[HYPE] The Return of the War - January 4th 2010 Real World TNA vs WWE

Really hyped for a mod around about this time period and also, personally, the layout of the bio's you're going for is something I'd prefer rather than the paragraphs of detail done for other mods.

Really looking forward to this. Good luck, mate.

Thanks for the support pal.

Ok last update before release - I've implemented a wealth of changes to stats as per advice from Teh Showtime and Fleisch, as well as sorting out ECW as p[er Froot Loop's advice.

I feel it's at a state ready for release. I'm sure the odd niggling mistake will be found (the odd age by 1 year or someone at WWE or ROH starting off as a face when they should be a heel) - these will all be addressed in an update or ironed out in the last pre-release look.

The plan now is to send this final version one final time to Froot Loop, Teh Showtime and Fleisch for a once over and hopefully then it will be ready to put out. I was going to show it to Derek B too but I'll PM him on that - I'm aware he's a busy man and working on Wespirit so is probably to busy and I want to get this out asap as I'm off to Barcelona and Amsterdam soon.

One question to you all:

AJ Styles was a face at the start of January but by week 2 of January after Genesis 2010 he had turned heel with Flair as his manager. Some may want to replicate this (especially since Styles' lack of mic skills would be best complimented by Flair's abundance of them as a manager). The irritating thing is that due to the rigidity of heel turns/face turns in the game engine, it always says that Styles' recent turn to face was too recent and cannot be turned again (where do they get this from?!).

Is there anyway the mod can be edited/contract be edited so that this doesn't happen? Because I'm sure many people will want to turn him heel and pair him with Flair (I know I do!). If people want I can start Styles off as heel as there's only a 2 week difference. If not then I suppose for myself I'll make a copy of my mod for personal use and have Styles as a heel to begin with.

This is definitely something to look at for the next installment of TEW whenever that may be. It's a great, great game but very difficult to manage a roster when you start out to accord with your plans. Sure, if someone is a heel/face turn wh*re like Big Show the turn deserves to be a failure and sure, a new owner can't just come in and switch around 5-10 faces or heels but not every face/heel turn is a disaster just because there's been a 3-5 month gap.

<p>Regrettably</p><p> </p><p>

Hello all</p><p> </p><p>

Something very regrettable and stupid on my part has happened. Il let this thread that now reeks of futile desperation summarise:</p><p> </p><p>

<a href="http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1940433#post1940433" rel="external nofollow">http://www.greydogsoftware.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1940433#post1940433</a></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

A real shame. Unfortunately the latest version ie the one to go out which was deleted had a ton of updates. The updates were painstakingly done and anyone who has made a mod knows that the most horrible part is rescaling worker individual stats. It is simply not something I can spend 13 hours in again without going insane and so I will have to push this project aside for a considerable length probably until I next have a long break (Christmas).</p><p> </p><p>

I'd like to apologise to everyone anticipating it and thank Fleisch, Showtime and Froot for their invaluable input that led to a well balanced mod that now no more is. </p><p> </p><p>

I will be making another mod in the coming weeks and will make a thread about potential options as I'm looking to make an alternate reality one. </p><p> </p><p>

Apologies again.</p>

Archived