I still don't get the best way to use timeouts. It seems you have to use them before the play and they are called after the play. Is this correct? If it is it shoudn't be becuase if it is an incomplete pass or play out of bounds I don't want a timeout. However, that seems to be the best way to same clock. Anyone have better luck with timeouts?

That seems like the way it was working. However, is that not the wrong logic? Having to call a timeout before the play doesn't make since. What if that next play is a incomplete pass or a run out of bounds? Then I wouldn't want the timeout. Another note from Arlie's comment. Even long pass play don't usually take 20 seconds for the play itself. Maybe the plays are taking too long. Overall, The total number of plays seems correct but maybe the problem is that the plays should be shortened and the time between plays needs to be longer to even to keep the same number of plays in a game but allow for better 2 minute offense.

Guest Nukester
The system works well except for us losing TO's when an incomplete pass is thrown or the runner gets out of bounds. In that case, if the CPU ignored the TO request, there would really be no problems with this system

Think of it this way: when the clock updates, it's showing the time when the most recent play was blown dead. The next time you see a new clock, it will reflect all the time which ran off the clock during the huddle and the play itself. Calling TO prevents the clock from running during the next huddle. (Many of us were confused about this, but it's starting to make sense to me now.)

Archived