Remote Desktop Info

Has anyone tried remote desktop? This really stinks. I wanted to watch the bowl games today and fire up bowl bound on my personal desktop from my work laptop. Our company policy doesn't allow me to install the game on my laptop and elicense requires the game to be installed even to use it via remote desktop. :mad: Thought I would share what I found for those of you who can install the game on your laptops. Here is the article: Can I run eLicensed software from another computer? Can I use terminal server or remote desktop with eLicensed software? You can execute eLicensed software across the LAN, but a valid eLicense must be installed on the machine where you are sitting. Suppose the software is installed on machine A and you want to run it from machine B. Install temporarily on machine B and get the license. Then you can uninstall from machine B (the license remains). You launch using the network or via a shortcut on machine B of the type "\\MachineB\ShareDrive\MyAppInstalled\MyApp.exe". eLicense does not support Terminal Server or Remote Desktop. In order to run an eLicensed application, there must be an eLicense on the computer where you are sitting. You can run programs installed on another machine via the LAN, (without the software being installed locally), but you must have a appropriate eLicense on your machine.

was actually thinking about trying it via RDP, or Citrix, but looks like i won't now. You can use a streaming desktop software for this though. Go to Logmein.com and create an account, download and install the client onto your home pc, then connect from work and launch the game, u can do full screen mode. It does work.

Archived