Random Events

RayW

I think sometimes, while I enjoy the game, and am fairly addicted to it at the moment, the game world can seem somewhat flat. You go from match to match, storyline to storyline, with no real substance other than collecting XP to improve your wrestler.

I think one way to make the game seem more like 'world' is to have random events that occur with the other characters in the world. These could be anything from giving you a choice in an action to another wrestler pulling a prank on you.

The random events could be confined to promotions, so you won't get any while working the independent scene, but once you sign for a company, you'll randomly interact with other members of the roster.

Let's say you manage to sign for MAW, for example. Once you have picked a storyline for that promotion (and so the game knows that you'll be working for MAW this month), there would be a random chance that there will be a random incident on any given week within that month. So between matches you could get a message that says "Copperhead asks you if you'd like to do some extra training with him this week?" with a 'yes' or 'no' style answer. If you click no, then nothing happens. If you click yes, then there could be a 50/50 chance that training will go well or go bad. If it goes well, you could get a small boost to your stats for your next match. If it goes bad, you could get an 'injury' to a part of your body, meaning that a part of your body will have less health. This way there is a risk to such an event.

There could be other events like this, or some that don't really do anything, such as a prank being pulled, which would only serve to make the player feel more apart of the game world.

Thoughts? Improvements?

Archived