Splitting WWE in 2 (Real World game)

Me and a friend are planning a real world current-day WWE game. The basic setup would be that one of us runs RAW and the other runs SmackDown.

However, I don't want either to be perceived as being a weaker brand (like SmackDown currently is) Instead, I want them to be doing battle. This isn't a problem except when it gets to PPV's. Ideally, we'd need each show to have their own PPV but I'm not entirely sure how to achieve this in-game.

Anybody got any pointers? So far I've considered;

- Having RAW & SmackDown exist as two separare companies; WWE RAW & WWE SmackDown. This way, I can have each show hold their own PPV's (but maybe on different nights) Of course, this would cause a problem when it comes to stuff like the big WWE events (WrestleMania, Royle Rumble, Summerslam etc)

- Bringing back WCW. Again, in the database they'd exists as 2 separate companies but, in my head, it'd still be WWE. This would allow us to have 2 big PPV's per month for the different companies.

Anybody here got any feedback / suggestions ?

I like the idea of bringing back WCW. What you could do to simulate that you're still one company though is, create an alliance(I usually use the name Titan Sports or WWE Inc) and have talent trading on so you could still simulate roster cross over and what not. Should work though.

<p>@Jaysin: I love the idea of creating an alliance to simulate WWE still being one company but who decided to bring back WCW.</p><p> </p><p>

@Showtime: My main problem with this is the big shows like WrestleMania, Royal Rumble, SummerSlam etc. I wouldn't want to have one brands matches appearing as being weaker than the other one. If a RAW match Main Events WrestleMania, it makes SmackDown look weak, and vice versa.</p>

The way to solve that Uk, is to have the hottest title feud headline the big events. Or run two separate companies and alternate events...but the calendar would need to be tweaked, as WWE's big events are in what...January, April, August and November?

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="CQI13" data-cite="CQI13" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36830" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>The way to solve that Uk, is to have the hottest title feud headline the big events. Or run two separate companies and alternate events...but the calendar would need to be tweaked, as WWE's big events are in what...January, April, August and November?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> Yeah, probably the way I'm gonna go in all honestly.</p><p> </p><p> Did WWF & WCW PPV's used to go head-to-head or did WCW hold them on different nights?</p>

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="UkWrestleFan" data-cite="UkWrestleFan" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="36830" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>Yeah, probably the way I'm gonna go in all honestly.<p> </p><p> Did WWF & WCW PPV's used to go head-to-head or did WCW hold them on different nights?</p></div></blockquote><p> </p><p> They held them on different nights mate.</p>

I think you're hardest decision is which player gets main event of the PPVs you hold together. In that case, i'd either use which main feud is hotter.. i think that could work. That way you can look back and see who really did better in time by checking the main events(although it will only account for one feud of several.)

Im not sure what you are meaning by saying SD is weaker overall. IRL yes it is but it wont be if you make it an A show and actually let it compete. But you can achieve this as one company.

For PPVs you split the PPV time in half. Each of you gets 2 hours if you run a 4 hour PPV. 1.5 hours if you run 3 hour PPV.

Now in terms of match order you use your Storyline heat to decide that. If you each put in 5 storylines in a PPV thats maybe your top 5 feuds going on or top 4. Whatever you want. But also if you do angles maybe a coin toss or even have one before your own matches or after them.

You can make this work as 1 company. But if you want 2 PPVs strictly to see the PPV differences than go ahead and put them both on Sunday. Thats the best to see who is getting more fans compared to who. Than 2 companies may work out if you want 2 different PPVs.

Archived