Extra game added to schedule

I was in the budget phase of my 2007 season with Hawaii. I am checking the AD's expectations (the Team Info screen) and notice that I have 9 games scheduled. 8 of them are the usual conference games but it seems that the game added a week 9 game vs Arkansas State. It is not the back end of a home and home ( I hadn't scheduled any home and homes the season before).

On occassion, when I am in the scheduling phase of the pre-season, I will have 11 games confirmed. When I go to the first week of the regular season I have an E-Mail saying the AD has randomly scheduled someone to my schedule and now have 12 games. Does not do this say but 10% of the time and I am not sure if it has happened with v1.03.

[QUOTE=Dave Hansen]On occassion, when I am in the scheduling phase of the pre-season, I will have 11 games confirmed. When I go to the first week of the regular season I have an E-Mail saying the AD has randomly scheduled someone to my schedule and now have 12 games. Does not do this say but 10% of the time and I am not sure if it has happened with v1.03.[/QUOTE] It has happened once in 9 seasons with my team. I though it odd, but enjoyed the extra game.

The independents need 8 games before the camp phase begins. Sometimes, your team gets picked for that as part of their 8. Outside of that (and games in the SchedMatch table), you shouldn't have any games in the first week of camp outside of rival games and conference games.

It happened again. I started a career with Michigan. Had 8 games already scheduled. Successfully scheduled three remaining games for a total of 11 thru week 2 of the scheduling phase. With a full plate of 11 games, did nothing in the last week of scheduling. Just hit button to advance to next week. Message from my AD said they scheduled a home game in week 3 with Fresno State bringing total to 12 games. My experience when this happens (15%), the "added" game always occurs in the first available open week in the 15 weeks, never say in weeks 10-15. I am trying to recall if this only happens when I take no action at all in the third week of this scheduling phase. PS-I have learned to always save my game at the START of the scheduling phase.

Archived