Jack Avatar - MAW (C-Verse)

Can't really pick out a specific element because it was the entire flow and feel of it that I enjoyed. It was an old-school wrestling show with it's own self-contained storyline in addition to those story elements set up to carry over to future shows.

I find it quite difficult to set up a small fed show that feels like one coherent story rather than a sequence of unrelated segments, so I appreciate seeing it well done.

Am glad that it gives you that old-school feel as that is what I was going for. When I go to work on what is going to happen in the shows, I have to remind myself that this is a small federation. That means that they are not going to have things like the Jumbo-Tron or televised segments. So everything that happens has to happen within the ring, otherwise it didn't happen as far as the audience in the arena goes. But I do enjoy writing old-school wrestling so I am glad that it shows.

On the technical side, I enjoyed the formatting (especially the use of colour), but I would suggest additional vertical spacing between segments.

Glad you liked the formatting. I have to admit to stealing some of it from The Ismailite. Look up his WCW Black Saturday diaries from TEW 2007 if you want to read some amazing old-school death of the territories stuff. As far as the vertical spacing, that is something I will take under consideration for my next show. :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/MAW/SammyBach.jpg

SAMMY BACH JAILED FOR 15 YEARS!

The wrestling world is in shock right now as Judge Hans Hammerstein placed down a ruling that TCW wrestler Sammy Bach has been convicted of second degree murder following a bar fight after a TCW television show taping. TCW representatives have stated that they have no comment right now but will be making a statement within the coming days.

The wrestling world is in shock right now as Judge Hans Hammerstein placed down a ruling that TCW wrestler Sammy Bach has been convicted of second degree murder following a bar fight after a TCW television show taping. TCW representatives have stated that they have no comment right now but will be making a statement within the coming days.

He hasn't been the same since splitting with Emma Chase...

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/MAW/JackAvatar.jpg

January 2013

... Stanley Hall ...

[Not very many people got to see me wrestle on my first night with Mid-Atlantic Wrestling. There were only about one hundred people within their seats when Sam Keith sent myself and George Wolfe out there to warm up the crowd. Then again I'm not sure that you can call what I did 'wrestling.' Basically my gimmick is me getting my behind handed to me by whatever wrestler Sam decides to throw in the ring with me. I am not even allowed to land a punch until Sam gives me the okay. This means that I was destroyed by George until he finished me off with the Running Powerslam. Following the match, Sam sent off four more men to wrestle a four corners match. I approached Sam backstage.]

Jack Avatar: "So, how did I do, Sam?"

Sam Keith: "You did alright, kid. It was about what I expected coming from a couple of guys that the crowd doesn't really know and who need more experience in the ring."

[i wasn't exactly sure how to handle the backhanded compliment that Sam was giving me. So, I lifted my shoulders and shrugged.]

Jack Avatar: "Thanks, Sam. I'm gonna hit the shower."

[i headed to the shower stall and stepped in, letting the water wash over my body. I closed my eyes and felt it trickle down my face and then there was a burst of cold water that had my eyes flash open and chills run through my body. Standing near me in the shower was the Mid-Atlantic Champion [b]Cameron Vessey[/b]. He smirked at me, shaking his head.]

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a226/shawkes/MAW/CameronVessey.jpg

Cameron Vessey: "You've got to leave the hot water for us veterans, rookie. You better stay here and watch my match tonight."

[There was quite a few things that I could say to the second generation wrestler. Instead, a smile curved my lips.]

Jack Avatar: "Thanks for letting me know."

[i turned and continued my now-cold shower, doing my best to ignore Vessey. After all, it kills a prank when the person ignores it, right?]

I smell a new gimmick in 2028!

MAW Wrestling Classic

Double Debut Match

JD Morgan vs. Bob Casey

Comment:

Six Man Tag Match

George Wolfe, Bradley Blaze and The Architect vs. Happy Elwood and The Lost Cause

Comment:

Mid Atlantic Tag Team Titles Match

The Dynamite Express defend vs. The Aces Of Mayhem

Comment:

Robbie Wright vs. KC Glenn

Comment:

Mean Jean Cattley vs. Citizen X

Comment:

Mid-Atlantic Championship Match

Cameron Vessey defends vs. Bret Starr

Comment:

Double Debut Match

JD Morgan vs. Bob Casey

Comment:

Six Man Tag Match

George Wolfe, Bradley Blaze and The Architect vs. Happy Elwood and The Lost Cause

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Double Debut Match

JD Morgan vs. Bob Casey

Comment:

Six Man Tag Match

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Double Debut Match

JD Morgan vs. Bob Casey

Comment:

Six Man Tag Match

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

Comment:

I'm not familiar with a lot of these workers, but I'll take a stab:

Double Debut Match

JD Morgan vs. Bob Casey

Comment: But I will be totally rooting for Bob

Six Man Tag Match

Comment: Established team on one side, and I believe more overness (could be wrong though)

Comment:

Comment: Smells like a developing feud. Heel wins first.

Comment:

Comment: Not feeling a change yet. Bret's going to have a long, hard journey first.

Archived