January 1997: RAW is WAR

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z82/taker157/WWF%2097/WWF-Superstars.jpg

The Rough Riders (Barry Windham and Justin Bradshaw) vs. The Headbangers (Mosh and Thrasher)

It can now be reported that the New Blackjacks have officially requested to be called by there real names (Barry Windham and Justin Bradshaw) and have renamed there team the "Rough Riders"... The Riders have a challenge in there first match under a new name as they face up and coming tag team The Headbangers!

One of Wrestling's Most Dangerous Men vs. Bart Gunn

One half of Jim Cornette's new tag team "Wrestling's Most Dangerous Men" debuts in a special "sneak peak" against former Tag Team Champion Bart Gunn! Gunn isn't one to be taken likely and could really put up a fight against "Wrestling's Most Dangerous Men"

Rocky Maivia vs. The Sultan

Rocky is fresh of a WWF Title shot loss on last weeks Superstars and the Sultan failed to pick up the win against Goldust on Monday Night RAW. Who will walk away victoriously this week on Superstars?

Bob Holly vs. The Executioner

Bob Holly picked up a questionable win this week on Monday Night RAW against Billy Gunn... On Superstars though he faces Paul Bearer's Executioner who may have a few pounds and years of Experience on the former Tag Team Champion Gunn. Holly seems bound and determined to take his new "friends" advice and has even picked up a "Cheerleader" along the way. When will Bob's friend show his face and will Bob's new attitude shine through on Superstars against The Executioner?

I don't know if you pushed Holly to Upper Midcarder, so i'm going with Bam Bam in the Main Event.

Bob is well on his way to Upper-Midcard. I always like Hardcore Holly and felt like he could have been a fun "Enforcer" type role in a heel stable. One of my very first EWR Games was a 2000 mod where I had Steve Corino as the Leader, Barry Windham and Dustin Rhodes as the Tag Team and Bob Holly as the Enforcer of the Extreme Horsemen.

Holly was never super duper technical or amazing at anything.. but every word out of his mouth and action in the ring was super crisp and believable which goes a long way with me. He also had D+ Momentum at the start of the Dynasty and is now sitting at a B-.

poor Bart Gunn haha

Sadly I agree! I have no clue what to do with old Bart... He was a solid hand... but it kind of ends there with me. He will probably be jobber to the stars until his contract runs out slowly but surely.

I want to eventually push Jesse James/Billy Gunn in the real direction they went but it may be a little ways down to road so the story can be told right. Already have the Bob/Teacher/Others forming storyline so don't want to many "Oh we are a new group" stories running at once just yet!

From the Desk of Jim Cornette to WWF Owner Vince McMahon Tuesday Week 2 January 1997

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/02/jim-cornette.jpg

Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Everyone expected this match to be good but it was probably a little better than even expected... if Furnas/Lafon could find the right gimmick/character tuning then these boys would be onto something as far as "Getting over" goes. Owen and Davey came out looking strong which is what we needed but the Tag Division hasn't seen the last of Furnas and Lafon I would hope...

B Rating for these two teams... Would like to see them on a PPV down the line... Money in the ring.

Bob Holly vs. Billy Gunn

Bob has really been used lately in a lot of angles with your new heel signing that we are attempting to book smartly/secretly for a bit. Gunn had some random momentum riding into this so it was good that Bob picked up a win and furthered his storyline... the fans weren't all the way into it by any means but it took up maybe 4 whole minutes of TV Time and drove what should be one of your hottest stories leading into WrestleMania to another level...

D- Match rating... Bob's storyline is one of the hot points on every RAW/Superstars show and should slowly involved more faces/heels in the lead up to WrestleMania!

Goldust vs. The Sultan

Sultan is a reliable in-ring hand... That's about it. He's good to beat up smaller babyfaces and get cheap heat when he is needed and he is good to put over your better guys for bigger matches when needed. Goldust really shined here and proved he is one of your better Mid to Upper guys. Goldust vs. Hunter won't steal the Rumble by any means but if they open up then it should set a good pace for the rest of the night.

C Rating. About what you would need for a TV Match between the two

Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker vs. Executioner, Mankind and Vader

Perfect teeter totter booking between Undertaker and Bearer's Minions. They win one week and his team secures the win this week. Executioner could eat the defeat as times I think he incredibly out of place in the "Dark" role... For ****s sake Vince he is Terry Bam Bam Gordy... I can make a few phone calls and get Doc here and your Tag Division would be on notice?!

Savage looks strong pinning Executioner, Michaels gains some momentum back after throwing his bitch fit last week about putting over Mick/Vader and Taker continues the war.

B Rating.

Storyline Directions:

Bret vs. Austin

Bret and Austin's main ring work part of there program is being booked to take place on Pay Per Views only for the most part. Trying to slowly sizzle this program until it is ready to blow at WrestleMania this year which should have some intriguing results.

Bob Holly and the Teacher

Holly and The Teacher is one of our most pushed stories at this point and time and will remain that way as Bob has gotten over a lot better than when we had him booked as a dipshit NASCAR driver. As we both know "The Teacher" is one of the hottest heels in wrestling today and when it's time to reveal to the fans who he is (Though most have a hint)... it needs to be a special moment.

The Nation vs. Ahmed

I dropped the ball this week as far as booking the Group/Ahmed goes but Week 3 should be a lot hotter to lead into the Faarooq vs. Ahmed Rumble encounter. The group is serving it's purpose which soon enough will be a stable of Superstars. With RAW going to two hours in February we can focus a lot of our Main Event guys just on that and building around them and really focus on letting Superstars be a test run show for the Lower Card guys and storylines.

Sid vs. Shawn

Sid vs. Shawn is lackluster... but Sid is lackluster. Shawn with his little girl ego is still one of the best in the world today... while Sid is just... Sid. Week 3 I'm going to attempt to give them some good go home heat leading into the San Antonio Rumble Main Event between the two..

Undertaker vs. Bearer's Minions

Slowly but surely Undertaker is going to either need an ally by his side or he is going to have to start thinning out the minions of Paul Bearer... either way the storyline serves it's purpose and having Taker work with Mick, Vader or Terry works quite well to the companies advantage

The Rough Riders vs. Bulldog and Owen

Fun feud to book. Should be even more fun over the next few months... Hey Vince thanks for letting me call Barry Windham... Barry Windham instead of one of the jackass moronic ideas your writing department would have came up with "The Widowmaker"... Please.

http://theflickcast.com/wp-content/uploads//2013/02/jim-cornette.jpg

Doug Furnas and Phil Lafon vs. Owen Hart and British Bulldog

Everyone expected this match to be good but it was probably a little better than even expected... if Furnas/Lafon could find the right gimmick/character tuning then these boys would be onto something as far as "Getting over" goes. Owen and Davey came out looking strong which is what we needed but the Tag Division hasn't seen the last of Furnas and Lafon I would hope...

B Rating for these two teams... Would like to see them on a PPV down the line... Money in the ring.

Bob Holly vs. Billy Gunn

Bob has really been used lately in a lot of angles with your new heel signing that we are attempting to book smartly/secretly for a bit. Gunn had some random momentum riding into this so it was good that Bob picked up a win and furthered his storyline... the fans weren't all the way into it by any means but it took up maybe 4 whole minutes of TV Time and drove what should be one of your hottest stories leading into WrestleMania to another level...

D- Match rating... Bob's storyline is one of the hot points on every RAW/Superstars show and should slowly involved more faces/heels in the lead up to WrestleMania!

Goldust vs. The Sultan

Sultan is a reliable in-ring hand... That's about it. He's good to beat up smaller babyfaces and get cheap heat when he is needed and he is good to put over your better guys for bigger matches when needed. Goldust really shined here and proved he is one of your better Mid to Upper guys. Goldust vs. Hunter won't steal the Rumble by any means but if they open up then it should set a good pace for the rest of the night.

C Rating. About what you would need for a TV Match between the two

Randy Savage, Shawn Michaels and The Undertaker vs. Executioner, Mankind and Vader

Perfect teeter totter booking between Undertaker and Bearer's Minions. They win one week and his team secures the win this week. Executioner could eat the defeat as times I think he incredibly out of place in the "Dark" role... For ****s sake Vince he is Terry Bam Bam Gordy... I can make a few phone calls and get Doc here and your Tag Division would be on notice?!

Savage looks strong pinning Executioner, Michaels gains some momentum back after throwing his bitch fit last week about putting over Mick/Vader and Taker continues the war.

B Rating.

Storyline Directions:

Bret vs. Austin

Bret and Austin's main ring work part of there program is being booked to take place on Pay Per Views only for the most part. Trying to slowly sizzle this program until it is ready to blow at WrestleMania this year which should have some intriguing results.

Bob Holly and the Teacher

Holly and The Teacher is one of our most pushed stories at this point and time and will remain that way as Bob has gotten over a lot better than when we had him booked as a dipshit NASCAR driver. As we both know "The Teacher" is one of the hottest heels in wrestling today and when it's time to reveal to the fans who he is (Though most have a hint)... it needs to be a special moment.

The Nation vs. Ahmed

I dropped the ball this week as far as booking the Group/Ahmed goes but Week 3 should be a lot hotter to lead into the Faarooq vs. Ahmed Rumble encounter. The group is serving it's purpose which soon enough will be a stable of Superstars. With RAW going to two hours in February we can focus a lot of our Main Event guys just on that and building around them and really focus on letting Superstars be a test run show for the Lower Card guys and storylines.

Sid vs. Shawn

Sid vs. Shawn is lackluster... but Sid is lackluster. Shawn with his little girl ego is still one of the best in the world today... while Sid is just... Sid. Week 3 I'm going to attempt to give them some good go home heat leading into the San Antonio Rumble Main Event between the two..

Undertaker vs. Bearer's Minions

Slowly but surely Undertaker is going to either need an ally by his side or he is going to have to start thinning out the minions of Paul Bearer... either way the storyline serves it's purpose and having Taker work with Mick, Vader or Terry works quite well to the companies advantage

The Rough Riders vs. Bulldog and Owen

Fun feud to book. Should be even more fun over the next few months... Hey Vince thanks for letting me call Barry Windham... Barry Windham instead of one of the jackass moronic ideas your writing department would have came up with "The Widowmaker"... Please.

Terry Gordy and Dr. Death vs Barry Windham and Bradshaw I think you have a helluva a feud if you would do it. Keep it up I am hooked on this

shawnbill5000 I swear I can hear those Cornette in Jimmy's voice.

That's what I'm aiming for. Been listening to a lot of his promos, DVDs and shoots. I think I lean towards writing for people I identify with/know better.

I've worked in and around the wrestling business since 2006... Wish I had better match write ups for this dynasty!

Week 2 January 1997 Superstars Results

January Week 2 1997 (Saturday)

Superstars of Wrestling

TV Rating .12 (Same as last week)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/DaveyBoy.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/OwenHart.jpg

Superstars opens up with British Bulldog and Owen Hart coming down to the ring. Owen grabs the microphone... "We weren't even booked to appear tonight but me and Davey asked WWF for front row tickets so we could have the best seats in the house to see our Tag Team Championship opponents "The Rough Riders". Now things have gotten physical in the past few weeks between the two of us but me and Bulldog are going to be total gentlemen and are really curious to see how they handle the competition tonight!"... Bulldog and Owen jump the guard rail and take there seats as Superstars gets off to a hot start!

The Rough Riders (Barry Windham and Justin Bradshaw) defeated the Headbangers in a quick and convincing manner in 2:49 after they hit Mosh with "The Rough Ride" (Spinebuster/Clothesline Combo)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/JimCornette.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/KenShamrock.jpg

Jim Cornette comes to the ring after the commercial break "Ladies and gentleman it is my esteemed privilege to introduce to all of you free-loading fans... one half of the team who are going to bring gold back to Camp Cornette. He is making his World Wrestling Federation debut tonight and is a Olympic wrestling, Jujitsu, karate, grappling and submission expert from the world of Ultimate Fighting... ladies and gentlemen... Ken Shamrock!"

Ken Shamrock defeated Bart Gunn in 4:10 after locking on the Ankle Lock and getting a submission victory

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/PaulBearer.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/TerryGordyExecutioner.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/TheUndertaker.jpg

Paul Bearer is shown backstage after the break... "I know that my Executioner is set to face Bob Holly tonight... and win... OH YES!!! But me and him are ready to get rid of the Undertaker problem here in the WWF. So Undertaker... why don't you face my client The Executioner one on one next Sunday at the Royal Rumble... in a match you are very very familiar with... A CASKET MATCH!"....

Undertaker's music hits and the lights go dim... the lights come back up and The Executioner is being Chokeslamed by Undertaker... Taker turns and looks at Paul Bearer and nods his head in agreement to the match challenge as Paul Bearer flees the scene!

Rocky Maivia defeated the Sultan in 6:33 after hitting a Top Rope Cross Body into a pin

Marc Mero defeated Jesse James at 7:01 after hitting him with the TKO

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/MarcMero3.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/Sable.jpg

During Marc and Sable's celebration... Mysterious music begins to play and slowly twelve men dressed in suit and ties walk down to the ring each holding a rose. One by one the men come up to Sable and either directly hand her the rose or bow out and leave it at her feet... Mero looks confused and upset at the situation... Suddenly a man's voice begins to speak over the loud system...

"Marc. Here is twelve beautiful red roses for your wife who has the rosiest red lips I have ever seen. Next week you can expect 11 more gifts from me... Marc I am sure you are upset right now but take this as your opportunity to make Sable fall in love with you all over again... hold her tight, take her on some nice dinners and do whatever you can.. because by the time we get to one... she will have forgotten your name and will still not have gotten enough of me!

Bob Holly defeated the Executioner after his "Cheerleader" distracted the Executioner allowing Holly to roll up Executioner with a School Boy to get the win at 11:21

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/BobHolly.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/Francine.jpg

Post-match Holly and his "Cheerleader" are shown walking to the backstage area... once they get backstage the man that has been shown talking to Bob is shown sitting down in a hat covering his face "You know Bob you are doing really good lately. I went out of my way to start talking to you first because when I was here last time you were the hardest working and most humble man in the company. You don't need to be humble though Bob.... You aren't a racecar driver... you are a bad man.. you are Hardcore. I got tired of watching the cartoon every week and them treating you like a "Character".... you are a damned professional wrestler! So Bob... if you like what we have been working on what I have taught you... give me a sign... This isn't a Kliq, this isn't a gang where you are in it "For Life" and this isn't an "Elite Club" ran by an old fag dressed in a suit screaming "Whooo"... This is a brotherhood in this business that demands respect no matter where we go or what we do... Bob if you are in... give me a sign"... Bob looks at the man and smiles "Teach... You should already know my answer"... Superstars fades out as Bob Holly is shown holding up three fingers as the man who was talking to him can be seen visibly smiling

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/WWF_Monday_Night_RAW.jpg

Week 3 January 1997 RAW Preview

Intercontinental Title Match:

Hunter Hearst Helmsley vs. Brian Pillman

Helmsley is set to face Goldust with his Intercontinental Title on the line this Sunday at the Royal Rumble... if he can first get past "The Loose Cannon" Brian Pillman!

Bring A Mystery Partner:

Ahmed Johnson and ??? vs. Farooq and ???

Before Farooq and Ahmed lock horns at the Royal Rumble this Sunday... they have a Mystery Partner Tag Team Match this Monday on RAW! Many would specular that Farooq would bring a Nation member to the match but the Nation Leader promises "Something much bigger"... What is in store for this match on RAW?

Winner Gets the Number 30 Spot in the Rumble

10 Man Over The Top Rope Battle Royal

1. "Stone Cold" Steve Austin
  2. Bret "Hitman" Hart
  3. "British Bulldog" Davey Boy Smith
  4. Goldust
  5. Jerry "The King" Lawler
  6. Mankind
  7. Owen Hart
  8. "Macho Man" Randy Savage
  9. The Executioner
  10. Vader

Week 3 January 97 RAW Results

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/d/d1/WWF_Monday_Night_RAW.jpg

WWF RAW

Week 3 January 1997 (Monday

Anaheim Convention Center (Anaheim, CA)

Live in front of 9,108 Fans

TV Rating 1.62 (Up from 1.59 last week)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/KenShamrock.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/JimCornette.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/Taz.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen my name is James E. Cornette... Founder and leader of Camp Cornette. The man to my left is Ken Shamrock... Ultimate Fighting Expert and legitimately bad man.... the man to my right is someone you may not be familiar with... his name is simply "Taz"... he destroys people... he suplexes them and chokes them out. What they do in the ring isn't pretty but it is effective. This Sunday at the Rumble these two men will show how effective they are as I have purchased with the help of my mothers money a spot for both men in the Royal Rumble... You have been put on notice."

Hunter Hearts Helmsley fought Brian Pillman to a 15:00 Time Limit Draw and retained the Intercontinental Championship

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/Goldust.jpg

Backstage Goldust hypes his match for the Intercontinental Championship against Hunter Hearst Helmsley set for the Royal Rumble. Goldust says he was impressed with Pillman's fight and promises when he wins the belt that he will give Pillman the first title shot...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WWF97/Faarooq.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WWF97/SidVicious.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WWF97/AhmedJohnson-1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WWF97/ShawnMichaels-1.jpg

Faarooq comes out accompanied by the rest of the Nation. Kama and Crush both demand to know why Faarooq hasn't chosen one of them as his tag team partner... Faarooq informs them because the WWF Champion Sycho Sid wants a warm-up match before the Championship Match on Sunday... Sid comes out and shakes hands with Faaroq. Ahmed's music plays and he appears on the stage... Faarooq and Sid taunt Ahmed and say nobody wants to tag with Ahmed against two powerhouses like The Nation's Leader and the WWF Champion... Ahmed says he would typically agree but his partner had a hint that Sid would want in the match and already volunteered for the match just in case... The music of Shawn Michaels plays as the tag match gets underway

Sycho Sid and Faarooq defeated Shawn Michaels and Ahmed Johnson after Sid hit a Powerbomb on Ahmed Johnson at 9:25 while Shawn Michaels was distracted by Bob Holly

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/BobHolly2.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WWF97/SidVicious.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WWF97/ShawnMichaels-1.jpg

Post-match Faarooq leaves with the rest of the Nation as Ahmed is rolled out of the ring and escorted to the back. Michaels looks at Bob Holly who just cost his team the match and looks frustrated... Holly is sporting a new haircut and it is clear that he has been in the gym a bit more lately since under the tutelage of his new mentor. Shawn starts to leave the ring to go after Bob who is standing by the announce table but before he can make it very far Sycho Sid grabs Shawn and hits him with a Powerbomb. Holly approaches the ring with a microphone "Shawn... Me and you used to be pretty close. Hell me and a lot of the guys in the back have always been pretty close. However I say use to be for a number of reasons... How many World Heavyweight Title matches did you give your buddy Bob Holly last year? How many times did you call Bob Holly when you were in a tight corner and needed help? You didn't think I'd be good enough? I wasn't in your Kliq so I wasn't going to get a Title shot? I have news for you Shawn... your whole Kliq left and went south. They packed up to go make $$$ in Turner land. My friend however just came in from Philadelphia and has been waiting to get his hands on you since you ruined his last visit here in the WWF. Sid tonight asked me and him to make our presence known and take you out... kind of like those "Marines" did in that parking lot when you "conveniently" couldn't have a match with my new mentor... His name is a little different this time around but I'll let him introduce himself to you and the entire world... right now"

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="

http://www.youtube.com/embed/fko5Yv-b-B0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/ShaneDouglas.jpg

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas enters the Anaheim Convention Center to a pretty decent ovation of boos. From the ECW Fans to the fans who have witnessed the build up of his debut. Douglas enters the ring and grabs the microphone from Holly "Thanks Bob. One hell of a job introducing me tonight. Shawn... You may not remember me... It's your old buddy "Dean Douglas"... You know the guy who you and your three buds Razor, Diesel and Kid made sure had one living hell of run here in the Federation. Your friends are gone now though Shawn... down in Turnerland collecting checks and politicking a new locker room. I have been waiting for over a year to strike you. The Royal Rumble in your hometown is the night that I don't want you to make it too. If you thought those Marines did a number on you... then you haven't begun to see what me, Bob and our "Client of the Night" Sycho Sid are going to do..."... Douglas sets the microphone down while Michaels lays on the ground semi-conscious... Holly picks up Michaels and hits him with a Falcon's Arrow... Holly and Douglas pick Michaels back up and Sid hits a Powerbomb on Shawn... Douglas looks at Sid and says "My turn".. Sid picks up Shawn and Douglas grabs him for a Belly to Belly Suplex...

Shane grabs the microphone again "Shawn this is just the beginning... Me and Bob are only the start... One more remains in our ranks Shawn... it isn't the big man Sid here. We just wanted to make sure you would walk into your hometown a broken man and forfeit the match... Just like you "handed over a Title to me" just to make sure one of your "Boys" could wrestle me that night and beat me for the Title... I'm a professional wrestler first and foremost and a teacher second... but tonight you are in for the biggest lesson of your life... My name is Shane Douglas and lesson number one is... YOUR ASS JUST GOT FRANCHISED"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/TheUndertaker.jpg

Backstage the Undertaker is interviewed by Dok Hendricks. Taker doesn't say much when Hendricks asked him his opinion on his Casket Match Sunday against Executioner... Taker looks at Dok and says "Executioner... Rest in Peace" as RAW cuts to in ring action

Randy Savage secures the Number 30 Spot in the Royal Rumble match by being in the Final Four with Goldust, Bret Hart and Vader... Bret Hart was eliminated by Steve Austin who grabbed Bret by the hair when Bret was running the ropes... the two brawled to the back. Vader was eliminated when the lights flickered and Undertaker appeared on the stage distracting him long enough for Savage and Goldust to fight it out in the middle of the ring... Savage and Goldust then fought in the last two minutes of the match before Savage was able to get the win by clotheslining Goldust over the Top Rope at 10:27 to win the Number 30 Rumble Spot

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/RandySavage.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v216/macjap/WCW/WWF%2097/Goldust.jpg

After the match Savage celebrates for a moment but sees Goldust on the floor looking dejected by not winning what could have been a career high for him. Savage exits the ring and helps Goldust to his feet... Savage raises Goldust's arm and points to him signifying he respects the Bizarre One... Savage and Goldust celebrate as WWF RAW comes to it's final end before the 1997 Royal Rumble

Any feedback for RAW this week?

Superstars preview will be up later today. After I've published results may take a few days on the rumble so I can make it seem like a legit big card. Dreading the write up for the actual match!

The lead-in episode of WWF Superstars into the Royal Rumble looks to be a very special night with some of WWF's biggest Superstars in attendance! Bret Hart has told WWF President Gorilla Monsoon he will be in attendance and has a word or two for the President and his rival Steve Austin about where he wants to be placed in the Royal Rumble match!

The Rough Riders are set to open up the show against The Goddwinns in what could be a very hard hitting and exciting tag team bout just days before The Rough Riders shot at Owen Hart and The British Bulldog... Speaking of the Tag Team Champions... they have promised to attend the show so they can further scout the Rough Riders before the much anticipated WWF Tag Team Title bout.

The Tag Team action doesn't stop there though as the WWF continues to build towards having the hottest tag team division in wrestling by having Aldo Montoya and Barry Horrowitz yet again team up in order to try and take on Wrestling's Most Dangerous Men (Taz and Ken Shamrock)... Cornette has promised that these two men will destroy anyone put in there way in the WWF and are hell bent on proving they are the two toughest, meanest and most deadly men in the WWF!

"The Franchise" Shane Douglas made a shocking debut on RAW this week by taking out WWF Champion Shawn Michaels. WWF President Gorilla Monsoon definitely doesn't agree with the actions of "the Franchise but definitely wants to see what the fuss is about with the man from Pittsburgh. Another man that wasn't pleased with Shane's actions is his opponent in the Main Event of Superstars... Savio Vega... Vega hasn't been able to put everything together lately to get back on his feet after losing a Tag Team and Intercontinental Title shot... with Superstars airing right before the Rumble... Will this match have Royal Rumble implications? Could we see the Franchise compete in the Rumble?

Quick Pick List:

Shane Douglas vs. Savio Vega

Wrestling's Most Dangerous Men vs. Aldo Montoya and Barry Horrowitz

Bob Holly vs. Leif Cassidy

The Rough Riders vs. The Goddwinns

<p><strong>Shane Douglas</strong> vs. Savio Vega</p><p>

<strong>Wrestling's Most Dangerous Men</strong> vs. Aldo Montoya and Barry Horrowitz</p><p>

<strong>Bob Holly</strong> vs. Leif Cassidy</p><p>

<strong>The Rough Riders</strong> vs. The Goddwinns</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="alvarasus" data-cite="alvarasus" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I thought it was a good show. Shane Douglas was a good surprise as the teacher. Ken Shamrock and Taz should be a interesting tag team.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> I have long terms plan for Shamrock/Taz if they can build momentum/gain popularity that includes what I believe to be a fun WrestleMania 14 Match (Next year)</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36025" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was reading before, but as a guy who has stolen just about my whole gimmick from Shane Douglas you now have me hooked. <p> </p><p> Awesome job so far. </p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thankyou sir. The Douglas tease was hard to patiently pull off... I tried to leave subtle hints but still debut him in a big way.</p><p> </p><p> Trying to keep my debuts/new talent low but dammit I keep having really good ideas... I want to potentially extend a working relationship with AJPW/CMLL to counter act WCW's with AAA/NJPW. I have direction I want to go with the European Title that would be fun if a lot more international workers were involved at least part time. </p><p> </p><p> Someone had mentioned Miracle Violence Connection vs. Rough Riders earlier and it would be the sickest tag match ever!!! As far as stiffness goes in the late 90s. WCW has a tag division full of star power but really want mine to be guys who beat the tar out of each other plus some good technicians like Owen/Davey and Furnas/LaFon. Extending a working relationship to AJPW would give me Dr. Death for a long enough time to build a fun match with MVC and the Rough Riders. </p><p> </p><p> Just hard sometimes to blur the line between plausibility and fantasy. I do have Cornette booking though so of course things would be a little more hard hitting and "southern". One reason I'm phasing out a lot of the cartoony gimmicks in favor for more realistic styles... Cornette mentions in his "Timeline History of WWF 97" DVD on Kayfabe commentaries that was the way he pitched to go creatively.</p>

<p><strong>Shane Douglas</strong> vs. Savio Vega</p><p>

I see this one going the Franchise's way to get him going in his first match with the company. Though I think it could come as a result of a DQ if HBK gets involved.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Wrestling's Most Dangerous Men</strong> vs. Aldo Montoya and Barry Horrowitz</p><p>

Good way to help get this team over is to have them dominate against two guys very good at selling.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>Bob Holly</strong> vs. Leif Cassidy</p><p>

I see Holly going on a winning streak here. This loss could also help pave the way for Leif Cassidy going off the deep end and becoming Al Snow.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong>The Rough Riders</strong> vs. The Goddwinns</p><p>

A win to keep their momentum going into the Tag Title Match.</p>

Archived