Reawakening the Crimson Tide Giant

[IMG]http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/namerica/usstates/aaposter/bama.jpg[/IMG] Saturdays when the Bear was calling the plays at Bryant Denny were a thing of legend. Every team that came in there, and saw that sea of Crimson knew they would see a L in the paper tomorrow morning. There are no words that would do justice to just how amazing watching those men take care of business was. Since the years after coach Bryant's death the shine of Alabama football has glistened just a little less. Scandal has run rampant through the streets of Tuscaloosa. And we haven’t seen a football game in January since the beginning of the century. Still they manage to wreck a good number of teams every year but the pride, the fear, the glory that Bryant created has gone into hiding. That is what I'm here for. Its time to find that glory again and arise the giant that is Alabama Crimson Tide football. If you remember the 79' team they were a defensive juggernaut only allowing five points a game. I want to bring that back. I want to terrorize teams with defenses that will go down in record books of something of legend.

[QUOTE] If you remember the 79' team they were a defensive juggernaut only allowing five points a game. I want to bring that back. I want to terrorize teams with defenses that will go down in record books of something of legend.[/QUOTE] Will we get the Option/ Wishbone attack also? Would be cool to see. I am currently in the process of moving Nebraska back to the Option - Smashmouth of the Tom Osborne era.

[QUOTE=GridironGamer]Will we get the Option/ Wishbone attack also? Would be cool to see. I am currently in the process of moving Nebraska back to the Option - Smashmouth of the Tom Osborne era.[/QUOTE] I'd like to but I don't really have the players to do it at the moment but If I can get those type of players in the future its very possible.

As I come into this job they are giving me all the resources to compete right away. We are going to seek the services of Cole Scouting who has the best reputation of anyone in the south, and we are going to give our doctors, tutors, and conditioning coaches the best resources in the land. The alumni are giving me a real easy year when it comes to expectations. They are only requesting I put a good show up in the SEC and make a bowl bid, and of course not embarrass ourselves when those crooks the Auburn Tigers come into town. As for the guys I've got helping me every week they are a decent bunches of coach but I will look for upgrades. David Ulmer, a graduate of Boston College, is getting paid too much money to keep disappointing us. He likes running the Run N' Gun offense and we've got him excited as that is what the Tide offense is running from for 05'. David Briscoe who comes from the fields of Kansas can only game plan well and after this year that won't be enough so look for old Davey boy to be calling shots elsewhere next year. He likes running a 4-2-5 and once again the coach lucks out as that is the best defense to run at the moment. Special team wise we are nothing to talk about and if we are going to depend on the kicker to win games we're in trouble.

[SIZE=5][CENTER]Offense of the 05' TIDE[/CENTER][/SIZE] [b]Quarterback[/b] (So.) Randall Brown 5/8 - Randall will be the starter on opening day. He has a great arm that in two years could be among the best in the nation. While he lacks any scrambling ability he could still pull ahead a few yards on a sneak with his huge frame. This kid’s work ethic also makes me jump as he should reach his potential with no problems. (Sr.) Mike Haggans 5/5 - Mike has only two things over Brown. Experience and Legs. He can get out of the pocket on occasion and as a senior has a maturity that Brown lacks. This could put him as the starter somewhere down the road. The things that he lacks to be a good collegiate QB are his size and his inability to throw the deep bomb. (Jr.) Steve Reese 2/4 - This kid could only be put in to help run the option and that is all. [b]Halfback/Tailback[/b] (So. RS) Don Long 5/8 - Don and Randall could pack a deadly one two punch when they are seniors. Don is a speed back at 5'9 and could be a dual threat with his decent hands. He is slow hitting the block but can out run most linebackers already in the SEC. His blocking and work ethic could keep me up at night. (Sr.) Jack Evans 5/5 - Jack has a 3 inch advantage over Don and with better blocking skills could take away from Don’s playing time. He is able to hit the block very quickly but can be caught fairly soon after as he lacks true speed. He doesn’t have any real strength but could break a tackle or two every game. (So.) Mike Hutchinson 3/7 - Mike will probably see no carries this season but if we are in a 5 wide out set he could be a very dangerous target. [b]Fullback[/b] (Sr.) James Arrington 6/6 - James has a great frame at 6'2 220 and could shed a great number of tackles. After you get over that though this bruiser is nothing spectacular as he is decent in every area and could even catch a decent number of passes this year. (Sr.) Ryan Clark 3/3 - This guy has none of the qualities of a fullback and it seems he would work well as a receiver but I need him as the only other fullback I have is not even close to being prepared to run at the college level. [b]Wide Receiver[/b] (Jr. RS) Fred Schroeder 8/9 - Fred is going to be the star of the Tide offense this year and hopefully if he listens to me next year. His acceleration is amazing and on short routes he should easily be open. At 6'6 he also has a height advantage over 95% of all the defensive backs in college ball. This is not to overshadow his speed which mixed with his acceleration makes him an easy All-American candidate. He can jump with the best of them and barely ever screws up a route or drops a pass. The success of the Tide will fall on his play making ability. (Fr.) Reggie Massey 4/10 - This kid is very raw and lacks any showstopping ability. Hopefully through his work ethic which is good enough to expect him to be all-conference by his senior year. He’ll be able to create a strong 1-2 punch if Schroeder will come back next year and if they are able to do as I hope look for a strong Tide receiving core next year. (So.) Phil McAdoo 4/6 - Sadly Phil does not get the recognition he deserves. He doesn’t have any of the amazing attributes the other two have but he has decent ability to make a defense pay if they forget about him. (Jr. RS) Morlon Mitchell 3/3 - As a fourth option he’s about what you would expect. No reason to really worry about the QB throwing to him while he’s on the field. He will do one thing though he will keep the team GPA up as he is a genius. [b]Tight End[/b] (So.) Bob Barton - 5/8 - Bob almost got put second on the chart but I decided I want another receiver instead of another blocker. Bob is huge at 6'6 240 but yet he has hands as light and graceful as an All-American wide out. Like I said he’s a receiver but he has good blocking skill just barely below the #2. Also, he has an amazing ethic but yet he could be watching from the stands if his grades slip up. (Jr.) Sean Powell 5/8 - Sean is almost a duplicate of Bob in frame and skill but while Bob has better hands Powell can open up a bigger hole for the running game. As for when he’s playing as a receiver he can roll over any defender that tries to tackle him and has great instincts. He has the brains that Bob lacks but the heart I wish he would gain. (Sr.) Rod Bernet 3/3 - The oldest of this group he’ll give the young kids leadership and that will be it. He could spend time on the special teams as a long snapper and hopefully so as that will be the only action he would see. (Fr.) Kevin Sandusky ½ - His amazing work ethic will be the determining factor to decide if he suits up in 06'. [b]Offensive Tackles[/b] (Jr. RS) Rob LeClair 6/8 - At 326 pounds this young man is the leader of the Tide o-line. He is already one of the best pass blockers in the nation and his run blocking skill is the best on the line. I hope he doesn’t declare this spring. (Jr.) Tim Moran 5/7 - He is only below LeClair because of his weight. He is twenty pounds yet has almost the same blocking ability. Long is very happy knowing these guys will lead him when he runs to the outside. (Fr.) Tim Hill 1/5 - If either one goes down this kid will step in. That scares me very much as he is just too raw for college ball but I have no other options. [b]Offensive Guards[/b] (Jr.) Trevor Bland 6/7 - This kid has the most riding on him on the line. While Hill and Moran are the tops at tackles. Bland is the only decent player in the guard section. His blocking ability will not only have to step up a level but his job as a mentor has risen. As #2 and #3 on the chart are both freshman. I believe though he will come through with flying colors. (Fr. RS) Bob Norton 3/6 - He’ll be leading the right and as a freshman could get eaten alive very quickly. He should be able to hold himself on natural talent alone but his inexperience could kill us in games. (Fr.) John Ellison 1/9 - This kid has nothing to offer right now and should be red shirting but I don’t have enough backups to do so. He could dominate in a couple of years though. Maybe even an All-American? (Sr.) Ed Jameson 2/2 - Like Bland he will be a mentor and that is all as he has no real talent. [b]Centers[/b] (Sr.) Wade Harris 3/3 - He will be the only starting senior on the line. He only has decent pass blocking ability while his run blocking leaves something to be desired. His experience is what I’m banking on. (Jr.) John Josiah 1/6 - This monster is actually ten pounds over his ideal weight and could hold his own against the best in the land if his ethic finally pays off. Next year if he doesn’t improve he could very well be on his own for a degree. (Jr.) Reggie Moss 1/1 - Doesn’t deserve anything.

[CENTER][SIZE=5]The Stone Cold Bama Defense[/CENTER][/SIZE] [b]Defensive End[/b] (Jr.) Chuck Benjamin 3/6 - Chuck is a decent guy and sadly the best we got at the position. He should be easily controlled by the lines in the SEC as he’s a skinny kid by college standards. He can break through a couple of times but most will call it luck. His work ethic is something that could make you sick so he will probably not improve over his final years. (Sr.) Ron Poole 3/3 - Ron is starting because he is a senior. He will threaten no offensive lineman and could very well be held all game almost effortlessly. I just hope that Ena learns how to handle himself from this guy. (Fr.) Stephen Ena 2/5 - He is very raw but I like this kid. He doesn’t really have any special points but he’s a smart disciplined kid that knows what is needed to succeed at this level. He could be a force on this line in a couple of years. [b]Defensive Tackle[/b] (Jr. RS) Doug Harrison 6/6 - He is going to be the force that controls the success of this line and possibly this defense. He is a strong 285 pounder and has amazing skills that gets him to the QB with ease and once he wraps you up you are down. He has a durability and ethic that resembles another football legend and he got a movie. (Jr.) Chris Smith 2/5 - This kid is overweight but that could prove powerful as he doesn’t have the same grace and ease that Harrison has so it might be best that he just bulldoze through. He does have a great head and a want to win attitude that could make him a formidable presence next year. (So.) Dave Petty 1/4 - He has no real talent and I’m very fearful to see him in if one of the above two goes down. [b]Outside Linebackers[/b] (Sr.) Ron McIntosh 7/7 - This is the star of our defense. He knows that the success and composure of this young defensive squad runs through him. He has beautiful vision and once he finds the ball carrier he explodes and gives one of the most devastating tackles in the nation. He not only will disrupt any ball carrier but has the speed to stay with almost any wide out in college football. Look for McIntosh to earn all-Southeastern honors by the end of the season. (Fr. RS) Jim Young 2/4 - I don’t know how much more to say as his name indicate it all. Young. Inexperienced. He has a decent work ethic so he wants to get better but how much better could he get? (So. RS) Freddie Crosby 1/1 - You sicken me (So.) Keith Papac ½ - See your friend Mr. Crosby [b]Inside Linebackers[/b] (Jr.) Darrell Turner 5/8 - The only other real starter besides McIntosh that has any idea what he’s doing on the defensive side. He is McIntosh Jr. as he has a great grasp of the game but yet lacks the monstrous ability of McIntosh. He’ll take the job though as the leader next year so he needs to learn and watch him as much as he can. (So.) Mike Payton 4/10 - He could be a legend once his years are through as he has talent equaling the best, but don’t let that fool you. This guy has decent ability at the moment, he knows how to bring down the ball carrier and is a natural in coverage, but his 5'11 frame could keep him from achieving some of his potential. (Sr.) Deron Little 2/2 - Deron is your typically senior. He has nothing great to offer the team but yet he has intelligence that could prove vital in a close game. If it’s a chess match I want this guy at the helm. [b]Cornerbacks[/b] (Sr.) Patrick Brazile 5/5 - Very little can be said about this kid when talking in a good sense but you can tear him apart quite easily. He lacks the speed to be a corner as he can get off the ball quick but if given a deep route he will be outran almost all the time. He has decent instincts but won’t make a big play very often and worst of all he is 5'9. (Fr.) Herman Skansi 3/7 - Herman is going to be a star but not yet. He has good size at 6'1 to not be manhandled. He has great instincts for a freshman but even thats not great. He also lacks real speed so he could be easily burned. (Fr.) Roger Irons 2/8 - Look at Herman its almost exactly the same. (So.) Jeff Volek 2/6 - I really want to play my first game so I’m just going to put names and overall/talent for the rest of the way. [b]Safeties[/b] (Jr.) Tony Alston 2/4 (Sr.) R.J. Haselrig 4/4 (So.) Monty Sulfsted 1/5 (Jr.) Olandis Hardy 4/5 (Fr.) Allen Smith 1/4 (Fr.) Alex Mack 1/3

I only have nine games set up this year and I’d like to have a full twelve game schedule. I offer home/away series to the following teams. Arizona Wildcats - I want a decent team from a good conference to be a good draw for a home game. We should win if they accept. Colorado State - I wanted a team that would pretty much be a creampuff but would still give us a little respect. Notre Dame - Two legendary programs who combine for two dozen titles. This is a beginning of a beautiful rivalry. Sadly only Arizona accepts so I’m forced to offer elsewhere Maryland - A decent program in the ACC which should give us a win but also a nice revenue boost. Colorado - Like us a darkhorse in its conference. Could end up being a great game. Again I'm shown the door. So I'm down to my final week of scheduling. Georgia Tech - I'd like to have a big conference team on my non-conference schedule so thats why the Yellow Jackets are so wanted. Notre Dame - Now I failed before but the glamour is just too good to pass up. I only get 1 of those and its Notre Dame who says yes to a game in South Bend on week 13. This leaves us with only 11 games but its a strong schedule and will definitely tell us where we measure up in college football. The Final Schedule 1 OPEN 2 at Arizona 3 OPEN 4 at Vanderbilt 5 at #6 LSU 6 Kentucky 7 at Tennessee 8 Miss State 9 Florida Atlantic 10 at Arkansas 11 OPEN 12 #21 Ole Miss 13 at #16 Notre Dame 14 #23 Auburn 15 OPEN Now if your familiar with Athlon Sports you'll understand this. But I'm predicting we'll go 6-2-3 (The 3 is games that are too close to call)

Week 1 Bye In the SEC Southern Mississippi 20, Mississippi State 41 #5 LSU 42, South Florida 14 Tennessee 17, Toledo 31 Vanderbilt 24, UTEP 19 #20 Auburn 46, Oregon State 43 (3OT) Arkansas 12, Oregon 28 Shocking Upsets Illinois 27, #8 Nebraska 24 West Virginia 14, #20 Texas Tech 9

Archived