arlie:  

33 members have voted

1. 1. arlie:

• yes
    • no

i think it would be a lot better if it was re-worked so that, during the first season in a game, the player has the ability to recruit and hire the coaching staff before playing the games. i don't like starting with crappy assistants and having no 'feel' for any of the players on the team.

I would agree with the coaches.. The new head coach almost always gets to hire his assistants. Recruiting on the other hand. Most of the time first year coaches have little effect on recruits. Many have already commited to other teams by the time a coach gets hired.

I'm ambivalent about recruiting first or playing the season first. But the assistant hiring/firing when I first start is a necessity. Yes, I can (and do) sim through the first season, but since Arlie has no mechanism in this game for starting unemployed, those games count on my record... I find this rather annoying.

• 2 weeks later...
Even if you hire from within, a new Head Coach still decides his coaching staff. Just because the new HC came from within, doesnt mean he agrees with the current coaching staffs philosophy. Plus, if he was hired from inside, he would still have to find his replacement.

Archived