Recruiting Stat Additions

While the game is loaded with stats already, which is awesome, there are some stats that in my opinion ahould be considered being incorporated to better assist in evaluating HS talent. Here are some examples: RB/FB - Add # fumbles, key blocks, wrong running holes. WR/TE - Add # of drops, wrong route ran, key run blocks. OL - # of pancakes, # of sacks allowed. P/K - # of Touchbacks, Kickoff Avg, Kickoff Net (Punt Avg & Net are already being tracked). DE/DT - # of missed tackles. Most of these stats appear on the player cards when they are on your college team, so why are they not on the HS recruit player cards or recruiting screens?? There are some stats on recruit player cards, that while not populated, seem to in my opinion, be useless or misplaced given the position. Here are some examples: RB/FB - # of interceptions. OL - # of tackles, # of interceptions. Just some thoughts as I have played through a couple of seasons. This post may be more appropriate in the suggestion thread, I was not sure. I am thoroughly enjoying this game, thanks to all for the hard work.

I don't think some of these things should be included because scouts get their stats from the HS team... and I dont know about every high school... but mine is on the list and we dont keep stats for key blocks, wrong holes, or wrong routes...

Are these stats not kept during each HS game in real life?? I would bet that real life scouts utilize game statistics to make a good judgement on talent level on the HS level. I guess my biggest point is that the stats are being tracked once the recruit gets to your college (on the player card), so why can they not be added for recruiting purposes. All positions have stats for which one can judge some sort of talent for recruits, except OL. There should be some stat beside bench press, and squats that one could make a better judgement off of. Again, this is not a criticism, just a observation or suggestion. Appreciate the posts.

HS players often play on both sides of the ball. That's why you will see a RB prospect often with tackles and interceptions tracked for him as well. Look on sites like rivals.com and other recruiting sites and you will rarely see the stats you talk about. Instead, you will see main stats for their position plus stats for other spots they play (ie, defense or returning). This is the type of thing we are trying to show in BBCF.

Great, thank you for the post Arlie, I appreciate the explanation and insight. I will check out rivals.com to see what stats, for example linemen are recorded. I guess I thought there would be more significant stats than just how much a lineman benchpresses or squats to determine talent. :) Once again, thank you for all your hard work. The game is awesome.

Archived