<p>Fight the urge to gut the roster. Dropping one or two people is one thing, but I don't see the point of playing GSW and then getting rid of everyone. Also expect to pretty much lose money for quite some time. They have enough starting cash that shouldn't be an issue, but when I play them starting out I tend to lose about 4 to 7 grand a month.</p><p> </p><p>

Utilize the pre show for many of your bad workers. Boneyard pretty much wrestled pre show only for me and would only be involved in angles on the main show where his menace can be put to great use. Abuse Brother Grimm in angles when you can as well. The man is gold on the mic and sometimes can hit big time home runs if you let him go unscripted. Worker wise your best guys are Fro Sure, Mobstar, Sanchez Villano and Deaf Touch. They aren't going to pull out amazing ratings, but they usually can give solid grades compared to the rest of the roster.</p><p> </p><p>

Also be sure all matches are at least medium when it comes to risk. Always do high if you can get all wrestlers involved to agree to it. That alone can raise grades and help out your show overall. Look at bringing some people from hardcore companies OTHER than IPW. Hiring away from IPW just makes them go out and get better talent and in turn they easily crush you when it comes to card rating. Grab people from 4C like Sayeed Ali and Rajah who would fit well in GSW. You can even grab Slim V and Hardcore Killa and reunite them with Sayeed.</p><p> </p><p>

Overall you have to have patience with GSW. Stick with the core roster and make sure they keep working matches. Eventually the boos go away for quite a few of them in the first few months. I say it might be one of the hardest companies in the game to run and be successful with, but I find it charming in a way and enjoy playing them.</p>

• 2 years later...

<p>Here's an interesting question: I just started a GSW game and one of the owner goals is I can't (re)hire anyone who's had issues with the law. My current roster members who fall into that category are plenty and their contracts end in less than a year, so I'm struggling to come up with a yearly plan. Does that part go away somehow or will they be in trouble forever? I don't want to gut them all from day one, but neither do I want to be left high and dry.</p><p> </p><p>

If not, here's what I'm thinking and I'd appreciate the feedback:</p><p> </p><p>

- Mexico's Finest: I understand he's quite a personality backstage, so he'll be out as soon as I find a suitable replacement and his antics give me a reason to cut him loose</p><p> </p><p>

- LatiNoFear: Brown Pride seems destined to split sooner or later because of him</p><p> </p><p>

- Mobstar and Gravedigga: Current tag champs, so first thing is have them drop the belts. Considering the fate of Brown Pride and Long Beach Crew (Aces High is No1 on my firing list) it seems like Mexican Hardcore Killers are the safest bet</p><p> </p><p>

- Top Dolla: Ah, our resident <em>New Jack</em> psychopath. If he doesn't kill himself jumping of a balcony first, I won't shed a tear cutting him loose considering he's pretty low on the ranks</p><p> </p><p>

- Moore Vincent: Here's where things get interesting. This man's a referee and those are harder to come by than wrestlers</p><p> </p><p>

- MC Motormouth: Even worse, this guy is a friend of the owner!</p>

Archived