(Hype... sort of) The Montreal Mayhem

Well... for my own fun I've made a "what if" scenario taking the 99's Genadi mod of TEW10.

The mod start in Jan-99 and the twist of the mod is that there are 4 big US organizations in the US (instead the WCW-WWF war). All have enough talent to be competitive, and all have their strenghts and weakness. The idea is a full "National War Scenario"

I've also tweaked the Japanese scene, and make a somewhat big fed in Europe.

It can be considered a proper mod as it is has been rushed (I don't touch the bios as example) and it reflects my preferences and phobias.

I've slightly upped the skills, as 4 feds are a bit diluted. The good news is that I've done the most bulk of the work (soon I will begun to sim ahead).

Most of the work is from the 99's mod, but I'm enjoying tweaking it.

So.. there is any interest in "going public"?

Owen Hart’s interview (actual WWF Champion)

The so called Montreal Mayhem… Well, it’s the name that everybody is giving to that Survivor Series today, but then it wasn’t a big issue.

Vince was between the rock and a hard place, but he made the right choice. I was surprised when he called Bret a couple of hours before the show, to have an emergency meeting. Of course I wasn’t there and Bret hasn’t been very explicit, but they talked about loyalty, about how they have helped the WWF to be what it was, and about the future. I was worried that Bret was late to the show, but they arrive at time. I remember that I questioned what had happened and he told me “Brother, I’ll stay in the company, but I need you to pass this rough patch. Will you back me?” Of course I smiled and gave him a nod.

What happened after was not solely fault of Shawn. Vince was booking on the fly, and probably it was a misunderstood. At least nobody can blame him for what happened in the ring. He was truly shocked when Vince reversed his victory. Of course his tantrum was too … to extreme. Anyway when he apologizes the next day before Raw and asked Vince a time off, I thought that it was over. Jim (Neidhart) was a bit suspicious, and thought that he was headed to the WCW. Man, how wrong we were.

It was the Wrestlepalooza PPV. Paul (Heyman) has put a lot of heat in the show, granting a big surprise. We have a RAW next night in Detroit, and I was resting in my room, you known, the ECW was not my cup of tea. Davey call me and told me to go to the hall to see the show. I said I wasn’t interested. When he told me that Shawn was there, well, it was a shock.

The show was not even started. You know, in the industry you have friend that has a friend that has a friend in almost any company. Vince rented a meeting hall to saw the show, and almost everybody was there. You can think whatever of Paul and Shawn, but they know how to manipulate people. The Invasion segment with Scott (Hall) and Kevin (Nash) was amazing. The way Shawn twisted what happened in Montreal was a masterwork of manipulation, and the way he defeated RVD was not bad. Vince was livid, and Curt (Hennig) whispered me that this very morning he granted the release of the New Age Outlaws, HHH, Chyna and Sean Waltman banning them to sign with the WCW.

What has happened after is history. Maybe we are not as big as we were, but I really believe in the talent of our roster, and sincerely we are much better without these rotten apples of the Kliq. Anyway, we have been a “clean” company since the 80’s. We are wrestlers. Maybe we do some edgy things, like all the Stone Cold-is-a-rebel stuff. But does anybody believe that the WWF could have used all these D-Generation Stuff? C’mon, this TNA-Attitude is something that our fans wouldn’t have bought.

Owen Hart’s interview (actual WWF Champion)

The so called Montreal Mayhem… Well, it’s the name that everybody is giving to that Survivor Series today, but then it wasn’t a big issue.

Vince was between the rock and a hard place, but he made the right choice. I was surprised when he called Bret a couple of hours before the show, to have an emergency meeting. Of course I wasn’t there and Bret hasn’t been very explicit, but they talked about loyalty, about how they have helped the WWF to be what it was, and about the future. I was worried that Bret was late to the show, but they arrive at time. I remember that I questioned what had happened and he told me “Brother, I’ll stay in the company, but I need you to pass this rough patch. Will you back me?” Of course I smiled and gave him a nod.

What happened after was not solely fault of Shawn. Vince was booking on the fly, and probably it was a misunderstood. At least nobody can blame him for what happened in the ring. He was truly shocked when Vince reversed his victory. Of course his tantrum was too … to extreme. Anyway when he apologizes the next day before Raw and asked Vince a time off, I thought that it was over. Jim (Neidhart) was a bit suspicious, and thought that he was headed to the WCW. Man, how wrong we were.

It was the Wrestlepalooza PPV. Paul (Heyman) has put a lot of heat in the show, granting a big surprise. We have a RAW next night in Detroit, and I was resting in my room, you known, the ECW was not my cup of tea. Davey call me and told me to go to the hall to see the show. I said I wasn’t interested. When he told me that Shawn was there, well, it was a shock.

The show was not even started. You know, in the industry you have friend that has a friend that has a friend in almost any company. Vince rented a meeting hall to saw the show, and almost everybody was there. You can think whatever of Paul and Shawn, but they know how to manipulate people. The Invasion segment with Scott (Hall) and Kevin (Nash) was amazing. The way Shawn twisted what happened in Montreal was a masterwork of manipulation, and the way he defeated RVD was not bad. Vince was livid, and Curt (Hennig) whispered me that this very morning he granted the release of the New Age Outlaws, HHH, Chyna and Sean Waltman banning them to sign with the WCW.

What has happened after is history. Maybe we are not as big as we were, but I really believe in the talent of our roster, and sincerely we are much better without these rotten apples of the Kliq. Anyway, we have been a “clean” company since the 80’s. We are wrestlers. Maybe we do some edgy things, like all the Stone Cold-is-a-rebel stuff. But does anybody believe that the WWF could have used all these D-Generation Stuff? C’mon, this TNA-Attitude is something that our fans wouldn’t have bought.

that is extremely well written and by god i want to play this very bad as youve clearly put alot of thought into this.

So far so good I've done a first 5-years run with the Database

Negatives:

-TNA folded in 1,5 years.

-The Japanese puroresu company dominated the awards.

-WWF was the top company all the years.

Positives:

-Constant promotion wars in US. All 3 companies were in the losing time at least once.

Shawn Michael’s interview (actual TNA Champion)

It was not about money, or prestige, even about the title. It was about respect. And the lack of. Vince and his pretty boy mocked me in Montreal, and there were no apologies or compensations. I have broken my guts for the WWF, and that was my reward.

Of course my first thought was the WCW. Hell, Eric (Bischoff) put a lot of money in the table, but after chatting with Scott and Kevin… well you know, I didn’t want to be the best paid jobber of Flair, Hogan or... Goldberg. Anyway it was this or Japan, but I tried a long shot with Paul (Heyman). After a good phone talk, he asked for a time to put a plan.

I knew he was a good booker, but also he has a knock for business. He had the tv contract, pending certain... changes in the ECW. He had the ppv contract. In fact he had the money also… but he didn’t wanted Shawn Michaels….

He wanted the Kliq. And I gave him a full-time Kliq.

And you know, I do not believe in false modesty. Hell, the Invasion angle was as good as the NWO, but actually with good wrestling. In one day, the ECW was not the hardcore freaks company, but the hottest mainstream company.

Anyway it was much more than just the wrestlers. The production was atrocious. I hate Vince, but I’ve learnt a lot about how to produce a show. And we are in the Major Leagues now. Of course you can do some things without breaking some eggs, but we are on a roll and we will catch up the big boys soon.

Sting’s interview (actual WCW Champion).

When I saw the invasion angle and saw Kevin and Scott there, of course I was a little worried. You can be in the top if you lose the top talent. Anyway it was not a big worry. We have talent to waste and not a lot of people in the backstage will miss them.

The next Nitro was all buzz and rumors, and everybody went with the automatic driver. But the Tuesday… oh gosh…

Hogan and Bischoff have called to a meeting, to re-energize the company, so they said. And when Hogan and Bischoff are full steam… things happen. But, not always good things.

An hour after the beginning of the meeting, we were in the biggest turmoil I can remember. Their ideas were… a bit too extreme, and a bit too awful to some workers. Ric was the most vocal against these …distasteful ideas. In fact Ric walked out and give his own version of the facts to Mr. Turner.

Mr. Turner was not happy about the general direction of the company. He blamed Bischoff of all the risky contempt of the company. And Bischoff and Hogan replied the Chief. I don’t know exactly what they said, but sure there were a lot of gruesome words exchanged. When they were fired, nobody expected the commotion it will cause….

What Hogan and Bischoff can be only described with one word. They have backstabbed the WCW. First the Kliq was out, then… the Hogan’s Run.

I have to recognize we were a bit disoriented. Fortunately Mr. Turner has a lot of common sense. If something goes wrong, return to the basics. The signing of Jim (Cornette) helped to stabilize the situation.

We have returned to a more basic wrestling, and it is working. In retrospective you can think that some big names were back holding great talents that nowadays are flourishing. Maybe it’s too optimistic, but I really believe that with the help of the veterans, this new generation can be the mark in the industry.

Kane’s interview (actual WWE Champion)

It was the buzz of the industry. Forget the Shawn’s ECW, Hogan and Bischoff were brewing something. I personally believe that was something in the line of The Old Fashioned Hogan Family, so when they ringed me, I was a bit skeptical.

But, they have the contacts, and did their homework. They brought a hefty contract, and a some good ideas to my character, to make me his marquee signing. I was happy in the WWF, but Vince was unable to bring anything in the same ballpark, so I jumped the ship.

And it has been thrilling. Everybody was delighted when we make an exciting signing. At the beginning it was just a contract to make a lot of money. But soon I see the direction, and I begun to believe in the project. The Giant was a given, as he was too close to Hogan. Goldberg and the Steiners were big names to the project. Nobody expected the Rock will sign with us, but it has been a huge signing for us. I was delighted with the signing of Benoit and Guerrero, they can be difference makers to the company.

You have to give Hogan his due. When he seems stalled, he reinvented himself. We are making big strides. And we will continue to growth. Why? Because is not just wrestling…is entertaining.

Ok

I`ve the Beta of the data. Most of the work have been took from the 99 DB of Genadi, so kudos for him.

The data is far from perfect, but it's playable (at least for me). The Japanese domination of the awards irked me a little, but the last "watcher game" (7 years game) has some nice results.

I think is 99% compatible with the Genadi's Pick Pack. I've added a logo to the Shotokan-Wrestling Organization.

http://www.mediafire.com/?99pn8xmpva0v85v

I hope you enjoy it

Archived