Budget increases/decreases

I originally posted this at FOFC and I wanted to see if anyone else had any comments. [QUOTE]Has anyone taken a look at budget increase/decreases? My 2005 season with Hawaii, we went 8-4, won the Hawaii bowl, prestige went up 1 to 41, and my budget increased $30000. 2006 Went 11-2, won the conference, won the Hawaii bowl, prestige went up 2 to 43, and my budget increased $10000. 2007 Went 8-5, Hawaii bowl loss, prestige went up 1 to 44, and my budget decreased $60000. It just seems random.[/QUOTE] I just don't understand why my 8-4 season increased my budget more than going 11-2 and winning the conference and why my 8-5 season decreased my budget more than the two increases.

Guest Nukester
[QUOTE=TazFTW]I originally posted this at FOFC and I wanted to see if anyone else had any comments. I just don't understand why my 8-4 season increased my budget more than going 11-2 and winning the conference and why my 8-5 season decreased my budget more than the two increases.[/QUOTE] 2006 was a bad year for the stock market and the alumni didnt shell out the cash it normally would. Rebounded in 2007 so there was more free cash to burn ;)

I tested several seasons before playing for real and found the following.... Saved at the end of each stage before advancing to the next stage and found the budget increase to be be random. I base that on some of the following: After 3rd year at ND <12-0 National Champs> = budget increase/decrease ranged from -($60,000) to +$30,000. Also, tested with other teams and found similar results. I've seen changes of -($60,000 to $0) with the same team after the same season repeatedly. Another point of interest is strength of schedule and number of home games don't appear to be a factor. While this appears to be random I am confused by the logic involved...by this, I mean, Prestige increases & budget decreases, Prestige decreases & budget increases. While logic would suggest a budget increase with an increase in Prestige and vice-versa. I hope the to see the logic here revisited in a later patch or future release of game. All that said, I Love This Game. -Kevin

[QUOTE=mkpeak] Another point of interest is strength of schedule and number of home games don't appear to be a factor. [/QUOTE] I've heard others say this, and this is very troubling if true. I understand the slight randomness being built into the program, but it is a randomness included to a designed increase/decrease (as a better team on average I get more budget then when I was a bad team). But I can't imagine that this basics aren't built into the game. As a bottom feeder, why play a top 10 team if your budget will be the same as if you play all weak teams? For that matter, I haven't noticed any negligible difference in attendance when I host Temple vs. when I host a top 10 school.

For 1.04, I've made it more performance based. Before, only extreme shifts caused meaningful changes and it was based a little more on total scholarships and a small random factor. For 1.04, the recruit budget is still tied to scholarships, but the overall budget is now a combo of your board rating and prestige change.

I'm going to continue updating this thread to see if the budgets need more tweaking. I installed the 1.04 patch in week 18 of the 2007 offseason (I decided to wait for the patch because I wanted to be able to recruit a DT that didn't suck). I believe the budget following the 2008 season should be the first under the patch corrections. 2008 Went 10-2 with a win in the Hawaii Bowl. Prestige went up 1 to 45 and the budget stayed the same. Fundraising and funding were average. Overall board grade is a C+. Didn't write down Board Expectations grade. 2009 Went 8-5 with a win in the Hawaii Bowl. Prestige stayed at 45 and the budget got a $30,000 increase. Fundraising and funding were average. Overall board grade is a C. Board Expectations grade was a B.

Is board rating based on how you do with academic suspensions? I just won my second consecutive national championship (only one with 1.4), and for the second consecutive year, my budget dropped. This year, winning a 2nd consecutive championship, while all my other grades were A (not even an A+ for performance!?), board expectations were a D, and my overall grade was a C. Ouch. With prestige of 88, I know there are high expectations, but only a C? :eek: Anyway, my question is, since it is now more important in budget, what is board rating based on?

2010 Went 11-2 winning the conference and the Hawaii bowl. Prestige stayed at 45, my board expectations grade was an A while the overall grade was a B. Budget was decreased $15000. 2011 Went 10-3 with a Hawaii bowl win. Prestige improved 1 to 46, board expectations grade was a B, overall grade was a B-. Budget increased $5000. 2012 Went 8-5 with a Hawaii bowl victory. Prestige went up 1 to 47, board expectations grade was a B, overall grade was a B-. Budget stayed the same. 2013 Went 9-3 with a Hawaii bowl victory. Prestige stayed at 47, board expectations grade was a B, overall grade was a C+. Budget stayed the same. 2014 Went 10-3 winning the conference and the Hawaii bowl. Prestige stayed at 47, board expectations grade was an A, overall grade was a B. Budget increased $5000.

Archived