Trying to find a balance

One of the things I have struggled with when modding in CBH and WreSpi2 is understanding the baseline power level of the default databases. So before WreSpi3 is released, I have a question or two for Adam in an attempt to better understand.

Is there a formula you use to balance moves? Do you have a system for weighing damage against chance of success, and does that system also take into account the externals such as versatility as a counter, submission chance, pinfall attempt, etc.?

I'm just curious as to the process for the new game. I wish it didn't matter, but it does because the damage and match end scenarios are all controlled on the back end, so the power level and balance of moves on the front end is difficult to judge.

Thanks for any input,

Jake

I don't have a system, I just go with what makes sense within context and try and be consistent. With WreSpi, the in-built limits make it impossible to design a move that is ridiculously OTT, so there's not much to worry about in that regard, and as long as the database is internally consistent it does not matter at all whether it matches any other database (as the wrestlers would all be using the same moves anyway and so there's no advantage to be gained).

Most of the stats are converted straight from TEW, so no adjustment was needed. The ones I did do by hand I managed by assigning them to four groups (Poor, Average, Good, World Class), defining a range for each, and then assigning based upon judgement. The in-game new worker creation works on the same principle.

Archived