Celtic Fight Club: Supported by the Celtic League

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg

*Celtic Fight Club will feature the premier Celtic Athletes in the world of Mixed Martial Arts*

Including ...

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/NathanOReilly_zpsae115001.gifhttp://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/MitchellHeaton_zps65a1f083.gifhttp://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/RoyLynch_zps726210e9.gif

Nathan O'Reilly, Mitchell Heaton, Roy Lynch,

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/EarlMcPeterson_zps648f05fd.gifhttp://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/HarryMcPeterson_zps986c31d0.gifhttp://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/TravisJones_zps21d4926d.gif

Earl and Harry McPeterson, Travis Jones

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/Jean-JacquesLevasseur_zps7504d7e8.gif

and from Brittany Jean-Jacques Levasseur.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/SteveAvatar_zpsb865174a.gif

All booked by Steve Avatar, supporter of the Celtic League.

The Celtic League is a non-governmental organisation that promotes self-determination and

Celtic identity and culture in Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Brittany, Cornwall and the Isle of Man,

known as the Celtic Nations. It places particular emphasis on the indigenous Celtic Languages. It

is recognised by the United Nations as a non-governmental organisation with "Roster Status" and

is part of the UN's Economic and Social Council.

http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-L_zps6438b652-1.jpg

OOC: I decided it was high time i got back into a WMMA Dynasty and rather than restarting one of

my previous attempts i will start something new, this will be run on the C.V Expanded database

and will predominantly feature Celtic Fighters from the 6 Celtic Nations (Galicia may get some use

if too many top Fighters sign for other companies). Thanks to CageRage and

batsnumbereleven who's dynasties have kept me interested in writing a dynasty again myself and

who's dynasties i will be "Borrowing" elements of their layouts from.

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p> Celtic Fight Club is based in Ireland and will feature Fighters from the 6 </p><p> Celtic Nations (Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Mann (Isle of Man), Cornwall and</p><p> Breton (Brittany)), often Celtic Fighters will face 'Foreign' Fighter brought </p><p> into the company to test their might against the top competition.</p><p> </p><p> In Celtic Fight Club all fights will be held within a Cage, with the following </p><p> rules in place;</p><p> </p><p> No decision at the end of a Fight!? 10 point must system will be used.</p><p> </p><p> Non-Title fights: 3 x 5 minute rounds.</p><p> </p><p> Title Fights: 5 x 5 minute rounds.</p><p> </p><p> Strikes to a downed opppnent: Legal.</p><p> </p><p> The Referee will seperate inactive fighters.</p><p> </p><p> Closing Guard on the ground is Legal.</p><p> </p><p> Knee Strikes to the head of a downed Fighter are Illegal.</p><p> </p><p> All Elbow strikes are Legal.</p><p> </p><p> Stomps to a downed opponent are Legal.</p><p> </p><p> Foot Stomps are Legal.</p><p> </p><p> Soccer kicks to the head are Illegal while to the body are Legal.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> User Talents were randomized and are set at...</p><p> </p><p> Negotiating: 5</p><p> Eye for Talent: 7</p><p> Match Making: 6</p><p> Promotion: 8</p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> <strong>CELTIC 1: The Tribe</strong></p><p> </p><p> <em>Saturday, Week 4, January 1998.</em></p><p> </p><p> CELTIC Fight Clubs first ever event will feature an Ireland versus Scotland Main event, where Brawler and member of the Legendary McPeterson fighting Clan Harry McPeterson faces off against ex Boxer Mitchell Heaton, both Fighters are coming off of a Loss in their previous fight and will be hoping to make a winning start at CELTIC 1.</p><p> </p><p> The Nights Co-Main event will see rugged veteran striker of the European/Irish Regional scene Nathan O'Reilly take on a fighter directly from the bad old "Outlaw" days of MMA, Rakf Puce loads up his right hand and swings for the fences meaning this fight could well end with someone getting K.O'd.</p><p> </p><p> The rest of the card will feature undefeated Grant Kyle, a man who is said to be able to take a "freakish amount of punishment" and he will face decent Boxer Roy Lynch a man who's motto is "Never SUrrender". The second fight of the evening will see 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones a man who has fought the UK scene since the early underground days face off against 'Mad' Jason McCulloch a Scottish Kickboxer who is said to have one of the toughest Chins on the UK scene.</p><p> </p><p> Finally the opening contest will see undefeated Muay Thai Breton Jean-Jacques Levasseur face off against Journeyman Kickboxer Paul Duffell a man who can surprise anyone on his day.</p></div></blockquote><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Picks;</span><p> </p><p> Main Event - Light Heavyweight;</p><p> Harry McPeterson (6-2-1) vs Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton (10-4)</p><p> </p><p> Co-Main Event - Middleweight;</p><p> Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly (26-14) vs 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce (23-19)</p><p> </p><p> Lightweight;</p><p> 'The Nugget' Grant Kyle (1-0) vs Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch (7-5)</p><p> </p><p> Welterweight;</p><p> 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-19) vs 'Mad' Jason McCulloch (6-1)</p><p> </p><p> Welterweight;</p><p> 'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell (19-11) vs Jean-Jacques Levasseur (2-0)</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p>

Main Event - Light Heavyweight;

Harry McPeterson (6-2-1) vs Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton (10-4)

Co-Main Event - Middleweight;

Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly (26-14) vs 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce (23-19)

Lightweight;

'The Nugget' Grant Kyle (1-0) vs Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch (7-5)

Welterweight;

'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-19) vs 'Mad' Jason McCulloch (6-1)

Welterweight;

'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell (19-11) vs Jean-Jacques Levasseur (2-0)

<p>Quick Picks;</p><p> </p><p>

Main Event - Light Heavyweight;</p><p>

Harry McPeterson (6-2-1) vs <strong>Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton (10-4)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event - Middleweight;</p><p>

<strong>Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly (26-14)</strong> vs 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce (23-19)</p><p> </p><p>

Lightweight;</p><p>

'The Nugget' Grant Kyle (1-0) vs <strong>Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch (7-5)</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Welterweight;</p><p>

<strong>'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-19)</strong> vs 'Mad' Jason McCulloch (6-1)</p><p> </p><p>

Welterweight;</p><p>

'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell (19-11) vs <strong>Jean-Jacques Levasseur (2-0)</strong></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/CelticFlag_zps9c464cc5.jpeg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>CELTIC 1: The Tribe</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Saturday, Week 4, January 1998.</em></p><p> <em>Att, 156, Ireland. $3,900.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-L_zps6438b652-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 1: 'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell (19-11) vs Jean-Jacques Levasseur (2-0)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Another match is about to begin; 'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell squares off with Jean-Jacques Levasseur in the CELTIC Welterweight division. <p> </p><p> >There's the opening bell!</p><p> </p><p> >Levasseur counters a left jab by using a solid left jab.</p><p> >There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.</p><p> >A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.</p><p> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.</p><p> >Duffell uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Levasseur.</p><p> >Duffell uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Levasseur.</p><p> >Levasseur gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Duffell uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment.</p><p> >Levasseur is trying to push Duffell so that his back is up against the cage.</p><p> >He does so, and now has Duffell pinned to the cage.</p><p> >Levasseur steps back from Duffell and looks to unleash some strikes.</p><p> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</p><p> >Levasseur lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a kick to the ribs.</p><p> >Duffell, standing in the pocket, darts back to avoid a right kick to the body.</p><p> >Duffell sees a kick being set up and uses that opportunity to step forward and hit a solid punch.</p><p> >Levasseur lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a clean left jab.</p><p> >Duffell sees a kick being set up and so strikes first with a jab.</p><p> >Levasseur slips past a jab and scores with a flurry of jabs and straight punches.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Both fighters advance and strike, but neither hits anything.</p><p> >Stepping back, Duffell creates a bit of distance.</p><p> >Duffell slips out of the way of a jab.</p><p> >The time runs out on round one.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to Levasseur, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >Round two begins!</p><p> >Levasseur slips past a left jab and fires back with a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >Levasseur throws a barrage of big rights but Duffell is quick to move out of range.</p><p> >Duffell slips past an attempted big right hand and counters with a jab.</p><p> >Both fighters exchange strikes, but neither hits anything significant.</p><p> >Duffell slips out of the way of a flurry of punches.</p><p> >Advancing, Levasseur counters a left jab by using a solid left.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >Levasseur moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a nice left hand.</p><p> >A jab misses and Levasseur counters with a kick to the body.</p><p> >Duffell feints an attack, keeping Levasseur on his toes.</p><p> >Levasseur avoids a quick jab and hits a barrage of hard punches!</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Using good head movement, Duffell slips past a punch and hits a clean left jab.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, Duffell hits a clean left jab.</p><p> >Duffell uses head movement to dodge a punch, then strikes back with a stinging jab.</p><p> >Duffell slips past a flurry of rights and lefts and hits a crisp left.</p><p> >The time runs out on round two.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to Levasseur, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >And here we go, round three!</p><p> >Judging from what we heard from his corner, Duffell is looking to push the pace with strikes in this round.</p><p> >Levasseur counters a left jab with a clean left.</p><p> >An exchange of blows doesn't really produce any damage or a clear advantage.</p><p> >Duffell covers up, absorbing a flurry of punches.</p><p> >A big right misses, giving Duffell the chance to counter with a crisp left.</p><p> >Levasseur uses head movement to dodge a jab, and counters with a clean left jab.</p><p> >Duffell, standing in the pocket, darts back to avoid a right kick to the body.</p><p> >Stepping back, Duffell creates a bit of distance.</p><p> >Levasseur comes in closer, looking to clinch with Duffell.</p><p> >He pulls Duffell into a Muay Thai clinch.</p><p> >Jean-Jacques Levasseur doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.</p><p> >From the Muay Thai clinch, Duffell eats a big elbow.</p><p> >Duffell tries to get out of the Muay Thai clinch, but cannot.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >From the clinch, Levasseur drives a brutal elbow to the side of the head.</p><p> >Duffell blocks a knee strike, but cannot get free of the Muay Thai clinch.</p><p> >Jean-Jacques Levasseur seems to be fighting against exhaustion.</p><p> >From the clinch, Levasseur drives a knee into the face of Duffell!</p><p> >It looks like Duffell has been cut under the eye by that strike.</p><p> >From the clinch, Levasseur drives a knee into the face of Duffell!</p><p> >Duffell pulls free of the clinch after taking a beating.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Duffell is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Levasseur fires off a strike first, but it just misses.</p><p> >A left hand misses, allowing Duffell to counter with a solid left.</p><p> >Duffell scores cleanly with three big right hands in quick succession.</p><p> >We reach the time limit and this fight is over.</p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Levasseur.</p><p> </p><p> >Here come the official scores.</p><p> </p><p> >The judges give 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27.</p><p> >So the winner, by unanimous decision, is Jean-Jacques Levasseur!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Official Result: Jean-Jacques Levasseur defeats 'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/Jean-JacquesLevasseur_zps30e47f01.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 2: 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-19) vs 'Mad' Jason McCulloch (6-1)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on, 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones will battle 'Mad' Jason McCulloch in the CELTIC Welterweight division. <p> </p><p> >The fight begins!</p><p> </p><p> >A left hand misses, allowing Jones to counter with a solid left.</p><p> >Jones chooses to shoot in on McCulloch.</p><p> >McCulloch tries to avoid the takedown.</p><p> >Jones doesn't get the takedown, McCulloch avoided it.</p><p> >Jones grabs a body kick and goes for the takedown, but it is stuffed.</p><p> >Jones throws a speculative right, but it is nowhere near hitting.</p><p> >McCulloch presses in closer to attack.</p><p> >Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.</p><p> >An exchange of strikes goes nowhere.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Jones comes in swinging wildly, using the strikes as cover so that he can shoot in.</p><p> >McCulloch counters with a right hand that catches Jones flush, rocking him!</p><p> >Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Jones looks like he may want to wrestle McCulloch.</p><p> >Jones can't get close enough to grapple, McCulloch keeps him away with strikes.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Jones counters a wayward low kick by catching it and shooting in for a takedown, but McCulloch stuffs it.</p><p> >McCulloch circles around Jones.</p><p> >Jones comes in closer to press the issue.</p><p> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> </p><p> >I have to give that round to McCulloch, but only a 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >Round two begins!</p><p> >A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing McCulloch to fire back with a nice jab.</p><p> >Jones steps back to avoid a kick to the body.</p><p> >Jones looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</p><p> >Not wanting to grapple, McCulloch uses strikes to keep Jones at a distance.</p><p> >Jones comes in, looking for a quick takedown.</p><p> >The takedown doesn't work, McCulloch stuffed it.</p><p> >McCulloch counters a left jab with a nasty-looking kick to the inside of the left knee.</p><p> >Jones looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with McCulloch.</p><p> >McCulloch finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.</p><p> >Getting underhooks, Jones looks for a takedown.</p><p> >Jones doesn't get the takedown, McCulloch blocked it.</p><p> >McCulloch tries to get clear of the grapple, but Jones holds him in place.</p><p> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</p><p> >From the grapple, Jones tries to pick McCulloch up on his shoulder for a slam.</p><p> >He can't get it though, McCulloch defends it and pulls away from the grapple entirely.</p><p> >McCulloch counters a left jab by using a sharp kick to the shin.</p><p> >Travis Jones is going to end up limping if he takes too many more of those strikes.</p><p> >Jones avoids a barrage of big right hands.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >McCulloch drops his shoulder as a feint, trying to draw a strike.</p><p> >McCulloch throws a swift jab but doesn't do any damage.</p><p> >Not letting McCulloch settle, Jones moves in closer.</p><p> >Round two ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to McCulloch, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >Round three begins!</p><p> >Between rounds, his corner told Jones to take it to the ground as early as possible in this round.</p><p> >Jones slips past a left jab and fires back with a solid left jab.</p><p> >There's a takedown attempt from Jones.</p><p> >McCulloch is too quick, and manages to hit Jones with a good clean left jab.</p><p> >A left jab misses and McCulloch counters with a flurry of small strikes.</p><p> >Jones sneaks a glance at his corner.</p><p> >Time slips away as McCulloch doesn't press Jones, allowing him to circle.</p><p> >Jones swings with a couple of wild punches, then chooses to shoot in on McCulloch.</p><p> >The takedown is unsuccessful, McCulloch blocked Jones.</p><p> >Breathing very hard, Jason McCulloch is looking ragged.</p><p> >Backing out of range, Jones circles tentatively.</p><p> >Not letting up, McCulloch steps in closer to pressure Jones into action.</p><p> >Travis Jones doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >McCulloch moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a crisp left hand punch.</p><p> >A visibly tired Jones is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to McCulloch.</p><p> >McCulloch throws a vicious right uppercut first, but it just misses.</p><p> >Jones uses a right hook to the body, but misses.</p><p> >Not letting up, McCulloch steps in closer to pressure Jones into action.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >Jones counters a leg kick by grabbing it and attempting a takedown, but it is stuffed.</p><p> >A couple of sloppy right hands are used to set up a tired-looking takedown attempt from Jones.</p><p> >Jones doesn't get the takedown, McCulloch saw it coming and was equal to it.</p><p> >The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to McCulloch, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >Here come the official scores.</p><p> </p><p> >All three judges score the contest as 30-27.</p><p> >So the winner, by unanimous decision, is 'Mad' Jason McCulloch!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><strong>Official Result: 'Mad' Jason McCulloch defeats 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/JasonMcCulloch_zps7a7b3d33.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 3: 'The Nugget' Grant Kyle (1-0) vs Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch (7-5)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on, 'The Nugget' Grant Kyle will take on Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch in the CELTIC Lightweight division. <p> </p><p> >We are underway!</p><p> </p><p> >Moving forward, Lynch counters a left jab with a flurry of quick punches.</p><p> >Lynch counters a left jab with a crisp jab.</p><p> >Lynch counters a left jab by using a left.</p><p> >Lynch feints left and tries to get Kyle to commit to a strike, but gets no joy.</p><p> >Lynch hits three big rights.</p><p> >Kyle gets caught with a series of quick lefts from the pocket.</p><p> >Lynch hits a quick series of punches from the pocket.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, Lynch hits a series of quick jabs.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Both throw strikes at each other, both easily defend the other's attempt.</p><p> >Not comfortable in the pocket, Kyle steps back and creates some space.</p><p> >A left jab misses and Lynch counters with a solid left jab.</p><p> >Lynch comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</p><p> >Lynch is now standing in the pocket.</p><p> >Lynch scores with a solid left jab from in the pocket.</p><p> >From the looks of it, that shot may have smashed the nose of Kyle.</p><p> >That's really going to affect his breathing.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >Lynch hits a quick series of punches from the pocket.</p><p> >A barrage of big right hands are thrown but Kyle covers up well.</p><p> >Using head movement, Lynch slips past a left jab and counters with a barrage of big punches on Kyle!</p><p> >Round one ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >There's no question that Lynch took that round, I'm giving it a 10-8 score.</p><p> </p><p> >And here we go, round two!</p><p> >Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.</p><p> >A left jab misses and Lynch counters with a series of lefts.</p><p> >Kyle swiftly avoids a barrage of big punches.</p><p> >Both fighters throw strikes, no significant damage is inflicted by either.</p><p> >Not comfortable in the pocket, Kyle steps back and creates some space.</p><p> >Lynch avoids a quick jab and hits a left.</p><p> >Lynch keeps out of range, assessing the situation.</p><p> >Time slips away as Kyle doesn't press Lynch, allowing him to circle.</p><p> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</p><p> >They exchange strikes, but neither fighter inflicts any real damage.</p><p> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.</p><p> >The grapple breaks up after a short struggle, and the two fighters step apart.</p><p> >An errant jab sets Lynch up to counter-strike with a nice jab.</p><p> >Lynch feints going high and then throws a barrage of big rights, with Kyle only just able to evade them.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Lynch counters a left jab with a clean jab.</p><p> >A straight left from Lynch fails to land.</p><p> >Time slips away as Kyle doesn't press Lynch, allowing him to circle.</p><p> >Time expires and we come to the end of round two.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to Lynch, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >Kyle has his right eye now totally swollen shut, an after-effect of the broken nose no doubt.</p><p> >And here we go, round three!</p><p> >They exchange strikes, but neither fighter inflicts any real damage.</p><p> >Kyle tries for a left jab but Lynch moves out of range.</p><p> >Kyle keeps his cool as Lynch throws a feint to the left.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Kyle looks like he wants to strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Lynch counters with a left jab that catches Kyle hard.</p><p> >A jab misses and Lynch counters with a couple of hard rights!</p><p> >From the pocket, Lynch hits a flurry of punches on Kyle.</p><p> >Lynch stings Kyle with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >Lynch stings Kyle with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Lynch stings Kyle with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >From the pocket, Lynch unloads with a sequence of left jabs.</p><p> >Kyle uses head movement to avoid a left jab.</p><p> >Lynch shows good head movement to avoid getting caught with a jab.</p><p> >Lynch hits a left jab from the pocket.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Kyle takes a stiff jab.</p><p> >Kyle slips past a jab and scores with a solid punch.</p><p> >Kyle slips past a jab and scores with a solid left jab.</p><p> >Lynch uses head movement to cause a left jab to sail harmlessly by.</p><p> >The time expires on round three, and that is the end of the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >I have to give that round to Lynch, but only a 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >The judges have given their scores, which are about to be announced.</p><p> </p><p> >The judges give 30-27, 30-26 and 30-26.</p><p> >Roy Lynch wins by unanimous decision!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Official Result: Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch defeats 'The Nugget' Grant Kyle (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.</strong></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/RoyLynch_zps659ea818.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Co-Main Event: Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly (26-14) vs 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce (23-19)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>The co-main event is up next. Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly goes up against 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce in the CELTIC Middleweight division. <p> </p><p> >There's the opening bell!</p><p> </p><p> >A jab misses and O'Reilly counters with a wild spinning back fist, knocking Puce down!</p><p> >O'Reilly knows that this is a golden opportunity, and quickly pounces on Puce, looking to finish him off by raining down punches!</p><p> >O'Reilly pounds away, Puce is barely able to offer any defence at all!</p><p> </p><p> >The referee is forced to jump in and stop the match!</p><p> </p><p> >Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly takes the win by TKO!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><strong>Official Result: Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly defeats 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce (TKO (Strikes) in 0:47 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/NathanOReilly_zpsae115001.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Main Event: Harry McPeterson (6-2-1) vs Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton (10-4)</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>It's time for the main event of the evening! Harry McPeterson goes head to head with Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton in the CELTIC Light Heavyweight division. <p> </p><p> >There's a buzz about this bout, the promotional videos have got the fans expecting some fireworks.</p><p> </p><p> >The fight begins!</p><p> </p><p> >An exchange of strikes doesn't really lead to anything.</p><p> >Having ended up close together from the strikes they threw, a wild exchange of punches begins!</p><p> >McPeterson hits a right hook to the body.</p><p> >McPeterson throws a flurry of punches but Heaton covers up and takes them easily.</p><p> >Slipping past a flurry of punches, Heaton has the angle to counter with several heavy right hands that put McPeterson down to the ground!</p><p> >McPeterson, stunned, is mounted!</p><p> >Heaton pounds away on McPeterson, landing several great shots that rock McPeterson!</p><p> >Heaton unloads with big punches from the mount, and McPeterson is struggling to cope!</p><p> >Heaton fires away with punches, and McPeterson is stung by several big shots.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Heaton pounds away on McPeterson, but few of the shots lands clean.</p><p> >Heaton fires away with big punches, but McPeterson covers up and doesn't take any undue damage.</p><p> >McPeterson tries to move Heaton out of mount but can't.</p><p> >Heaton pounds away with punches, but doesn't do much damage, if any, McPeterson covers up well.</p><p> >McPeterson tries to sweep Heaton out of mount but can't do it.</p><p> >Heaton pounds away with punches, but doesn't do much damage, if any, McPeterson covers up well.</p><p> >Heaton blocks an attempt to move him from mount.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Heaton fires away with big punches, but McPeterson covers up and doesn't take any undue damage.</p><p> >McPeterson tries a sweep from the bottom of the mount, but gets rolled and Heaton has his back!</p><p> >Time expires and we come to the end of round one.</p><p> </p><p> >There's no question that Heaton took that round, I'm giving it a 10-8 score.</p><p> </p><p> >And here we go, round two!</p><p> >From what we could hear of his corner, it sounds like Heaton has been instructed to try and pick McPeterson off with counter striking in this round.</p><p> >Heaton avoids a flurry of rights and lefts and hits a nice jab.</p><p> >McPeterson counters an errant left jab with a solid left.</p><p> >Heaton counters a flurry of punches with two big right hands!</p><p> >Mitchell Heaton looks very tired out there.</p><p> >McPeterson lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a nice sequence of jabs.</p><p> >McPeterson uses head movement to slip past a vicious right and he hits a series of quick, sharp punches.</p><p> >Heaton lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with an enormous right hook that knocks McPeterson out and sees him fall face-first to the ground!</p><p> </p><p> >Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton takes the win by Knock Out!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton defeats Harry McPeterson (Knock Out (Punch) in 2:23 of round 2). The match was rated as being Fantastic.</strong><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/MitchellHeaton_zps65a1f083.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Show summary</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></p><p> Critical rating: Great</p><p> Commercial success: Decent</p><p> </p><p> Fight of the Night: Mitchell Heaton vs Harry McPeterson</p><p> Knockout of the Night: Mitchell Heaton</p><p> Submission of the Night: -</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Prediction Results;</strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> funkyzafara, - 4/5</p><p> CageRage, - 4/5</p><p> </p><p><em> Both got 1 result wrong so no prizes this show.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p> </p><p> <strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">News after CELTIC 1;</span></strong></p><p> </p><p> CETIC Fight Club raises up 1.6% in Popularity after the first event (now on 11.6% in UK).</p><p> </p><p> Championship fights are not even really in the planning stages just yet but if they were it is clear that Mitchell Heaton is someone to be considered at Heavyweight. Fellow Irishman Nathan O'Reilly also looked impressive and could possibly be someone to consider when thinking about a Middleweight Belt.</p><p> </p><p> As well as the usual Month - 2 Month medical suspensions imposed on the</p><p> Fighters the following Fighters have sustained Injuries;</p><p> </p><p> Nathan O'Reilly (Arm Injury) - 2 Months.</p><p> Grant Kyle (Facial Injury) - 2 - 6 Months.</p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><strong>CELTIC 2: Pride of People</strong><p> <em>Friday, week 4. February 1998.</em></p><p><em> </em></p><p> Following on from the success of CELTIC 1, the CELTIC Fight Club brings you it's second event, CELTIC 2: Pride of People. At Pride of People Earl McPeterson (who's brother main evented the first event) will be making his MMA Debut he is considered a better fighter than his Brother and is known to trade punches with anyone, he comes up against Big stron Welshman Graham Goodbody, Goodbody is not the most mobile of fighters but his strength and power can cause a problem for anyone.</p><p> </p><p> In the Co Main event Welsh Kickboxer Keith Jolly will be looking to keep his undefeated streak intact, his speed in the Cage makes him very difficult to hit and he hopes that will be the case when he faces Irish Ex-Boxer Paddy McNamara, McNamara has very quick hands and just like Jolly is undefeated in his MMA career. Tonight someone's 0 has to go.</p><p> </p><p> The rest of the card will see Phil Verdigree a tough Cardiff native who is never looking anything look great Physical shape but nontheless can pick up victories thanks to his trusty left hook, Verdigree steps into the cage with Ronald McAllister, a former underground bare knuckles boxer, who learned all his fight skills in unsanctioned fights around Glasgow. Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher a Fighter with decent hands the skills to grapple a bit will face off in the nights second bout against Welsh Teenager Rhys Buck who after his fight debut looks a very dangerous Striker he is an Ex-Amateur Boxer with powerful hands.</p><p> </p><p> The nights opening Fight will see Scottish Ground and Pound specialist Irving Braun take on Former Amateur Boxer Thomas O'Cann.</p></div></blockquote><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Picks;</span><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> Main Event - Heavyweight;</span></p><p> Earl McPeterson (0-0) vs (18-9) Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event - Welterweight;</span></p><p> Keith 'Dodger' Jolly (3-0) vs (3-0) Paddy McNamara</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Heavyweight;</span></p><p> 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (20-14-1-2NC) vs (16-10-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Middleweight;</span></p><p> Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-5) vs (1-0) Rhys 'Fast' Buck</p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;">Lightweight;</span></p><p> Irving Braun (1-0) vs (3-2) Thomas O'Cann</p></div><p></p><p></p><p> </p></div><p></p>

Main Event - Heavyweight;</p><p>

<strong>Earl McPeterson (0-0)</strong> vs (18-9) Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event - Welterweight;</p><p>

<strong>Keith 'Dodger' Jolly (3-0)</strong> vs (3-0) Paddy McNamara</p><p> </p><p>

Heavyweight;</p><p>

<strong>'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (20-14-1-2NC)</strong> vs (16-10-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister</p><p> </p><p>

Middleweight;</p><p>

Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-5) vs <strong>(1-0) Rhys 'Fast' Buck</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Lightweight;</p><p>

<strong>Irving Braun (1-0)</strong> vs (3-2) Thomas O'Cann</p>

Main Event - Heavyweight;

Earl McPeterson (0-0) vs (18-9) Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody

Co-Main Event - Welterweight;

Keith 'Dodger' Jolly (3-0) vs (3-0) Paddy McNamara

Heavyweight;

'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (20-14-1-2NC) vs (16-10-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister

Middleweight;

Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-5) vs (1-0) Rhys 'Fast' Buck

Lightweight;

Irving Braun (1-0) vs (3-2) Thomas O'Cann

Main Event - Heavyweight;

Earl McPeterson (0-0) vs (18-9) Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody

Co-Main Event - Welterweight;

Keith 'Dodger' Jolly (3-0) vs (3-0) Paddy McNamara

Heavyweight;

'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (20-14-1-2NC) vs (16-10-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister

Middleweight;

Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-5) vs (1-0) Rhys 'Fast' Buck

Lightweight;

Irving Braun (1-0) vs (3-2) Thomas O'Cann

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/CelticFlag_zps9c464cc5.jpeg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>CELTIC 2: Pride of People</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Friday, week 4, February 1998.</em></p><p><em> Att, 166, Ireland. $4,150.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-L_zps6438b652-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 1: Irving Braun (1-0) vs (3-2) Thomas O'Cann</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on, Irving Braun competes against Thomas O'Cann in the CELTIC Lightweight division. <p> </p><p> >We are underway!</p><p> </p><p> >A couple of wild punches go sailing past, giving O'Cann the opportunity to counter with a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >Braun counters a wayward left jab with two straight lefts.</p><p> >Braun shoots in, looking for a takedown.</p><p> >O'Cann tries to avoid Braun.</p><p> >Braun can't get the takedown, O'Cann was too quick to back away.</p><p> >Braun is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Braun is in the pocket, ready to attack O'Cann.</p><p> >Braun looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</p><p> >O'Cann is pulled into a grapple.</p><p> >Braun looks to scoop his opponent up for a slam.</p><p> >There's the slam! O'Cann is planted onto his back, and pulls guard.</p><p> >Braun pounds away with right hands from the guard and O'Cann is having trouble doing anything about it!</p><p> >With O'Cann taking a beating, the referee has to stop the match!</p><p> </p><p> >Irving Braun takes the win by TKO!</p></div></blockquote><strong>Official Result: Irving Braun defeats Thomas O'Cann (TKO (Strikes) in 2:25 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.</strong><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/IrvingBraun_zpsbe213175.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong>Fight 2: Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-5) vs (1-0) Rhys 'Fast' Buck</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Next up is a match in which Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher goes head to head with Rhys 'Fast' Buck in the CELTIC Middleweight division. <p> </p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Gallagher feints to the right, trying to draw Buck into throwing a strike.</p><p> >They come together and strike, but neither can land a clean shot.</p><p> >Gallagher avoids several big left hands and counters with a stinging left jab.</p><p> >After a one-two combination narrowly misses, Gallagher is able to strike back with a clean jab.</p><p> >Gallagher counters a right jab by hitting a solid left.</p><p> >A jab misses, allowing Buck to counter-strike with a right jab to the cheek.</p><p> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</p><p> >A left jab misses and Buck strikes back with a couple of tight angled jabs and a scorching left hook to the body.</p><p> >Buck misses with an attempted left hook to the body.</p><p> >Gallagher comes in closer to press the issue.</p><p> >A left jab misses and Buck strikes back with a barrage of huge lefts, knocking Gallagher down!</p><p> >Gallagher recovers his wits quickly, and waits for Buck to make a move.</p><p> >Buck looks to get on top of Gallagher.</p><p> >Buck can't hold Gallagher down and a scramble starts.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Gallagher ends up having to pull half guard, losing out in the scramble.</p><p> >Buck pounds away on Gallagher, landing several good shots in the process.</p><p> >Buck throws a few left hands to the body.</p><p> >Buck fires off a handful of punches, each easily being blocked with gloves.</p><p> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Buck.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> </p><p> >An exchange of strikes doesn't really lead to anything.</p><p> >In close proximity from the strikes they threw, they fall into a messy clinch.</p><p> >Gallagher tries to wriggle free, but Buck controls him well and gets in a few close-range punches too.</p><p> >Buck uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Gallagher.</p><p> >Buck uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Gallagher.</p><p> >Gallagher is trying to muscle Buck up against the cage.</p><p> >Gallagher achieves it, pinning Buck to the cage.</p><p> >Buck is controlled up against the cage and takes a few right hands via some dirty boxing.</p><p> >Buck is trapped against the cage and takes a sharp stomp to the foot.</p><p> >Gallagher smothers Buck against the cage, then hits him with an elbow strike to the side of the head.</p><p> >Gallagher pins Buck up against the cage and stomps down hard on his foot.</p><p> >Buck takes a knee strike to the inside of his own knee.</p><p> >Gallagher breaks the grapple and prepares to launch some strikes at Buck.</p><p> >They both meet with strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Both fighters advance and strike, but neither hits anything.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, Buck hits a sequence of quick punches.</p><p> >An exchange of blows doesn't really produce any damage or a clear advantage.</p><p> >Slipping past a left jab, Buck hits a right jab to the cheek.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Buck tries for a left jab but Gallagher uses head movement to avoid it.</p><p> >Gallagher looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with Buck.</p><p> >Gallagher is surprised by a vicious countering left uppercut, but he avoids it at the last second.</p><p> >Gallagher slips out of the way of a jab.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</p><p> </p><p> >Incredibly close round, but Gallagher came out just ahead on my score card.</p><p> </p><p> >Round three begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Both fighters come in and throw strikes, there is no real damage done by either.</p><p> >Buck counters a left jab by using a couple of nice shots.</p><p> >There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes but neither hits.</p><p> >Gallagher looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >Buck strikes first and manages to rock Gallagher with a solid left hand!</p><p> >A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.</p><p> >Buck dodges a jab, and fires back with a right jab to the cheek.</p><p> >Both fighters fire off strikes, neither produces any significant damage.</p><p> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up clinched.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Gallagher tries to wrestle Buck backward and up against the cage.</p><p> >Gallagher manages it, and controls Buck up against the cage.</p><p> >Gallagher drives a knee to the thigh area.</p><p> >Gallagher hits a knee strike to the thigh.</p><p> >Gallagher hits Buck, who is pressed up against the cage, with a nice short uppercut.</p><p> >Buck is controlled up against the cage and takes an elbow to the face from the clinch.</p><p> >It looks like Buck has been cut above the eye by that strike.</p><p> >Dennis Gallagher is looking really tired.</p><p> >Gallagher steps back to achieve some separation from Buck and gets ready to strike.</p><p> >Buck uses head movement to dodge a jab, and counters with a series of big punches, trapping Gallagher against the cage!</p><p> >Gallagher collapses to the ground and is still getting pounded on!</p><p> >The referee pulls Buck away, stopping the match!</p><p> </p><p> >Rhys 'Fast' Buck takes the win by TKO!</p></div></blockquote><strong>Official Result: Rhys 'Fast' Buck defeats Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (TKO (Strikes) in 4:02 of round 3). The match was rated as being Fantastic.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/RhysBuck_zpse1e5ac48.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 3: 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (20-14-1-2NC) vs (16-10-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on, 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree will battle Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister in the CELTIC Heavyweight division. <p> </p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Advancing, McAllister counters a right jab by using a solid left jab.</p><p> >McAllister avoids a flurry of punches and hits a stinging left jab.</p><p> >McAllister moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Verdigree to fire back with a flurry of small strikes.</p><p> >McAllister circles, looking for an opening.</p><p> >Not letting up, Verdigree quickly steps in closer to attack McAllister.</p><p> >Verdigree counters an errant left jab with a flurry of small strikes.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Moving in closer, McAllister looks like he wants to strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Keen to keep space between them, Verdigree backs away.</p><p> >Advancing, Verdigree counters a left jab by using a nice jab.</p><p> >McAllister looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >Verdigree throws a big left hand as a counter, but it misses the target.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >Verdigree comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</p><p> >McAllister throws a big right hand as a counter, but it only finds the gloves.</p><p> >McAllister throws a left jab but Verdigree avoids it.</p><p> >McAllister looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >McAllister moves into the pocket.</p><p> >Round one ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Verdigree.</p><p> </p><p> >We are back underway!</p><p> </p><p> >McAllister avoids a flurry of punches and hits a stinging left jab.</p><p> >A right jab misses and McAllister strikes back with a straight left.</p><p> >Verdigree counters a left jab by using a solid right.</p><p> >Verdigree counters a wayward left jab with a series of quick rights.</p><p> >Verdigree counters a left jab by hitting a series of rights.</p><p> >Verdigree comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</p><p> >Verdigree is now standing in the pocket.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >Showing good head movement, McAllister weaves out of the way of a wild right hand.</p><p> >Showing good head movement, McAllister weaves out of the way of a wild right hand.</p><p> >Stepping back, McAllister creates a bit of distance.</p><p> >Moving in closer, McAllister looks like he may want to wrestle Verdigree.</p><p> >McAllister can't get close enough to grapple, Verdigree makes sure to keep out of range.</p><p> >Phil Verdigree doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.</p><p> >A straight left fails to land and Verdigree is able to fire back with a right jab to the cheek.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Moving in closer, a tired-looking Verdigree apparently wants to strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Verdigree can't close the distance, McAllister keeps him away with strikes.</p><p> >A couple of wild punches misses, allowing Verdigree to hit back with a right jab to the cheek.</p><p> >The time runs out on round two.</p><p> </p><p> >I have to give that round to Verdigree, but only a 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell and round number three begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Between rounds, his corner told McAllister to try and keep it standing in this round.</p><p> >Verdigree catches McAllister with a flurry of small strikes.</p><p> >McAllister waits for a flurry of punches to stop, then hits a jab.</p><p> >A barrage of punches miss and Verdigree strikes back with a stinging right jab.</p><p> >McAllister looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >McAllister moves into the pocket.</p><p> >A right jab misses, McAllister counters with a solid left jab.</p><p> >A left jab misses, giving Verdigree the chance to hit back with a clean right jab.</p><p> >Verdigree throws a wild right but McAllister avoids it.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >Verdigree dodges a jab, and fires back with a flurry of small strikes.</p><p> >Slipping past some wild swings, Verdigree counters with a nice right.</p><p> >Verdigree throws a left jab but McAllister uses good head movement to make sure it slips by.</p><p> >McAllister backs away to create some more space.</p><p> >McAllister looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Verdigree.</p><p> >A counter right catches McAllister above the eye.</p><p> >Ronald McAllister is breathing very hard.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >McAllister avoids a flurry of punches.</p><p> >Phil Verdigree seems to be fighting against exhaustion.</p><p> >Despite being tired, Verdigree looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with McAllister.</p><p> >McAllister uses his strikes to stop Verdigree from getting too close.</p><p> >Time runs out and that's the end of the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >I think Verdigree took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</p><p> </p><p> >Here come the official scores.</p><p> >All three judges have scored it 30-27.</p><p> </p><p> >Phil Verdigree wins by unanimous decision!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree defeats Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/PhilVerdigree_zpsa0aa5810.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Co-Main Event: Keith 'Dodger' Jolly (3-0) vs (3-0) Paddy McNamara</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>The co-main event is up next. Keith 'Dodger' Jolly will take on Paddy McNamara in the CELTIC Welterweight division. <p> </p><p> >The hype videos for this event have been saying that this match will be very exciting....let's see if they're right.</p><p> </p><p> >The fight begins!</p><p> >Jolly counters a flurry of punches with a clean jab.</p><p> >McNamara slips past a left jab and counters with a flurry of small strikes.</p><p> >McNamara avoids a jab.</p><p> >Jolly moves out of range of a flurry of punches.</p><p> >Jolly throws a left jab but McNamara avoids it.</p><p> >Jolly bobs and weaves, trying to get McNamara to commit.</p><p> >A feint sets Jolly up for an inside leg kick, but McNamara evades it.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Both fighters throw strikes, no significant damage is inflicted by either.</p><p> >They wind up in a tight clinch.</p><p> >Jolly and McNamara separate and we're back to a stand-off.</p><p> >Jolly counters a flurry of punches with a solid left.</p><p> >A flurry of punches fail to land, giving Jolly the opportunity to counter with a left.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >McNamara swiftly avoids a barrage of big punches, having fallen for a feint.</p><p> >Jolly feints left and tries to get McNamara to commit to a strike, but gets no joy.</p><p> >A left jab misses and McNamara strikes back with a series of quick jabs.</p><p> >Round one ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >That was a close round, but I'm giving it to McNamara, 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> </p><p> >A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Jolly to fire back with a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >Jolly counters a flurry of punches with a crisp jab.</p><p> >Jolly side-steps a barrage of big punches and hits a clean left.</p><p> >Jolly steps in but an exchange of strikes goes nowhere.</p><p> >McNamara presses in closer to attack.</p><p> >A flurry of punches miss Jolly and allow him to counter-strike with a crisp jab.</p><p> >McNamara looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >Jolly now has McNamara standing in the pocket.</p><p> >Moving in closer, McNamara looks like he may want to wrestle Jolly.</p><p> >Jolly finds himself pulled into a grappling contest.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >McNamara uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Jolly.</p><p> >McNamara uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with Jolly.</p><p> >McNamara and Jolly break the grapple and are apart again, circling.</p><p> >McNamara is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.</p><p> >McNamara can't get near enough to engage, Jolly uses strikes to keep him out of range.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >McNamara counters a left jab by hitting a series of hard rights!</p><p> >Jolly lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >Round two is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> >Good round, that's the sort of action we like to see.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to Jolly, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell and round number three begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Both fighters come in and exchange strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, both fighters start swinging!</p><p> >Jolly gets caught by a nice right hand to the body.</p><p> >Advancing, McNamara counters a left jab by using a solid left jab.</p><p> >A flurry of punches fail to land, giving Jolly the opportunity to counter with a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >McNamara steps back to avoid a left jab.</p><p> >Jolly uses a right hook to the body, but misses.</p><p> >McNamara quickly gets in closer, looking to attack.</p><p> >McNamara throws a left jab but Jolly avoids it.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >A flurry of punches miss Jolly and allow him to counter-strike with a barrage of hard punches!</p><p> >McNamara covers up in the face of a barrage of big right hands, none of the punches find their way through.</p><p> >Jolly throws a barrage of big punches but McNamara covers up well.</p><p> >McNamara dodges a jab, and fires back with a nice sequence of jabs.</p><p> >A showdown where they both exchange strikes only results in a stalemate.</p><p> >Paddy McNamara is looking really tired.</p><p> >Having ended up close together from the strikes they threw, a wild exchange of punches begins!</p><p> >Jolly gets knocked out cold after taking a huge right hand from McNamara!</p><p> </p><p> >Paddy McNamara takes the victory by way of Knock Out!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Paddy McNamara defeats Keith 'Dodger' Jolly (Knock Out (Punch) in 4:20 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.</strong><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/PaddyMcNamara_zps2db95127.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Main Event: Earl McPeterson (0-0) vs (18-9) Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>It's time for the main event of the evening! Earl McPeterson will battle Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody in the CELTIC Heavyweight division. <p> </p><p> >If this match lives up to the pre-fight expectations then we're about to see some fireworks.</p><p> >And here we go!</p><p> </p><p> >A jab misses, allowing McPeterson to counter-strike with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >Goodbody counters a flurry of punches by hitting a clean left.</p><p> >A quick exchange of strikes produces nothing worth mentioning.</p><p> >Both fighters throw strikes at the same time, both miss.</p><p> >They exchange strikes, but neither fighter inflicts any real damage.</p><p> >McPeterson ducks under a huge right cross and counter-strikes with a flurry of quick punches.</p><p> >There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >McPeterson circles away, creating some distance between them.</p><p> >Backing out of range, Goodbody circles tentatively.</p><p> >Not letting Goodbody settle at all, McPeterson comes in closer.</p><p> >McPeterson looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Goodbody.</p><p> >McPeterson moves into the pocket.</p><p> >Using head movement, McPeterson slips past a left jab and counters with a flurry of jabs and straight punches.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.</p><p> >McPeterson ducks under a huge right cross and counter-strikes with a flurry of quick punches to sting Goodbody.</p><p> >Both fighters come toe-to-toe and strike, but none of the strikes result in significant damage being done.</p><p> >The time runs out on round one.</p><p> >Hopefully the next round will produce a little more in the way of action.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to McPeterson, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> </p><p> >McPeterson tries for a left jab but Goodbody moves out of range.</p><p> >Moving forward, McPeterson counters a left jab with a series of quick jabs.</p><p> >A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing McPeterson to fire back with a couple of hard right hands!</p><p> >Earl McPeterson is looking really tired.</p><p> >Goodbody steps back...and almost stumbles over! He is on wobbly legs!</p><p> >McPeterson sees his chance to finish and unloads with a barrage of big rights, but Goodbody recovers quickly enough to cover up.</p><p> >Despite being tired, McPeterson looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Goodbody.</p><p> >Goodbody now has McPeterson standing in the pocket.</p><p> >Goodbody covers up, absorbing a flurry of punches.</p><p> >Goodbody slips past a straight punch and hits a solid punch.</p><p> >From the pocket, Goodbody connects on McPeterson with a stiff jab.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >An exchange of blows doesn't really produce any damage or a clear advantage.</p><p> >In close proximity from the strikes they threw, they fall into a messy clinch.</p><p> >Goodbody smothers McPeterson when he tries to use some dirty boxing, and gains the upper hand in the grapple as a result.</p><p> >Using his wrestling skills, Goodbody is trying to push McPeterson up against the cage.</p><p> >Goodbody does it, McPeterson is stuck with his back to the cage.</p><p> >Graham Goodbody looks very tired out there.</p><p> >McPeterson, stuck against the cage, gets blasted with a right hand, but manages to pull Goodbody in close to stop any more coming in.</p><p> >Goodbody steps back from McPeterson and looks to unleash some strikes.</p><p> >Goodbody tries for a left jab but McPeterson uses head movement to avoid it.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, McPeterson hits a straight left.</p><p> >McPeterson throws a left jab but Goodbody uses good head movement to make sure it slips by.</p><p> >Goodbody slips past a straight punch and hits a nice left.</p><p> >Time expires and we come to the end of round two.</p><p> >Great round, very exciting.</p><p> </p><p> >That was a close round, but I'm giving it to Goodbody, 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell and round number three begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Goodbody avoids a flurry of punches and hits a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >Earl McPeterson looks like he is on the verge of exhaustion.</p><p> >McPeterson avoids a jab and scores with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >McPeterson avoids a quick jab and hits a series of quick jabs.</p><p> >McPeterson avoids a quick jab and hits a left.</p><p> >McPeterson misses with an attempted right hook to the body.</p><p> >Goodbody presses in closer to attack.</p><p> >Although visibly tired, Goodbody looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >McPeterson uses his strikes to stop Goodbody from getting too close.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >Goodbody throws a left jab but McPeterson avoids it.</p><p> >Goodbody avoids a flurry of punches and hits a nice left hand.</p><p> >Despite being tired, McPeterson looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Goodbody.</p><p> >Keen to maintain some distance, Goodbody uses strikes to keep McPeterson away.</p><p> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</p><p> >Despite being tired, Goodbody looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with McPeterson.</p><p> >Goodbody is in the pocket, ready to attack McPeterson.</p><p> >Goodbody uses head movement to dodge a punch, then strikes back with a crisp left.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, Goodbody hits a straight left.</p><p> >Goodbody tries for a left jab but McPeterson uses head movement to avoid it.</p><p> >The time expires on round three, and that is the end of the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >That was a close round, but I'm giving it to McPeterson, 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >The official scores are being reported now.</p><p> >Judge #1 gives a score of 29-28 in favour of Goodbody.</p><p> >Judge #2 has scored it 29-28 McPeterson.</p><p> >Judge #3: 30-27 McPeterson.</p><p> </p><p> >Making Earl McPeterson the winner by split decision!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Earl McPeterson defeats Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody (Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.</strong><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/EarlMcPeterson_zps648f05fd.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Show summary</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> Critical rating: Great</p><p> Commercial success: Decent</p><p> </p><p> Fight of the Night: Rhys Buck vs Dennis Gallacher</p><p> Knockout of the Night: Paddy McNamara</p><p> Submission of the Night: -</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Prediction Results;</strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>

</strong></span></p><p>

funkyzafara, - 4/5</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>CageRage, - 5/5</strong></span></p><p>

Scotland, - 3/5</p><p>

</p><p><em>

We have a winner... </em><em><strong>Cage Rage</strong></em><em> your prize is to pick the first 'invasion' Fight team to enter the CELTIC Cage, pick any Nationality and i will sign 3 Fighters from said Nationality to step in the Cage with the best the Celtic Nations have to offer.</em></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">News after CELTIC 2;</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

CETIC Fight Club raises up 1.6% in Popularity and is now at 13.2% in the UK.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Earl McPeterson fails Drug Test.</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/EarlMcPeterson_zpsb10f8fab.gif</span></p><p> </p><p>

Breaking news from the aftermath of CELTIC 2: Pride of People, it is being reported that Earl McPeterson has failed a drug test. The test, which was taken before his win over Graham Goodbody, is said to have come up positive for some (currently unnamed) banned substance. If upheld, this will mean a mandatory one year suspension from competition for the 23 year old fighter who was making his MMA debut, his victory will now be named a no contest instead.</p><p> </p><p>

No new Injuries to report after CELTIC 2, but all fighters were handed minimum of 3 weeks Medical suspensions.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>CELTIC 3: Clan Wars</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

CELTIC Fight Clubs third event will feature a main event of Former 'Show Wrestler' Judo Champion and Freestyle Wrestling Champion Maxwell Aland, who is also undefeated so far in his MMA career face off against Irish Boxer Mitchell Heaton, 'The Heathan' competed at CELTIC 1 KOing another Scotsman Harry McPeterson.</p><p> </p><p>

The nights co-main event will see a Lightweight bout when Liam O'Connell a Boxer with a 5-2 record from Belfast, a man who claims he is has Irish as a pint of Guinness and roughly the same size. The 5'6 fighter faces off against Roy Lynch another Irish fighter who won his first fight in CELTIC at the first event beating Grant Kyle by Decision.</p><p> </p><p>

The nights third fight will feature another Ireland against Scotland contest when Kerry Brennan an Old school rowdy Brawler faces the grand old man of UK MMA Cliff McAddam a verteran Grappler who still fights regularly despite approaching his 50th birthday. Also on the card at Welterweight Scott Gillespie a lanky Glasgow Kickboxer and he steps in the Cage against Breton Jean-Jacques Levasseur, the French Muay Thai Champion won his last fight at CELTIC 1 via Decision. The nights card will open with 18 year old Scottish Boxer Matthew Michael Kirby facing off against Belfast Brawler Eoghan Behan, a Street Fighter who has just switched to the Cage instead.</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Picks;</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event: Light Heavyweight;</span></p><p>

Maxwell Aland (14-0-2) vs (11-4) Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event: Lightweight;</span></p><p>

'The Bruiser from Belfast' Liam O'Connell (5-2) vs (8-5) Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 3: Light Heavyweight;</span></p><p>

'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan (46-30-4-1) vs (31-21) 'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 2: Welterweight;</span></p><p>

'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie (2-1) vs (3-0) Jean-Jacques Levasseur</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 1: Light Heavyweight;</span></p><p>

Matthew Michael Kirby (1-0) vs (3-2) Eoghan Behan</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

Canadian!

Quick Picks;

Main Event: Light Heavyweight;

Maxwell Aland (14-0-2) vs (11-4) Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton

Co-Main Event: Lightweight;

'The Bruiser from Belfast' Liam O'Connell (5-2) vs (8-5) Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch

Fight 3: Light Heavyweight;

'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan (46-30-4-1) vs (31-21) 'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam

Fight 2: Welterweight;

'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie (2-1) vs (3-0) Jean-Jacques Levasseur

Fight 1: Light Heavyweight;

Matthew Michael Kirby (1-0) vs (3-2) Eoghan Behan

Main Event: Light Heavyweight;</p><p>

Maxwell Aland (14-0-2) vs <strong>(11-4) Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event: Lightweight;</p><p>

'The Bruiser from Belfast' Liam O'Connell (5-2) vs <strong>(8-5) Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

Fight 3: Light Heavyweight;</p><p>

<strong>'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan (46-30-4-1)</strong> vs (31-21) 'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam</p><p> </p><p>

Fight 2: Welterweight;</p><p>

'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie (2-1) vs <strong>(3-0) Jean-Jacques Levasseur</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Fight 1: Light Heavyweight;</p><p>

<strong>Matthew Michael Kirby (1-0)</strong> vs (3-2) Eoghan Behan</p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/CelticFlag_zps9c464cc5.jpeg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>CELTIC 3: Clan Wars</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> <em>Friday, week 4, March 1998.</em></p><p><em> Att, 175, Ireland. $4,375.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-L_zps6438b652-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 1: Matthew Michael Kirby (1-0) vs (3-2) Eoghan Behan</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Next up, Matthew Michael Kirby takes on Eoghan Behan in the CELTIC Light Heavyweight division. <p> </p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Kirby fires off a barrage of big right hands, knocking Behan down!</p><p> >Kirby dives in and secures side control.</p><p> >Kirby fires away with rights, Behan is getting pounded.</p><p> >Behan is barely able to do anything at all, he cannot get out from under Kirby!</p><p> >The referee pulls Kirby away, stopping the match!</p><p> </p><p> >Matthew Michael Kirby takes the win by TKO!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> >Official Result: Matthew Michael Kirby defeats Eoghan Behan (TKO (Strikes) in 1:00 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/MatthewMichaelKirby_zpse78e81fc.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 2: 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie (2-1) vs (3-0) Jean-Jacques Levasseur</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on, 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie fights Jean-Jacques Levasseur in the CELTIC Welterweight division. <p> </p><p> >The fight begins!</p><p> </p><p> >A flurry of punches miss Gillespie and allow him to counter-strike with a right body kick.</p><p> >A wild high right kick misses, allowing Levasseur to score with a series of quick punches.</p><p> >Gillespie counters a flurry of punches by hitting a barrage of huge rights, knocking Levasseur down!</p><p> >Levasseur, stunned, can't do anything to stop Gillespie securing side control.</p><p> >Gillespie is trying to move from side control to mount.</p><p> >Levasseur keeps Gillespie at side control, not letting the mount happen.</p><p> >Levasseur gets some separation and tries to scramble for position.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >Gillespie is left turtled up with Levasseur behind him.</p><p> >Levasseur pounds away on the body and side of the head, Gillespie struggles to deal with them.</p><p> >Levasseur pounds away on Gillespie, landing several good shots to the side of the head in the process.</p><p> >Levasseur pounds away on the body and side of the head, Gillespie struggles to deal with them.</p><p> >Gillespie springs back to his feet, albeit at the expense of a few punches to the body and head.</p><p> >Levasseur looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Gillespie.</p><p> >Levasseur is now standing in the pocket.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Slipping past a left jab, Gillespie hits a huge right cross that knocks Levasseur right off his feet!</p><p> >Gillespie starts pounding away on Levasseur, looking to finish him off!</p><p> >Gillespie unloads with big punches, landing several that clearly hurt Levasseur.</p><p> >The strikes are stopped when Levasseur manages to pull Gillespie down into side control.</p><p> >In side control, Gillespie catches his breath, content just to throw a couple of punches to the body.</p><p> >Using an underhook to set it up, Levasseur looks to scramble for position.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round one.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Gillespie.</p><p> </p><p> >We are back underway!</p><p> </p><p> >A feint sets up a body kick from Levasseur, but Gillespie is able to move out of range in time.</p><p> >A straight left fails to land and Levasseur is able to fire back with a series of quick punches.</p><p> >After a flurry of punches miss, Gillespie is able to strike back with a couple of hard rights!</p><p> >Slipping past a flurry of punches, Gillespie counters with a series of big right hands, putting Levasseur down on the ground!</p><p> >Gillespie senses victory and looks to finish with stomps and soccer kicks!</p><p> >Gillespie hits several vicious stomps and kicks, but Levasseur incredibly weathers the storm!</p><p> >In comes Gillespie looking to get some form of ground control.</p><p> >Levasseur moves quickly, scrambling for position before Gillespie can get a hold.</p><p> >Levasseur ends up in guard.</p><p> >Levasseur throws a few right hands to the body.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >Levasseur throws a few strikes, but is clearly slowing things down so that he can catch his breath.</p><p> >Gillespie tries to pull Levasseur in close and smother him, but doesn't get anywhere with it.</p><p> >In guard, Levasseur throws a couple of punches designed to keep Gillespie guessing.</p><p> >Gillespie tries to get double underhooks on Levasseur so that he can get some control, but can't get them.</p><p> >Levasseur pounds away from the guard, but Gillespie isn't troubled by the strikes.</p><p> >Gillespie attempts a triangle choke on Levasseur from the bottom of the guard.</p><p> >Levasseur blocks the attempt.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Levasseur unloads with some big elbows, but Gillespie deals with them comfortably.</p><p> >Gillespie applies double underhooks and keeps Levasseur from launching any attacks.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</p><p> </p><p> >I think Gillespie took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</p><p> </p><p> >Round three begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Moving forward, Levasseur counters a series of wayward big punches with a nice left hand.</p><p> >Levasseur avoids a scorching right uppercut and comes back with a quick series of punches.</p><p> >Scott Gillespie is looking really tired.</p><p> >A body kick misses, giving Levasseur an opening to score with a barrage of big punches on Gillespie!</p><p> >Slipping past a flurry of punches, Gillespie has the angle to counter with a kick to the outside of the knee.</p><p> >Jean-Jacques Levasseur is looking really tired.</p><p> >Levasseur sees a low kick being set up and strikes first with a flurry of quick punches to sting Gillespie.</p><p> >A left jab misses, giving Levasseur the chance to hit back with a punch.</p><p> >Slipping past a left jab, Levasseur hits a solid right hook to the body.</p><p> >There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >Not comfortable in the pocket, Levasseur steps back and creates some space.</p><p> >Moving in closer, a tired-looking Gillespie apparently wants to strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Gillespie cannot get close enough to the elusive Levasseur.</p><p> >A body kick misses, giving Levasseur an opening to score with a barrage of big punches on Gillespie!</p><p> >Gillespie uses head movement to slip past a punch, then hits a nasty-looking kick to the inside of the knee.</p><p> >Those strikes to the legs are going to take their toll.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Gillespie gets tagged with a crisp jab.</p><p> >Levasseur dodges a jab, and fires back with a flurry of quick punches to sting Gillespie.</p><p> >Levasseur slips past a jab and scores with a series of quick, sharp punches.</p><p> >Jean-Jacques Levasseur looks very, very tired.</p><p> >The time expires on round three, and that is the end of the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Levasseur.</p><p> </p><p> >Here come the official scores.</p><p> >All three judges have given 29-28.</p><p> </p><p> >'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie wins by unanimous decision!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie defeats Jean-Jacques Levasseur (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Great.</strong><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/ScottGillespie_zps5d0f006e.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Fight 3: 'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan (46-30-4-1) vs (31-21) 'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on to the next match, in which 'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan will battle 'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam in the CELTIC Light Heavyweight division. <p> </p><p> >And here we go!</p><p> </p><p> >Both fighters go to exchange blows, but neither hits a telling strike.</p><p> >McAddam is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Brennan.</p><p> >He pulls Brennan into a grapple.</p><p> >McAddam tries to wrestle Brennan backward and up against the cage.</p><p> >Brennan ends up backed against the cage.</p><p> >Showing good control, McAddam keeps Brennan stuck against the cage and hits him with short punches to the body for about sixty seconds.</p><p> >McAddam pins Brennan up against the cage and stomps down hard on his foot.</p><p> >Showing how good he can be at controlling opponents, McAddam keeps Brennan stuck against the cage for about sixty seconds.</p><p> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</p><p> >The referee thinks there has been too little progress, and brings the two fighters back to the center.</p><p> >Brennan hits McAddam with two straight lefts.</p><p> >Brennan catches McAddam with a left hand.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Brennan catches McAddam with a left hand.</p><p> >McAddam steps back to avoid some wild swings.</p><p> >McAddam looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</p><p> >McAddam can't get close enough to grapple, Brennan keeps him away with strikes.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round one.</p><p> >Not much happened in that round, hopefully the fighters will pick up the pace a bit when we restart.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Brennan.</p><p> </p><p> >And here we go, round two!</p><p> >Brennan hits McAddam with a nice left jab.</p><p> >Moving forward, Brennan counters a left jab with a quick left.</p><p> >McAddam looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</p><p> >Not wanting to grapple, Brennan uses strikes to keep McAddam at a distance.</p><p> >McAddam looks to be trying to close the distance between them.</p><p> >Not wanting to grapple, Brennan uses strikes to keep McAddam at a distance.</p><p> >Cliff McAddam is breathing very hard.</p><p> >Brennan tries for a left jab but McAddam moves out of range.</p><p> >Brennan circles around McAddam.</p><p> >McAddam doesn't let Brennan settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >Looking tired, McAddam comes in closer, attempting to wrestle with Brennan.</p><p> >Brennan uses his strikes to stop McAddam from getting close enough to grapple.</p><p> >A drained-looking McAddam tries to close the distance between them.</p><p> >Brennan ends up grappling for supremacy with McAddam.</p><p> >McAddam is trying to push Brennan so that his back is up against the cage.</p><p> >McAddam achieves it, pinning Brennan to the cage.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Showing good control, McAddam keeps Brennan stuck against the cage and hits him with short punches to the body for about sixty seconds.</p><p> >Cliff McAddam seems to be fighting against exhaustion.</p><p> >McAddam pins Brennan up against the cage and stomps down hard on his foot.</p><p> >Time expires and we come to the end of round two.</p><p> </p><p> >That was a very close round, but I think McAddam just about edged it.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >Between rounds we could hear the corner of McAddam telling him to swing for the fences.</p><p> >Brennan jabs McAddam as he advances.</p><p> >There's a stalemate as both fighters throw strikes, but neither scores.</p><p> >Both fighters come in and throw strikes, there is no real damage done by either.</p><p> >Not comfortable in the pocket, Brennan steps back and creates some space.</p><p> >Brennan hits McAddam with two straight lefts.</p><p> >A straight left by McAddam keeps Brennan from advancing.</p><p> >Time slips away as Brennan doesn't press McAddam, allowing him to circle.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >McAddam steps back to avoid some wild swings.</p><p> >Kerry Brennan looks very tired out there.</p><p> >McAddam steps back to avoid some wild swings.</p><p> >McAddam moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a clean left.</p><p> >Brennan tries for a left jab but McAddam moves out of range.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >McAddam avoids a couple of wild swings.</p><p> >Despite being tired, McAddam looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with Brennan.</p><p> >Brennan is too quick, and manages to hit McAddam with a good clean left jab.</p><p> >Kerry Brennan looks very, very tired.</p><p> >McAddam avoids a couple of wild punches.</p><p> >The time expires on round three, and that is the end of the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Brennan.</p><p> </p><p> >The judges' scores are now being announced.</p><p> >The judges score the contest as 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27.</p><p> </p><p> >Kerry Brennan wins by unanimous decision!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> >Official Result: 'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan defeats 'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Poor.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/KerryBrennan_zps605186a3.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Co-Main Event: 'The Bruiser from Belfast' Liam O'Connell (5-2) vs (8-5) Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>The co-main event is up next. 'The Bruiser From Belfast' Liam O'Donnell goes up against Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch in the CELTIC Lightweight division. <p> </p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Lynch slips out of the way of a jab.</p><p> >A left hand misses, allowing O'Donnell to counter with a solid left.</p><p> >O'Donnell counters a wayward left jab with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing O'Donnell to fire back with a nice jab.</p><p> >Lynch steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.</p><p> >A jab misses and O'Donnell counters with a flurry of quick punches to sting Lynch.</p><p> >O'Donnell bobs and weaves.</p><p> >Lynch doesn't let O'Donnell settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</p><p> >Lynch is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to O'Donnell.</p><p> >Lynch can't get near enough to engage, O'Donnell uses strikes to keep him out of range.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >O'Donnell throws a speculative right, but it is nowhere near hitting.</p><p> >Lynch steps in closer to force the issue.</p><p> >Lynch moves in quickly after a wayward punch and hits a nice jab.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Lynch looks like he may want to wrestle O'Donnell.</p><p> >Lynch can't get close enough to grapple, O'Donnell keeps him away with strikes.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >A speculative right hand from Lynch doesn't find a home.</p><p> >O'Donnell doesn't let Lynch settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</p><p> >Lynch avoids a jab and scores with a solid left jab.</p><p> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to O'Donnell.</p><p> </p><p> >And here we go, round two!</p><p> >Lynch slips out of the way of a flurry of punches.</p><p> >O'Donnell counters a wayward left jab with a clean jab.</p><p> >A jab misses and Lynch counters with two big right hands!</p><p> >Lynch uses head movement to dodge a jab, and counters with some heavy right hands!</p><p> >A left jab misses the mark and allows Lynch to counter with a punch.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, O'Donnell hits a crisp left jab.</p><p> >Lynch gets caught with a stiff jab.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >A left jab misses the mark and allows Lynch to counter with a jab.</p><p> >Slipping past a flurry of punches, Lynch counters with some heavy right hands!</p><p> >Slipping past a left jab, O'Donnell hits a solid left jab.</p><p> >Lynch uses head movement to cause a left jab to sail harmlessly by.</p><p> >Lynch backs away from O'Donnell, creating some space between them.</p><p> >Lynch steps back to avoid a left jab.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Lynch looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with O'Donnell.</p><p> >Lynch cannot get close enough to the elusive O'Donnell.</p><p> >The time runs out on round two.</p><p> >That was an exciting round, hopefully the fighters will continue with that pace in the next.</p><p> </p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Lynch.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell and round number three begins!</p><p> >Lynch feints going high, but O'Donnell doesn't buy it.</p><p> >Lynch steps in, feints a kick, then darts back out.</p><p> >Lynch counters a left jab by using a couple of hard rights!</p><p> >Lynch looks like he might be trying to get in close and wrestle with O'Donnell.</p><p> >Lynch can't get close enough to grapple, O'Donnell keeps him away with strikes.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Lynch looks like he may want to wrestle O'Donnell.</p><p> >O'Donnell ends up grappling for supremacy with Lynch.</p><p> >Lynch uses dirty boxing and gets in a few crisp punches on O'Donnell as they grapple.</p><p> >O'Donnell tries to wriggle free, but Lynch controls him well and gets in a few close-range punches too.</p><p> >Lynch hits O'Donnell with some short strikes to the side of the head while grappling.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Lynch uses some dirty boxing as he grapples with O'Donnell.</p><p> >Liam O'Donnell is breathing very hard.</p><p> >O'Donnell gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Lynch uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment.</p><p> >Lynch hits O'Donnell with some short strikes to the side of the head while grappling.</p><p> >The grappling doesn't last long, as they soon break away from each other.</p><p> >O'Donnell counters a left jab by using a stinging left jab.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Lynch circles, looking for an opening.</p><p> >O'Donnell doesn't let Lynch settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</p><p> >A jab misses and Lynch counters with a flurry of jabs and straight punches.</p><p> >The time runs out and that round is over, and so is the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Lynch.</p><p> </p><p> >The judges' scores are now being announced.</p><p> >All three judges give a score of 29-28.</p><p> </p><p> >Making Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch the winner by unanimous decision!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Roy 'No Surrender' Lynch defeats 'The Bruiser From Belfast' Liam O'Donnell (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Average.</strong><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/RoyLynch_zps659ea818.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Main Event: Maxwell Aland (14-0-2) vs (11-4) Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>It's time for the main event of the evening! Maxwell Aland will battle Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton in the CELTIC Light Heavyweight division. <p> >With expectations of an exciting match behind it, it'll be interesting to see if this bout can live up to the hype.</p><p> >We are underway!</p><p> >Aland tries for a left jab but Heaton moves out of range.</p><p> >Aland comes in, looking for a quick takedown.</p><p> >Heaton gets taken down by a single leg, and has to pull guard.</p><p> >Aland tries to push apart the guard, maybe thinking of trying to isolate a leg.</p><p> >Heaton defends himself well by keeping the guard tight.</p><p> >Aland deflects a couple of punches that Heaton threw from below.</p><p> >Aland pounds away from the guard with elbows, but Heaton isn't troubled by them.</p><p> >Heaton throws out some punches, but Aland leans back to avoid them.</p><p> >Aland attempts to pass guard and gain a better position.</p><p> >Aland is too much for Heaton, passing guard and gaining side control.</p><p> >Aland looks to get a mount.</p><p> >He mounts Heaton.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >Aland attempts to put his legs in position to set up a triangle choke on Heaton from the mount.</p><p> >Heaton blocks it.</p><p> >Aland pounds away with elbows from the mount, hitting several big shots.</p><p> >Aland tries to lock Heaton in a triangle choke using his legs.</p><p> >Aland rolls onto his back with the triangle choke applied, Heaton has to tap out!</p><p> </p><p> >The winner, by submission; Maxwell Aland!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Maxwell Aland defeats Mitchell 'The Heathen' Heaton (Submission (Triangle) in 4:26 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/MaxwellAland_zps43fc795c.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Show summary</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> Critical rating: Good</p><p> Commercial success: Decent</p><p> </p><p> Fight of the Night: Maxwell Aland vs Mitchell Heaton</p><p> Knockout of the Night: Matthew Michael Kirby</p><p> Submission of the Night: Maxwell Aland</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p>

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Prediction Results;</strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>

</strong></span></p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>CageRage, - 4/5</strong></span></p><p>

funkyzafara, - 3/5</p><p>

<strong>CageRage</strong> wins again, after the initial 'Invasion' fights at an upcoming event we will have a Canada vs, team MMA event (with 2 new Canadian signings) who shall they face!? Ireland, Wales or Scotland!?</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">News after CELTIC 3;</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></strong>Other than the usual couple of months Medical Suspensions handed out to the fighters, Kerry Brennan will be out for a little over 2 months with a Pelvic Injury he suffered in his Decision victory over Cliff McAddam.</p><p> </p><p>

Popularity is now up to 14.8%.</p><p> </p><p>

<span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">CELTIC 4: Canadian Invasion;</span></strong></p><p> </p><p>

CELTIC 4 will see the first Fighters from a Non-CELTIC nation compete in the promotion, QueBec Fight Force Invade CELTIC Fight Club with Beau LuPone, Martin Marleau and Brad Wyman coming all the way from Canada to compete. Also invading the CELTIC Cage is Jerome DuBois a Martial Artist and B-Level actor he has won several European and International Kickboxing and Savate Titles during his Fight career and tonight he makes his MMA Debut taking on Harry McPeterson, McPeterson lost his first outing in the CELTIC Fight Club Cage at CELTIC 1 to Mitchell Heaton.</p><p> </p><p>

The Co-Main Event see's Nathan O'Reilly in his 2nd CELTIC Fight Club fight after defeating Ralf Puce he will face invading Canadian Martin Marleau, Marleau is a Slugger with good Heart and conditioning.</p><p> </p><p>

The rest of the card features invading Canadian Beau LuPone, LuPone is a theatrical inclined gothic inspired young Kickboxer and in his CELTIC invasion fight he faces Irving Braun, who is coming off a TKO victory in his first CELTIC Fight. The final Invasion battle see's Blind in one eye Fighter Brad Wyman an Undefeated Muay Thai specialist face off against Welsh Kickboxer Keith Jolly who is coming off of a loss from his first CELTIC Fight Club battle.</p><p> </p><p>

The opening fight on the card is a retirement fight where Travis Jones makes his final appearance in an MMA Cage when he takes on undefeated Paddy McNamara, will the veteran go out with a bang!?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Quick Picks;</span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event: Light Heavyweight;</span></p><p>

Harry McPeterson (6-3-1) vs (0-0) Jerome 'La Panthère DuBois</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event: Middleweight;</span></p><p>

'Magnificent' Martin Marleau (5-1) vs (27-14) Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 3: Lightweight;</span></p><p>

'The Darl Lord' Beau LuPone (2-0) vs (2-0) Irving Braun</p><p> </p><p>

Brad 'Deadeye' Wyman (4-0) vs (3-1) Keith 'Dodger' Jolly</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 1: Welterweight;</span></p><p>

'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-20) vs (4-0) Paddy McNamara</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

Scotland

Harry McPeterson (6-3-1) vs (0-0) Jerome 'La Panthère DuBois

Co-Main Event: Middleweight;

'Magnificent' Martin Marleau (5-1) vs (27-14) Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly

Fight 3: Lightweight;

'The Darl Lord' Beau LuPone (2-0) vs (2-0) Irving Braun

Brad 'Deadeye' Wyman (4-0) vs (3-1) Keith 'Dodger' Jolly

Fight 1: Welterweight;

'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-20) vs (4-0) Paddy McNamara

Harry McPeterson (6-3-1) vs (0-0) Jerome 'La Panthère DuBois

Co-Main Event: Middleweight;

'Magnificent' Martin Marleau (5-1) vs (27-14) Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly

Fight 3: Lightweight;

'The Darl Lord' Beau LuPone (2-0) vs (2-0) Irving Braun

Brad 'Deadeye' Wyman (4-0) vs (3-1) Keith 'Dodger' Jolly

Fight 1: Welterweight;

'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-20) vs (4-0) Paddy McNamara

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/CelticFlag_zps9c464cc5.jpeg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>CELTIC 4: Canadian Invasion</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span> </p><p> <em>Saturday, week 1, May 1998.</em></p><p><em> Att, 222, Ireland. $5,550.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-L_zps6438b652-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 1: 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (28-20) vs (4-0) Paddy McNamara</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div><p> >Moving on to the next match, in which 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones battles Paddy McNamara in the CELTIC Welterweight division. </p><p> </p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> </p><p> >McNamara avoids a quick jab and hits a clean left.</p><p> >McNamara tries for a left jab but Jones moves out of range.</p><p> >Jones slips past a left jab and fires back with a solid left jab.</p><p> >Jones avoids a flurry of rights and lefts.</p><p> >A flurry of rights and lefts miss, allowing Jones to hit back with a crisp left hand punch.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Jones looks like he wants to strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Keen to maintain some distance, McNamara uses strikes to keep Jones away.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Jones chooses to shoot in on McNamara.</p><p> >A counter left catches Jones above the eye.</p><p> >Jones moves out of range of a flurry of punches.</p><p> >A jab misses, allowing McNamara to counter-strike with a solid left.</p><p> >Jones avoids a jab.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >McNamara slips out of the way of a jab.</p><p> >McNamara throws a swift jab but doesn't do any damage.</p><p> >Jones steps in to put some pressure on.</p><p> >Round one ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of McNamara.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >Jones tries for a left jab but McNamara moves out of range.</p><p> >A straight left fails to land and McNamara is able to fire back with a flurry of quick punches to sting Jones.</p><p> >Jones waits out a flurry of punches and then hits a jab.</p><p> >Jones counters a flurry of punches by hitting a solid left jab.</p><p> >McNamara throws a left jab but Jones avoids it.</p><p> >There's a takedown attempt from Jones.</p><p> >McNamara stuffs the takedown, so Jones has to settle for pushing him up against the cage.</p><p> >We've now passed the halfway mark in this round.</p><p> >With the cage trapping McNamara, Jones gets the underhooks in and looks for a takedown.</p><p> >Jones doesn't get the takedown, McNamara instead wrestles his way into controlling the grapple.</p><p> >McNamara drives a knee to the thigh area.</p><p> >Jones takes a knee strike to the inside of his own knee.</p><p> >McNamara tries to hit Jones with an elbow, but Jones takes the opportunity to switch it around so that he is in control and McNamara is the one backed against the cage.</p><p> >Jones has worked in the underhooks and looks to take McNamara down.</p><p> >The underhooks allow Jones to easily trip McNamara and send him to the ground.</p><p> >McNamara winds up seated, his back to the cage, with Jones pressing onto him.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >Jones tries to improve his position.</p><p> >McNamara gets turned onto his back, and is mounted!</p><p> >Jones fires away with elbows, but McNamara deals with them fairly well.</p><p> >It looks like McNamara has been cut under the eye by that strike.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to Jones, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >The corner goes to work between rounds trying to close the cut on McNamara.</p><p> </p><p> >And here we go, round three!</p><p> >Jones tries for a left jab but McNamara moves out of range.</p><p> >Moving forward, McNamara counters a left jab with a series of quick jabs.</p><p> >Jones chooses to shoot in on McNamara.</p><p> >McNamara tries to avoid Jones.</p><p> >McNamara avoids the takedown attempt.</p><p> >McNamara steps back to avoid a left jab.</p><p> >Jones looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >Strikes from McNamara keep Jones from stepping in too close.</p><p> >Paddy McNamara looks very tired out there.</p><p> >Jones counters a flurry of punches with a nice left hand.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Jones throws a couple of wild punches as a set up, then shoots in for a takedown.</p><p> >McNamara sees the takedown coming and tries to move.</p><p> >McNamara avoids the takedown attempt.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Jones looks like he may want to wrestle McNamara.</p><p> >McNamara tries to counter Jones with a huge right hook, but it doesn't hit the target.</p><p> >There's a takedown attempt from Jones.</p><p> >McNamara tries to avoid the takedown.</p><p> >McNamara avoids the takedown attempt.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >A jab misses and McNamara counters with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >Jones looks like he wants to stand in the pocket and strike with McNamara.</p><p> >McNamara counters with a left jab that catches Jones hard.</p><p> >Jones steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.</p><p> >From the looks of things, I don't think Paddy McNamara has much energy left.</p><p> >We reach the time limit and this fight is over.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to McNamara.</p><p> </p><p> >The official scores are being reported now.</p><p> </p><p> >Judge #1 has given 29-28 to Jones.</p><p> >Judge #2 gives a score of 29-28 in favour of McNamara.</p><p> >Judge #3 has scored it 29-28 McNamara.</p><p> >Paddy McNamara wins by split decision!</p><p> </p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Paddy McNamara defeats 'The Welsh Warrior' Travis Jones (Split Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.</strong><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/PaddyMcNamara_zps2db95127.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 2: Brad 'Deadeye' Wyman (4-0) vs (3-1) Keith 'Dodger' Jolly</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Another match is about to begin; Brad 'Dead Eye' Wyman battles Keith 'Dodger' Jolly in the CELTIC Welterweight division. <p> </p><p> >Round one begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Wyman darts in, feints a jab, darts back out.</p><p> >An exchange of strikes goes nowhere.</p><p> >Wyman slips past a jab and scores with a thudding right hook to the body.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, Wyman hits a nice left.</p><p> >Seeing a low kick coming, Jolly strikes first with a solid left jab.</p><p> >A left jab misses the mark and allows Wyman to counter with a clean punch.</p><p> >Both fighters exchange strikes, but neither hits anything significant.</p><p> >Wyman tries for a left jab but Jolly uses head movement to avoid it.</p><p> >Jolly dodges a kick to the body and fires back with a solid left jab.</p><p> >A left jab misses the mark and allows Wyman to counter with a series of big punches, trapping Jolly against the cage!</p><p> >Jolly falls to the ground! Wyman continues to pound away, sensing victory!</p><p> >The referee is forced to jump in and stop the match!</p><p> >Brad 'Dead Eye' Wyman takes the win by TKO!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Brad 'Dead Eye' Wyman defeats Keith 'Dodger' Jolly (TKO (Strikes) in 2:35 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/BradWyman_zps52b7f85a.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 3: 'The Dark Lord' Beau LuPone (2-0) vs (2-0) Irving Braun</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on to the next match, in which 'The Dark Lord' Beau LuPone goes head to head with Irving Braun in the CELTIC Lightweight division. <p> </p><p> >We are underway!</p><p> </p><p> >A left hand misses, allowing LuPone to counter with a sharp kick just above the hip.</p><p> >LuPone slips out of the way of a jab.</p><p> >Braun avoids a flurry of rights and lefts.</p><p> >A flying knee strike from LuPone hits Braun, momentarily putting him on rubbery legs!</p><p> >Braun keeps his cool as LuPone throws a feint to the left.</p><p> >LuPone looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >Braun sees a chance for a takedown attempt, and LuPone, caught by surprise, has to pull guard.</p><p> >Braun begins trying to pass guard and get a better position.</p><p> >He does excellently, getting past the guard and into side control.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >Braun fires away with rights, and LuPone is taking powerful shot after powerful shot!</p><p> >With LuPone taking a beating, the referee has to stop the match!</p><p> </p><p> >The winner, by TKO, is Irving Braun!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Irving Braun defeats 'The Dark Lord' Beau LuPone (TKO (Strikes) in 2:44 of round 1). The match was rated as being Great.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/IrvingBraun_zpsbe213175.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Co-Main Event: 'Magnificent' Martin Marleau (5-1) vs (27-14) Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>The co-main event is up next. 'Magnificent' Martin Marleau will take on Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly in the CELTIC Middleweight division. <p> >If this match lives up to the pre-fight expectations then we're about to see some fireworks.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the opening bell!</p><p> </p><p> >O'Reilly avoids a quick jab and hits a left.</p><p> >A big right hand doesn't find its intended target, allowing Marleau to fire back with a solid left jab.</p><p> >Several big right hands miss, setting Marleau up to counter-strike with a straight left.</p><p> >Moving forward, O'Reilly counters a left jab with a nice jab.</p><p> >A jab misses, allowing O'Reilly to counter-strike with a barrage of big punches on Marleau!</p><p> >Slipping past a left jab, O'Reilly hits a crisp left jab.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >O'Reilly slips past a jab and scores with a series of quick, sharp punches.</p><p> >Using good head movement, Marleau ducks under a punch and scores with a solid left jab.</p><p> >A left jab misses, Marleau counters with a solid left jab.</p><p> >Using head movement to slip past a left jab, O'Reilly hits a crisp left.</p><p> >Slipping past a left jab, Marleau hits a jab.</p><p> >A left jab misses, giving O'Reilly the chance to hit back with a right hook to the body.</p><p> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</p><p> >Marleau slips past a flurry of rights and lefts and hits a nice jab.</p><p> >O'Reilly dodges a jab, and fires back with a punch.</p><p> >O'Reilly lets a jab sail wide and counter-strikes with a nice jab.</p><p> >Round one ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of O'Reilly.</p><p> </p><p> >Round two begins!</p><p> >Marleau avoids a flurry of punches.</p><p> >A left jab misses and O'Reilly strikes back with a barrage of big right hands!</p><p> >Marleau staggers backward, looking dazed...that last blow must have really rocked him!</p><p> >O'Reilly explodes on Marleau, knocking him down with a barrage of big rights!</p><p> >Marleau shakes off the blow almost immediately though, and waits for O'Reilly to make a move.</p><p> >O'Reilly tries to secure a ground position.</p><p> >Marleau is unable to prevent O'Reilly from getting side control.</p><p> >O'Reilly looks to roll Marleau slightly and slip behind.</p><p> >Marleau rolls to the side to try and escape, but gives up his back!</p><p> >O'Reilly gets both hooks in, and is now in a really dominant position.</p><p> >O'Reilly unloads with big right hands, landing several that clearly hurt Marleau.</p><p> >O'Reilly, with both hooks in, attempts to get a rear naked choke fully applied.</p><p> >The rear naked choke is in deep, Marleau has to tap out!</p><p> </p><p> >The winner, by submission; Nathan O'Reilly!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly defeats 'Magnificent' Martin Marleau (Submission (Rear Naked Choke) in 2:24 of round 2). The match was rated as being Fantastic.</strong><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/NathanOReilly_zpsae115001.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <strong>Main Event: Harry McPeterson (6-3-1) vs (0-0) Jerome 'La Panthère DuBois</strong></p><p> </p><p> </p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>It's time for the main event of the evening! Harry McPeterson will battle Jerome 'La Panthère' DuBois in the CELTIC Light Heavyweight division. <p> >The hype videos for this event have been saying that this match will be very exciting....let's see if they're right.</p><p> </p><p> >We are underway!</p><p> </p><p> >Both fighters come toe-to-toe and strike, but none of the strikes result in significant damage being done.</p><p> >DuBois avoids a jab and scores with a brutal axe kick, McPeterson is out cold!</p><p> </p><p> >The winner, by Knock Out; Jerome DuBois!</p></div></blockquote><strong>>Official Result: Jerome 'La Panthère' DuBois defeats Harry McPeterson (Knock Out (Kick) in 0:58 of round 1). The match was rated as being Good.</strong><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/JeromeDuBois_zps4bd88b05.gif</span></p><p> </p><p> </p><p> <span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Show summary</strong></span></p><p> </p><p> Critical rating: Great</p><p> Commercial success: Great</p><p> </p><p> Fight of the Night: Nathan O'Reilly vs Martin Marleau</p><p> Knockout of the Night: Jerome DuBois</p><p> Submission of the Night: Nathan O'Reilly</p><p> </p></div><p></p><p></p>

</strong></span></p><p>

CageRage, - 4/5</p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>funkyzafara, - 4/5</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

Funkyzafara wins, your prize is to pick the next fight for celebrity Fighter Jerome 'La Panthère' DuBois the choice are...</p><p> </p><p>

Cliff McAddam (31-22) Scotland.</p><p>

Conor Houghton (4-4) Ireland, New Signing.</p><p>

Eoghan Behan (3-3) Ireland.</p><p>

Kerry Brennan (47-30-4-1NC) Ireland.</p><p>

Maxwell Aland (15-0-2) <em><strong>#11 Ranked Light Heavyweight</strong></em>, Scotland.</p><p>

Mitchell Heaton (11-5) Ireland.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">News after CELTIC 4;</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></strong>No injury concerns after CELTIC 4, with the fighters just being handed the usual few weeks medical suspensions.</p><p> </p><p>

Travis Jones has retired from MMA competition following his loss to at CELTIC 4 to Paddy McNamara, everyone at CELTIC Fight Club wishes Travis the best in his retirement.</p><p> </p><p>

Popularity is now up to 17.2%.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">CELTIC 5: Caged Rebels;</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></strong>At CELTIC 5 the main event will feature Matthew Michael Kirby coming off a victory in his CELTIC Fight Club debut and stepping up to Heavyweight to face 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree, Kirby feels he can fight at both Heavyweight and Light Heavy and faces Tough Boxer Phil Verdigree in what will not be a fight for the faint hearted.</p><p> </p><p>

In the Co-Main event Caragh Green will be making his CELTIC Fight Club debut, Caragh is an Irish Wrestler and Boxer who has decent ability to Submit people on the ground, at CELTIC 5 he faces Scott Gillespie, a Scotsman who beat highly rated Jean-Jacques Levasseur in his last fight stopping his undefeated streak, can he now stop Caragh Greens!?</p><p> </p><p>

In the rest of the nights card Graham Goodbody who had his CELTIC 2 loss changed to a draw after his opponant failed a drug test faces Ronald McAllister in a Wales versus Scotland fight Goodbody is a big strong but not very mobile Fighter while McAllister is a former extremely violent bare knuckle boxer. After beating Dennis Gallacher in his last fight via TKO Rhys Buck is set to face Ralf Puce, Puce is coming off of a TKO loss from his last fight .. Will he suffer the same fate again!?</p><p> </p><p>

In the nights opening bout Thomas O'Cann who is coming off a TKO loss from his last fight and now on an even 3-3 record is in deserate need of a victory, tonight he faces fellow Irishman Liam O'Donnell, O'Donnell is also coming off a loss after dropping a Decision against Roy Lynch can he save his slide!? Or will Thomas O'Cann stop the drop!?</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Quick Picks;</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event: Heavyweight;</span></p><p>

'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (21-14-1-2NC) vs (2-0) Matthew Michael Kirby</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event: Welterweight;</span></p><p>

Caragh Green (3-0) vs (3-1) 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 3: Heayweight;</span></p><p>

Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody (18-9-1NC) vs (16-11-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 2: Middleweight;</span></p><p>

Rhys 'Fast' Buck (2-0) vs (23-20) 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 1: Lightweight;</span></p><p>

Thomas O'Cann (3-3) vs (5-3) 'The Bruiser from Belfast' Liam O'Donnell</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

Main Event: Heavyweight;

'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (21-14-1-2NC) vs (2-0) Matthew Michael Kirby

Co-Main Event: Welterweight;

Caragh Green (3-0) vs (3-1) 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie

Fight 3: Heayweight;

Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody (18-9-1NC) vs (16-11-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister

Fight 2: Middleweight;

Rhys 'Fast' Buck (2-0) vs (23-20) 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce

Fight 1: Lightweight;

Thomas O'Cann (3-3) vs (5-3) 'The BruisLiam O'Donnell

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/CelticFlag_zps9c464cc5.jpeg</span></p><p> </p><p> <span style="font-size:18px;"><strong>CELTIC 5: Caged Warriors</strong></span></p><p><span style="font-size:18px;"><strong> </strong></span> </p><p> <em>Saturday, week 4, May 1998.</em></p><p><em> Att, 208, Ireland. $5,200.</em></p><p> </p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-L_zps6438b652-1.jpg</span></p><p> </p><p> <strong>Fight 1: Thomas O'Cann (3-3) vs (5-3) 'The Bruiser from Belfast' Liam O'Donnell</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Next up, Thomas O'Cann battles 'The Bruiser From Belfast' Liam O'Donnell in the CELTIC Lightweight division. <p> </p><p> >And here we go!</p><p> </p><p> >An exchange of strikes goes nowhere.</p><p> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up grappling.</p><p> >The grapple breaks up after a short struggle, and the two fighters step apart.</p><p> >A left jab misses and O'Donnell strikes back with a flurry of jabs and straight punches.</p><p> >Backing out of range, O'Donnell circles tentatively.</p><p> >It seems that O'Cann is happy to let O'Donnell circle for the moment.</p><p> >Using a feint to set up an opening, O'Donnell comes forward and hits a barrage of big rights, trapping O'Cann against the cage!</p><p> >O'Cann collapses, hurt, and O'Donnell looks to finish by unleashing a barrage of strikes to his downed opponent!</p><p> </p><p> >The referee pulls O'Donnell away, stopping the match!</p><p> </p><p> >The winner, by TKO; Liam O'Donnell!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> >Official Result: 'The Bruiser From Belfast' Liam O'Donnell defeats Thomas O'Cann (TKO (Strikes) in 2:05 of round 1). The match was rated as being Average.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/LiamODonnell_zpsa2183794.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Fight 2: Rhys 'Fast' Buck (2-0) vs (23-20) 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on to the next match, in which Rhys 'Fast' Buck squares off with 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce in the CELTIC Middleweight division. <p> </p><p> >There's the opening bell!</p><p> </p><p> >Buck shows great hand speed to score with a nice three-punch combination.</p><p> >Buck comes in and hits a quick combination that ends with a scorching left cross. Puce barely had time to cover up.</p><p> >Buck uses a nice jab.</p><p> >Puce steps back to avoid a one-two combination.</p><p> >Puce has to cover up and back off after a barrage of big punches.</p><p> >As he backs off it becomes clear that Puce is on rubbery legs, that last shot rocked him!</p><p> >Puce is knocked off his feet by a barrage of big lefts!</p><p> >Buck doesn't have time to capitalise though, as Puce recovers his wits quickly.</p><p> >Buck looks to get on top of Puce.</p><p> >Buck attains side control.</p><p> >Buck tries to lock Puce in an americana.</p><p> >Puce fights off the americana attempt.</p><p> >Buck blocks Puce as he tries a transition to guard.</p><p> >We pass the halfway mark of this round.</p><p> >Buck begins trying to get himself into mount.</p><p> >He can't get the mount.</p><p> >Buck blocks an attempt to pull guard.</p><p> >Buck fires off a handful of punches, each easily being blocked with gloves.</p><p> >Buck blocks Puce as he tries a transition to guard.</p><p> >We're into the final minute of the round.</p><p> >Stuck under side control, Puce takes a knee to the ribs.</p><p> >With no progress being made, the referee brings the fighters back to their feet.</p><p> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> </p><p> >That round goes to Buck, 10-9 on my card.</p><p> </p><p> >We are back underway!</p><p> </p><p> >Puce isn't drawn in by Buck feinting to his left.</p><p> >Buck counters a wayward left jab with a barrage of huge lefts, knocking Puce down!</p><p> >Buck moves in quickly, kneeling beside Puce and starting to hammer down with punches!</p><p> >Buck pounds away on Puce, landing several great shots that threaten to knock him out!</p><p> >The referee jumps in and saves Puce from taking any more shots!</p><p> </p><p> >Rhys Buck takes the victory by way of TKO!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> >Official Result: Rhys 'Fast' Buck defeats 'Gorgeous' Ralf Puce (TKO (Strikes) in 0:58 of round 2). The match was rated as being Good.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/RhysBuck_zpse1e5ac48.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p><strong> Fight 3: Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody (18-9-1NC) vs (16-11-3) Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>Moving on, Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody goes up against Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister in the CELTIC Heavyweight division. <p> </p><p> >The fight begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Goodbody tries for a left jab but McAllister moves out of range.</p><p> >A straight left fails to land and McAllister is able to fire back with a right hand.</p><p> >McAllister steps back to avoid a barrage of big punches.</p><p> >A speculative right hand from Goodbody doesn't find a home.</p><p> >Not letting up, McAllister steps in closer to pressure Goodbody into action.</p><p> >Goodbody side-steps a barrage of big punches and hits a clean jab.</p><p> >Goodbody counters a left jab by using a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >A straight left by Goodbody keeps McAllister from advancing.</p><p> >McAllister comes in closer to press the issue.</p><p> >A left hand misses, allowing McAllister to counter with two punches.</p><p> >The end of the round is coming quick, there's under a minute left.</p><p> >Goodbody keeps out of range, assessing the situation.</p><p> >McAllister quickly gets in closer, looking to attack.</p><p> >Goodbody moves out of range of some wild punches.</p><p> >Goodbody steps in but an exchange of strikes goes nowhere.</p><p> >Not letting up, McAllister quickly steps in closer to attack Goodbody.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round one.</p><p> >Hopefully we'll get a little more action in the next round, as there certainly wasn't any in this one.</p><p> </p><p> >I think McAllister took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</p><p> </p><p> >We are back underway!</p><p> </p><p> >It sounded like his corner told McAllister to watch for Goodbody trying takedowns in this round.</p><p> >McAllister slips past a left jab and counters with a solid left jab.</p><p> >McAllister counters a left jab by using a left hand.</p><p> >McAllister side-steps a barrage of big punches and hits a looping right.</p><p> >Graham Goodbody doesn't look like he has much left in the tank.</p><p> >Goodbody gets McAllister with a punch to the ribs, but it lacked power.</p><p> >It seems that McAllister is happy to let Goodbody circle for the moment.</p><p> >A left jab misses and McAllister counters with a right hand.</p><p> >Breathing very hard, Ronald McAllister is looking ragged.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >A left jab misses and McAllister counters with a left.</p><p> >Goodbody counters an errant left jab with two hard right hands!</p><p> >A drained-looking Goodbody tries to close the distance between them.</p><p> >Goodbody can't get near enough to engage, McAllister uses strikes to keep him out of range.</p><p> >Backing out of range, Goodbody circles tentatively.</p><p> >McAllister doesn't press the issue, allowing Goodbody to circle.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >A jab misses and McAllister counters with a left jab to the cheek.</p><p> >Goodbody circles as he plans his next move.</p><p> >It seems that McAllister is happy to let Goodbody circle for the moment.</p><p> >Graham Goodbody looks very, very tired.</p><p> >The time is up, and that's the end of round two.</p><p> >Not much happened in that round, hopefully the fighters will pick up the pace a bit when we restart.</p><p> </p><p> >I have to give that round to McAllister, but only a 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> >McAllister steps back to avoid a left jab.</p><p> >Goodbody steps back to avoid a left jab.</p><p> >Advancing, McAllister counters a left jab by using a right hand.</p><p> >From the looks of things, I don't think Ronald McAllister has much energy left.</p><p> >Although visibly tired, Goodbody looks to move in and stand in the pocket.</p><p> >Goodbody can't get near enough to engage, McAllister uses strikes to keep him out of range.</p><p> >Goodbody avoids a couple of wild swings.</p><p> >Goodbody counters a left jab with a straight left.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >A jab misses and McAllister counters with a left hand.</p><p> >Goodbody counters a wayward left jab with a left.</p><p> >Goodbody slips out of the way of a flurry of wild swings.</p><p> >Slowed down by physical tiredness, Goodbody still looks to get in close and strike from the pocket.</p><p> >He gets into range.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Goodbody uses head movement to slip past a wild swing, then hits a solid left jab.</p><p> >Good head movement allows McAllister to go under a vicious right hand and immediately counter with a crisp left hook to the body.</p><p> >McAllister gets hit with a crisp jab to the jaw, rocking his head back.</p><p> >Goodbody throws a left jab but McAllister uses good head movement to make sure it slips by.</p><p> >Time runs out and that's the end of the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of McAllister.</p><p> </p><p> >The ring announcer is now giving the official scores.</p><p> >The judges have scored it 29-28, 30-27 and 30-27.</p><p> </p><p> >So the winner, by unanimous decision, is Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> >Official Result: Ronald 'Mayhem' McAllister defeats Graham 'The Man Mountain' Goodbody (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Poor.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/RonaldMcAllister_zps2844948a.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Co-Main Event: Caragh Green (3-0) vs (3-1) 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>The co-main event is up next. Caragh Green goes up against 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie in the CELTIC Welterweight division. <p> </p><p> >There's a buzz about this bout, the promotional videos have got the fans expecting some fireworks.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the opening bell!</p><p> </p><p> >Green steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.</p><p> >Green doesn't get drawn in as Gillespie feints a kick.</p><p> >Gillespie tries for a left jab but Green moves out of range.</p><p> >Gillespie tries for a leg kick but Green moves out of range.</p><p> >Green swings with a couple of wild punches, then chooses to shoot in on Gillespie.</p><p> >The takedown is unsuccessful, Gillespie blocked Green.</p><p> >Green catches a right leg kick and goes for a takedown but Gillespie is able to block it.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Green is looking to turn this into a wrestling match, and is getting in closer to Gillespie.</p><p> >Not wanting to grapple, Gillespie uses strikes to keep Green at a distance.</p><p> >Green throws a speculative right, but it is nowhere near hitting.</p><p> >Gillespie doesn't let Green settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</p><p> >Green steps back to avoid a kick to the body.</p><p> >Green slips out of the way of a jab.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Green shoots in for a takedown.</p><p> >Gillespie attempts to avoid Green as he shoots in.</p><p> >Green doesn't get the takedown, Gillespie avoided it.</p><p> >Moving forward, Gillespie counters a left jab with a kick to the inside of the left thigh.</p><p> >Round one ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >I'd say that was definitely 10-9 in favour of Gillespie.</p><p> </p><p> >Round two begins!</p><p> </p><p> >They both meet with strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Green looks like he may want to wrestle Gillespie.</p><p> >Green can't get near enough to engage, Gillespie uses strikes to keep him out of range.</p><p> >Gillespie blasts Green with a leg kick.</p><p> >There's only so many of those strikes to the legs that can be taken before they become an issue.</p><p> >Green shoots in, looking for a takedown.</p><p> >Gillespie tries to time a counter right hand, but can't get it.</p><p> >Gillespie cannot stop the takedown, Green drove in with too much pace and power.</p><p> >Gillespie is left seated, with his back to the cage, with Green holding him down.</p><p> >Not liking his options, Green looks to get a better position over Gillespie.</p><p> >He is too good for Gillespie, and gets side control.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Green attempts to roll Gillespie slightly and take his back.</p><p> >Gillespie can't stop it and gives up his back!</p><p> >Green tries to hook Gillespie in a rear naked choke.</p><p> >Gillespie rolls them so that they are staring at the lights, then sharply turns over to wind up in guard.</p><p> >That was quite sloppy by Green, he definitely should have gotten hooks in before attempting that choke.</p><p> >Gillespie throws a few right hands to the body.</p><p> >In guard, Gillespie throws a couple of punches designed to keep Green guessing.</p><p> >Green attempts a triangle choke on Gillespie from the bottom of the guard.</p><p> >Gillespie pulls free before the triangle can be locked in.</p><p> >We move into the final sixty seconds of this round.</p><p> >Gillespie fires off a handful of punches, each easily being blocked with gloves.</p><p> >Round two ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >I think Green took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</p><p> </p><p> >Round three begins!</p><p> </p><p> >It sounded like his corner told Gillespie to stand with Green, but to be careful not to get caught.</p><p> >A jab misses, allowing Gillespie to counter-strike with a left.</p><p> >Gillespie steps in, feints a kick, then darts back out.</p><p> >Green comes in, looking for a quick takedown.</p><p> >Green goes under an attempted counter right hand.</p><p> >Green gets the takedown! Gillespie pulls guard.</p><p> >Green smothers Gillespie with his body by pushing forward and down.</p><p> >Green starts trying to work to get past the guard.</p><p> >Gillespie comfortably blocks the attempt and keeps Green in guard.</p><p> >Gillespie tries to pull Green in close and pepper him with short strikes, but can't.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >Green smothers Gillespie with his body by pushing forward and down.</p><p> >Time slips away as Green successfully keeps Gillespie stuck against the ground.</p><p> >The lengthy period of stalemate results in the referee standing them both back up.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Gillespie stings Green with a series of quick lefts.</p><p> >Gillespie hits a barrage of big punches on Green and knocks him down!</p><p> >Green shakes off the cobwebs quickly though, and is alert.</p><p> >Apparently unwilling to engage, Gillespie lets his opponent stand back up.</p><p> >Gillespie feints left and tries to get Green to commit to a strike, but gets no joy.</p><p> >The fight comes to an end as the time limit expires.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Gillespie.</p><p> </p><p> >The judges' scores are now being announced.</p><p> >All three judges score the contest as 29-28.</p><p> </p><p> >The winner, by unanimous decision, is Scott Gillespie!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> >Official Result: 'Glasgow's Finest' Scott Gillespie defeats Caragh Green (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Decent.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/ScottGillespie_zps5d0f006e.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Main Event: 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (21-14-1-2NC) vs (2-0) Matthew Michael Kirby</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><blockquote data-ipsquote="" class="ipsQuote" data-ipsquote-contentapp="forums" data-ipsquote-contenttype="forums" data-ipsquote-contentid="37359" data-ipsquote-contentclass="forums_Topic"><div>>It's time for the main event of the evening! 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree fights Matthew Michael Kirby in the CELTIC Heavyweight division. <p> </p><p> >The hype videos for this event have been saying that this match will be very exciting....let's see if they're right.</p><p> </p><p> >The fight begins!</p><p> </p><p> >A right hand misses, allowing Kirby to counter with a clean left.</p><p> >A jab doesn't find its intended target, allowing Kirby to fire back with a jab.</p><p> >Kirby comes in closer, looking to wrestle with Verdigree.</p><p> >Verdigree ends up grappling for supremacy with Kirby.</p><p> >Verdigree gets caught with a couple of nice short punches as Kirby uses his dirty boxing to inflict some punishment.</p><p> >Kirby is trying to push Verdigree so that his back is up against the cage.</p><p> >Kirby can't manage it, and Verdigree gets out of the grapple entirely.</p><p> >Kirby comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</p><p> >Verdigree uses movement to keep out reach, frustrating Kirby.</p><p> >We move into the second half of this round.</p><p> >Verdigree comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</p><p> >Verdigree can't get near enough to engage, Kirby uses strikes to keep him out of range.</p><p> >Verdigree keeps out of range, assessing the situation.</p><p> >Kirby quickly gets in closer, looking to attack.</p><p> >Moving in closer, Kirby looks like he wants to strike from the pocket.</p><p> >He gets into range.</p><p> >Kirby throws rights and lefts, but Verdigree covers up well and none of the shots find a home.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >They exchange strikes, but neither fighter inflicts any real damage.</p><p> >Having stepped in close to throw their strikes, they end up grappling.</p><p> >Kirby is trying to muscle Verdigree up against the cage.</p><p> >Kirby can't manage it, and Verdigree gets out of the grapple entirely.</p><p> >Kirby is looking to get in close and strike from the pocket.</p><p> >Kirby moves into the pocket.</p><p> >Round one is brought to an end as time runs out.</p><p> </p><p> >That has to go down as a 10-9 round to Kirby.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell and round number two begins!</p><p> </p><p> >Verdigree steps back to avoid a tight combination of punches after falling for a clever feint.</p><p> >Verdigree swiftly avoids a barrage of big punches.</p><p> >Advancing, Kirby counters a right jab by using a couple of shots to the body and a nice right uppercut.</p><p> >Kirby counters a right jab with a couple of nice shots.</p><p> >Verdigree comes in closer, looking to attack from the pocket.</p><p> >Strikes from Kirby keep Verdigree from stepping in too close.</p><p> >An exchange of strikes goes nowhere.</p><p> >We are now at the halfway point of the round.</p><p> >Verdigree slips out of the way of a combination of short sharp punches.</p><p> >They both meet with strikes, but neither does any damage.</p><p> >Verdigree swiftly avoids a barrage of big punches.</p><p> >We have one minute of the round remaining.</p><p> >Kirby misses with an attempted right hook to the body.</p><p> >Verdigree doesn't let Kirby settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</p><p> >They come together and throw strikes, both miss.</p><p> >Kirby keeps out of range, assessing the situation.</p><p> >Not letting Kirby settle at all, Verdigree comes in closer.</p><p> >Round two ends as time expires.</p><p> </p><p> >I think Kirby took that round, 10-9 on my score card.</p><p> </p><p> >There's the bell for the start of the round!</p><p> </p><p> >Both fighters fire off strikes, neither produces any significant damage.</p><p> >Kirby steps back to avoid a right jab.</p><p> >Phil Verdigree is breathing very hard.</p><p> >Kirby catches Verdigree with a couple of jabs and a beautiful right hook to the body.</p><p> >Verdigree slips out of the way of a combination of short sharp punches.</p><p> >Verdigree gets suckered in by a feint, and is fortunate to avoid the barrage of big right hands that follow it.</p><p> >Kirby hops around from foot to foot, looking for an opening.</p><p> >Verdigree doesn't let Kirby settle, stepping in closer to impose himself.</p><p> >We go past the halfway point of this round.</p><p> >Looking tired, Verdigree comes in closer, attempting to wrestle with Kirby.</p><p> >Kirby uses his strikes to stop Verdigree from getting close enough to grapple.</p><p> >Verdigree avoids a tight combination.</p><p> >Verdigree steps back to avoid a flurry of punches.</p><p> >They come together and throw strikes, both miss.</p><p> >There's under a minute left in this round.</p><p> >Kirby tries for a right jab but Verdigree uses head movement to avoid it.</p><p> >Verdigree covers up to safely defend against a flurry of rights and lefts.</p><p> >Using good head movement, Verdigree slips past a punch and hits a crisp right.</p><p> >The time runs out and that round is over, and so is the fight.</p><p> </p><p> >I have to give that round to Kirby, but only a 10-9.</p><p> </p><p> >Here come the official scores.</p><p> >All three judges give 30-27.</p><p> </p><p> >So the winner, by unanimous decision, is Matthew Michael Kirby!</p></div></blockquote><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> >Official Result: Matthew Michael Kirby defeats 'Mr. Saturday Night' Phil Verdigree (Unanimous Decision in 5:00 of round 3). The match was rated as being Abysmal.</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/MatthewMichaelKirby_zpse78e81fc.gif</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p> <span>http://i386.photobucket.com/albums/oo302/brettney1980/WMMA/CELTIC-B_zps601cad2d.jpg</span></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> </strong><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">Show summary</span></strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Critical rating: Very Poor</strong></p><p><strong> Commercial success: Decent</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p><p><strong> Fight of the Night: Rhys Buck vs Ralf Puce</strong></p><p><strong> Knockout of the Night: Liam O'Donnell</strong></p><p><strong> Submission of the Night: -</strong></p><p><strong> </strong></p></div><p></p><p></p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Prediction Results;</strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong> </strong></span></p><p><span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>

</strong></span>CageRage, - 3/5</p><p> </p><p>

With noone to compete against, and two picks wrong no winner this time out.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">News after CELTIC 5;</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;"> </span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></strong>No injury concerns after CELTIC 5, with the fighters just being handed the usual few weeks medical suspensions.</p><p> </p><p>

Popularity drops down to 15.6% after the disappointing CELTIC 5 event.</p><p> </p><p>

<strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">CELTIC 6: Mad and Bad;</span></strong></p><p><strong><span style="text-decoration:underline;">

</span></strong></p><p>

After his victory at CELTIC 1 'Mad' Jason McCulloch, Scottish Kickboxer is set to Main event CELTIC 6 against undeafeated Irish Boxer Paddy McNamara. McNamara has 2 wins in CELTIC Fight Club including a Split Decision over Travis Jones the man who Jason McCulloch beat by Unanimous Decision.</p><p> </p><p>

The nights Co-Main event will feature the CELTIC debut os Conor Houghton, the Northern Irish Brawler was previously fighting in the BCF cage and last suffered a loss to Scot Garry McSweegan, he faces fellow Irish Fighter Kerry Brennan who also considers himself a Brawler, the very experienced 'Irish Assassin' already has a Decision victory inside the CELIC cage.</p><p> </p><p>

The rest of the nights card will see Dennis Gallagher who lost his first fight in CELTIC Fight Club face off against a man unbeaten so far in CELTIC Fight Club with 2 wins and he is yet to go the distance. Jean-Jacques Levasseur is looking to get back ton winning ways after losing his unbeaten record last time out and the Frenchman will have a rematch against the man he beat at CELTIC 1, Paul Duffell, Duffell was said of of asked for this fight after believing he should of got the DEcision. The opening fight of the nights action will see Scottish Veteran Cliff McAddam who suffered a Decision loss at CELTIC 3 face Eoghan Behan who himself suffered a loss in his first CELTIC Fight, via TKO versus Matthew Michael Kirby.</p><p> </p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><strong>Quick Picks;</strong></span></p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Main Event: Welterweight;</span></p><p>

'Mad' Jason McCulloch (7-1) vs (5-0) Paddy McNamara</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Co-Main Event: Light Heavyweight;</span></p><p>

'The Irish Warrior' Conor Houghton (4-4) vs (47-30-4-1NC) 'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 3: Middleweight;</span></p><p>

Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-6) vs (28-14) Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly</p><p> </p><p>

Jean-Jacques Levasseur (3-1) vs (19-12) 'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell</p><p> </p><p>

<span style="text-decoration:underline;">Fight 1: Light Heavyweight;</span></p><p>

'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam (31-22) vs (3-3) Eoghan Behan</p><p>

</p></div><p></p><p></p>

Main Event: Welterweight;

'Mad' Jason McCulloch (7-1) vs (5-0) Paddy McNamara

Co-Main Event: Light Heavyweight;

'The Irish Warrior' Conor Houghton (4-4) vs (47-30-4-1NC) 'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan

Fight 3: Middleweight;

Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-6) vs (28-14) Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly

Jean-Jacques Levasseur (3-1) vs (19-12) 'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell

Fight 1: Light Heavyweight;

'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam (31-22) vs (3-3) Eoghan Behan

<p></p><div style="text-align:center;"><p>Main Event: Welterweight;</p><p>

<strong>'Mad' Jason McCulloch (7-1)</strong> vs (5-0) Paddy McNamara</p><p> </p><p>

Co-Main Event: Light Heavyweight;</p><p>

'The Irish Warrior' Conor Houghton (4-4) vs <strong>(47-30-4-1NC) 'The Irish Assassin' Kerry Brennan</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Fight 3: Middleweight;</p><p>

Dennis 'The Irish Lion' Gallagher (9-6) vs <strong>(28-14) Nathan 'Hands of Stone' O'Reilly</strong></p><p> </p><p>

Fight 2: Welterweight;</p><p>

<strong>Jean-Jacques Levasseur (3-1)</strong> vs (19-12) 'The Surprise Package' Paul Duffell</p><p> </p><p>

Fight 1: Light Heavyweight;</p><p>

<strong>'The Highlander' Cliff McAddam (31-22)</strong> vs (3-3) Eoghan Behan</p></div><p></p><p></p>

Archived