44 punches in a row?

We really need some kind of mechanism to prevent the AI from just spamming the same move over and over again. I just had to quit a match because Fearless Blue of all people got stuck in a loop of just punching me over and over and over again. Since it was late in the match I only had a 1% chance of avoiding the shot and I had no intention of waiting around for that to happen.

<blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-username="LucianCarter" data-cite="LucianCarter" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37142" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>I was still using Retail 1.0, I had not noticed the new forums had actually opened. And yes his legs were deep into yellow. Not sure what to tell you. Couldn't he have gone for an Irish Whip or /something/ other than the punch?</div></blockquote><p> </p><p> The AI won't go for an Irish Whip \ Corner Whip \ Climb Turnbuckles unless there is a reason - i.e. there is a move that it wants to perform there (otherwise you get the situation that occasionally happened in previous games where the AI would go up top and then get straight back down again). Blue has nothing there (technically he has a top rope double axe handle, but if he can no longer perform a regular dropkick then he won't be able to perform that either), so although I can see what you're saying, that it'd break up the pattern, ultimately it wouldn't achieve anything as Punch would still be the one and only move he can perform.</p><p> </p><p> What I will do is add in a few more extremely basic offensive moves to the database so that he'll at least have 2 or 3 choices, but that's about all I can do as the AI isn't broken or stuck, it's simply making the best out of a bad situation in that the character only has 1 possible choice.</p>

Having had a ouple of matches in rookie to legend mode where I've been stuck in a loop where my opponents an only go for low level moves, I'd suggest adding a couple of moves into the data like "Lucky Roll Up" and "Lucky Punch".... something that has a low chance of hitting (as low as 50 perhaps) and a fairly low chance of winning too, but something that absolutely anyone can do so that they always have a finisher that they can try no matter what. It would ensure that guys like Fearless Blue break the loops they can get stuck in from time to time and give everyone in the data a really weak finisher that they can fall back on in dire emergencies. :)

Archived