Possible problem - run time error.

Hello,

I am a huge fan of the game, and I'm planning to buy the full version soon, however there is a problem I encountered which is possibly game breaking. I have only played the demo, but recently I've been unable to load my saved game because of an error. It's "run time error 5 invalid procedure or argument" to be exact.

Now is there anything that can be done to fix this? I was sold on the game, but if it's not going to work properly I might have to pass...

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I thought I would post this here instead of starting a new thread. I ran into a Run-time error '9' today. Here is the picture of it...</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://s969.photobucket.com/user/BHK1978/media/kobe%20mod/NewBitmapImage-2_zpsb918b73c.jpg.html" rel="external nofollow"><span>http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae173/BHK1978/kobe%20mod/NewBitmapImage-2_zpsb918b73c.jpg</span></a></p><p> </p><p>

Upon getting the error I am unable to do anything with the game and it just shuts down.</p><p> </p><p>

<em>Edit:</em> I forgot to add that I am playing the Retail version and I have the most recent update (3.0.14).</p>

This was caused by the bug that moved teams to the first division in the list when viewing them in the current league editor. All teams got changed to the same conference so it was crashing when trying to find playoff teams for the empty conference. I sent you a link to a fixed version of your save.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="Brian Nichols" data-cite="Brian Nichols" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36055" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>This was caused by the bug that moved teams to the first division in the list when viewing them in the current league editor. All teams got changed to the same conference so it was crashing when trying to find playoff teams for the empty conference. I sent you a link to a fixed version of your save.</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Thank you fixing it.</p>

• 4 weeks later...

<p>I get this same runtime 5 error every time I try to load a game. </p><p> </p><p>

I tried a reinstall and that did nothing. </p><p> </p><p>

I had not played the game in a while since you were doing lots of updates. It used to work fine but when I installed 3.16 and started trying to play again I cannot load any save.</p>

<p>I got it to work.</p><p> </p><p>

It seems there may be a problem with the very beginning stages of fictional leagues.</p><p> </p><p>

I started a new league at the beginning of the free agency period. Every time I save prior to the end of the training period then the save won't reload. I tried about a dozen times. Start a new game, save at any stage during the FA period and it won't reload.</p><p> </p><p>

But when I played through until the first pre-season games and then saved then the game reloads just fine.</p><p> </p><p>

I'm guessing maybe it has something to do with teams not having enough players or something similar.</p><p> </p><p>

Anyway thanks for responding.</p>

It would still be helpful to know the date format used on your computer. (mm/dd/yyyy, dd/mm/yyyy, yyyy/dd/mm, or yyyy/mm/dd)

Error 5 when loading has consistently been caused by an issue with the date format. I need to try and recreate it so I can fix the issue causing this particular instance of it.

OK I think it's a problem with the year 1900.

I start my leagues at 1900. I just tested 1899 and 1901 and they work just fine.

From new game screen change year to 1900. pick US developmental league ( the fourth and last option) Everything else leave as default.

I add myself as coach and choose the bulls as my team which then takes me to the hotseat screen.

I save at this point. When I reload it gives me the error. As noted above when I change year to 1899 or 1901 the saves work properly. I've tested it several times for different years and as far as I no 1900 is the only bad year. Naturally my choice.

Strange.

Archived