Iceisle Picture Pack

[uPDATE: April 12th] Click here for the latest version.

After boofhead71 uploaded some uncut photos for Modern Warriors fighters who didn't have anything, I found that I actually preferred to have the original backgrounds instead of cuts. Then I was inspired by these picture sets for TEW to make a similar set for WMMA3.

Here are a bunch of examples. It should go without saying that the image quality will vary wildly in the pack, but also keep in mind that the uploading site I used for these examples lowers the quality. FYI, the black borders are only in the examples, and many of these have since been replaced with newer/better photos.

http://i.imgur.com/0Mdgo3a.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/e2yvdxt.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/dP1Im7v.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/zUQDvXe.jpg

Here are a few of the bodies. Of course, they look much better when they are full sized.

http://i.imgur.com/DAbdpJr.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/XCIxCyq.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/0FGVRFK.jpg

For what it's worth, there will also be some alts with suits or other clothes that can be used for User Avatars. I could never play as Scott Avatar, and I got tired of using my C-Verse avatars and random faces from Google Image Search, so I turned 16 fighters into avatars (EDIT: Now 187). I'll be adding a lot more at some point, and I'll include the data in my uploads for those who want to import them into their own games.

http://i.imgur.com/5UwjFeY.jpg

Recommendations for other User Avatars are welcome. If they make sense to me and I can find a suitable picture, I'll add them.

Lastly, thanks to Jipper16, who was nice enough to send me a folder of pictures that he hadn't yet cut for his own pack. Already I've found a few pictures in there that I couldn't find online.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad you guys like it. In the next day or two I'll be ready to upload what I've done so far.

I've been saving these over the MW12 picture folder so they'll work in my current game, so unless some of the spelling mistakes have been fixed for the MW13 upload, you guys should be able to have it working properly in the Modern Warriors database just by overwriting that folder. Once I get further along I'll start setting it up to work with the latest version.

If the filenames are all the same, the only fighters you'll have to manually set are the ones whose pictures are saved as a GIF in the MW folder. Luckily, most of the GIFs in that folder are just the CEOs, and I have no plan to replace any of those unless I decide to turn some of them into User Avatars. You never really see the CEO pictures anyway, other than when they're hired or when they die.

EDIT: I think that there are only two MW fighters saved as a GIF: Luiz Cane and Seth Petruzelli. Again though, that might not be the case in the latest version.

Glad you guys like it. In the next day or two I'll be ready to upload what I've done so far.

I've been saving these over the MW12 picture folder so they'll work in my current game, so unless some of the spelling mistakes have been fixed for the MW13 upload, you guys should be able to have it working properly in the Modern Warriors database just by overwriting that folder. Once I get further along I'll start setting it up to work with the latest version.

If the filenames are all the same, the only fighters you'll have to manually set are the ones whose pictures are saved as a GIF in the MW folder. Luckily, most of the GIFs in that folder are just the CEOs, and I have no plan to replace any of those unless I decide to turn some of them into User Avatars. You never really see the CEO pictures anyway, other than when they're hired or when they die.

EDIT: I think that there are only two MW fighters saved as a GIF: Luiz Cane and Seth Petruzelli. Again though, that might not be the case in the latest version.

Just a heads up. The Modern Warriors 13 pic pack is the first one that I had a hand in doing. I made a lot of changes including names. Everything in there should be JPG also, including the CEO's unless I missed something. Cheers!

Here's what I've done so far: [EDIT: File removed. Click here for the newer version.]

There have been a handful of fighters whose pictures I simply couldn't find online, so I cut the border out of the MW pictures and resized them for my own use. I tried to take all of those out before uploading, but I probably missed some. Apologies to Tag01 if that's the case.

Follow these steps to get the pictures to show up with Modern Warriors 13 (at the time of this post, anyway):

1. Overwrite the Bodies and Faces folders, of course.

2. A few of the fighters in the pack are currently set to 'No Photo', so you'll have to set them manually in the editor:

Adam Parkes

Aya Koyama

Ayumu Shioda

Brandon Merkt

Claudir Dutkevis

Daisuke Okumiya

Edson Franca

Junichi Ota

Reyna Cordoba

Wayne Phillips

3. You might have to set these too:

Chan Sung Jung

Luiz Cane

Seth Petruzelli

Valentina Shevchenko

4. If you want the User Avatars, import them from the 'IPP Avatars' database that I included in the file. I'll be adding a lot more eventually.

Wladimir Klitschko is included in the picture folders as a bonus, for what it's worth. :D I edited him into my current UFC game, and forgot to take his pictures out before I uploaded. I'll probably just leave him for future versions in case anyone else does stuff like that.

If anyone finds a problem (other than typos), please let me know. I plan on updating fighters as better pictures come along, but I'll mostly just be trying to cover the rest of the MW database. There have been several UFC events since I started, so I know there are already some updates to be made.

P.S. Jipper, you fixed the typos in the filenames (as well as the couple of guys who were using GIFs and guys like Godofredo Castro who are seemingly better known by nicknames), but the database still points to the old files in most (possibly all) cases. It was no problem in this case since I usually just saved my files over the old ones without fixing that stuff.

Here's what I've done so far: [Download Link]

There have been a handful of fighters whose pictures I simply couldn't find online, so I cut the border out of the MW pictures and resized them for my own use. I tried to take all of those out before uploading, but I probably missed some. Apologies to Tag01 if that's the case.

Follow these steps to get the pictures to show up with Modern Warriors 13 (at the time of this post, anyway):

1. Overwrite the Bodies and Faces folders, of course.

2. A few of the fighters in the pack are currently set to 'No Photo', so you'll have to set them manually in the editor:

Adam Parkes

Aya Koyama

Ayumu Shioda

Brandon Merkt

Claudir Dutkevis

Daisuke Okumiya

Edson Franca

Junichi Ota

Reyna Cordoba

Wayne Phillips

Chan Sung Jung

Luiz Cane

Seth Petruzelli

Valentina Shevchenko

4. If you want the User Avatars, import them from the 'IPP Avatars' database that I included in the file. I'll be adding a lot more eventually.

Wladimir Klitschko is included in the picture folders as a bonus, for what it's worth. :D I edited him into my current UFC game, and forgot to take his pictures out before I uploaded. I'll probably just leave him for future versions in case anyone else does stuff like that.

If anyone finds a problem (other than typos), please let me know. I plan on updating fighters as better pictures come along, but I'll mostly just be trying to cover the rest of the MW database. There have been several UFC events since I started, so I know there are already some updates to be made.

P.S. Jipper, you fixed the typos in the filenames (as well as the couple of guys who were using GIFs and guys like Godofredo Castro who are seemingly better known by nicknames), but the database still points to the old files in most (possibly all) cases. It was no problem in this case since I usually just saved my files over the old ones without fixing that stuff.

Yeah, I haven't done anything with the database. I'm just the picture guy. I rename the pictures to match the database but beyond that, all I can do is point out the database issues. Modding is a lot harder than the pictures and little things aren't the priority. Thanks for the info though man. Keep up the good work.

Yeah, I haven't done anything with the database. I'm just the picture guy. I rename the pictures to match the database but beyond that, all I can do is point out the database issues. Modding is a lot harder than the pictures and little things aren't the priority. Thanks for the info though man. Keep up the good work.

Oh, I definitely understand. You can only control the pictures, and Tag has so much to update with each release that things like that simply can't be a top priority. He already puts in more effort than I ever would.

It's easy enough to fix ourselves, anyway.

These pics are excellent, thanks again.

Glad you like them.:) Eventually I'll cover the whole database... Or at least the big names. We'll see.

Iceisle, I'm currently working on turning that WIP pic pack of yours (the heads, that is) into a set of free pictures for RL mods in TEW, slowly but surely. Thanks very much for this!

Sounds awesome. TEW13 is the first game I've played in the series, and I've only been using the C-Verse, but already I can see how much of a difference it makes to have a good collection of free pictures. I'm happy to give you a little head start, because I imagine it's going to take forever to set them all up in the database. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Mini-Update: 170 New User Avatars (Total: 186)

More fighter pictures will come eventually, but here's a crapload of avatars in the meantime.

[DOWNLOAD LINK]

You can overwrite the old avatar database if you have it, as well as any pictures you're asked to replace. Shouldn't be a problem. I only included the original 16 pictures for anyone who didn't want the full picture pack.

Oh, and you may want to erase the old versions of the original 16 User Avatars from your database before importing these. The original 16 had their reputations set to 75%, and now everyone is set to 100%. Sorry to anyone who would rather have it lower. I know it will be a pain to fix, because I wasn't willing to go through the trouble.

Here are some examples. Earlier in the thread I said that I wouldn't be including young fighters like Jones and MacDonald, but then I did it anyway.

http://i.imgur.com/8DGSdlt.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/PKuWhJs.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ruVGdNo.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/LhOkQeV.jpg

I included a few promoters, referees and other notable personalities. Your dreams of playing a WMMA3 game as Bruce Buffer or Stitch Duran have finally come true!:D

Also, the Nogueira brothers 'share' a User Avatar slot. The character limit for Avatars is lower than the limit for fighters, so I couldn't fit their middle names. I decided it would be better to just switch the picture when I want to play as Rogerio than to format their names in an odd way. I also didn't want to use their nicknames, since even guys like Shogun, Rampage and Cro Cop are represented by their real names. I believe Tank Abbott was the only exception to that rule, because no one calls that guy 'David' and doing so wouldn't make him seem any more professional.

I know that I missed a lot of people, but it would have taken forever to add every worthy fighter on the off chance that someone would want to use them. If there's someone missing who you would've wanted to use, please let me know. It's easy enough to add them yourself, but tell me anyway so I can include them in future versions for everyone else.

That's actually how I had it at first, but I later changed my mind. I figured it's easy enough to switch the pictures before you start a new game, and that formatting just didn't feel right to me after briefly running Jungle Fight as Big Nog. I may change my mind about that (or the nickname thing) at some point.

Of course, it's also easy to change the name and then add Minotoro if that's what you'd prefer. To each their own.

Really, I just wish that the character limit was as long as the one for fighters. I also had to shorten Aleksander Emelianenko to 'Aleks'. Even though that's a nickname he actually uses, I'd still go with Aleksander if I could.

EDIT: By the way fullMETAL, how's that free picture pack coming along? Be sure to release it in the TEW forums once you're done! I'm excited to check it out.

UPDATE

[EDIT: File removed. Click here for the newer version.]

Still working with the MW12 data until I decide to start a new game, but I did my best to set the pack up to work with MW14. I may have missed a few people whose filenames have been changed (I caught Ben Henderson and Matt Riddle, but didn't notice any others). The further I get through the database, the easier it will become to catch that sort of thing.

Anyway, there are still a lot of big names to cover, but I'm up to 1,500 faces and 1,090 bodies. I've now covered all female fighters (decided to get the fun part out of the way early :p) and all males with 40% reputation or above (in the MW12 data). I think I'm up to H or I in the 30-39% group.

Here are some examples of the new female pictures, because I can't remember exactly which men weren't in the original upload.

http://i.imgur.com/3QC3wNH.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/jkWRYzr.jpg

Follow these steps to get the pictures working with Modern Warriors 14:

1. Overwrite the Modern Warriors pictures.

Adam Parkes

Aya Koyama

Ayumu Shioda

Brandon Merkt

Chad Vance

Claudir Dutkevis

Edson Franca

Junichi Ota

Reyna Cordoba

Sarah Alpar

Wayne Phillips

Luiz Cane

Seth Petruzelli

Valentina Shevchenko

4. I recommend deleting the silhouette body pictures from the Modern Warriors pack. When a fighter doesn't have a body picture, the game will simply show their face picture in their profile, so there's no need for the placeholders from a user's point of view. Some fighters are so obscure that they're unlikely to ever have large photos available online, so you're better off deleting the silhouettes. You can sort the bodies folder by file size and all of the silhouettes will be grouped together, making it very easy to delete them.

5. If you want the User Avatars, import them from the 'IPP Avatars' database that I included in the file.

I also suggest opening the picture folders and searching for "alt" to see if you prefer any of the alternate versions. There are only a few because I never go out of my way to add them. Sometimes it's just hard to decide between two photos, or I don't want to get rid of an old photo when I update someone.

There are a few bonus photos of people who aren't in the MW14 data:

Rose Namajunas

Bec Hyatt

Little Tiger

Wladimir Klitschko

Some of the earliest guys from the Dawn of MMA mod

Joe Rogan (No, seriously)

As always, let me know of any mistakes you find, other than typos that are present in the MW files. Also, if there are any fighters you'd like me to cover ASAP or if you have any suggestions for user avatars, speak up! It's easy to take care of both things yourself, but it will help me out if you tell me anyway.

EDIT: By the way, I noticed that I accidentally left in a few of Jipper's body pictures. It won't really make a difference for people using the pack since they'll almost certainly be using it with Modern Warriors, but apologies to Jipper just the same.

Glad you're getting use out of it. :)

By the way, for some reason I waited until right after uploading to go through and update people with pictures from recent UFC events. I also added some new people from those events (including some of the recent TUF guys).

MediaFire is telling me that no one has downloaded the new file yet, and I'm re-uploading right now, but if MediaFire is wrong and you downloaded the pictures already then just let me know. It would be no problem to upload these updates and additions in a separate file.

You'll know that you have the newest version if you see KJ Noons (for example), or if you see a lot of updates to people who have been on recent UFC cards.

Here are a few examples of the updates.

http://i.imgur.com/lF5jsnp.jpg

[EDIT] Okay, the link in my last post has been updated. If you're reading this sentence then you're good to go.

MediaFire does seem to have a delay on their download counter though, and a few people already downloaded the file. If you don't have those updated photos, get this.

Are these the pictures you were PM'ed me about?

Huh? I don't think I ever sent you a PM. :p At least, I don't remember it and it's not saved in my Sent Messages. All of my sent messages seem to be saved there, so I'm confused.

Huh? I don't think I ever sent you a PM. :p At least, I don't remember it and it's not saved in my Sent Messages. All of my sent messages seem to be saved there, so I'm confused.

Ha! You're right. I just saw "ice" and for some reason ignored the rest of the name. :p

My apologies.

Archived