WCW '96: History rewritten

In the history book of wrestling we all know that Eric Bischoff took over WCW and would go on to take it higher than it has ever been before. We also know that he would also help kill the company. What you don't know is he almost didn't get the chance. Interviewing before Eric was a young man named JT "Sweet" Jones. What if he didn't blow his interview? What if he took control of WCW instead of Eric Bischoff...

Ladies and gentlemen WCW and TEW would like to present to you WCW '96: History Rewritten!

WCW '96 History Rewritten Champions

World Champion

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/ric_flair.jpg

Ric Flair

Tag Team Champions

http://thehistoryofwwe.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/roadwarriors002.jpg

The Road Warriors

U.S. Champion

http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4629846876359035&pid=1.7

Ron Simmons

TV Champion

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/902/626/Chris_Kanyon__Chris_Kluscaritis_06_display_image.jpg?1358154985

Chris Kanyon

WCW '96:History Rewritten Roster as of Week 1 Jan 96

Active Workers

"Das Wunderkind" Alex Wright

"Double A" Arn Anderson

Barry Windham

"Big" Bubba Rogers

"Big" Ron Studd

Booker T

Brian Knobbs

Brian Pillman

Bunkhouse Buck

Chris Kanyon

Dave Finlay

"The Iceman" Dean Malenko

"Diamond" Dallas Page

"Dirty" Dick Slater

Earl Robert Eaton

Eddy Guerrero

"The Disco Inferno" Glen Gilberti

"The laughing man" Hugh Morrus

Hulk Hogan

Ice Train

Jerry Sags

"Hacksaw" Jim Duggan

John Tenta

Johnny B. Badd

Kenny Kaos

"The Taskmaster" Kevin Sullivan

Kurasawa

Lex Luger

Lord Steven Regal

Marcus Bagwell

Meng

Mike Rotunda

Mr. JL

One Man Gang

"Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff

Randy Savage

Ric Flair

"Road Warrior" Animal

"Road Warrior" Hawk

Robbie Rage

Ron Simmons

Scott "Flash" Norton

Scotty Riggs

Squire Dave Taylor

Stevie Ray

Sting

The Barbarian

The Giant

The Renegade

Wild Pegasus

Zodiac

Managers

Colonel Robert Parker

(Bunkhouse Buck and Dick Slater)

Daffney

(Chris Kanyon)

Elizabeth

(Randy Savage)

Jimmy Heart

(Hugh Morrus, John Tenta, Meng, One Man Gang, and The Barbarian)

Kimberly

(DDP)

Kevin Sullivan

(The Giant and Zodiac)

Lanny Poffo

(Lex Luger)

Madusa

(Eddy Guerrero)

Paul Orndorff

(The Renegade)

Sister Sherri

(None)

Sonny Onoo

(Kurasawa)

???

(Ron Studd, Kenny Kaos, and Robbie Rage)

Stables

1st Family

(Jimmy Heart {Leader} Hugh Morrus, John Tenta, Meng, One Man Gang, and The Barbarian)

The Dungeon of Doom

(Kevin Sullivan {Leader} The Giant, Zodiac)

The Four Horsemen

(Ric Flair {Leader})

The Ultra Powers

(Hulk Hogan {Leader} Randy Savage, and Sting)

Tag Teams

1/2 Ton of Terror

(John Tenta & One Man Gang)

American Males

(Marcus Bagwell & Scotty Riggs)

Fire and Ice

(Dean Malenko & Scott Norton)

Good Old Boys

(Bunkhouse Buck & Dick Slater)

Harlem Heat

(Booker T & Stevie Ray)

Nasty Boys

(Brian Knobbs & Jerry Sags)

Real American Heroes

(Jim Duggan & The Renegade)

Road Warriors

(Hawk & Animal)

Savage Fury

(Meng & The Barbarian)

The Blue Bloods

(Lord Steven Regal & Earl Robert Eaton & Squire Dave Taylor)

Xtreme Dominance

(Robbie Rage & Kenny Kaos)

Comissioner

Dusty Rhodes

Announcers

Events

(Tony Schiavone, Mike Tenay, and Bobby Heenan)

Monday Night Nitro

(Tony Schiavone, JT Sweet, and Bobby Heenan)

Saturday Night Slam

(Mike Tenay, Eric Bischoff, and Larry Zbyszko)

Worldwide

(JT Sweet, Lee Marshall, and Steve "Mongo" McMicheal)

On Air Interviewer

"Mean" Gene Okerlund

First off big thanks to Burning Hamster for this great '96 real world mod I tweaked. Now to the first card...

Nitro 1st week Jan.

Barry Windham vs. Arn Anderson

Road Warriors vs. 1/2 Ton of Terror

TV Title Match

Alex Wright vs. Chris Kanyon

Eddy Guerrero vs. Wild Pegasus

The Ultra Powers vs. The Good Old Boys

Ric Flair vs. Sting

PLUS MORE!!!!

WCW Monday Nitro

Live from the Rupp Arena

Attendance = 23,500 SOLD OUT!

Announcers:

Tony Schiavone, JT Sweet, and Bobby Heenan

"Hello and welcome to another edition of Monday Night Nitro live here on TNT! As always I'm Tony Schiavone and tonight I'm joined by Bobby "the brain" Heenan and a new comer to WCW, JT Sweet."

"Tony, you forgot to tell the people why JT is joining us tonight. It's sayonara Dusty Rhodes and hello JT. Welcome JT, anyone is better than listening to Dusty Rhodes am I right?"

"If you don't want to listen to Dusty Rhodes than you're going to be sorry in just a minute Bobby because he will be out here in a moment in what shall soon be a defining moment in WCW."

"I hate to interrupt guys but I just wanted to say how honored it is to be here among such greats in wrestling announcers."

"Well, we are...

"Tony be quiet. He was obviously referring to me. You're welcome JT and just remember my coffee gets two sugars."

"When are we getting rid of you Bobby?"

"Days after you're fired Tony".

"Guys, it looks like it's time for that Dusty Rhodes announcement."

Dusty Rhodes comes out to a huge reaction from the crowd. Rather unusually he is wearing a three piece suit. He steps into the ring and grabs a mic.

"Does it feel great to be out here in front of all of you! For the one of you who doesn't know...I am the American Dream Dusty Rhodes! Now I gotta tell y'all that I will no longer be the voice of choice here in WCW. I've been relieved of my announcers duties effective as of 12 O' clock this afternoon!"

The crowd boos loudly but Dusty raises his hands to silence them.

"I appreciate the sentiment baby but there is no reason to be upset. You see, the reason I am no longer announcing here in WCW is beacues I am the new commissioner of WCW baby!"

Huge pop from the crowd!

"I am now the voice of law and order. The keeper of the peace if you will. Now my first order of business is to give my man Sting a rematch against the Nature Boy Ric Flair at Uncensored! Now then, last night at Starrcade you retained that world title because Lex Luger decided to interject himself in the match, not because you were the better man. Now, to insure that we don't get a repeat of last nights debacle we are going to be surrounding the ring at with lumber jacks baby. That's right, 8 men selected by myself will personally keep all your buddies out and both of you in the ring baby! Enjoy the rest of the show people...

Huge announcement by the American Dream. I'm not sure how to react but if I know Flair he is livid."

Livid doesn't even come close to how upset Flair is sure to be. Dusty and Flair have had some wars Tony, and now Dusty has all the power to make Flair's life a living hell."

"Say what you will guys, but we all know Dusty to be a fair man. I don't see him taking advantage of his position and obviously neither does the WCW board or they wouldn't have given him the job"

"That's because you sir are a humanoid. Dusty is already taking advantage of his power and I'm sure the 8 men he chooses will have reason to make sure Flair is robbed of his title."

"Opinions here are mixed folks but we have to take a short break. When we come back, Arn Anderson is taking on Barry Windham!

commercial break

Arn Anderson vs. Barry Windham

In a classic back and forth match, Arn Anderson defeated Barry Windham after a huge spine buster.

Winner: Arn Anderson

"Huge win by the former horseman. Perhaps Ric was too quick to disband the group."

"Ric doesn't dead weight like Arn holding him back."

"Holding him back Bobby? Isn't Arn the man who helps Ric weasel himself victory time after time."

"If anyone knows about being a weasel it's you Bobby"

1/2 Ton of Terror vs. The Road Warriors

In a all out brawl The Road Warriors defeated 1/2 Ton of Terror by DQ after Jimmy Heart hit Animal over the head with his megaphone.

Winners: The Road Warriors

"The Road Warriors win but it sure doesn't look that way guys."

After the match 1/2 Ton of Terror assaulted The Road Warriors. They continued their assault until Harlem Heat ran out and fought them off. The Road Warriors got on their feet and shook Harlem Heat's hands as Nitro went to commercial.

"Looks like the Harlem Heat has turned over a new leaf here tonight."

"It does look that way. Maybe we'll learn more after this break."

commercial break

TV Title Match

Alex Wright vs. Chris Kanyon{C} w/Daffney

In a bout that had solid in-ring action but non-existent crowd heat, Chris Kanyon defeated Alex Wright in 8:28 by pinfall with a Kanyon Kick (super kick). During the match we also had Daffney distract Wright. Chris Kanyon makes defence number 1 of his WCW World Television title.

Winner: Chris Kanyon

"Once more Daffney helps Chris Kanyon pick up a win."

"I'm not sure how she didn't make Alex Wright deaf with those yells and screams."

"She could scream with me any time guys..."

Fire & Ice vs. The Real American Heroes

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Fire & Ice defeated Real American Heroes in 7:36 when Scott Norton defeated The Renegade by pinfall with a Fire Bomb (power bomb).

Winners: Fire & Ice

"Fire & Ice pick up another win and perhaps move closer to getting a title shot. We'll be back in a few..."

commercial break

When we return to Nitro, Ric Flair is in the ring with a mic in hand.

Wooo! Are we in Ric Flair country or what? There are lots of issues we need to discuss, so hold your applause until the end. First off, Dusty Rhodes...if you couldn't take this belt from me with you're own hands what makes you think you could with your pen? Sign whatever match you want, stack the deck in Sting's favor, it doesn't matter. I am the world champion now and I will be the champion until the day I die! Speaking of Sting, it looks like we get to face off one more time. And just like all the other times, Ric Flair will be walking out the winner. Now on to Lex Luger. You want a shot at this title? You need to earn it! Prove to me and these fans you deserve a shot and then I'll grant you one. Lastly, and certainly least is the former Horseman Arn Anderson. Arn, you were never on my level before and you surely aren't on it now. Woo! Tonight I beat Sting like he owes me money and I give each of you a preview of Uncensored.

"I told you two, Ric doesn't need anyone."

"We'll see about that at Uncensored."

Eddy Guerrero w/Madusa Micelli vs. Wild Pegasus

In a match that had some good action but not much in the way of heat, Wild Pegasus defeated Eddy Guerrero in 7:48 by pinfall after a Flying Headbutt.

Winner: Wild Pegasus

"Wild Pegasus picks up a big win here guys. Perhaps Eddy needs to step up his game if he hopes to make it to main event."

The Giant w/Kevin Sullivan vs. Ron Simmons

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, Ron Simmons drew with The Giant in 8:22 following a double disqualification. The match also had a lot of interference: Lord Steven Regal targeted Simmons, Earl Robert Eaton attacked Simmons, Squire David Taylor attacked Simmons, Kevin Sullivan attacked Simmons, Zodiac attacked Simmons, and finally Lord Steven Regal interfered against Giant.

Winner: DRAW

The Giant and Ron Simmons will be looking to get pay back on the Blue Bloods. I wouldn't want to be Lord Steven Regal next week."

commercial break

Returning from break we find Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage talking to Sting in the locker room.

"Listen up brotha. If Lex Luger or any other punk wants to get involved me and Mach will be there to put them in their place!"

"OOOh yeah! Hulk is telling it like it is brother. And if my brother thinks he can turn Lex on us and get away with it he better be prepared for the madness!"

Hogan...Savage...Sting! We are the Ultra Powers! You say you got my back, then Ric Flair better watch out because the Stinger is coming out full force!

"Looks like the Ultra Powers are united despite Lex turning his back on them at Starrcade."

"If you ask me, Lex did the right thing. Those three were just holding him back and with Lanny Poffo at his side, he'll be World Champ soon."

The Ultra Powers vs. The Good Old Boys

In a bout that featured great action and a good crowd, The Ultra Powers defeated Good Old Boys in 8:21 when Randy Savage defeated Dick Slater by pinfall.

Winners: The Ultra Powers

"Hogan lets Macho Man do all the work and they pick up a win here tonight."

Ric Flair vs. Sting

In a superb bout that had great wrestling and a sizzling crowd, Ric Flair defeated Sting in 7:36 by submission with a Figure-Four Leg Lock as he grabbed the ropes for leverage..

Winner: Ric Flair

"Ric wins tonight, but I know Sting...wait a minute is that Arn Anderson?

After the bout Arn Anderson comes out.

Ric! You say you're better than me...well, Dusty Rhodes has given you a chance to prove it! Next Week on Nitro, Arn Anderson vs. Ric Flair...for the World Heavyweight Championship!

WCW Saturday Night Slam

Live from the Gallagher-Iba Arena (Mid South)

Attendance = 13,600 SOLD OUT!

Announcers:

Mike Tenay{orange}, Eric Bischoff{purple}, and Larry Zbyszko{grey}

Welcome to another edition of WCW Saturday Slam! I'm the professor Mike Tenay and with me as always is the Living Legend Larry Zbyszko and Eric Bischoff. Tonight we have a huge show for you. In the main event we have Sting teaming up with none other than Arn Anderson to take on their former friends Ric Flair and Lex Luger! This will be the first time in WCW history that Arn and Ric will be on opposite ends of the ring.

If you ask me Mike, it's about time! Arn has been in Ric's shadow far too long and now is his chance to become his own man once more.

I agree Larry. Arn is was of the greatest wrestlers in the world but all people ever seem to think about him is that he is Ric's sidekick.

Speaking of champions, we have Ron Simmons taking on Zodiac in our opening match. Let's go to the ring...

Ron Simmons vs. Zodiac w/Kevin Sullivan

Despite attacking Ron before the bell, Zodiac was on the defensive for most of the match. Just as Ron had Zodiac down after a huge side slam Kevin jumped up on the apron. The ref turned his back on the action to get Kevin down when The Giant ran out and attacked Ron. Ron and The Giant slugged it out as the ref turned around and called for the DQ.

Winner: Ron Simmons by DQ!

Another win by Ron Simmons, and another interference. Last week it was Lord Steven Regal and now it's The Giant! Wait! It appears the Dungeon of Doom isn't finished with him just yet.

Following the match Zodiac nailed Ron with a low blow allowing The Giant to grab Ron around the neck and deliver a huge Chokeslam! The Dungeon of Doom walked out with the U.S. Title as Ron laid in the center of the ring.

If The Giant ever improved his skill to match his power, he would be unstoppable guys.

Putting Ron out like that is no easy task, but The Giant made it look like child's play. And he took that U.S. Title with him.

I'm sure Dusty is going to let this stand guys, but right now we need to take a short break.

commercial break

We're back and we have the TV Champion Chris Kanyon going one on one with Mr. JL. Kanyon has been impressive lately and you just know he's looking to prove that he is the future of WCW.

He isn't the only one Mike. Several guys in the back believe they are the one to take WCW into the new millennium and it will be interesting to see how long Kanyon can hold that TV Title with the entire locker room trying to take it from him.

WCW TV Championship Match

Chris Kanyon{c} w/Daffney vs. Mr. JL

In a fast paced match featuring a lot of near falls, Chris Kanyon used a distraction by Daffney to nail Mr. JL with a Kanyon Kick and pick up the win.

Winner: Chris Kanyon!

Kanyon retains the title and once again he owes a huge thanks to Daffney.

If you ask me, the key to beating Kanyon is nullifying Daffney. As long as she can get involved, she will and it will be bad for you.

Even if you take Daffney out of the equation you still have to worry about that Kanyon Kick that has put out countless men. I mean, that thing nearly took his head off!

Up next, The Road Warriors are facing off against two members of The Blue Bloods, Earl Robert Eaton and Squire Dave Taylor!

Don't forget that Lord Steven Regal will be at ringside Mike. He's sure to be a factor in the matches outcome.

The Road Warriors vs. The Blue Bloods w/Lord Steven Regal

The Road Warriors dominated the match and if it wasn't for Lord Regal's constant interference The Blue Bloods wouldn't have had any offense. The match ended with a huge Doomsday Device being delivered to Squire Taylor.

Winners: The Road Warriors

And that is why they are the tag team champions.

They were rather impressive, and one wonders if Earl Eaton had his former tag team partner Stan LAne with him if things would be different.

No time to speculate guys, I have word there is a commotion in the back.

The camera shifts to the back as Sting is being attacked by Lex Luger and Ric Flair. Luger has Sting in a full nelson as Ric unloads rights and lefts. Just as Flair has Sting measured for a shot to the face Arn Anderson runs into the scene and nails Ric with a forearm. Lex releases Sting and goes for Arn only to get nailed with an elbow. Lex and Ric gather themselves up and leave as security closes in on the scene. Arn tends to Sting who is slumped on the floor.

commercial break

Cowardly attack by Ric and Lex. I hope Sting is able to compete later.

That attack just highlighted two things Mike. First off, Ric and Lex are on the same page unlike Sting and Arn. Two, they singled out Arn as the weak link and tried to take out the bigger threat Sting represented. Things are getting interesting around here guys.

It looks like Arn will not only have to fight his former friend Ric, but he may have to face Lex as well in a 2 on 1 affair.

One can only hope not, but in the meantime let's go to the ring for Eddy Guerrero and Diamond Dallas Page.

Eddy Guerrero w/Madusa vs. Diamond Dallas Page

Eddy took things to Dallas early and controlled much of the match. Things took a turn when Dallas landed a Diamond Cutter, but Eddy was able to get a foot on the ropes. As Dallas went for a second Diamond Cutter Eddy reversed it into a huge back drop. Eddy landed a Frog Splash for the win.

Winner: Eddy Guerrero

Impressive win by Eddy! Now, it's time for our main event.

Arn Anderson and Sting vs. Ric Flair and Lex Luger

Arn came out alone and struggled to stay competitive against two world class athletes. When all seemed lost, Sting came out to the ring with his ribs wrapped. He turned the tide momentarily but a qick knee to his gut turned things back in favor of Lex and Ric. The match ended with Ric and Arn slugging it out at ringside while Sting tapped out to a Torture Rack.

Winners: Lex Luger and Ric Flair

Huge win by Lex! That's all for this week be sure to tune in to WCW Worldwide this Sunday for more great WCW action.

Huge signings in WCW

WCW has signed the following workers to contracts...

Terry "Bull" Gerin(Rhino), Scott Steiner, Bam Bam Bigelow, Kris Cage(Christian), Cactus Jack, Johnny Flamingo(Raven), Greg Helms, Brian Armstrong(Road Dawg), Adam Copeland(Edge), La Parka, Konnan, Jeff and Matt Hardy, Chris Jericho, Rey Misterio Jr., and Alexandra York(Marlena aka Terri Runnels)!

WCW Worldwide Sunday week 1 Jan.

Johnny B. Badd vs. Big Ron Studd

The Nasty Boys vs. Fire & Ice

Savage Fury vs. Harlem Heat

Main Event

Chris Kanyon vs. Scott Steiner

WCW Worldwide!

Live from the Gallagher-Iba Arena (Mid South)

Attendance = 13,600 SOLD OUT! {Taped with Saturday Slam}

Announcers:

JT Sweet{green}, Lee Marshall{cyan}, and Steve McMichael{sienna}

Welcome to WCW Worldwide! As always it is going to be Saweeeeeeeet! I'm your head announcer JT Sweet and with me as always is Lee Marshall and Steve "Mongo" McMichael.

What an intro by the newest voice here in WCW.

Indeed Lee. I don't know about you two but I am looking forward to tonight's show. It's looking to be a real brawl baby.

That it is Mongo. But before we get to the action it seems we are going to here from the one and only Arn Anderson!

Arn comes out to a huge pop. He looks slightly uncomfortable in his grey suit as he enters the ring.

Thank you for the warm welcome. I truly appreciate the support of each and every one of you fans. Now then, it's time I get down to business. For the last several years I put my career on hold in order to help my cousin Ric become the biggest name in this industry. I've past up title shots, big name opponents, oversees tours, and lots and lots of money from New York. I've sacrificed my health, my legacy, and my financial stability and all I ever wanted in exchange was the same appreciation you just gave me from Ric Flair. Now I know you blame me for Benoit and Pillman...and I have said time and time again they were my fault Ric. I recommended them, I trained them, I told you they were ready. Now, I had no way of knowing Pillman would fall off his rocker...and Benoit, well he was just a casualty of the business Ric. He went up against Lex Luger and he learned first hand why that Torture Rack of Lex's is so deadly.

So there you go Ric, I admit I screwed up with those two. However, you screwed up when you lost the World Title to Hogan back in May. And as I recall, if it wasn't for me Ric...he would still have it! Now, I'm saying all of that Ric to say this...I will become the World Champion on Nitro or I will walk away from this business. That's right...I'm risking my career because I know I can beat you! Now, unlike several other people, when I say I will retire if I lose I mean it! It's all or nothing come Nitro. One of us will lose everything they hold dear Ric...and I am going to do everything I can to make sure it's you!

WOW! Arn is gambling his future on his match with Ric.

People have always wondered just who would win if those two faced off and now we are going to get the answer.

Folks, as we try to wrap our heads around this situation let's go to the ring for our first match.

Big Ron Studd vs. Johnny B. Badd

Ron dominated the match and made short work of the former TV Champion.

Winner: Big Ron Studd!

What a debut for Big Ron Studd! He looks even more deadly than his father, Big John Studd.

He reminds me of my former teammate the fridge. Studd just used his size to dominate Johnny B. Badd the way Fridge used to bang the ball in for a TD!

He does look like a force to be reckoned with here in WCW.

Indeed fellas. When we return from commercial, Fire & Ice take on the Nasty Boys!

commercial break

Fire & Ice vs. The Nasty Boys

Scott Norton used his size and strength to push Knobbs and Saggs around. For his part, Malenko used the technical prowess he has to keep The Nasty Boys off their game. In the end, Norton lifted Saggs up and power-bombed him on top of Knobbs' back as Knobbs was receiving a Texas Cloverleaf from Malenko.

Winners: Fire & Ice

Unique move by Fire & Ice as they pick up the win. These guys look ready to challenge the tag team champs if you ask me.

Indeed JT. Between the power of Norton and the skill of Malenko these guys are the, excuse the phrase, total package.

Look at Norton, he's built like a linebacker and he does his job of defending Malenko as Malenko runs it in for the win.

I guess...Moving on, we have another great match coming up as Big Bubba Rogers takes on newcomer Greg Helms.

Big Bubba Rogers vs. Greg Helms

Helms tries to use his speed to take Rogers down but their size difference is just too great. Rogers finishes up things quick with a vicious back breaker followed by a running knee drop.

Winner: Big Bubba Rogers

commercial break

As the show comes back, Kevin Sullivan, The Giant, and Zodiac are in the ring. Zodiac and The Giant look menacing as Kevin begins to speak.

I was given one mission...destroy Hulk Hogan! Over the past months I and my Dungeon of Doom have come close. However, we were plagued by those who did not truly believe in our cause. Now, we have weeded those people out and what stands before you is a renewed Dungeon of Doom. One who cares nothing for championships or even wins. The only thing we care about is destroying Hulkamania and any who would side with it.

Lately we have come under attack from The Blue Bloods and Ron Simmons, but we don't care! We won't allow ourselves to be distracted by anything. We are focused like a laser beam and we are aimed right at the heart of Hulkamania! Next Saturday on WCW Saturday Slam...I'm bringing a HUGE surprise for you Hogan. One that even you won't be able to defeat! Ha, ha, ha!

It looks like the Dungeon of Doom is not done trying to destroy Hogan and this could be big trouble for the Ultra Powers. I wonder just what or who this surprise is.

The Ultra Powers already suffered the defection of Lex Luger so the numbers game has once more turn to the side of the Dungeon of Doom with the addition of their surprise. Judging by the last surprise, The Giant, I know this one is going to rock the company.

Up next two members of the 1st Family, Savage Fury are taking on Harlem Heat.

Savage Fury vs. Harlem Heat

Meng and Booker T start things off with some back and forth. Soon Stevie Ray and The Barbarian are in the ring and the match turns into total chaos. After a few minutes the ref has no choice but to DQ both teams!

Winners: DRAW!!!!

Tough break for both teams. A win by either team could have set them up for a shot at the Road Warriors and the tag belts.

Either team has the power to match up with the Road Warriors if you ask me and it is a real shame we didn't get a winner here tonight.

After the break we get our main event as Chris Kanyon defends the TV Title against a returning Scott Steiner!

commercial break

TV Title Match

Chris Kanyon{c} w/Daffney vs. Scott Steiner

Steiner takes the fight to Kanyon and he gets several near falls early in. Kanyon does get things going after a distraction by Daffney, but Scott is able to turn things back in his favor in no time. As Scott has Chris set up for the Franken-Steiner, Daffney slides into the ring and nails him with the TV Title. The ref calls for the DQ as Daffney and Kanyon flee the scene.

Winner by DQ: Scott Steiner!

Ooh, Kanyon keeps the belt yet again. I'm telling you folks that as long as he has Daffney in his corner he will be champ for a long time. Well, that's all the time we have...On behalf of Lee MArshall and Steve McMichael, thanks for watching and goodnight!

WCW Monday Nitro week 2 Jan 1996

Eddy Guerrero vs. Wild Pegasus

TV Title Match

Chris Kanyon{c} w/Daffney vs. Johnny B. Badd

Fire & Ice vs. Harlem Heat

Scott Steiner vs. Lord Steven Regal

Main Event WCW World Championship Match

Ric Flair{c} vs. Arn Anderson

and so much more!

• 4 weeks later...

Eddy Guerrero vs. Wild Pegasus - yeah it's eddie

TV Title Match

Chris Kanyon{c} w/Daffney vs. Johnny B. Badd on tv, the champ wins

Fire & Ice vs. Harlem Heat -to be honest I needed one right hand colum winner

Scott Steiner vs. Lord Steven Regal - I like regal, I love watching him loose.

Main Event WCW World Championship Match

Ric Flair{c} vs. Arn Anderson -yep champions don't loose on tv

and so much more! - cause if more wins we all win

Archived