday WEEK 1 JANUARY 1984

Bobby Eaton and Stan Lane defeated Steve Keirn and Tom Prichard in 15:30 when Bobby Eaton defeated Tom Prichard by pinfall with an Alabama Jam. Rating 86

Andre The Giant defeated Lord Humongous in 11:51 by pinfall with The Bodyslam. Rating 80

The match is over, and Andre is celebrating. Lord Humongous looks angry, and Bundy comes down to the ring beating Andre down. Rating 80

Harley Race comes out and brags about winning the NWA World Heavyweight Title Monday night. Telling Flair it was going to be along time until he got another shot for the belt. Rating 100

, Barry Windham defeated Lanny Poffo in 11:35 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Barry Windham makes defence number 4 of his NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title. Rating 80

Jim Crockett Jr. comes out and announces Harley Race is wrong. The NWA Board of Directors have decided that Mister Race shall defend the NWA World Heavyweight title at NWA Monday Night Nitro against Ric Flair and that Blackjack Mulligan is banned from the arena. Rating 76

Ric Flair comes out and hypes his rematch with Harley Race at NWA Monday Night Nitro Saying he is going to regain his World title on Monday night. Rating 100

Minnesota Wrecking Crew defeated Scott & Steve Armstrong in 5:58 when Ole Anderson defeated Steve Armstrong by submission with a Standing armbar. Rating 69

, British Bulldogs defeated Rick Steiner and Phil La Fon in 5:58 when Davey Boy Smith defeated Rick Steiner by pinfall with a Powerclean Lift and Diving Headbutt. Rating 51

Lawler & Rich defeated Rick Rude and Barry Darsow in 11:39 when Jerry Lawler defeated Rick Rude by pinfall with a Piledriver. Rating 73

The Road Warriors come out and a brawl breaks out between them and Lawler and Rich. Rating 64

Roddy Piper defeated Brad Armstrong in 15:56 by submission. Rating 86

The Hart Foundation defeated Sam Houston and Owen Hart in 5:58 when Bret Hart defeated Sam Houston by pinfall with a Victory Roll. Rating 59

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 1 JANUARY 1984 RATING 72

JCP HEADQUARTERS CHARLOTTE,NC

It's five in the morning and at my work behind my desk. My phone hasn't stopped ringing since Monday night when we hotshot the NWA World Heavyweight Championship from Ric Flair to Harley Race. NWA Board of Directors are fuming over it. Jim Crockett Jr. busts through my door wide awake. That isn't a good thing especially at five in the morning.

John Cornell: Damn it Jim can't I get my first cup of coffee in before ruin my day?

Jim Crockett Jr. : You already know the answer to that John. I got Fritz Von Erich calling me constantly asking me what were planning to do with Mike Von Erich considering we just hired him.

John Cornell: Well I would like to say it's because I am sending down to TCW but that isn't the case. Considering I am not planning on keeping him here very long.

Jim Crockett Jr.: What plans do you need Mike for? I mean hell why don't you go out and hire Fritz as well. We already have all four of his sons under contract.

John Cornell: Guess what I got David, Kerry, and Kevin all clean and off drugs. They are doing better working under me than with Fritz. Hence why Kevin and Kerry are giving us the best matches of their young careers.

Jim Crockett Jr.: They work for World Class and Puerto Rico the last time I checked as well as us. You really think we are not the sole reason their doing so good?

John Cornell: No I checked with Pro Wrestling Illustrated their matches are rated better when I am booking them than when I am not. Plus David is working for us and Fritz's only. Though it is interesting that David is playing heel in World Class.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Still doesn't explain why you have Mike here?

John Cornell: Mike has a purpose and only three people know of that purpose. David Von Erich, Ric Flair, and me.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Mike doesn't know why he is here? Why the hell would Flair know what your planning with Mike?

John Cornell: No he doesn't and no offense Jim you don't need to know anything either about Mike's purpose or why only David and Ric knows. It would spoil the surprise.

Jim Crockett Jr.: Like how you hotshot the World title to Race without even telling me your boss? I have had every promoter in the NWA crying foul over that stunt.

John Cornell: Well to be honest their really going to be pissed by the time I am done. Because what I have in the works is going set this industry ablaze. NWA is brand name because of us. The war is coming Vince needs one piece of the puzzle to go national and trust me he is about to get it.

This is for Olympia.

CADILLAC CUP

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQdjL6qgqnYh3mAuFVFAHKYRQZrQHvMD8d8qN6eSo5SaHfoDqPC

OLE ANDERSON DEFEATED DUSTY RHODES RATING 92

BUZZ SAWYER DEFEATED JAKE ROBERTS RATING 90

TOMMY RICH DEFEATED MASKED SUPERSTAR RATING 77

STAN HANSEN DEFEATED ADRIAN ADONIS RATING 93

BUZZ SAWYER DEFEATED OLE ANDERSON RATING 93

STAN HANSEN DEFEATED TOMMY RICH RATING 91

CADILLAC CUP FINALS

STAN HANSEN DEFEATED BUZZ SAWYER RATING 92

CADILLAC CUP WINNER:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRAA2sgb5H2pM03LNCjr-NigVdY6J8KTnC89i_atgSPB-fgFqI

STAN HANSEN

Sunday Week 2 January 1983

Harley Race hypes his rematch with Ric Flair tonight. Rating 94

David Von Erich defeated Barry Darsow Rating 80

An video plays of Bruiser Brody telling Dusty Rhodes he is coming for him Rating 79

The Hart Foundation defeated Mike Von Erich & Owen Hart Rating 66

Jim Cornette tells the Rock and Roll Express that come Bunkhouse Stampede the Midnight Express are going to beat the Rock and Roll Express to a bloody pulp Rating 77

Dusty Rhodes defeated Blackjack Mulligan Rating 93

Dusty Rhodes tells Bruiser Brody he is that is scared of Dusty, and just for him the American Dream is going to become the American Nightmare. Rating 91

Tully Blanchard defeated Wahoo McDaniel to retain T.V. title Rating 89

Ric Flair gets on the mic hypes his rematch with Harley Race tonight. Rating 95

Ric Flair defeated Harley Race for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship Rating 99

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 2 JANUARY 1983 RATING 95

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_WCWNitro4_zps30e55a8d.jpg

MONDAY WEEK 3 JANUARY 1984

Bob Caudle: Monday Nitro Night is back!! We have a great show for you tonight. The Freebirds will be in action tonight. Our main event should be a good one the team of Ric Flair and David Von Erich will be in action tonight.

Gordon Solie: Fans if you missed Sunday night's NWA Main Event you missed a great show. Harley Race lost the NWA World Heavyweight title to Ric Flair on the show. So the last man standing match between Blackjack Mulligan and Ric Flair will be for the NWA World Heavyweight title at Bunkhouse Stampede.

Bob Caudle: Let's get to the ring for our first match. Midnight Express versus British Bulldogs.

NWA UNITED STATES TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH:

British Bulldogs vs Midnight Express © w/ Jim Cornette

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Midnight Express defeated British Bulldogs in 11:39 when Dennis Condrey defeated Davey Boy Smith by pinfall with a Piledriver. The Midnight Express make defence number 3 of their NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 82

Bobby Heenan: I would like to introduce a young man who is a second generation star. Though he has been mistreated and misguided by his Father. Myself and Nick Bockwinkel has seen this young man for the last year struggling to scrape even a win together. I would like to introduce the world to my newest client and newest member of the Heenan Family... Brad Armstrong.

Brad Armstrong: Thank you Mister Heenan having faith in me unlike, all these fans and my father Bob Armstrong. I was fired over a year ago down in Atlanta. Do you know what my father told me?

Bobby Heenan: No Brad I don't but please tell me and the world.

Brad Armstrong: That he was ashamed of me. That wished that Barry Windham was his son and not me. Well dad I am going to show that I am better than Barry Windham and when I am finally done with my career. Their going to say that I was not only the greatest Armstrong to ever wrestle but one of the greatest wrestlers to ever lace up a pair of boots. Rating 42

Bob Caudle: I can't believe Bob Armstrong would ever say that to Brad or any of his sons.

Gordon Solie: I was in Georgia when Brad was let go and I never heard Bob Armstrong say anything like that towards Brad. Bob Armstrong has always talked very highly of his sons.

Bob Caudle: Well Bobby Heenan's newest client is in our next match against Tom Prichard.

Tom Prichard vs Brad Armstrong w/ Bobby Heenan

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Brad Armstrong defeated Tom Prichard in 11:58 by pinfall with a Russian Leg Sweep. Rating 62

David Von Erich: Ric Flair congratulations on winning your third NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Flair we have became allies in our fight with the Heenan Family. I know your a great champion and your fighting Blackjack Mulligan at Bunkhouse Stampede. Hell I am fighting Roddy Piper at Stampede. I am just saying at want a shot at the title. Rating 95

Barry Windham: Brad I don't understand why you have to align yourself with a man like Bobby Heenan, but it is your choice. You mentioned my name twice in your interview. Well if you want to see who the best is come Bunkhouse Stampede how about me and you hook up in a match for this the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title? Rating 63

Bob Caudle: Well fans you just heard David Von Erich challenge Ric Flair for NWA World Heavyweight Championship. Plus Barry Windham coming out and wanting to put the title up against Brad Armstrong at Bunkhouse Stampede.

Gordon Solie: A lot of fans would love to see a match between Flair and Von Erich, but doesn't Barry Windham have a match already signed for Bunkhouse Stampede against fellow Heenan Family member Curt Hennig.

Bob Caudle: Your right Gordon. I wonder what Bobby Heenan, Curt Hennig and Brad Armstrong has to say about this challenge?

Steve & Scott Armstrong vs Fabulous Freebirds

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Fabulous Freebirds defeated Scott & Steve Armstrong in 6:27 when Michael Hayes defeated Steve Armstrong by pinfall with a DDT. Rating 66

Greg Valentine: Tonight I am teaming up with the Russian Bear Ivan Koloff to take on Ric Flair and David Von Erich. Ric and David tonight your going to see what happens when The Russian Bear and The Hammer team together your going to be in a world of hurt.

Ivan Koloff: Tonight you shall fall at our hands. Also Mother Russia has called and told me coming to America will be my nephew Nikita. The Pride of Mother Russia. To all Americans he will be a nightmare an Russian Nightmare. Rating 78

Ric Flair: First off Harley Race you said I wouldn't beat you for this Ten Pounds of Gold. Well jack look what I got and you don't have anymore. WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Blackjack Mulligan Bunkhouse Stampede is going to be it. Only one man is going to be able to answer the count of ten. I promise I am not losing this title to you. David Von Erich tonight we are fighting two veterans of the squared circle. Right now they are my main concern not when or even if I give you a shot at this title. Rating 100

Bob Caudle: I think Ric Flair is right being concerned more about facing Valentine and Koloff tonight than facing Von Erich sometime in the future.

Gordon Solie: I agree Flair is being smart. Did you here what Ivan Koloff said about his nephew is coming here to the United States? Fans who don't know Ivan Koloff is one of the most decorated wrestlers in this sport. He is a former World Champion beating the legendary Bruno Sammartino years ago.

Bob Caudle: Gordon I agree if his nephew is anything like The Russian Bear people are going to be in trouble. Fans let get to our next match Tommy Rich teaming up with Kerry Von Erich against the Road Warriors.

Gordon Solie: It should be an excellent contest.

Tommy Rich & Kerry Von Erich vs Road Warriors

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Kerry Von Erich and Tommy Rich defeated The Road Warriors in 15:51 when Road Warrior Hawk was disqualified after smashing Tommy Rich over the head with a steel chair . Rating 97

Bob Caudle: The Road Warriors are certainly uncontrollable now since Paul Ellering is gone. I hope Tommy Rich is ok after being smashed several times with that steel chair?

Gordon Solie: The Road Warriors has shown a viciousness I haven't seen out of them before since firing Precious Paul Ellering.

Bob Caudle: Fans our next match is Andre the Giant & Dusty Rhodes teaming up against King Kong Bundy and the monster known as Lord Humungous.

Gordon Solie: Andre is certainly looking for some payback after the attack on him two weeks ago.

Andre the Giant & Dusty Rhodes vs King Kong Bundy & Lord Humungous w/ Jimmy Hart

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Andre The Giant and Dusty Rhodes defeated King Kong Bundy and Lord Humongous in 16:30 when King Kong Bundy was disqualified when he hit Andre The Giant with Jimmy Hart's megaphone. Rating 90

Bob Caudle: That was a good match until Bundy hit Andre with the megaphone.

Gordon Solie: It only dazed Andre though. This feud is still heating up.

Bob Caudle: Well our main event is next Ric Flair and David Von Erich versus Ivan Koloff and Greg Valentine.

Gordon Solie: It should be another great match, but the question remains how will David and Ric work together since David has made it clear he wants an match for the title.

Bob Caudel: They will work fine together both men are professional.

Ric Flair & David Von Erich vs Greg Valentine & Ivan Koloff

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Greg Valentine and Ivan Koloff defeated David Von Erich and Ric Flair in 16:08 when Greg Valentine defeated Ric Flair by submission with a Figure-Four Leglock. Rating 94

Ric Flair and David Von Erich are in the locker room. They're arguing over who was to blame for their earlier loss. Neither looks happy with the situation, but they put their differences aside and leave together. Rating 84

NWA Monday Night Nitro WEEK 3 JANUARY 1984 RATING 93

I must say this is looking good. I have really enjoyed reading. Different than how it was back in the 80's but interesting. One question. Do you plan on forming the horsemen anytime soon and if so who do u think about putting in it and when??

First off thank you I am glad your enjoying it. Can't wait to see what you do with yours. It is different than the 80's that is correct but I am trying to keep close to reality as possible. Most of the angles and stories and promos are actual promos from the people I am using in the game. With changes being made by me to fit where I want the story to go. I am actually about to start in the world of what if because of David Von Erich. What if he had lived and what if he won the NWA World title.

When I used Genadi's TGA mod to create War to Settle the Score mod I want it to be accurate but have the player be able to change history.

David Von Erich and Magnum TA are two of the biggest what if's in wrestling history at least to me they are. Because Flair would of been facing David at Starrcade'84 for the title not Dusty. What if Dusty didn't have the book of JCP would of Wahoo got the title shot he deserved at Starrcade'84 instead of facing Billy Graham.

Yes the Four Horsemen are coming and the Four men are on the roster already. A certain person will never be a horsemen because I thought it was horrible that he was in the first place but he hasn't debut yet anyways in the game world.

The reason for the Four Horsemen coming together will get clearer as I go on with story I am telling. Hulk Hogan kind of threw wrench in my plans for one storyline and still scrambling to find a replacement for him.

One of the great things about DOTT diaries I have read is they tell a different story than what happened but yet at their core they stayed true to the wrestlers they were using. Putting their on twists on history I am trying to bring the NWA on the national stage like Vince did.

Plus your going to find out in your game world if you don't change the narratives that the WWF is about to jump to National in 1984. Georgia is going to crash and burn just like in real life. Can they survive yes but how long will they is the question.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQvKFJZVjFnFNlMiOr5tAIeUunmToAi6Juc8KDLLur3scex3QKWYQ

This match was banned from professional for one night only it will return at Bunkhouse Stampede. The Dog Collar Steel Cage Match. It has been said it is the brutal match type to ever been conceived.

Plus the winner of the thirty man Bunkhouse Stampede will get the Golden Boot $50,000 dollars plus the winner will face The NWA World Heavyweight Champion at SuperBrawl II.

Bunkhouse Stampede Match Card:

NWA World Heavyweight Title Match: Last Man Standing:

Blackjack Mulligan vs Ric Flair©

NWA United States Title Match: Dog Collar Steel Cage Match

David Von Erich vs Roddy Piper ©

NWA World Tag Team Title Match:

Kerry Von Erich & Kevin Von Erich © vs The Funks

NWA Television Title Match:

Tully Blanchard vs Dusty Rhodes

NWA United States Tag Team Title Match;

The Rock & Roll Express vs The Midnight Express

NWA Mid Atlantic Tile Match: Barry Windham© vs Curt Hennig W/ Bobby Heenan

The Road Warriors vs Jerry Lawler & Tommy Rich

NWA Bunkhouse Stampede:

Andre the Giant, Brad Armstrong, Dusty Rhodes, Wahoo McDaniel, David Von Erich, Tully Blanchard, Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, King Kong Bundy, Lord Humungous, Randy Savage, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Steve Keirn, Stan Lane, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine, Ricky Steamboat, Ivan Koloff, Davey Boy Smith, Bret Hart, Dynamite Kid, Jim Neidhart, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich., ???,???, ??? Three mystery wrestlers.

former tag partners and mortal enemies. should be a killer match

right up Piper's alley. David will be a tough test, but not tonight

make a bad night for the Von Erichs. Sounds like they may be regrouping for some big deal down the road. Giving the Funks the win and the belts sets up a good long feud with the 2 Texas families. Funks could replace the Freebirds as the thorn in the Von Erichs.

Tully seems to always have Dusty's number (I think it was because Tully's dad played a big part in getting Dusty started in the biz, and maybe Rhodes was repaying him in some way)

NWA Bunkhouse Stampede:

Andre the Giant, Brad Armstrong, Dusty Rhodes, Wahoo McDaniel, David Von Erich, Tully Blanchard, Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, King Kong Bundy, Lord Humungous, Randy Savage, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Steve Keirn, Stan Lane, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine, Ricky Steamboat, Ivan Koloff, Davey Boy Smith, Bret Hart, Dynamite Kid, Jim Neidhart, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich., ???,???, ??? Three mystery wrestlers.

This was always Dusty's forte

Sunday Week 3 January 1984

The Road Warriors and Lawler & Rich are backstage; an argument breaks out, and all four of them start brawling. A host of road agents and staff have to pull them apart. Rating 58

Lord Humongous and King Kong Bundy defeated Scott & Steve Armstrong in 6:01 when King Kong Bundy defeated Scott Armstrong by pinfall with a Big Splash. Rating 53

Blackjack Mulligan defeated Davey Boy Smith in 11:57 by submission with The Claw. Rating 72

Brad Armstrong defeated Dynamite Kid in 12:28 by pinfall with a Russian Leg Sweep. Rating 69

Roddy Piper: David Von Erich you want my belt well come get it in Dog Collar Steel Cage Match. The last time this match type happened it sold out the Superdome at Bunkhouse Stampede I am going to show you it's the size of the dog, but the fight in the dog, and brother I got a lot of fight in me. Rating 77

The U.S. Express defeated The Hart Foundation in 12:22 when Barry Windham defeated Bret Hart by pinfall with a Superplex. Rating 67

Michael Hayes defeated Kevin Von Erich in 12:11 by submission. Rating 83

Blackjack Mulligan: Ric Flair I am going to make you bleed all over the arena at Bunkhouse Stampede. Your going to lose a lot of blood and be black and blue after I am done with you. Most importantly your going to be a former World Champion once again. Rating 80

Road Warrior Hawk defeated Jerry Lawler in 12:04 by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Rating 83

Andre The Giant defeated Terry Funk in 16:27 by pinfall with The Bodyslam. Rating 90

NWA MAIN EVENT SUNDAY WEEK 3 January 1984 Rating 85

Sucks that Nitro is off the air already, any chance of grabbing another show to use as your headliner?

NWA Bunkhouse Stampede:

Andre the Giant, Brad Armstrong, Dusty Rhodes, Wahoo McDaniel, David Von Erich, Tully Blanchard, Harley Race, Nick Bockwinkel, Ole Anderson, Arn Anderson, King Kong Bundy, Lord Humungous, Randy Savage, Michael Hayes, Terry Gordy, Steve Keirn, Stan Lane, Roddy Piper, Greg Valentine, Ricky Steamboat, Ivan Koloff, Davey Boy Smith, Bret Hart, Dynamite Kid, Jim Neidhart, Kerry Von Erich, Kevin Von Erich., ???,???, ???

Nitro is still on the air. I screwed up and skipped the show trying to be slick with add new player. I was trying to get Hogan signed by the WWF. Found out the reason he doesn't sign with WWF. I put it this way unless somebody jumps to National they can't sign him. An he refuses to come back to work for me at the moment.

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_WCWNitro4_zps30e55a8d.jpg

MONDAY WEEK 4 JANUARY 1984

Bob Caudle: Fans welcome to NWA Monday Night Nitro. We have a great show on hand.

Gordon Solie: Yes we do Bob. Our first match is a young wrestler who has been making a great name for himself over in Mid-South Wrestling Magnum TA.

Bob Caudle: He is a exciting young wrestler a lot people have this young man pegged as a future world champion.

Magnum TA vs Rick Steiner

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Magnum T.A. defeated Rick Steiner in 5:34 by pinfall with a Belly To Belly Suplex. Rating 52

Bob Caudle: That was exciting match a great debut for Magnum TA.

Gordon Solie: Rick Steiner was a game opponent tonight, but Magnum TA was too much for him.

Ric Flair: Blackjack Mulligan it's coming me and you stepping in that ring one more time. Last man standing match two men enter and only one will walk away, while the other will be stretchered out. Rating 79

Bob Caudle: Well coming up next is Brad Armstrong facing Sam Houston.

Gordon Solie: Brad has changed a lot in the last couple of weeks since he joined up with Bobby Heenan.

Brad Armstrong vs Sam Houston

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Brad Armstrong defeated Sam Houston in 5:55 by pinfall with a Russian Leg Sweep. Rating 57

Bob Caudle: Brad Armstrong looked good out there. I think he is slowly moving back up the ranks.

Gordon Solie: Well Barry Windham challenged Brad Armstrong to a match at Bunkhouse Stampede. But he already has a match with Curt Heenig another member of Heenan Family.

Bob Caudle: Well our next match is the Funks going against the Armstrong boys.

Scott and Steve Armstrong vs The Funks

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The Funk Brothers defeated Scott & Steve Armstrong in 5:34 when Terry Funk defeated Scott Armstrong by submission with a Spinning Toe Hold. Rating 67

Bob Caudle: Our next match is Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham teaming up to go against Hart Foundation.

Mike Rotunda and Barry Windham vs Hart Foundation w/ Jimmy Hart

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, The U.S. Express defeated The Hart Foundation in 12:30 when Barry Windham defeated Bret Hart by pinfall with a Superplex. Rating 68

Bob Caudle: That was a very good match. Our next match is Randy Savage going against Dynamite Kid.

Dynamite Kid vs Randy Savage

In a match that had some good action but non-existent crowd heat, Dynamite Kid defeated Randy Savage in 11:31 by pinfall with a Diving Dynamite. Rating 72

David Von Erich: Roddy Piper you claim your going to beat me and leave me lying in the ring at Bunkhouse Stampede. Piper I am going to stomp a mudhole right through you. Rating 66

Kevin Von Erich vs Road Warrior Hawk

In a bout that featured great action and average heat, Kevin Von Erich defeated Road Warrior Hawk in 12:16 by submission with an Iron Claw. Rating 87

Bob Caudle: Both men looked good out there.

Gordon Solie: Tonight is kind of interesting because Kevin is usually teaming with Kerry and David doing single matches, but it is reversed tonight because David and Kerry will be battling Arn Anderson and Tully Blanchard in our next match.

Kerry and David Von Erich vs Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard w/ Bobby Heenan

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, David & Kerry Von Erich defeated Arn Anderson & Tully Blanchard in 15:56 when David Von Erich defeated Tully Blanchard by submission with an Iron Claw. Rating 95

Gordon Solie: That was a excellent match. Our next match is featuring the team of Dusty Rhodes and Andre the Giant going against the Fabulous Freebirds.

Bob Caudle: It should be outstanding match.

Andre the Giant & Dusty Rhodes vs The Fabulous Freebirds

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Andre The Giant and Dusty Rhodes defeated The Fabulous Freebirds in 16:17 when Andre The Giant defeated Terry Gordy by pinfall with The Bodyslam. Rating 96

NWA MONDAY NIGHT NITRO WEEK 4 JANUARY 1984 RATING 91

WEDNESDAY WEEK 4 JANUARY 1984

Magnum T.A. defeated Barry Darsow in 6:09 by submission with a Figure Four Leglock. Rating 56

Ric Flair: Bunkhouse Stampede the what we started years ago will come to an end. Because Blackjack Mulligan I am going to show how tough I really am. Rating 94

The Hart Foundation defeated British Bulldogs in 12:23 when Bret Hart defeated Davey Boy Smith by submission with a Sharpshooter. Rating 80

Jim Cornette: Morton and Gibson you have fought the Midnight Express all over the world. Every time Beautiful Bobby and Loverboy Dennis has beaten you. So I am here to tell you Bunkhouse Stampede is just going to be more of the same. Rating 80

The U.S. Express defeated Randy Savage and Lanny Poffo in 12:21 when Barry Windham defeated Randy Savage by pinfall with a Flying Lariat. Rating 85

King Kong Bundy defeated Billy Jack Haynes in 12:10 by pinfall with a Big Splash. Rating 69

Dory Funk Jr.: Bunkhouse Stampede Von Erichs this about gold. This is about Texas and who is the Kings of Texas. You might younger than my brother but were whole lot meaner and tougher.

Terry Funk: Kerry Von Erich were going to beat you and that punk brother of yours like your nothing but two mangy old yeller belly dogs. Rating 84

Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Fabulous Freebirds in 12:03 when Kerry Von Erich defeated Terry Gordy by submission with an Iron Claw. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich make defence number 8 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 84

Steve Keirn and Rock and Roll Express defeated Stan Lane and The Midnight Express in 12:17 when Ricky Morton defeated Bobby Eaton by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Rating 94

Wahoo McDaniel, Dusty Rhodes and Ric Flair defeated Blackjack Mulligan and The Funk Brothers in 16:03 when Ric Flair defeated Dory Funk Jr. by submission. Rating 99

NWA MAIN EVENT WEDNESDAY WEEK 4 1984 RATING 96

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSvlcv0GyqZ8o5wVFWeBSnZeb4Wnl9wgGJthO8GiMsYhd6Z9p5wJg

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRc0gwOlIjNQEQR4Lhb-dqypifq1WzSO4ZNWOLl14Mtm0TavOh2RA

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYXsHqfe-wLTWVWyo09kdvtykyQ13hfKD_0DsSVTIpXuvbT_GsDA

FRIDAY WEEK JANUARY 1984

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/mXrb7dAQ9Y0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bob Caudle: Fans welcome to the second annual Bunkhouse Stampede!!

Gordon Solie: Fans we have great night of action for you tonight. All the titles in the NWA will be on the line tonight. Plus the Bunkhouse Stampede match. Where the winner gets the golden boot $ 50,000 dollars plus a match at Super Brawl II for the NWA World Heavyweight Championship.

Bob Caudle: Everybody wants to win that Bunkhouse match to get the money and the title shot.

Gordon Solie: Well our first match is for the NWA Mid-Atlantic title. Barry Windham the champion against former champion Curt Hennig. Who would like nothing better to become a two time NWA Mid-Atlantic champion.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/otqZnCE7i2Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v508/IrWrestler86/iDOM%20Pics/bth_Curt-Hennig.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_BobbyHeenan_tex_zps7615170d.jpg

Curt Hennig w/ Bobby Heenan

VS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/RcqD1Qa-L7c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_BarryWindham_zps0d1e9d7e.jpg

NWA MID ATLANTIC HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION

BARRY WINDHAM

Windham and Henning put a show on for the first match of the night. The fans got behind Barry Windham as he was winning the fight at the beginning of the match. Only to have Curt Hennig take over when the match hit the 15 minute mark both men hit their big moves to try to finish the match. Windham hit a flying lariatand got a two count on Hennig. The Brain was going nuts at ringside yelling instructions to his man. Than finally Hennig ducked a second flying lariat and using the ropes for leverage got the pin with a schoolboy roll up. Curt Hennig wins the NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight title. Rating 80

Bob Caudle: Fans that was a great match. I can't believe Curt Hennig is the new NWA Mid-Atlantic Heavyweight Champion.

Gordon Solie: Bobby Heenan was going nuts I don't think he thought Curt was going to pull out the victory.

Bob Caudle: I know Barry Windham is upset but it was still a great match by him.

Gordon Solie: Well our next match is Jerry Lawler and Tommy Rich doing battle against the Road Warriors.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/I4s0nzsU1Wg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1011.photobucket.com/albums/af237/JohnnyFever78/Wrestling/bth_Lawler.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_TommyRich2_zps67910cc4.jpg

Jerry Lawler and Tommy Rich

VS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NuaIC-qt9KY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_RoadWarriorAnimal_zpsb7a7a934.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_RoadWarriorHawk_zps3e56790c.jpg

The Road Warriors

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Road Warriors defeated Lawler & Rich in 15:36 when Road Warrior Animal defeated Jerry Lawler by pinfall with the Doomsday Device. Rating 85

Bob Caudle: That was a violent affair Gordon to say the least.

Gordon Solie: Lawler and Rich gave it their all but it wasn't enough against the Road Warriors. I think their aiming for the NWA World Tag Team titles. I don't think they care if its going to be the Von Erichs or Funks as champions.

Bob Caudle: I think you might be right Gordon. Our next match is another chapter in on going war between the Midnight Express and Rock "n" Roll Express.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/evQckDoiNXk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_RickyMorton_zps1bb6046e.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_RobertGibson_zps16060bd3.jpg

The Rock "n" Roll Express

VS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8oABCSY0z1g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_BobbyEaton_zpsb61b8ead.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_DennisCondrey_zps10235709.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_JimCornette_zpsb3a5e6b7.jpg

NWA United States Tag Team Champions

The Midnight Express w/ Jim Cornette

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Rock and Roll Express defeated The Midnight Express in 24:50 when Ricky Morton defeated Dennis Condrey by pinfall with a Missile Dropkick. Rock and Roll Express win the NWA United States Tag Team titles. Rating 91

Bob Caudle: Fans we have new United States Tag Team Champions the Rock and Roll Express!!

Gordon Solie: Morton and Gibson have been chasing after the gold for months and now they finally can say they beat the Midnight Express.

Bob Caudle: Look at Jim Cornette he is livid that his men have lost the match and the titles.

Gordon Solie: It was a great match put on by both teams. I really don't think it was a loser in that match.

Bob Caudle: Well Gordon this may be a blessing in disguise for the Midnight Express. You never they could go after World Tag Team titles now if they wanted too.

Gordon Solie: Well fans were ready for our next match which will pit Tully Blanchard against Dusty Rhodes for the Television title. Lets go to the ring for introductions.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TiUcp_GeLNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_DustyRhodes_zpsd173cf2f.jpg

"The American Dream" Dusty Rhodes

VS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6uILjHqfH60" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u111/Jeven316/bth_TullyBlanchard.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_Elizabeth_Tex_zps55fa105a.jpg

NWA Television Champion

Tully Blanchard w/ Elizabeth

They tie up in collar and elbow tie up. Tully pushes Dusty in the back of a corner. The crowd is hot as these two men battle it out. Dusty pounding on Tully with punches. Tully tries to hit a piledriver but Dusty blocks it. Dusty got Tully wheeling it looks Dusty is going to win the title tonight. Dusty uses the bionic elbow and Tully is laying motionless in the middle of the ring. Elizabeth jumps on the apron and starts screaming at the referee Randy Anderson who turns his back. Not seeing Dusty covering Tully. Stan Hansen sneaks into the ring and stands behind Dusty. When Dusty turns Hansen smashes a cowbell right into Dusty's forehead knocking Dusty out cold. Stan Hansen drags Tully over and puts him on top of Dusty. Hansen disappears down the aisle as the ref turns around and counts the pinfall. Tully Blanchard makes defence number 12 of his NWA Television title. Rating 90

Gordon Solie: What in the world is Stan Hansen doing here? He is not under contract with the NWA.

Bob Caudle: I thought he was at a show in Japan.

Gordon Solie: Dusty Rhodes should of won that match. He should be the new Television champion.

Bob Caudle: Well Gordon the referee back was turned and never saw Stan Hansen's interference.

Grodn Solie: Stan Hansen won the match for Tully Blanchard that seemed like it was planned especially with Elizabeth jumping on the apron like she did.

Bob Caudle: Let's got to the ring for our next match.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/7c6wH3GQN2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_DoryFunkJr_zps27736622.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_TerryFunk_zps948469a7.jpg

The Funk Brothers

VS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QYKwzEvx5M4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_KevinVonErich_zps3cadb5b6.jpghttp://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_KerryVonErich_zps2ad79c7b.jpg

NWA World Tag Team Champions

The Von Erich Brothers

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Kevin & Kerry Von Erich defeated The Funk Brothers in 23:53 when Kerry Von Erich defeated Terry Funk by submission with an Iron Claw. Kevin & Kerry Von Erich make defence number 9 of their NWA World Tag Team titles. Rating 96

Bob Caudle: An great match I really thought the Funks were going to win the match.

Gordon Solie: Well the Von Erichs are showing that they are a great tag team and their going to hold on to them belts for a very long time.

Bob Caudle: Our next match is a good one. It's Dog Collar Steel Cage match between David Von Erich and Roddy Piper over the United States title.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/SE1xO44FlME" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_DavidVonErich_zpseb374cb0.jpg

David Von Erich

VS

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/W3lqlT6h5As" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_RoddyPiper_zps4936755c.jpg

NWA United States Heavyweight Champion

Hot Rod Rowdy Roddy Piper

Piper and David walk around the ring checking the cage. It seems both men are reluctant to put the dog collars on. When both men finally do it's a tug war to see who can get leverage. Piper and David beat each other almost half to deat in that ring. David smashes Piper's face into the cage. Busting him wide open blood is pouring out of Piper's wound. David than wraps the chain around his fist and just starts hitting Piper in his wound. Piper staggers away from David only to be yanked by the chain and falls flat on the ground. David then picks up Piper off the mat it looks like he is about to suplex him. When Piper nails David in the groin. Taking the big man down to his knees. Piper wraps the chain around David's neck and begins choking the life out of him. David is about to go limp when all of sudden he is able to grab the chain yank with all his might, and throw Piper into the side of the cage. David than applies the Iron Claw. Piper is screaming in pain as David puts more pressure on Piper's head. The referee stops the match as Piper has stop moving. He passed out from the pain. David Von Erich defeated Roddy Piper in a Dog Collar Steel Cage Match match in 29:46 by submission with an Iron Claw. David Von Erich wins the NWA United States Heavyweight title. Rating 95

Bob Caudle: My God I have never seen anything like that before in my life. I thought Tommy Rich and Buzz Sawyer match at Starrcade'83 was brutal but that takes the cake Gordon.

Gordon Solie: In all my years in this business I must say thatwas one of the brutal matches I have ever witnessed.

Bob Caudle: David Von Erich is the new United States champion but Gordon look at him. He is covered in blood from head to toe.

Gordon Solie: Some of that blood is from him and some of it is from Roddy Piper. I think both men are going to need to go to the hospital after that match.

Bob Caudle: I have to agree with you Gordon. Our next match is a last man standing match between NWA World Heavyweight Champion Ric Flair putting the title on line against once his old friend Blackjack Mulligan.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/C8QXcDu-2lE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l98/da_kine_brah/th_bmilig1.jpg

Blackjack Mulligan

VS

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PU0dS9lgIP8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a627/john_handley1/Jim%20Crockett%20Promotions/th_RicFlair2_zpsf9dd6c64.jpg

NWA World Heavyweight Champion

"Nature Boy" Ric Flair

In a superb bout that had great wrestling and a sizzling crowd. Flair and Mulligan battled inside and outside the ring. Mulligan beat the living daylights out of Ric Flair. The blood was flowing from Flair like it was a river. He wore a crimson mask and so did Blackjack who was given as good as he gave in this match. Ric Flair used a steel chair to finally to knockout the big man from Texas. Ric Flair defeated Blackjack Mulligan in a Last Man Standing match in 21:33 when Blackjack Mulligan could not beat a ten count. Ric Flair makes defence number 1 of his NWA World Heavyweight title. Rating 94

Bob Caudle: Fans Ric Flair I think just showed why he is the world champion in this match. I mean he fought Mulligan all over the place in his type of match.

Gordon Solie: I agree with you Bob. Our next match is about to start.

Bob Caudle: The Bunkhouse Stampede who will win the $50,000 dollars and title match at SuperBrawl II?

The Bunkhouse Stampede Match

In a bout that featured great action and great heat from the crowd, Wahoo McDaniel won a Bunkhouse Stampede in 36:44. The other members of the 'final four' were Andre The Giant, Roddy Piper and Dusty Rhodes, with Andre The Giant being the final elimination. Andre The Giant got the most eliminations over the course of the match. Wahoo McDaniel wins the BunkHouse Stampede Trophy title. Rating 80

BUNKHOUSE STAMPEDE FRIDAY WEEK 4 JANUARY 1984 RATING 84

Archived