I was wondering if anyone could tell be what they do for recruiting, or point me in the direction of another thread? I have only recruited two classes, but I'm struggling. I only have 3 DTs on my team, but I find that none are interested in me. Of those I recruited, all went elsewhere. I know that is the breaks sometimes, but I ended up with 5-6 LBs and no DLs. Thanks in advance for any help.

3.0 (4.5), 3.5 (4.5), 2.0 (4.0) -- 1 SR, 1 JR, 1 RsFR On the other side, I got 3 OLB commits and I already had 6 on my roster! I realize I shouldn't have gone for so many, but I hated the idea of losing out on some higher rated players. Are there times when you can evaluate a 2.0 star to be a little better, or figure a 5.0 might not be worth it?

Hope this helps... 3.0 (4.5), 3.5 (4.5), 2.0 (4.0) -- 1 SR, 1 JR, 1 RsFR On the other side, I got 3 OLB commits and I already had 6 on my roster! I realize I shouldn't have gone for so many, but I hated the idea of losing out on some higher rated players. [COLOR=Blue]- Ok. You have 2 solid players for the coming season with a solid prospect in the 3rd spot on the depth chart. Assuming the JR and the RS/FR both develop over the coming season your starters look set for next season. - Given your current depth chart it's not likely you will land a 4 or 5 star guy unless he already has a high interest in your school already. - Look for guys in your Recruiting Region (closer to home state the better) and avoid guys that indicate PT is very important unless they have an interest level of 9 or 10. Watch the interest level though because it fluctuates throughout the recruiting process. - Try to find a guy close to home indicating location but pay attention to his school list. If he's listing schools out of your area he's probably looking for an out-of-area school. - Try to find a sleeper (3-star or 2-star guy that fits one of the 2 categories below).[/COLOR] Are there times when you can evaluate a 2.0 star to be a little better, or figure a 5.0 might not be worth it? [COLOR=Blue]- Yes. - I have had success with several players by doing my homework. - DT for example... I look for Speed & Quickness (Pressure guy); or Strength & Point of Attack (Run Stuffer). - Also, look at Work Ethic. Guys with a higher Work Ethic are more likely to improve.[/COLOR]

If it doesn't work out you can switch the guy back to LB. I have never had problems with this. For some reason I always have lots of pretty good OLBs and MLBs that commit late in the recruiting process. I have found that a guy who is a green or yellow rated linebacker is usually a fair-to-good DT. Of course I would only switch a guy who is big enough to play on the d line. One thing though—I usually redshirt the player after switching him so this may not be a good short term solution.

Archived