open office walkthrough

Okay I need one. So I change it to mdb and then try to open it with open office and I get this filter options screen and then if I click okay it is just a bunch of garbled characters. So could someone post a dummy step by step guide on how to open the pstats file with open office. Keep it simple :)

You just need to rename your pstats file in your BBCF folder. So... pstats.dat becomes pstats.mdb by right clicking on the pstats.dat file and choosing the rename option... just remove the 'dat' and replace it with 'mdb'. When you open OpenOffice just choose to look for Access files and you should now be able to see the pstats.mdb file. Just remember when you're done editing to change your pstats.mdb file back to pstats.dat. Making a backup of your original pstats.dat is a good idea... it helps keep Murphy away

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE=Deltoidius]once i am done editing i can't figure out what to do to make the file usable for the game. i am left with a few kilobyte .odm file when i started with a 2.5 megabyte .dat file. any ideas?[/QUOTE] .odm file? Do you mean .odb file? When you are making changes in OpenOffice the changes are actually being done to the .mdb file. When you exit OpenOffice you will be asked to save the file and it gets saved as a .odb file. OpenOffice uses the .odb file as a sort of short cut to the .mdb file (I think). To make the file usable just follow the instructions in my post above.

Archived